Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Harrop 15:26 - Dec 12 with 11508 viewscbower

Signed short term deal at Northampton. Christ he was appalling when he was here. Stunk the place out.

bluescouser

Josh Harrop on 15:32 - Dec 12 with 5827 viewsMiaow

Josh Harrop, Luke Thomas, Josh Earl, Keanan Bennetts, Luke Matheson - what was the point of any of them?

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Josh Harrop on 15:44 - Dec 12 with 5761 viewshomer_123

Josh Harrop on 15:32 - Dec 12 by Miaow

Josh Harrop, Luke Thomas, Josh Earl, Keanan Bennetts, Luke Matheson - what was the point of any of them?

Was thinking about Bennetts the other day.

I wondered if he was at Tottenham when KM was there and if was a KM sort of player. Think Bennetts signed for a BL2 team for this season.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 15:47]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Josh Harrop on 16:10 - Dec 12 with 5634 viewsIllinoisblue

The money Evans spunked on Bennetts and Quaner and the rest of them must give him nightmares.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Josh Harrop on 16:38 - Dec 12 with 5570 viewscbower

Josh Harrop on 16:10 - Dec 12 by Illinoisblue

The money Evans spunked on Bennetts and Quaner and the rest of them must give him nightmares.

Post Keane and early Jewell, everything Evans spent was sticking plaster money. There was no thought, planning and considered investment. It ws always to get us out of a whole. Only MM's man management skills saved us for several years from where we were heading from 2010 onwards.

bluescouser

Josh Harrop on 16:56 - Dec 12 with 5492 viewshoppy

Fortunately, I have little recollection of any of them - Bennetts probably the most remembered of that group.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Josh Harrop on 17:00 - Dec 12 with 5461 viewsFrimleyBlue

Josh Harrop on 16:56 - Dec 12 by hoppy

Fortunately, I have little recollection of any of them - Bennetts probably the most remembered of that group.

Poor mans sterling. Remembered well. :)

It would have been interesting how someone like KM would have utilised him.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Josh Harrop on 17:04 - Dec 12 with 5439 viewsRadlett_blue

Josh Harrop on 16:38 - Dec 12 by cbower

Post Keane and early Jewell, everything Evans spent was sticking plaster money. There was no thought, planning and considered investment. It ws always to get us out of a whole. Only MM's man management skills saved us for several years from where we were heading from 2010 onwards.

The number of players who have flitted in & out of Ipswich Town in recent years is mind-boggling, particularly the large number who have made next to know impact.
Last season, we had 7 loanees, of whom 3 were actually decent, which was an above average success rate. Last season we also released or sold 26 professionals, of whom only a handful attracted any sort of fee. Absolutely mind boggling, but a product of having 3 permanent managers in less than a calendar year.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Josh Harrop on 17:05 - Dec 12 with 5428 viewsjayessess

Luke Thomas was having a good season for Barnsley until he got injured in October. Good player in there but had mental health troubles whilst he was with us apparently.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Josh Harrop on 17:09 - Dec 12 with 5402 viewsclive_baker

Lol at Luke Matheson. The irony is the money we spent on wages and loan fees we probably could've made some decent additions, but ME wasn't prepared to look beyond the end of his nose and commit to any sort of longer term investment by that point.

Can we add Parrott to the list? I don't think I've seen a player less interested in what he's doing than him in a Town shirt. His attitude absolutely stunk.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Josh Harrop on 17:10 - Dec 12 with 5379 viewsKeno

Was it Gary Croft who we signed and then found out he had to play with a tag?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Josh Harrop on 17:12 - Dec 12 with 5369 viewsIllinoisblue

Josh Harrop on 17:04 - Dec 12 by Radlett_blue

The number of players who have flitted in & out of Ipswich Town in recent years is mind-boggling, particularly the large number who have made next to know impact.
Last season, we had 7 loanees, of whom 3 were actually decent, which was an above average success rate. Last season we also released or sold 26 professionals, of whom only a handful attracted any sort of fee. Absolutely mind boggling, but a product of having 3 permanent managers in less than a calendar year.

We were an utter shambles of a club. And now we’re too of L1, the highest scorers in the league with the best goal difference and still some fans squabble about needing new striker/s. We will always find something to moan about! Just glad it’s “good” moaning of late.

62 - 78 - 81

Josh Harrop on 17:13 - Dec 12 with 5318 viewsIllinoisblue

Josh Harrop on 17:05 - Dec 12 by jayessess

Luke Thomas was having a good season for Barnsley until he got injured in October. Good player in there but had mental health troubles whilst he was with us apparently.

Wasn’t he the one who had a big ol bulge in his trousers in his official signing photo?

62 - 78 - 81

Josh Harrop on 17:23 - Dec 12 with 5247 viewsRadlett_blue

Josh Harrop on 17:10 - Dec 12 by Keno

Was it Gary Croft who we signed and then found out he had to play with a tag?

While still art Blackburn, Croft picked up a 6 month driving ban for racking up speeding points. He put a local mate on his insurance & got him to act as his chauffeur. Croft unwisely drove down to Ipswich to discuss his pending move with GB, was stopped by police, first said his BMW was his & then changed his mind & gave his mate's name instead. He might have got away with it, but, by then a Town player, he was stopped driving to training & the policeman recognised him as his picture had been in the paper as Town's new signing. The game was up & Croft pleaded guilty to driving when Dq'd, without insurance & the more serious offence of perverting the course of justice. He was given 4 months in jail. I think he served a month before being released with an electronic tag, which made him unavailable for night games.

Josh Harrop on 17:40 - Dec 12 with 5167 viewsMelford

Josh Harrop on 17:12 - Dec 12 by Illinoisblue

We were an utter shambles of a club. And now we’re too of L1, the highest scorers in the league with the best goal difference and still some fans squabble about needing new striker/s. We will always find something to moan about! Just glad it’s “good” moaning of late.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Josh Harrop on 17:43 - Dec 12 with 5132 viewsKeno

Josh Harrop on 17:23 - Dec 12 by Radlett_blue

While still art Blackburn, Croft picked up a 6 month driving ban for racking up speeding points. He put a local mate on his insurance & got him to act as his chauffeur. Croft unwisely drove down to Ipswich to discuss his pending move with GB, was stopped by police, first said his BMW was his & then changed his mind & gave his mate's name instead. He might have got away with it, but, by then a Town player, he was stopped driving to training & the policeman recognised him as his picture had been in the paper as Town's new signing. The game was up & Croft pleaded guilty to driving when Dq'd, without insurance & the more serious offence of perverting the course of justice. He was given 4 months in jail. I think he served a month before being released with an electronic tag, which made him unavailable for night games.

I knew it was something like that!!

Peak Bantz Era?

Josh Harrop on 18:18 - Dec 12 with 5064 viewsjayessess

Josh Harrop on 17:09 - Dec 12 by clive_baker

Lol at Luke Matheson. The irony is the money we spent on wages and loan fees we probably could've made some decent additions, but ME wasn't prepared to look beyond the end of his nose and commit to any sort of longer term investment by that point.

Can we add Parrott to the list? I don't think I've seen a player less interested in what he's doing than him in a Town shirt. His attitude absolutely stunk.

Matheson's career is a weird one. Looked a very handy player in League One at age 16, such that a Premier League team came and signed him. England U17 and U18 international. Looked good in his first game for us, iffy in his second, never seen again.

He's now 20 and his last league action was getting relegated to the National League with Scunthorpe.

Bit harsh on Parrott, he looked (and looks) like a striker who just doesn't know how to regularly score in men's football but usually put a shift in I thought.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 18:19]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Josh Harrop on 18:20 - Dec 12 with 5052 viewsRadlett_blue

Josh Harrop on 17:43 - Dec 12 by Keno

I knew it was something like that!!

Peak Bantz Era?

GB handled the Croft incident very well, saying "We all make mistakes & Gary has just made a big one".

Josh Harrop on 18:20 - Dec 12 with 5057 viewsHipsterectomy

Luke Matheson came here, did an interview to say his dad is a Norwich fan, but he doesn't like them, played 2 games then left

Still a great legacy

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Josh Harrop on 18:23 - Dec 12 with 5023 viewsGuthrum

I don't even remember half of those.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Josh Harrop on 18:25 - Dec 12 with 5027 views66notout

Josh Harrop on 17:23 - Dec 12 by Radlett_blue

I seem to recall the ‘local mate’ was the son of former world snooker champion Dennis Taylor. Also, he was stopped in the town centre, near the bus station, after ignoring the fact that traffic was not permitted beyond a specific point.
Josh Harrop on 18:56 - Dec 12 with 4919 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Not just the loans but the various one season wonders that did nothing Ellington, Ebanks Blake, Best. Then the Jan edditons becaue we 'just need a little bit of help", Ben Pringle, Paul Green. Finally the arrived to greatnfanfare and did nothings, Moshni, Wordsworth, Verseli (only one to have any kind of decent career), that winger from Man City who's name I forgot (who they'd nicked from Utd). Oh and the what were thinking, Piotr Kamil Malarczyk, Balint Banjer.

I think even taking the above out there is still a whole squad of players from the last 15 years I can't even recall

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Josh Harrop on 19:22 - Dec 12 with 4809 viewsmonkeymagic

Josh Harrop on 18:56 - Dec 12 by BlueandTruesince82

Not just the loans but the various one season wonders that did nothing Ellington, Ebanks Blake, Best. Then the Jan edditons becaue we 'just need a little bit of help", Ben Pringle, Paul Green. Finally the arrived to greatnfanfare and did nothings, Moshni, Wordsworth, Verseli (only one to have any kind of decent career), that winger from Man City who's name I forgot (who they'd nicked from Utd). Oh and the what were thinking, Piotr Kamil Malarczyk, Balint Banjer.

I think even taking the above out there is still a whole squad of players from the last 15 years I can't even recall

I would like to add the following uninspiring signings :
Simon Dawkins
James Bree
Cameron Stewart
Alex Henshall
Josh Harrop on 19:25 - Dec 12 with 4786 viewsDubtractor

Another one for your list - Alex Henshall, signed from Man City.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Josh Harrop on 19:28 - Dec 12 with 4751 viewsGarv

Josh Harrop on 19:22 - Dec 12 by monkeymagic

I would like to add the following uninspiring signings :
Simon Dawkins
James Bree
Cameron Stewart
Alex Henshall

Bree was okay, harsh to lump him in with the rest.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Josh Harrop on 19:36 - Dec 12 with 4692 viewsKeno

**cough** Priskin **cough**

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024