Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More of this says Starmer. 09:12 - Jan 15 with 5455 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/jan/15/private-brokers-earn-millions-fi

All his promises junked.....inspirational.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

More of this says Starmer. on 09:31 - Jan 15 with 2688 viewschicoazul

He really does seem to be determined to cock it up from a winning position doesn’t he? Maybe he’s watched too much Ipswich recently.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

More of this says Starmer. on 09:43 - Jan 15 with 2658 viewsDJR

He also seems determined to take on the GPs which with low morale, a lack of numbers, and early retirement an easy option, doesn't seem very sensible to me.

To use a Don Quixote idiom, he appears to be tilting at windmills.
More of this says Starmer. on 11:32 - Jan 15 with 2562 viewsDarth_Koont

The guy’s as empty, unprincipled, self-serving and ultimately dishonest as Johnson.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64279654

What a time to be alive.

Pronouns: He/Him

More of this says Starmer. on 12:05 - Jan 15 with 2545 viewsDJR

More of this says Starmer. on 11:32 - Jan 15 by Darth_Koont

The guy’s as empty, unprincipled, self-serving and ultimately dishonest as Johnson.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64279654

What a time to be alive.

Agreed. With reform following reform for the last thirty odd years, I think the last thing the NHS needs is more reform. Just try to make the current system work with tweaks where necessary.
More of this says Starmer. on 12:11 - Jan 15 with 2533 viewsFreddies_Ears

More of this says Starmer. on 12:05 - Jan 15 by DJR

Agreed. With reform following reform for the last thirty odd years, I think the last thing the NHS needs is more reform. Just try to make the current system work with tweaks where necessary.

1 Pay NHS staff enough so that people actually want to work there.
2 Fix social care so patients can be discharged safely once they don't need to be in hospital.
3 Invest in the GP service so out of hours care is available, reducing pressure on A&E.

None of that needs institutional reform.
More of this says Starmer. on 12:27 - Jan 15 with 2510 viewsLeaky

More of this says Starmer. on 12:05 - Jan 15 by DJR

Tweaks , no put Paul Cook in charge bomb squad. To many managers not enough boots on the ground.
More of this says Starmer. on 13:24 - Jan 15 with 2446 viewsHARRY10

This is what I have been pointing out. Tories using agencies to fll in the gaps caused by brexit, and lack of training.

Something shown in a report in todays Telegraph, where the not too bright elderly folk of Bolton are discovery that actions have consequences. Vote brexit/Tory ............ staff shortages.

Though, try as I might, I cannot see any mention of Starmer in the article. Anyone care to quote the bit that does.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 13:25]
More of this says Starmer. on 13:52 - Jan 15 with 2415 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

More of this says Starmer. on 13:24 - Jan 15 by HARRY10

This is what I have been pointing out. Tories using agencies to fll in the gaps caused by brexit, and lack of training.

Something shown in a report in todays Telegraph, where the not too bright elderly folk of Bolton are discovery that actions have consequences. Vote brexit/Tory ............ staff shortages.

Though, try as I might, I cannot see any mention of Starmer in the article. Anyone care to quote the bit that does.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 13:25]

Starmer was on the BBC politics show this morning promising more outsourcing/privatisation and reigning back on every promise that secured his election.

Login to get fewer ads

More of this says Starmer. on 14:15 - Jan 15 with 2369 viewsSwansea_Blue

More of this says Starmer. on 09:43 - Jan 15 by DJR

He also seems determined to take on the GPs which with low morale, a lack of numbers, and early retirement an easy option, doesn't seem very sensible to me.

To use a Don Quixote idiom, he appears to be tilting at windmills.

Is it that, or is it trying to deprive the Tories of their easy traditional attacks by not seeming to be ‘red’ and also trying win over the lost red wall and Mail reading voters? Whatever he’s doing, he needs to be careful as he’ll lose core Labour support at this rate.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More of this says Starmer. on 14:40 - Jan 15 with 2323 viewsHARRY10

More of this says Starmer. on 13:52 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Starmer was on the BBC politics show this morning promising more outsourcing/privatisation and reigning back on every promise that secured his election.

Aha, it was not in this article.

While I can see how some might hthat closing off opportunity for Tory bleats, there is the danger of voters wondering why they should vote Labour if that is the case.

The nonsense that is privatisation is nothing more that cutting costs, which ultimately mean wage cuts. Be they allowing wage levels to fall and/or reducing staff - with the disasterus effects we are now seeing in rail, schools, the NHS, etc

All that happens as with the health agencies (above) is that shareholders take out huge sums that should be used to fully staff industries/services.

The odd thing is, I can understand why those lining their pockets back this short termism, I can never grasp why the cap doffers, brexiters/red wallers delude themselves it is in their interest.
More of this says Starmer. on 14:45 - Jan 15 with 2314 viewsHerbivore

More of this says Starmer. on 14:15 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

Is it that, or is it trying to deprive the Tories of their easy traditional attacks by not seeming to be ‘red’ and also trying win over the lost red wall and Mail reading voters? Whatever he’s doing, he needs to be careful as he’ll lose core Labour support at this rate.

Although it's a bit odd for him to essentially be positioning himself as indistinct from the Tories at a time when the Tories are hugely unpopular. There's a genuine opportunity to offer a progressive alternative but instead he's offering a brand of conservatism. It's a real shame.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 15:20]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More of this says Starmer. on 15:57 - Jan 15 with 2228 viewsHARRY10

More of this says Starmer. on 14:45 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Although it's a bit odd for him to essentially be positioning himself as indistinct from the Tories at a time when the Tories are hugely unpopular. There's a genuine opportunity to offer a progressive alternative but instead he's offering a brand of conservatism. It's a real shame.

The thought is that you cannpt be too progressive lest you scare of floating voters is nonsense. For one voters are sick to the death of the Tories, as recent by elections have shown and a years opinion polling has shpwn.

With the bloater up in front of the priviliges committee in Feb - live on TV. His blustering incompetence will be there for all to see. Expect spme highly damaging revelations.

What is needed is the reassurance that the country will be put back to beiung run properly. Lonny rightie/brexit ideas of trickle diwn should be scrapped cxompletely and services ran fir the benefit of all, not the profit of a few.

At the moment the UK seems to be rsan like a third world country, staggering from one foul up to another. Lets get back to sanity (which would make a good election slogan).
More of this says Starmer. on 16:08 - Jan 15 with 2217 viewsRob88

More of this says Starmer. on 15:57 - Jan 15 by HARRY10

The thought is that you cannpt be too progressive lest you scare of floating voters is nonsense. For one voters are sick to the death of the Tories, as recent by elections have shown and a years opinion polling has shpwn.

With the bloater up in front of the priviliges committee in Feb - live on TV. His blustering incompetence will be there for all to see. Expect spme highly damaging revelations.

What is needed is the reassurance that the country will be put back to beiung run properly. Lonny rightie/brexit ideas of trickle diwn should be scrapped cxompletely and services ran fir the benefit of all, not the profit of a few.

At the moment the UK seems to be rsan like a third world country, staggering from one foul up to another. Lets get back to sanity (which would make a good election slogan).

“Let’s go back to sanity”

Harry, for me, would you please!
More of this says Starmer. on 16:42 - Jan 15 with 2149 viewsHARRY10

More of this says Starmer. on 16:08 - Jan 15 by Rob88

“Let’s go back to sanity”

Harry, for me, would you please!

Poor righty, for you brexit, Truss's budget, privatisation, labour shortages, regulation/red tape/cost piled onto exporters is sanity

'master knows best', as your lot would have
More of this says Starmer. on 17:08 - Jan 15 with 2121 viewsRob88

More of this says Starmer. on 16:42 - Jan 15 by HARRY10

Poor righty, for you brexit, Truss's budget, privatisation, labour shortages, regulation/red tape/cost piled onto exporters is sanity

'master knows best', as your lot would have

It’s like every word you know thrown up on a post.
More of this says Starmer. on 17:14 - Jan 15 with 2091 viewsgazzer1999

More of this says Starmer. on 13:52 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64279654
More of this says Starmer. on 18:02 - Jan 15 with 2029 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

More of this says Starmer. on 15:57 - Jan 15 by HARRY10

Any ideas on which party represents this "sanity" Harry?

More of this says Starmer. on 18:07 - Jan 15 with 2014 viewsHARRY10

More of this says Starmer. on 18:02 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Any ideas on which party represents this "sanity" Harry?

Almost all of them bar Rob's far right lot (Tories and whatever name Farage is trading as, DUP
More of this says Starmer. on 18:07 - Jan 15 with 2022 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

More of this says Starmer. on 17:14 - Jan 15 by gazzer1999

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64279654

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/keir-starmer-hints-four-times-28958252

More of this says Starmer. on 18:10 - Jan 15 with 2011 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

More of this says Starmer. on 18:07 - Jan 15 by HARRY10

Almost all of them bar Rob's far right lot (Tories and whatever name Farage is trading as, DUP

Oh I see, one of the other righties!

More of this says Starmer. on 18:30 - Jan 15 with 1968 viewsGlasgowBlue

More of this says Starmer. on 14:45 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Maybe he’s taking a lead out of the Joe Biden playbook? Campaign as a moderate, govern as a progressive.

Starmer has to overturn a Tory majority of 80 and recover from the worst result for Labour since the 1920’s. To do so he needs to detoxify Labour after the Corbyn years and win over 4 million people who voted Tory in 2019.

Labour currently has a lead of around 25% over the Tories. I’d say Starmer is playing a blinder.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More of this says Starmer. on 18:34 - Jan 15 with 1965 viewsgazzer1999

More of this says Starmer. on 18:30 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

Maybe he’s taking a lead out of the Joe Biden playbook? Campaign as a moderate, govern as a progressive.

Starmer has to overturn a Tory majority of 80 and recover from the worst result for Labour since the 1920’s. To do so he needs to detoxify Labour after the Corbyn years and win over 4 million people who voted Tory in 2019.

Labour currently has a lead of around 25% over the Tories. I’d say Starmer is playing a blinder.

Flip flopping at every turn?
More of this says Starmer. on 18:43 - Jan 15 with 1942 viewsgazzer1999

More of this says Starmer. on 18:07 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/keir-starmer-hints-four-times-28958252

Nothing to choose between the 2 main parties really. The NHS should be taken away from politics and be run independently like the Bank of England, totally fed up with it being used as a political football.
More of this says Starmer. on 18:48 - Jan 15 with 1929 viewsHerbivore

More of this says Starmer. on 18:30 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

I guess it depends on whether you think politics is basically like football and it's all about getting your team to win, or whether you think it should be about making the country better. I've given Starmer the benefit of the doubt but now Labour are actually starting to put forward 'ideas' they are very uninspiring and amount to essentially more of the same.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More of this says Starmer. on 18:49 - Jan 15 with 1930 viewsRob88

More of this says Starmer. on 18:07 - Jan 15 by HARRY10

You can do better than that with your insults Harry. Call me a Nazi Harry, go on, I know you want to!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024