Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The JD and Clarke 'debate' 17:29 - Jan 26 with 2561 viewsNthQldITFC

Great article in the Star, summing up what I think we pretty much all agree with in that JD has been superb for us, and will continue to be so, as and when (and possibly where.)

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23278464.ipswich-town-harry-clarke-janoi-donacien-g

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 17:40 - Jan 26 with 2470 viewsFrimleyBlue

I know it was Morcambe. But if clarkes performance is a weekly clarke performance. I think it's the biggest difference in level we've seen from player coming in to what we had.

That's not saying JD has been poor, but clarke just looked imo like Broadhead did v Harness, that extra level of quality.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 17:47 - Jan 26 with 2425 viewsStokieBlue

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 17:40 - Jan 26 by FrimleyBlue

I know it was Morcambe. But if clarkes performance is a weekly clarke performance. I think it's the biggest difference in level we've seen from player coming in to what we had.

That's not saying JD has been poor, but clarke just looked imo like Broadhead did v Harness, that extra level of quality.

I think Davis was a comparable upgrade, possibly bigger given he was originally in against Penney I believe?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 17:48 - Jan 26 with 2424 viewsSlimitfc91

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 17:40 - Jan 26 by FrimleyBlue

Agree on both
The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 17:56 - Jan 26 with 2365 viewsFrimleyBlue

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 17:47 - Jan 26 by StokieBlue

I think Davis was a comparable upgrade, possibly bigger given he was originally in against Penney I believe?

SB

O good point.

Waka waka eh eh

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 18:01 - Jan 26 with 2361 viewsDyland

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 17:47 - Jan 26 by StokieBlue

SB

Indeed, though it did take a few games for him to get going and really show his quality. Clarke came in and... bang...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 18:25 - Jan 26 with 2200 viewsOriginalMarkyP

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 18:01 - Jan 26 by Dyland

Indeed, though it did take a few games for him to get going and really show his quality. Clarke came in and... bang...

I think let's wait and see how it develops.

Everyone is treating Clarke like the second coming. And his debut was superb. But he's still only 21. That's young to deliver like that every week. There's a huge amount of expectation and pressure building.

Let's just be very happy we've got two great options. That's the beauty about KMcK's approach. It's about options. Both players will feature dependent on the game. Let's enjoy watching both of them.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 18:42 - Jan 26 with 2118 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

People need to relax on Clarke. Brilliant debut and looks to be a great signing.

But it was a game where he had almost 0 defending to do. Lets not stick too much pressure on him.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 18:45 - Jan 26 with 2081 viewsFrimleyBlue

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 18:42 - Jan 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

People need to relax on Clarke. Brilliant debut and looks to be a great signing.

But it was a game where he had almost 0 defending to do. Lets not stick too much pressure on him.

Tbh. With our attacking intent. I was more interested in the attacking aspect of his game and how that would differ. Based on his YouTube videos and then his live performance I was glad to see that it is his natural game.

Of course defending is part of his role. And I'm sure it'll need developing as he most recently as he said, played more of the Burns role.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 19:04 - Jan 26 with 1998 viewsmonty_radio

.... while also remembering the amount of defensive covering from J.D. in the last one and a half seasons has been immense. On the ground very little gets past him. Clarke may be as good, or in time, better defensively, but the King isn't quite dead yet.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 19:18 - Jan 26 with 1900 viewsDyland

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 18:25 - Jan 26 by OriginalMarkyP

Everyone is treating Clarke like the second coming. And his debut was superb. But he's still only 21. That's young to deliver like that every week. There's a huge amount of expectation and pressure building.

Let's just be very happy we've got two great options. That's the beauty about KMcK's approach. It's about options. Both players will feature dependent on the game. Let's enjoy watching both of them.

Agreed.

Plus this was a shell shocked and slightly clueless looking Morecombe side, no disrespect intended.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 19:33 - Jan 26 with 1832 viewsChrisd

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 18:25 - Jan 26 by OriginalMarkyP

Exactly, we seem to fall into this trap with every new signing. Let him have a run of games, then judge.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 06:16 - Jan 27 with 1341 viewsPique

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 19:33 - Jan 26 by Chrisd

Exactly, we seem to fall into this trap with every new signing. Let him have a run of games, then judge.

Also, it's not impossible that Clarke and Donacien could feature in the same team at times. Clarke could be capable of covering the Burns role if Jackson is unavailable/not fancied, with Donacien back in the hybrid role.
The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 07:39 - Jan 27 with 1186 viewstextbackup

and got a bit of a telling off from KM afterwards for being in search of a goal, as opposed to remembering the fundamentals of hid role in defending

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 08:09 - Jan 27 with 1107 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Indeed and he got turned very easily in the first ten minutes and had to give away a free kick in a dangerous area.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 08:16 - Jan 27 with 1071 viewstextbackup

The JD and Clarke 'debate' on 06:16 - Jan 27 by Pique

Also, it's not impossible that Clarke and Donacien could feature in the same team at times. Clarke could be capable of covering the Burns role if Jackson is unavailable/not fancied, with Donacien back in the hybrid role.

i'd take nick hayes in the burns role over KJ

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024