Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal 10:35 - Oct 22 with 3148 viewsKeno

would you?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 10:37 - Oct 22 with 2939 viewsDubtractor

Based on the evidence so far, probably not.

He looks to have potential, and he is tidy enough, but I'm not yet convinced.

Would be happy enough if we do end up signing him as he does have a lot of the key ingredients for forward roles, but I want to see him having a bit more impact.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 10:39 - Oct 22 with 2923 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Still waiting to see what he can do....keeps falling over!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 10:44 - Oct 22 with 2901 viewsKeno

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 10:39 - Oct 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Still waiting to see what he can do....keeps falling over!

so basically you are calling him the new Pablo?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 10:46 - Oct 22 with 2890 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If he does improve to do well enough for us to consider signing, Arsenal will loan him out again at the next level up (hopefully with us).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 10:48 - Oct 22 with 2871 viewsBasuco

Yes.
If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 10:59 - Oct 22 with 2824 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

It depends what league we are in. Good strikers, who are finishers, are in huge demand, and no chance of signing one if we are still in League 1. If we get to the Championship, then I'd expect us to sign a couple of very good strikers. Not sure that TJJ is going to be develop quickly enough to be a main man next season, but wouldn't object to him being on loan again as a back-up.

Poll: would you rather

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 11:05 - Oct 22 with 2767 viewsFrimleyBlue

I don't really know what sort of player JJ is tbh.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 11:08 - Oct 22 with 2761 viewsBobbychase

In a heartbeat. Raw, but going to be a superb talent. We'd end up selling him for loads

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 15:52 - Oct 22 with 2581 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 10:59 - Oct 22 by LegendofthePhoenix

It depends what league we are in. Good strikers, who are finishers, are in huge demand, and no chance of signing one if we are still in League 1. If we get to the Championship, then I'd expect us to sign a couple of very good strikers. Not sure that TJJ is going to be develop quickly enough to be a main man next season, but wouldn't object to him being on loan again as a back-up.

I agree to finding good strikers. But we signed the Moroccan lad (sorry his name I cant recall) for around a million quid, who we have not seen play yet. He had been banging them in for fun, was it 5 goals in 4 games or something along those lines. Will be interesting what he can do.
If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 15:54 - Oct 22 with 2569 viewsMiaow

No.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 16:32 - Oct 22 with 2454 viewsJ2BLUE

I think if we go up he will be back here on loan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 17:07 - Oct 22 with 2308 viewsReusersTown

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 15:52 - Oct 22 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

I agree to finding good strikers. But we signed the Moroccan lad (sorry his name I cant recall) for around a million quid, who we have not seen play yet. He had been banging them in for fun, was it 5 goals in 4 games or something along those lines. Will be interesting what he can do.

Heaven help us if we paid a million for Ahadme!!! Think it was more like 100k. In answer to the OP 100% sign JJ if possible, especially as he is out of contact at the end of the season I believe,and has a lot of the ingredients of a very good player. Is also only 21 weed be mad not to.
If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 17:10 - Oct 22 with 2284 viewsMullet

Absolutely. Another year of McKenna's coaching and he'd be superb for us. If he had the experience to pull off what his brain tries to do he'd be way out of our reach as is.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 17:17 - Oct 22 with 2245 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 17:07 - Oct 22 by ReusersTown

Heaven help us if we paid a million for Ahadme!!! Think it was more like 100k. In answer to the OP 100% sign JJ if possible, especially as he is out of contact at the end of the season I believe,and has a lot of the ingredients of a very good player. Is also only 21 weed be mad not to.

Phil stated a "low six-figure sum" so I make you closer than the 1 million quoted above.

Town Confirm Ahadme Signing 1st Sep 2022 18:36
Town have confirmed the signing of Burton Albion striker Gassan Ahadme on a three-year deal with the club having an option for a further season. 38

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 17:19 - Oct 22 with 2233 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 17:17 - Oct 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Phil stated a "low six-figure sum" so I make you closer than the 1 million quoted above.

Town Confirm Ahadme Signing 1st Sep 2022 18:36
Town have confirmed the signing of Burton Albion striker Gassan Ahadme on a three-year deal with the club having an option for a further season. 38

Sorry, hope you are right and myself wrong. Might also answer why when he first arrived and was not injured he struggled to make the bench.
If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 17:31 - Oct 22 with 2171 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 17:19 - Oct 22 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

Sorry, hope you are right and myself wrong. Might also answer why when he first arrived and was not injured he struggled to make the bench.

You hope you are wrong? What are you continuing base the assumption you might not be on? I suspect that if Phil had no idea, he wouldn't have volunteered the information he did give.

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 18:00 - Oct 22 with 2084 viewsMetal_Hacker

Underneath the youthful issues he has , he’s a bag of huge potential. Strong , quick and powerful with a great appetite. With KMcK in his ear on a daily basis he’ll only get better

Another season or two I think he’ll be a very tidy frontman

Would I sign him - for the potential alone , yes I would

Poll: If it were one or the other

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 08:36 - Oct 23 with 1731 viewsChondzoresk

No, not for me. Has potential, but how much do Arsenal want for him anyway. He won’t be cheap. I’d like him to score more and be more influential. But there’s a player in there.
If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 09:08 - Oct 23 with 1656 viewsKieran_Knows

Absolutely. And if anyone says otherwise, they’re mad.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 09:25 - Oct 23 with 1607 viewsclive_baker

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 17:07 - Oct 22 by ReusersTown

Yeah it was nowhere close to a million, I think £150k is about right. He’s a young lad who started the season brilliantly for Burton, was a nightmare against us for example. I think he’s got something about him but he’s raw and will need time. Might be one that goes out on loan at some stage to get a run of games.

As for TJJ I’m not sold on him. There’s aspects of his game he does really well, but in possession he’s such a frustrating player. The amount of times he’ll show a brilliant first touch, then overhit the easy bit for example. Gets in some great positions but that final ball or finish is missing. As a number 10 he’s great off the ball, but lacks composure on it. Harness is guilty of the same but not to the same extent. I think he’s probably best suited to playing up top, perhaps in a front 2 but he won’t get that chance here in this system. He’s young and could improve but if I were a gambling man I would say he won’t be playing at a higher level than this one in a few years from now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 13:36 - Oct 23 with 1494 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

Yes, on a free - he is young after all

Would not want to be paying a 7 figure fee, certainly.
If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 19:43 - Oct 23 with 1309 viewsRIPbobby

It's hard to judge him on matches at Portman road as most teams offer negative tactics. I'd like to see him in some away matches to give full verdict, but I think he has something about him.
If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 21:24 - Oct 23 with 1190 viewsBluesky

Not particularly
If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 07:38 - Oct 24 with 1056 viewsRobTheMonk

I think he's a good player being hamstrung by his ability to play in multiple positions. Looks like we're not sure where he fits in best.
If we got the chance to sign TJJ on a permanent deal on 08:15 - Oct 24 with 1025 viewsitfcsuth

Probably, very much a KMc forward - versatility and dynamism.

I like what I’ve seen of him so far, suits our style of play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024