Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday 15:41 - Apr 26 with 5797 viewsDeano69

Suspect the same at Fleetwood.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 15:47 - Apr 26 with 3336 viewsbraveblue

Stay in the stands and let everyone enjoy it.
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 15:52 - Apr 26 with 3305 viewshatch

Please for the love of God don't pitch invade.

We're a good size club and yes this season has been special and taken years of misery to come, but it's very tinpoint to celebrate pitch invading a league we previously hadn't experienced for about 53 years or whatever it was.

So, SHOULD we gain promotion, please please let the players enjoy the applauds from the stands.
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 15:55 - Apr 26 with 3282 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Seeing a lot of ‘let the players have their moment, what about fans having theirs?

Also, did nobody see Wrexham at the weekend? The players loved it, were on the backs of fans chanting on the pitch. Being thrown up and down.

Players love the fans, and I’m sure would not care in the slightest if they did invade.
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:01 - Apr 26 with 3203 viewsZx1988

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 15:55 - Apr 26 by abracaDOBRA_

Seeing a lot of ‘let the players have their moment, what about fans having theirs?

Also, did nobody see Wrexham at the weekend? The players loved it, were on the backs of fans chanting on the pitch. Being thrown up and down.

Players love the fans, and I’m sure would not care in the slightest if they did invade.

Yes, because football players are famously dead keen to be mobbed by hundreds of drunk, coked-up, thirty-somethings.

The fans are more than welcome to have their moment, so long as it doesn't involve breaking the law and putting ITFC at risk of serious sanctions.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:08 - Apr 26 with 3159 viewsFrimleyBlue

So. They do a podcast and ask Ashton etc for interviews to increase their figures. Yet feel its appropriate to ignore club safety requests.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:12 - Apr 26 with 3115 viewsBobbychase

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 15:55 - Apr 26 by abracaDOBRA_

In 1991-92 fans went on the pitch at Oxford when we clinched promotion, and again at Portman Road the following week at home to Brighton. They went on the pitch when we beat Bolton in the play-offs.

And since those days, it has happened at every single club that has either won promotion at home or, like West Brom in 2003, survived relegation on the last day.

We can debate the rights and wrongs all night, and I probably won't go on the pitch on Saturday, but thousands will. Younger Town fans have been starved of even small bits of joy, let them have their moment even if it is League One.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:12 - Apr 26 with 3112 viewsclive_baker

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:08 - Apr 26 by FrimleyBlue

So. They do a podcast and ask Ashton etc for interviews to increase their figures. Yet feel its appropriate to ignore club safety requests.

The bloke's a massive man baby.

I don't know what people's obsession is with wanting to go onto the pitch. If you don't respect the wishes of the players, staff, club etc then you should at least respect the thousands of other long suffering Town fans in the ground who would want to enjoy a lap of honor. Some people aren't physically able to go on the pitch, others wouldn't want to.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:14 - Apr 26 with 3084 viewshype313

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:12 - Apr 26 by Bobbychase

In 1991-92 fans went on the pitch at Oxford when we clinched promotion, and again at Portman Road the following week at home to Brighton. They went on the pitch when we beat Bolton in the play-offs.

And since those days, it has happened at every single club that has either won promotion at home or, like West Brom in 2003, survived relegation on the last day.

We can debate the rights and wrongs all night, and I probably won't go on the pitch on Saturday, but thousands will. Younger Town fans have been starved of even small bits of joy, let them have their moment even if it is League One.

Everytime there might be a chance of an invasion, there is always communication from the club not to do so, and everyone then marches on the pitch.

Standard.

They are all just mindful after that berk of a Forest fan went too far.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:14 - Apr 26 with 3065 viewsZx1988

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:08 - Apr 26 by FrimleyBlue

What an utter berk.

Hopefully that's the last remaining bit of any goodwill from the club towards TT thrown firmly in the bin.

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:15 - Apr 26 with 3060 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

That boy is such a monumental tool. I won't chastise anyone for wanting to celebrate on the pitch, but it would be a real shame if a tiny minority of those that do let us all down. It was such a big thing at the end of last season and I am sure the EFL are keen to make examples of those that do this time around. 99% will be in the right spirit, but it only takes one idiot.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:15 - Apr 26 with 3056 viewsSwansea_Blue

lol. Like they'll be able to stop it. All go and keep it good natured and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:19 - Apr 26 with 2995 viewsBobbychase

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:14 - Apr 26 by hype313

Everytime there might be a chance of an invasion, there is always communication from the club not to do so, and everyone then marches on the pitch.

Standard.

They are all just mindful after that berk of a Forest fan went too far.

Exactly. When it happens after niggly, hard-fought play off matches (see Forest v Sheffield United) then there can be an air of hostility, but if we get the result we need on Saturday, fans will be celebratory and there is no issue or history with Exeter, who are probably secretly hoping we beat Plymouth to top spot.

Thousands will go on the pitch, players will be carried shoulder high with massive smiles on their faces (see Wrexham last weekend). An announcement will be made about clearing the pitch so there can be a lap of honour, and people will wander off.

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:22 - Apr 26 with 2943 viewsZx1988

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:19 - Apr 26 by Bobbychase

Exactly. When it happens after niggly, hard-fought play off matches (see Forest v Sheffield United) then there can be an air of hostility, but if we get the result we need on Saturday, fans will be celebratory and there is no issue or history with Exeter, who are probably secretly hoping we beat Plymouth to top spot.

Thousands will go on the pitch, players will be carried shoulder high with massive smiles on their faces (see Wrexham last weekend). An announcement will be made about clearing the pitch so there can be a lap of honour, and people will wander off.

It just takes one idiot to ruin it, though.

What if, say, Exeter take the lead and their GK indulges in some top-level sh*thousery, but is unable to prevent Town from ending up 2-1 winners? I certainly wouldn't want to be ending the match in front of the North Stand if I was in his shoes.

Or just any other player/incident during the course of the 90mins that draws the continued ire of the more vocal fans.

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:23 - Apr 26 with 2938 viewsKropotkin123

"I just made this fake quote" If it is true, I'll be disappointed.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:30 - Apr 26 with 2879 viewsBobbychase

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:22 - Apr 26 by Zx1988

It just takes one idiot to ruin it, though.

What if, say, Exeter take the lead and their GK indulges in some top-level sh*thousery, but is unable to prevent Town from ending up 2-1 winners? I certainly wouldn't want to be ending the match in front of the North Stand if I was in his shoes.

Or just any other player/incident during the course of the 90mins that draws the continued ire of the more vocal fans.

Yeah it does, true. But like I say, it happens at every club, every season, when there are promotions and relegation-avoidances. Nothing will stop it. Anyone with Sky Sports who watches the channel at this time of year can tell us that.

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:32 - Apr 26 with 2853 viewsbluelagos

"Club safety requests"?

What you on about Frimmers?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:43 - Apr 26 with 2739 viewsBrianTablet

30,000 muttering "Not bad, but we really should have beaten Lincoln." then heading into town for a Greggs and a night at the bingo should be the itinerary.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:46 - Apr 26 with 2693 viewsBobbychase

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:43 - Apr 26 by BrianTablet

30,000 muttering "Not bad, but we really should have beaten Lincoln." then heading into town for a Greggs and a night at the bingo should be the itinerary.

I have often heard people say: "Yes, 1991-92 and getting into the first ever season of the Premier League was great, but the experience was totally ruined by that pitch invasion at the end."

PS: Nobody has ever said that.

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:48 - Apr 26 with 2669 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:32 - Apr 26 by bluelagos

"Club safety requests"?

What you on about Frimmers?

That one from Offical ITFC
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 16:49]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:49 - Apr 26 with 2661 viewsxrayspecs

The fans can have their moment like they did last night, in the stands.
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:52 - Apr 26 with 2633 viewsKropotkin123

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:30 - Apr 26 by Bobbychase

Yeah it does, true. But like I say, it happens at every club, every season, when there are promotions and relegation-avoidances. Nothing will stop it. Anyone with Sky Sports who watches the channel at this time of year can tell us that.

"Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over — it is now!"

Pitch invasions, for promotion and Cup successes, have been apart of over a hundred years of football history.

I'm looking forward to seeing the images of Town fans celebrating on the pitch as we have done throughout our history.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:53 - Apr 26 with 2618 viewsClutch

Did people think there wouldn't be a message saying not to do it?

They have to be a responsible professional club.
Delusional, needy, narcissistic on 16:56 - Apr 26 with 2590 viewsDyland

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:12 - Apr 26 by clive_baker

The bloke's a massive man baby.

I don't know what people's obsession is with wanting to go onto the pitch. If you don't respect the wishes of the players, staff, club etc then you should at least respect the thousands of other long suffering Town fans in the ground who would want to enjoy a lap of honor. Some people aren't physically able to go on the pitch, others wouldn't want to.

And part and parcel of The Curse, lest we forget.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:59 - Apr 26 with 2551 viewsHerbivore

The goalposts are coming home with me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 17:00 - Apr 26 with 2544 viewsDJR

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:59 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

The goalposts are coming home with me.

I'm going to be smuggling in a spade!

More seriously, I have been on the pitch in the past, including Oxford. Indeed, I am sure it was a tradition at the last game of the season in the 70s, whether or not we had won something.

But I would prefer that we heed what the club says. To my mind nothing could better the interaction between the players and the fans last night, which just won't happen with a pitch invasion. And we would miss the Harry Clarke fist pump which he could give to all stands in the stadium.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 17:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024