Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exeter’s penalty appeal 21:17 - Nov 19 with 4168 viewsnshearman1

Looking back at that, we were lucky to get away with it. Could have changed the game significantly, given our previous history.
Exeter’s penalty appeal on 21:29 - Nov 19 with 3829 viewsIllinoisblue

They should feel hard done by. Looked a clear penalty. Oh well, think we were overdue for a decision going our way

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 21:36 - Nov 19 with 3776 viewsBarcaBlue

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 21:29 - Nov 19 by Illinoisblue

They should feel hard done by. Looked a clear penalty. Oh well, think we were overdue for a decision going our way

I thought the ref was going to give it but not sure it was that clear. The Exeter players didn't make too much fuss after the initial appeals so was probably borderline.
Exeter’s penalty appeal on 21:55 - Nov 19 with 3707 viewsvilanovablue

I thought it was 50 50 came down on our side today. Similar to the possible red card for them, he had his hands on him.
Exeter’s penalty appeal on 22:24 - Nov 19 with 3638 viewsJamie1991

Looked very soft to me
Exeter’s penalty appeal on 22:32 - Nov 19 with 3603 viewsjayessess

The bump is fairly obvious, but at times the ref allowed similar contact elsewhere on the pitch, so not terribly surprising he didn't give a penalty.

In general, thought the ref was all over the place with just how much he wanted to allow. Sometimes he was blowing up for absolutely nothing, other times letting things go after quite considerable contact. Another example of how the pre-season instruction to referees to allow games to flow and raise the threshold for fouls has just made officiating much more inconsistent.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 07:58 - Nov 20 with 3282 viewsjas0999

There player had little to no control of the football. Didn’t think it was a penalty.
Exeter’s penalty appeal on 08:47 - Nov 20 with 3193 viewscatch74

Both Cowley and Parkin after the game said no penalty in their opinion.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 09:37 - Nov 20 with 3080 viewscbower

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 07:58 - Nov 20 by jas0999

There player had little to no control of the football. Didn’t think it was a penalty.

That's irrelevant. Someone being hauled down as a corner comes into the box doesn't have control of the ball either but it's a penalty isn't it? Could have gone either way but control of the ball doesn't matter.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Definitely no penalty on 09:40 - Nov 20 with 3068 viewsunstableblue

I’ve seen several ‘similar’ incidents not given in the Premiership recently. Even after VAR. and they were far far more deliberate and physical
[Post edited 20 Nov 2022 9:52]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 09:44 - Nov 20 with 3055 viewsstrikalite

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 08:47 - Nov 20 by catch74

Both Cowley and Parkin after the game said no penalty in their opinion.

That's surprising, for me it was and I was expecting him to point to the spot, which(if they'd have scored)would have made another very nervy ending...(we know it would have then ended 2-2!!)
Exeter’s penalty appeal on 09:46 - Nov 20 with 3051 viewsVaughan8

Live I thought "ah get up"

But actually on the replay, Davis doesn't really look like he's "playing the ball". We've had penalties given against us for less, lets put it that way!
Example of my point on 09:46 - Nov 20 with 3050 viewsunstableblue

Definitely no penalty on 09:40 - Nov 20 by unstableblue

I’ve seen several ‘similar’ incidents not given in the Premiership recently. Even after VAR. and they were far far more deliberate and physical
[Post edited 20 Nov 2022 9:52]

Trent’s was far far far more deliberate and physical a ‘nudge’ than Davis yesterday

And was not given by var or ref pundit

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 11:33 - Nov 20 with 2919 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I thought it was a dive.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 12:15 - Nov 20 with 2898 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 11:33 - Nov 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I thought it was a dive.

Me too

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 12:28 - Nov 20 with 2866 viewsChrisd

The contact was minimal, was it enough to warrant a penalty? Not for me. For all the criticism that the officials generally get and deserve sometimes in L1, I thought the ref managed the game well yesterday.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 13:23 - Nov 20 with 2770 viewsMullet

Would have been incredibly soft but highlights how bad consistency has got when we are debating it so.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 14:57 - Nov 20 with 2661 viewsWickets

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 09:37 - Nov 20 by cbower

That's irrelevant. Someone being hauled down as a corner comes into the box doesn't have control of the ball either but it's a penalty isn't it? Could have gone either way but control of the ball doesn't matter.

Yes but if you give every coming together as a foul you would never stop giving fouls , so a decent Ref will try and read the game .
Exeter’s penalty appeal on 14:59 - Nov 20 with 2651 viewsCrock

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 21:29 - Nov 19 by Illinoisblue

We had quite a few decicions going our way yesterday.

Poll: Favourite number?

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 15:13 - Nov 20 with 2633 viewsjeera

I didn't think it was a pen. Thought matey went down far too easily.

Saw it back a few times yesterday and couldn't see contact strong enough to cause a fall.

Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough or wearing the right coloured glasses to be fair. I can be biased when it's one of ours.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 15:45 - Nov 20 with 2596 viewsoldburian

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 14:59 - Nov 20 by Crock

We had quite a few decicions going our way yesterday.

Immediately after Burns was impeded when through. If that was given then a red card would have resulted.
Ref was consistent.
Exeter’s penalty appeal on 15:59 - Nov 20 with 2578 viewsWickets

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 15:45 - Nov 20 by oldburian

Immediately after Burns was impeded when through. If that was given then a red card would have resulted.
Ref was consistent.

Good point there was as much contact on the Burns one as the Exeter penalty appeal .
Exeter’s penalty appeal on 16:17 - Nov 20 with 2555 viewscbower

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 14:57 - Nov 20 by Wickets

Yes but if you give every coming together as a foul you would never stop giving fouls , so a decent Ref will try and read the game .

I never said it was or wasn't a penalty. I was more making the point that the fact Nombe wasn't in control of the ball is neither here nor there in making a decision.

bluescouser

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 16:28 - Nov 20 with 2523 viewsEly_Blue

Makes up for the one he gave Wycombe at PR a few years back

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 17:13 - Nov 20 with 2476 viewsWickets

Exeter’s penalty appeal on 16:17 - Nov 20 by cbower

I never said it was or wasn't a penalty. I was more making the point that the fact Nombe wasn't in control of the ball is neither here nor there in making a decision.

Yes and your right of course but this thread is about a possible penalty incident . Not enough contact for me and the simple fact Haa not got the ball under control will be a consideration for a good Ref .
Exeter’s penalty appeal on 18:06 - Nov 20 with 2418 viewsbraveblue

Fell down far too easily. Refs have been told sufficient force must be made. Bit like Burns through on goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024