Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. 15:43 - Mar 6 with 4198 viewsitfcjoe

The only players in League 1 with more assists than Wes Burns

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 21:21 - Mar 6 with 941 viewsBlueBadger

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 18:07 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

It's amazing really

Dropped from 1st to 3rd. Won fk all in 3 months.

Yet not one player to you lot dropped in performance levels.

Must have just been unlucky each game.

When one sh1ts oneself in public, it's common decency to clean yourself up, not dance round the street in it.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 21:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:26 - Mar 6 with 916 viewsitfcjoe

Didn't you say you were going out? on 20:33 - Mar 6 by jayessess

Some places (transfermarkt) count assists that were deflected on their way to the scorer (like our 1st on Saturday), others don't (BBC, whoscored, fotmob). Burns has 2 assists of that type.

Mine are FBRef

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:48 - Mar 6 with 842 viewsjayessess

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:26 - Mar 6 by itfcjoe

Mine are FBRef

Only seems fair to count them I reckon, we count deflected shots after all.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:50 - Mar 6 with 835 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:26 - Mar 6 by itfcjoe

Mine are FBRef

Can't argue that your OP is factually correct

It's interesting to note there are 9 players including Burns on 7 assists ( which means it includes the 1st on saturday which i think is rather kind)

but also interesting is that assists/90 minutes, Burns isn't in the top 10

Also, people have mentioned the wack a ball tag on this thread.
Shots 42, off target 23, which imo is quite high considering the majority of his efforts are in/around the 18yard box. It's not overly drastic, but in such positions, and seeing the chances he's had, he could have done so much more.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:52 - Mar 6 with 821 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:48 - Mar 6 by jayessess

But if a defender hits a ball forward and it's headed by a defender into the path of the striker, you don't give that as an assist. Same as edwards wasn't an assist when stockdale palmed it funnily enough i think it was Burns last season.

Waka waka eh eh

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:52 - Mar 6 with 815 viewsSwansea_Blue

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:48 - Mar 6 by jayessess

Only if they were originally on target. Not that you could make that distinction with assists anyway. Besides, you only have to watch Wes to see what he brings (and that’s not all good when you watch him trying to defend!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 21:52 - Mar 6 with 815 viewsFrimleyBlue

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 21:21 - Mar 6 by BlueBadger

When one sh1ts oneself in public, it's common decency to clean yourself up, not dance round the street in it.

you'd know, you spread the same sht daily.

Waka waka eh eh

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:58 - Mar 6 with 805 viewsDyland

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:52 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

But if a defender hits a ball forward and it's headed by a defender into the path of the striker, you don't give that as an assist. Same as edwards wasn't an assist when stockdale palmed it funnily enough i think it was Burns last season.

"But if a defender hits a ball forward and it's headed by a defender into the path of the striker, you don't give that as an assist"

Well no obviously not. What's that got to do with it? We're talking about players looking to make an assist and whether a deflected effort should count as an assist.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Didn't you say you were going out? on 22:01 - Mar 6 with 789 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:58 - Mar 6 by Dyland

"But if a defender hits a ball forward and it's headed by a defender into the path of the striker, you don't give that as an assist"

Well no obviously not. What's that got to do with it? We're talking about players looking to make an assist and whether a deflected effort should count as an assist.

Well we see Wolfy etc on occasions try to play in the striker, so that's an attempt at an assist.
No difference to Burns's first, he went for the assist, fluffed the pass and hit the first defender again, only this time, he got a kind deflection.

Waka waka eh eh

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 22:03 - Mar 6 with 788 viewsBlueBadger

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 21:52 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

you'd know, you spread the same sht daily.

No, YOUR mum is fat.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Didn't you say you were going out? on 22:08 - Mar 6 with 770 viewsjayessess

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:52 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

If you hit a shot straight at the keeper and it deflects into the corner, you get a goal. If you cross the ball and you force the defender to deflect to the scorer, feels like you should get an assist.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Didn't you say you were going out? on 22:17 - Mar 6 with 746 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't you say you were going out? on 22:08 - Mar 6 by jayessess

If you hit a shot straight at the keeper and it deflects into the corner, you get a goal. If you cross the ball and you force the defender to deflect to the scorer, feels like you should get an assist.

I think watching it back, it should defo be an assist in this case as without the defender, it was going straight to chaplin.

I can see why different stat sites have it differently, but you're right as without the defender in this situation, the ball would have gone straight to chaplin anyway.

Waka waka eh eh

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 23:37 - Mar 6 with 683 viewsStewart27

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 18:59 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

Yet the stats show that only a few people have more assists and thus your points were nonsense.

Not at all SB. As said his stats would be even better with more composure.

I've no problem with evidence SB. In his advanced role with the amount of attacks we have it's a given that he'd have a high amount of assists.

Burns is still wackaball. You might not agree I don't care. He's had plenty of opportunities to score and assist more in the last 4 months which you ignore.

But you be you SB.

You're still unhappy with agreeing with me that Morsy should have been dropped a little while ago. And then you tried desperately to back track.

But I'm off out tonight. So you enjoy your SB show.

Oh and btw, remember that thread where they discussed people's thoughts on Burns... 'PEOPLE' Not what did 1 poster on twtd think about Burns. So maybe, try not singling out 1 poster when there's a host of people thinking the same thing

FB
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 19:07]

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Your presented with facts that he has 10 assists this season but you are now saying he should have had more. That’s like saying with a bit more composure Haaland would have 50 PL goals so far and using it as a stick to beat him with.

You’re also using the 3 months when the team weren’t firing as your time to base Burns’ stats on. Please for the love of god just admit that it’s another great return from our Wes this season. Yes this season. Not specific games to fit a narrative.

Oh and we’ve still got a third to play.
Didn't you say you were going out? on 23:43 - Mar 6 with 674 viewsStewart27

Didn't you say you were going out? on 21:50 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

It's interesting to note there are 9 players including Burns on 7 assists ( which means it includes the 1st on saturday which i think is rather kind)

Shots 42, off target 23, which imo is quite high considering the majority of his efforts are in/around the 18yard box. It's not overly drastic, but in such positions, and seeing the chances he's had, he could have done so much more.

Course it was a bloody assist.

It brushed the back of the defenders heel en route to the target.

If it’s a shot on goal it doesn’t go down as an OG.
Didn't you say you were going out? on 23:57 - Mar 6 with 667 viewsPhilTWTD

First on Saturday didn't go down as a Burns assist on the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64767690
Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 08:07 - Mar 7 with 538 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 21:21 - Mar 6 by BlueBadger

Genuinely LOLLED at this.

Poor old Frimmers. He brings so much joy to this board, although probably not in the way he intends.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Didn't you say you were going out? on 08:13 - Mar 7 with 533 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

You are going to be gutted if we get promoted aren't you.

Do you ever sit back from your computer and think about what you are typing.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 08:40 - Mar 7 with 508 viewsFrimleyBlue

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 23:37 - Mar 6 by Stewart27

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Your presented with facts that he has 10 assists this season but you are now saying he should have had more. That’s like saying with a bit more composure Haaland would have 50 PL goals so far and using it as a stick to beat him with.

You’re also using the 3 months when the team weren’t firing as your time to base Burns’ stats on. Please for the love of god just admit that it’s another great return from our Wes this season. Yes this season. Not specific games to fit a narrative.

Oh and we’ve still got a third to play.

lol bless

I think you've missed the point about the 3 months, his lack of performances was a key part of why we struggled to win more games, so yes it's a good time period to use.

Not sure where you've got 10 league assists, it's 7 if you include sats 1st or 6 if you don't. 3/4 since october, with them coming in 2 games where we've scored 4 goals, so 0 assists in the other 15 games... What's so amazing about that then? genuine question here. If he's been that prolific that you're so strong in defending him... what about the other 15 games.

2 goals, 3/4 assists in 3 months, do you think that's a great return for someone with so much of the ball and so many opportunities. 23 shots off target out of 42 shots in and around the box.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 8:49]

Waka waka eh eh

Didn't you say you were going out? on 08:44 - Mar 7 with 502 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't you say you were going out? on 08:13 - Mar 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

You are going to be gutted if we get promoted aren't you.

Do you ever sit back from your computer and think about what you are typing.

not quite sure how you get that from that post, but no i'll be happy just like everyone else.

Waka waka eh eh

Didn't you say you were going out? on 09:10 - Mar 7 with 480 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Didn't you say you were going out? on 08:44 - Mar 7 by FrimleyBlue

not quite sure how you get that from that post, but no i'll be happy just like everyone else.

Just like you claim you're not only negative, everyone else isn't just happy with everything.

Didn't you say you were going out? on 09:12 - Mar 7 with 477 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't you say you were going out? on 09:10 - Mar 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Just like you claim you're not only negative, everyone else isn't just happy with everything.

Erm.

I said I'd be happy just like everyone else if we got promoted.

Waka waka eh eh

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 09:52 - Mar 7 with 431 viewsfabian_illness

I wish my Mum and Dad had called me Jevani.
Anyone got a number for Deed Poll?
Didn't you say you were going out? on 10:02 - Mar 7 with 424 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Didn't you say you were going out? on 09:12 - Mar 7 by FrimleyBlue

Erm.

I said I'd be happy just like everyone else if we got promoted.

Ah, didn't get what you were saying. Thought you were being sarcastic suggesting everyone is just happy with everything, while you see it as it really is. Which I think is a fair mistake to make given that's how you post over and over.

Didn't you say you were going out? on 10:05 - Mar 7 with 418 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't you say you were going out? on 10:02 - Mar 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Ah, didn't get what you were saying. Thought you were being sarcastic suggesting everyone is just happy with everything, while you see it as it really is. Which I think is a fair mistake to make given that's how you post over and over.

Oh OK another poster who ignores recent posts and only thinks of previous times. Gotcha.

Waka waka eh eh

Didn't you say you were going out? on 11:14 - Mar 7 with 366 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Didn't you say you were going out? on 10:05 - Mar 7 by FrimleyBlue

Oh OK another poster who ignores recent posts and only thinks of previous times. Gotcha.

eh?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024