Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. 15:43 - Mar 6 with 4199 viewsitfcjoe

The only players in League 1 with more assists than Wes Burns

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

You got there in the end ba ;) (n/t) on 17:41 - Mar 7 with 247 viewsDyland

Didn't you say you were going out? on 22:17 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

I think watching it back, it should defo be an assist in this case as without the defender, it was going straight to chaplin.

I can see why different stat sites have it differently, but you're right as without the defender in this situation, the ball would have gone straight to chaplin anyway.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Didn't you say you were going out? on 17:48 - Mar 7 with 246 viewsDyland

Didn't you say you were going out? on 22:01 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

Well we see Wolfy etc on occasions try to play in the striker, so that's an attempt at an assist.
No difference to Burns's first, he went for the assist, fluffed the pass and hit the first defender again, only this time, he got a kind deflection.

Yes and he'd be given it as an assist, if it deflected in the same way Burns' one did on Saturday... for example. And as you seem to have acknowledged now, it could be fairly called an assist even if not given by all stat sites.

Obviously if a defender just hoiks one forward and the oppo defender heads it straight to a striker who scores, it's not really an assist from the attacking team's defender.

Discussing stuff like this with you Makers sometimes makes me feel I'm in a Philip K. Dick novel.

Didn't you say you were going out? on 18:06 - Mar 7 with 222 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Didn't you say you were going out? on 17:48 - Mar 7 by Dyland

Yes and he'd be given it as an assist, if it deflected in the same way Burns' one did on Saturday... for example. And as you seem to have acknowledged now, it could be fairly called an assist even if not given by all stat sites.

Obviously if a defender just hoiks one forward and the oppo defender heads it straight to a striker who scores, it's not really an assist from the attacking team's defender.

Discussing stuff like this with you Makers sometimes makes me feel I'm in a Philip K. Dick novel.

So weird to see a football 'supporter' trying to take assists away from one of his own players, just so he can prove a point. Who does that?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 18:10 - Mar 7 with 213 viewsSharkey

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 18:15 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

Good to see Brown continued his form. Thought he might have been on our target list earlier in season. Not one for future Tho.

he's been on gardening leave for a month or so, no, as he awaits his trial for assault?
Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 18:43 - Mar 7 with 197 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Aaron Collins, Leif Davis, Conor Hourihane and Jevani Brown. on 18:09 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

Why not? We've got a host of champ players in it.

But seriously. Is it to much to of an expectation of a professional footballer to calmly play the ball more than wacking it as hard as possible.
He's shown when he does things come off.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 18:13]

Apologies for playing the man and not the ball here (never my style) but I do sometimes wonder why you do this to yourself? Like why would you say these things if it’s not to cause a reaction. You just know how ridiculous you sound at times. Genuinely.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Didn't you say you were going out? on 19:03 - Mar 7 with 194 viewsDyland

Didn't you say you were going out? on 18:06 - Mar 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

So weird to see a football 'supporter' trying to take assists away from one of his own players, just so he can prove a point. Who does that?!

Makers does :) There are others here who do similar.

Tbf to Frimmers, and as Fungers commented recently, he does get pelters unfairly at times. Saying that I'm not privy to any personal spats or their history.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024