Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here 19:37 - Jan 14 with 5595 viewsDubtractor

Nothing has really changed since this morning, when optimism was overflowing with the 2 new signings. We've just got a draw (albeit one that should have been seen out as a win) against probably the best team in the league, from a fairly entertaining game. I appreciate that it being an injury time equaliser does impact things somewhat.

We knew before today that we struggle to kill off games, which is exactly why we've just signed two strikers. Don't get me wrong, we need to get back on the winning train soon, and ideally string a few wins together, but I'm surprised by the switch-around in mood based on one game where we played OK.

FWIW, the massive breaks in play for the substitutions, their defenders head injury, and Burns treatment, killed our momentum when we were well on top. I'm certain we'd have got another goal and killed the game without those stoppages.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 19:40 - Jan 14 with 3345 viewsFrimleyBlue

We are further behind 2nd place than we were this morning.

1 new striker didn't play coz he bought a new bed.

The first signing we made wasn't in the squad.

I suppose we will gel at some point this season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 19:42 - Jan 14 with 3320 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree about the negativity but clearly it is not the same. This morning we still had a chance to be 1 point behind them with two wins.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 19:43 - Jan 14 with 3316 viewsmarchy

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 19:40 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

I think the most frustrating thing is that we’ve got someone who knows more about what causes muscle tightness than a manager who has coached at one of the biggest clubs in the world, and we only use him to post nonsense on TWTD all the live-long day.
Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 19:51 - Jan 14 with 3222 viewsMoriarty

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 19:42 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

Agree about the negativity but clearly it is not the same. This morning we still had a chance to be 1 point behind them with two wins.

From Phil’s match report - we’ve dropped 15 points from winning positions whereas the pilgrims have picked up as many from losing positions.

Today’s story follows a pattern as opposed to a misstep in isolation.

The pattern is the problem. Op has used the word “negativity” and possibly “frustration” might capture it as well.

fka omuircheartaigh

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 19:52 - Jan 14 with 3221 viewsITFC_Forever

Frustrating result.

A 93rd minute equaliser against is always a downer, and what compounds it is that it’s not the first time we’ve done that this season, and it was against a side we need to close a seven point gap on.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 19:55 - Jan 14 with 3164 viewsDubtractor

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 19:40 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

Honestly, you thrive on this stuff.

It is tedious.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 20:04 - Jan 14 with 3090 viewsFrimleyBlue

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 19:55 - Jan 14 by Dubtractor

It is tedious.

I thrive on town winning games that gives us a chance of promotion.

You thrive on trying to justify continued failures.

Waka waka eh eh

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 20:33 - Jan 14 with 2915 viewsringwoodblue

I agree with Dubtractor. Although it’s always a blow to drop 2 points from a winning position, Plymouth are a very good side and in terms of frustration levels, today doesn’t come close to Charlton or Lincoln home or away.

I think there’s a lot of overreaction on here but I agree Town are making it a lot harder than it needs to be.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Login to get fewer ads

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 20:42 - Jan 14 with 2835 viewsblueprint

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 20:04 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

I thrive on town winning games that gives us a chance of promotion.

You thrive on trying to justify continued failures.

Dub tractor is right. You and a few others are in your element when we don’t win.
Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 20:46 - Jan 14 with 2794 viewsFrimleyBlue

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 20:42 - Jan 14 by blueprint

Dub tractor is right. You and a few others are in your element when we don’t win.

I'm on here win lose or draw. So that's rubbish.

If you're seeing posts you don't like. Blame the team as it means they've fked up again.

Being in our element would be celebrating a win. I take no pleasure in town failing again.

Waka waka eh eh

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 20:46 - Jan 14 with 2807 viewsPioneerBlue

Never surprised.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 20:51 - Jan 14 with 2750 viewsSimonds92

People have had a reality check that Plymouth are actually a good side and the expectation that they will fall away is not likely.
Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 21:08 - Jan 14 with 2647 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I still feel we will get top 2.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 23:03 - Jan 14 with 2431 viewsreusersfreekicks

Guess you want Cook back or was it Lambert you rated i forget
Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 23:04 - Jan 14 with 2417 viewsreusersfreekicks

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 19:55 - Jan 14 by Dubtractor

It is tedious.

He really does.
Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 23:05 - Jan 14 with 2389 viewsFrimleyBlue

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 23:03 - Jan 14 by reusersfreekicks

Guess you want Cook back or was it Lambert you rated i forget

No I'd like KM to sort out our weaknesses and stop dropping points.

If he can great. And hope we get promoted. If not then we will need to find someone who can.

Over to KM.. he's had support. No one has the help he has at this level. No excuses.

Waka waka eh eh

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 23:08 - Jan 14 with 2371 viewsreusersfreekicks

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 23:05 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

If he can great. And hope we get promoted. If not then we will need to find someone who can.

Over to KM.. he's had support. No one has the help he has at this level. No excuses.

Ffs
Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 23:10 - Jan 14 with 2345 viewsFrimleyBlue

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 23:08 - Jan 14 by reusersfreekicks

Ffs

Is that any different to what you want? Surely it's for us to get better and get promoted no?

Waka waka eh eh

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 23:12 - Jan 14 with 2317 viewspositivity

i'm not in the least bit surprised, some on here revel in negativity.

you see it in the chatroom too, so many people only pop in when we lose a goal! i don't know if it's just an ipswich thing or plymouth and sheff weds had similar effects when they had tough games/streaks?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 23:13 - Jan 14 with 2301 viewswaveneyblue

Seriously, change the bloody record you plum
Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 00:41 - Jan 15 with 2132 viewsStewart27

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 20:46 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

I'm on here win lose or draw. So that's rubbish.

If you're seeing posts you don't like. Blame the team as it means they've fked up again.

Being in our element would be celebrating a win. I take no pleasure in town failing again.

Why would I blame the team for your tedious posts? I love the team I support.
Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 00:42 - Jan 15 with 2124 viewsStewart27

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 23:05 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

What support do you offer? Serious question.
Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 00:45 - Jan 15 with 2104 viewsFrimleyBlue

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 00:42 - Jan 15 by Stewart27

What support do you offer? Serious question.

To KM? Well I'm not the owner so none. But they've backed him financially. Bizarre question.

Waka waka eh eh

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 01:01 - Jan 15 with 2095 viewsStewart27

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 00:45 - Jan 15 by FrimleyBlue

To KM? Well I'm not the owner so none. But they've backed him financially. Bizarre question.

So because we’ve spent the most money, we should be top of the league? Not even sure if we’ve spent the most.
Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 01:09 - Jan 15 with 2074 viewsFrimleyBlue

Slightly surprised by the level of negativity on here on 01:01 - Jan 15 by Stewart27

So because we’ve spent the most money, we should be top of the league? Not even sure if we’ve spent the most.

Look. The owners. The actual owners. Provide financial backing with promotion in mind. It's their target.

Come may as long as get promoted it's fine. But we are making it harder and harder for ourselves and the target won't be just go out and play lovely football it will be to get promoted.

If. And that's just if. A manager can't get a side up with the support our owners give them then questions will be asked.

We still have months to go. So no its not over yet. But at present there is nothing yet to suggest we are about to go a massive win streak which we will need to finish in the top 2.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024