Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Morsy appreciation post 21:12 - Apr 7 with 2503 viewsjasondozzell

Absolutely brilliant again today. Gets through so much work in a game. Steel, guile and excellent technically too. Still think he's hugely underrated somehow! Class act on and off the field. So lucky to have him as our skipper.

[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 21:12]
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:18 - Apr 7 with 2216 viewsBigCommon

He's the heartbeat of this team, without doubt..
Hope they invent an award for him this season. As probs Chappers or Leif will get POY.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:20 - Apr 7 with 2205 viewsthebooks

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:18 - Apr 7 by BigCommon

Hope they invent an award for him this season. As probs Chappers or Leif will get POY.

Best able to use exactly the same turn 20 times a match to take an opposition player out of the game and keep possession award, or something.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:23 - Apr 7 with 2189 viewsjasondozzell

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:18 - Apr 7 by BigCommon

Yeah, think Chappers will get it and he deserves it of course but Morsy has been so consistent.

Heard someone after Cambridge saying 'Morsy's finished'!!!!!!!!

What a player.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:23 - Apr 7 with 2184 viewsjasondozzell

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:20 - Apr 7 by thebooks

Best able to use exactly the same turn 20 times a match to take an opposition player out of the game and keep possession award, or something.

😄😄😄
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:26 - Apr 7 with 2155 viewsDubtractor

What a turn though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:30 - Apr 7 with 2124 viewsthebooks

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:26 - Apr 7 by Dubtractor

What a turn though.

Absolutely, a turn for the gods and for the ages, I love it every single time.

I will add his passing is fantastic too. The pass that set Burns away at Derby for the second goal was the best I’ve seen this season.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:31 - Apr 7 with 2112 viewsgrow_our_own

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:26 - Apr 7 by Dubtractor

What a turn though.

Worth pointing out that Samy's performing like this while fasting for Ramadan! I can barely get through an office meeting if I'm hungry, never mind elite sport.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:32 - Apr 7 with 2104 viewsArnieM

Sam is the very heartbeat of this squad. He’s a colossus of a player and captain and I shudder to think what would happen if he wasn’t in the side between now and the end of the season.

I can’t recall a more influential captain than the performance we saw from Jim Magilton in that Bolton play off game at PR. He was possessed that night ( watch the video of the game). Morsy reproduces that type of performance every game.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:35 - Apr 7 with 2089 viewsReusersTown

I don't think he's underrated, our best and most important player at this level! Viva Morey!!!
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:39 - Apr 7 with 2051 viewsBigCommon

Nah. Players player, or Managers player of the season..
He'll be getting my vote for fans player of the year. Just for his sheer consistency. Game in, game out...Lets not forget, he was baby sitting for a dozen odd games, too.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:53 - Apr 7 with 1988 viewsnshearman1

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:32 - Apr 7 by ArnieM

Sam is the very heartbeat of this squad. He’s a colossus of a player and captain and I shudder to think what would happen if he wasn’t in the side between now and the end of the season.

I can’t recall a more influential captain than the performance we saw from Jim Magilton in that Bolton play off game at PR. He was possessed that night ( watch the video of the game). Morsy reproduces that type of performance every game.

Totally agree. Also, the way he's curbed his aggression to avoid yellow cards has been phenomenal! Felt he was over-criticised on here at Bristol Rovers where he was still the engine-room of the team, constantly trying to break through.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 22:13 - Apr 7 with 1903 viewsfarkenhell

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:30 - Apr 7 by thebooks

Absolutely, a turn for the gods and for the ages, I love it every single time.

I will add his passing is fantastic too. The pass that set Burns away at Derby for the second goal was the best I’ve seen this season.

Totally agree about his passing. I haven't watched the highlights, but wasn't it his pass to Burns today for the third goal?

Also, interesting to read Phil's report this week. Morsy clearly enjoys playing alongside Luongo. Their partnership has been the main catalyst for the upturn in our performances and results.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 22:21 - Apr 7 with 1854 viewsTractorFrog

Best player in league one?

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 22:24 - Apr 7 with 1839 viewsVic

We’ll done Cook fitting him .

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 22:32 - Apr 7 with 1780 viewsBigCommon

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 22:21 - Apr 7 by TractorFrog

Best player in league one?

Up for debate. But from what I've seen in L1 this season, he walks into any MF.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 22:36 - Apr 7 with 1760 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So lucky? We are actually blessed to have the proper skipper as this club prior to Morsy's arrival hadn't had one for more than 10 years.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 22:37]
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 22:41 - Apr 7 with 1729 viewsreusersfreekicks

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:32 - Apr 7 by ArnieM

Holland was captain that night
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 22:50 - Apr 7 with 1662 viewsWeZBurnZ

The bloke is invaluable to us, I admire everything about the player the captain and the man.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 15:14 - Apr 8 with 1294 viewsSawtrich

He gets my vote for player of the season for his level of consistent performances for the entire season. Even yesterday he wasn't one that was taken off to get some rest but you can guarantee he'll not drop his level in the coming games. There was one completely unheralded moment in the second half, we were 2-0 up and comfortable but a Wycombe goal changes the momentum and they had three consecutive shots all blocked, two by Morsy. Class act on and off the ball.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 15:29 - Apr 8 with 1282 viewsclive_baker

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 15:14 - Apr 8 by Sawtrich

He gets my vote for player of the season for his level of consistent performances for the entire season. Even yesterday he wasn't one that was taken off to get some rest but you can guarantee he'll not drop his level in the coming games. There was one completely unheralded moment in the second half, we were 2-0 up and comfortable but a Wycombe goal changes the momentum and they had three consecutive shots all blocked, two by Morsy. Class act on and off the ball.

I’ll be a bit disappointed if he doesn’t win POTS. The only thing that might stop him winning it is the level of expectancy we now have for his performances, he’s almost a victim of his own competence. Chaplin has scored a lot which might sway some supporters, and of course you wouldn’t resent him winning it either, but Morsy has turned up week in, week out with 8/10 performances and will be getting my vote.

Succession planning for him is going to be a big consideration over the next few years, what with him turning 32 soon after next season starts.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 15:38 - Apr 8 with 1264 viewsArnieM

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 21:53 - Apr 7 by nshearman1

Totally agree. Also, the way he's curbed his aggression to avoid yellow cards has been phenomenal! Felt he was over-criticised on here at Bristol Rovers where he was still the engine-room of the team, constantly trying to break through.

I think having Luongo alongside him had made a huge difference to him personally. He no longer ( subliminally?) feels he has to do everything himself in the middle of the park and that responsibility of leading the team I’d say now feels to him like a shared one. Therefore he’s less aggressive but much MORE effective and efficient at winning the ball back and being a driving force in the team. I’ll be honest with you and say, I can’t see Evans getting his place back in the team anytime soon
(assuming Luongo stays , which I think he will).

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 17:47 - Apr 8 with 1200 viewsRuffs

Agree with all the above. Morsy is absolute class, we just need to sort out a chant so that he properly feels the love.
Sam Morsy appreciation post on 18:54 - Apr 8 with 1136 viewsChrisd

Well done Paul Cook in getting him in.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 22:29 - Apr 8 with 1017 viewsArnieM

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 22:41 - Apr 7 by reusersfreekicks

Holland was captain that night

Yes he was , but Magilton was totally the leader out on the park that night.

Sam Morsy appreciation post on 10:18 - Apr 9 with 885 viewsStewart27

Sam Morsy is 8/10 on a bad day.

My brother and I were having a conversation last night and both agreed he’s our best player by a little distance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024