Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action 17:54 - Jan 14 with 12316 viewsMillsTash

Covering yourselves in glory at the end of the game today fighting with an old bloke.
Blue Action on 17:55 - Jan 14 with 8141 viewsnoggin

What, all of them?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Blue Action on 17:56 - Jan 14 with 8101 viewsMillsTash

Blue Action on 17:55 - Jan 14 by noggin

What, all of them?

1 of their lads.
Blue Action on 17:56 - Jan 14 with 8074 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you know the circumstances then? They are a group trying to get all fans to unite so doubt they would randomly go after another fan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Blue Action on 17:57 - Jan 14 with 8074 viewsNeedhamChris

Blue Action on 17:56 - Jan 14 by MillsTash

1 of their lads.

Ah so one lad.

Makes your post a little dramatic

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Blue Action on 18:01 - Jan 14 with 7950 viewsMillsTash

Blue Action on 17:57 - Jan 14 by NeedhamChris

Ah so one lad.

Makes your post a little dramatic

Who represent them. Lovely bunch.
Blue Action on 18:02 - Jan 14 with 7893 viewsNeedhamChris

Blue Action on 18:01 - Jan 14 by MillsTash

So you could say the same for Ipswich fans then

Blue Action on 18:02 - Jan 14 with 7880 viewsnoggin

You already admitted that it was one person.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Blue Action on 18:03 - Jan 14 with 7865 viewsTown_Boy

I also saw this. Some little 20 year old chav pushed over some 60+ year old falling down the chairs.

They have the bloke with the hat on who is the only one who try’s to get songs going the others just stand wearing stone Island waiting for a picture at the end with flags..

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action on 18:06 - Jan 14 with 7802 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I stand about 15 rows back behind them. But I was on the stairs as it happened so about 8 foot away.

The ‘old bloke’ (is 50/55 old or is it just middle aged) literally came over to them at full time when people were angry about the finish. He came storming over shouting at them about having the flag up when the ball is in play. It was for about 3 minutes and after we scored.

He shouted at them. One of the young lads (17/18?) told him to f**k off which was fair the way he came over. The fella said something back. They both pushed each other. People jumped in and the bloke moaning about the flags lunged at the young kid but as he did.. he fell over the seats.

That was literally it.

So the only things wrong with your op were:
1) He wasn’t old.
2) It wasn’t blue action, it was one young lad.
3) The bloke moaning about the flag initiated it.
4) It wasn’t even a fight.

Other than that you were spot on with your post.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Blue Action on 19:01 - Jan 14 with 7053 viewsbluejacko

Blue Action on 18:06 - Jan 14 by The_Romford_Blue

I stand about 15 rows back behind them. But I was on the stairs as it happened so about 8 foot away.

The ‘old bloke’ (is 50/55 old or is it just middle aged) literally came over to them at full time when people were angry about the finish. He came storming over shouting at them about having the flag up when the ball is in play. It was for about 3 minutes and after we scored.

He shouted at them. One of the young lads (17/18?) told him to f**k off which was fair the way he came over. The fella said something back. They both pushed each other. People jumped in and the bloke moaning about the flags lunged at the young kid but as he did.. he fell over the seats.

That was literally it.

1) He wasn’t old.

Now then don’t you go spoiling a good story!🙄🙄
Blue Action on 19:04 - Jan 14 with 7017 viewskizaitfc

Blue Action on 17:56 - Jan 14 by MillsTash

1 of their lads.

Haha move on then lad, like saying Ipswich fans are a disgrace when one d*ckehead starts a fight.

Why try to target one group when it was one individual.

I didn't see what happened but sounds to me like 2 lads got a bit emotional and it turned into a bit of an argument move on it happens every day.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Blue Action on 19:04 - Jan 14 with 7007 viewslazyblue

That was literally it.

1) He wasn’t old.

If the flag was up blocking his view then he has a very good point.
Blue Action on 19:22 - Jan 14 with 6809 viewsNeedhamChris

Looking at the OPs posting history there are three different moans about the lower north fans in the first two pages of history, so sounds like an axe to grind to me

Blue Action on 20:43 - Jan 14 with 6387 viewsstarofanglia

Blue Action on 19:04 - Jan 14 by lazyblue

If the flag was up blocking his view then he has a very good point.

They were doing it constantly in the first half and several people who’s view they were blocking complained to the stewards who are afraid to do anything about it. Anyone who complained was met with a torrent of abuse from the kids at the back of the group. They really don’t help themselves.
Blue Action on 21:44 - Jan 14 with 5958 viewsblueM3

So is the same self entitled bunch that assume being top lads, means everyone in the centre of the stand will give up there seats so this lot can 'sing' there??
Blue Action on 22:37 - Jan 14 with 5677 viewsMelford

This post shows how how many sad pricks there are who come to football, a fan group who in the sh*ttest time in the life of any Town fan is for the last few years dedicated to get some atmosphere going and get us all vocal and behind the team again and people try to find the most tenuous link to have a go at them.

Exactly the same people Sir Bobby called Zombies back in the day.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Blue Action on 00:39 - Jan 15 with 5371 viewsDinnernotTea

Blue Action on 22:37 - Jan 14 by Melford

This post shows how how many sad pricks there are who come to football, a fan group who in the sh*ttest time in the life of any Town fan is for the last few years dedicated to get some atmosphere going and get us all vocal and behind the team again and people try to find the most tenuous link to have a go at them.

Exactly the same people Sir Bobby called Zombies back in the day.

Amen brother.

Beware of the Ipswich Cabbages....

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Blue Action on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 4919 viewsSlambo

That was literally it.

1) He wasn’t old.

Thanks for the post mate, you've absolutely nailed it. Appalling behaviour from that bloke and if one of our lads had done that, rest assured, they would have been hauled in and given a 3 match ban. He also made a disparaging comment about me being a teacher at Chantry. I teach some wonderful, talented little human beings and spend a lot of time trying to build the esteem and self worth of many who have not had a great start in life. So whoever you are pal, get in the f**king bin...

While i'm here, let me make something abundantly clear about the flags: we will have usually 3 or 4 flags that are waved MOSTLY when the ball is out of play. Occasionally they're waved when in play, say, when someone takes a throw in on the halfway line or a couple of centre backs are passing it to each other, or on the rare occasions a chant reaches a real crescendo. THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN NOR WILL THEY EVER BE WAVED WHEN THERE IS GENUINE GOALMOUTH ACTION...

For those of you who bleat and moan about having your view of some inconsequential bit of play obscured for a few seconds, two points: we've been there for 2 seasons now. You know what we're about. If you don't like it -move. If I sat in the family enclosure and b1tched about how dead it was, I wouldn't get any sympathy. I'd be told to go somewhere more for me. The only concession i'll make here is that it's another example of how appallingly the club handled the whole move. We begged them to make it more of a 'thing', back it officially and make it clear what we'd be doing in there, but as always they fobbed us off, giving us the minimum concession without actually having to do any work...

Secondly, guess what: i'm sick of looking back at 600 glum, silent faces for 90 minutes every game. If you were to draw a Venn diagram of people who wet themselves about flags and people who neutralise the atmosphere by standing about in silence it would be one big circle...

I'd also like to put this argument to bed that because you've been based in the various iterations of the North Stand over the last 50 years it gives you some god given right to dictate how things are supposed to be conducted there forever. And think about WHY you're even there. The North Lower is not what it was when you were a teenager, and you probably moaned about old duffers who told you off for singing crass songs about Norwich and pulling w@nker signs at the away fans (or worse). Things change, and must continue to change. Do we want McKenna to keep coaching as it was done 50 years ago? Or should Mark Ashton scout the next big thing in a local park? All-seater stadia were an absolute catastrophe for atmosphere in grounds. As long as they're still in place we have to think creatively if we want to keep football grounds lively and interesting. Otherwise we just get the polite, genteel atmosphere of a rugby match or a tennis match - and who wants that..?!

But don't worry loyal North Standers, you hopefully won't have to put up with us much longer. We had hoped to be the uniting force in the North Lower but it's clear the fans don't want it, so we're going to fight tooth and nail to f**k off somewhere else. We'll be trialing the Cobbold Upper (block A) for the Burnley FA cup game, somewhere we'd had our eye on from day 1. I have no faith that the club won't balls it up somehow (was supposed to speak to our club liaison about it yesterday morning but he never called), but hopefully it's the first step in finding us a permanent, long term home. If watching football is for you more than just an idle, passive passtime, then i'd urge you to join us...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action on 09:04 - Jan 15 with 4843 viewschicoazul

Blue Action on 08:57 - Jan 15 by Slambo

Thanks for the post mate, you've absolutely nailed it. Appalling behaviour from that bloke and if one of our lads had done that, rest assured, they would have been hauled in and given a 3 match ban. He also made a disparaging comment about me being a teacher at Chantry. I teach some wonderful, talented little human beings and spend a lot of time trying to build the esteem and self worth of many who have not had a great start in life. So whoever you are pal, get in the f**king bin...

While i'm here, let me make something abundantly clear about the flags: we will have usually 3 or 4 flags that are waved MOSTLY when the ball is out of play. Occasionally they're waved when in play, say, when someone takes a throw in on the halfway line or a couple of centre backs are passing it to each other, or on the rare occasions a chant reaches a real crescendo. THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN NOR WILL THEY EVER BE WAVED WHEN THERE IS GENUINE GOALMOUTH ACTION...

For those of you who bleat and moan about having your view of some inconsequential bit of play obscured for a few seconds, two points: we've been there for 2 seasons now. You know what we're about. If you don't like it -move. If I sat in the family enclosure and b1tched about how dead it was, I wouldn't get any sympathy. I'd be told to go somewhere more for me. The only concession i'll make here is that it's another example of how appallingly the club handled the whole move. We begged them to make it more of a 'thing', back it officially and make it clear what we'd be doing in there, but as always they fobbed us off, giving us the minimum concession without actually having to do any work...

Secondly, guess what: i'm sick of looking back at 600 glum, silent faces for 90 minutes every game. If you were to draw a Venn diagram of people who wet themselves about flags and people who neutralise the atmosphere by standing about in silence it would be one big circle...

I'd also like to put this argument to bed that because you've been based in the various iterations of the North Stand over the last 50 years it gives you some god given right to dictate how things are supposed to be conducted there forever. And think about WHY you're even there. The North Lower is not what it was when you were a teenager, and you probably moaned about old duffers who told you off for singing crass songs about Norwich and pulling w@nker signs at the away fans (or worse). Things change, and must continue to change. Do we want McKenna to keep coaching as it was done 50 years ago? Or should Mark Ashton scout the next big thing in a local park? All-seater stadia were an absolute catastrophe for atmosphere in grounds. As long as they're still in place we have to think creatively if we want to keep football grounds lively and interesting. Otherwise we just get the polite, genteel atmosphere of a rugby match or a tennis match - and who wants that..?!

But don't worry loyal North Standers, you hopefully won't have to put up with us much longer. We had hoped to be the uniting force in the North Lower but it's clear the fans don't want it, so we're going to fight tooth and nail to f**k off somewhere else. We'll be trialing the Cobbold Upper (block A) for the Burnley FA cup game, somewhere we'd had our eye on from day 1. I have no faith that the club won't balls it up somehow (was supposed to speak to our club liaison about it yesterday morning but he never called), but hopefully it's the first step in finding us a permanent, long term home. If watching football is for you more than just an idle, passive passtime, then i'd urge you to join us...

Good post. All the best to you and the r rest of BA.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Blue Action on 03:59 - Jan 16 with 4432 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Only just seen this Slambo as have avoided the forum after the game since I posted earlier in this thread on Saturday evening.

Very interested as to the plan for the Cobbold move. Not sure the club (more so the police) will want it because of the proximity of the away end. Obviously the acoustics will be improved from there but the issue is that the police will absolutely do their best to stop it from happening for a magnitude of petty reasons. If you can get it off the ground in the first few games, I’d be interested in joining the good fight. As you say, plenty in the north just don’t seem to want the big wild atmosphere that a big game like Saturday should provide. It was there for a few minutes at the start of the game but it so quickly died down. It’s a real shame.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Blue Action on 08:00 - Jan 16 with 4128 viewsCityBlue

Love this post, love...in fact no...envy...your passion and enthusiasm.

I have donated to BA before and will continue to donate whilst you bring the energy back to Portman Road

I T I D

Blue Action on 08:10 - Jan 16 with 4078 viewsWickets

Please keep up the good work Blue Action . COYB
Blue Action on 08:35 - Jan 16 with 3928 viewsMetal_Hacker

I do find it a little odd the "support" you're being offered from the club considering the noises that come from the very same club in terms of positives and comments about the support at times. Only this week McK was asking for the atmosphere to be used to generate a 12th man sort of scenario

I understand it's very difficult to keep everyone happy in this situation but I'd rather have a rocking FPR than not regardless

There's got to be a solution surely because I'd hate the thought of the whole "Section 5" following fizzling out due to lack of support from the powers that be

Keep up the good work and hopefully you and the guys can find a solution yourselves perhaps

Poll: If it were one or the other

Blue Action on 09:08 - Jan 16 with 3765 viewsxrayspecs

Blue Action on 08:35 - Jan 16 by Metal_Hacker

I do find it a little odd the "support" you're being offered from the club considering the noises that come from the very same club in terms of positives and comments about the support at times. Only this week McK was asking for the atmosphere to be used to generate a 12th man sort of scenario

I understand it's very difficult to keep everyone happy in this situation but I'd rather have a rocking FPR than not regardless

There's got to be a solution surely because I'd hate the thought of the whole "Section 5" following fizzling out due to lack of support from the powers that be

Keep up the good work and hopefully you and the guys can find a solution yourselves perhaps

I suspect that the club want to ensure that they are supporting all of our fanbase and not preferentially favouring individual groups.

While I understand the request to move BA into the middle of the stand and agree it would help to coordinate the singing in the lower tier, it is incredibly naiive to assume that the club could support the involuntary displacement of supporters from the best seats in the stand.
Blue Action on 09:15 - Jan 16 with 3721 viewsBobbychase

Thanks for this post. I haven't donated to Blue Action for a while and this acts as a reminder to give them some money today.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024