Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched 20:23 - Aug 4 with 4048 viewsGlasgowBlue

Christ Liz Truss is wooden.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 20:25 - Aug 4 with 2206 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think that’s the least of her deficiencies, but yes she is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 20:25 - Aug 4 with 2199 viewsgtsb1966

Will be interesting to see how she does at the despatch box.
This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 20:30 - Aug 4 with 2165 viewsgtsb1966

I cannot believe she said she would help someone earning £10,000 part time with their energy bills by cutting NI when they don't even pay NI
This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 20:31 - Aug 4 with 2153 viewsGeoffSentence

She'll loosen up when they get onto pork markets.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 20:41 - Aug 4 with 2127 viewsNthQldITFC

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 20:25 - Aug 4 by gtsb1966

Will be interesting to see how she does at the despatch box.

Will be interesting to see if we can tell her apart from the despatch box.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 20:43 - Aug 4 with 2116 viewsBlueBadger

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 20:41 - Aug 4 by NthQldITFC

Will be interesting to see if we can tell her apart from the despatch box.

Or indeed, which one is more sentient.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 20:46 - Aug 4 with 2102 viewsLord_Lucan

She aspires to be Thatcher but in truth she is a rank dullard like Theresa May.

I have often posted my disdain of Truss and I'm not keen on Rishi either.

My only glimmer is the fact that a lot of the so called heavyweights are saying that she is more than capable - but then, they just want a job as they know she will win.

As I type I'm watching - Labour: The Wilderness Years | Complete Series | 1995 BBC Documentary - and they just mentioned that while Thatcher was under pressure during the 1981 riots, rather than going for the jugular, Labour were pre occupied with the deputy leadership battle between Benn and Healy, and I remember this.

The Labour party hasn't changed a lot. Ok, they are some points over the Tories in the polls but no way are they ripping up any ground and personally I think Liz Truss will beat Starmer when the election comes - it's absolutely off the scale.

In what has pretty much always been a two party race the Labour Party are the most inadequate bloody organisation in the history of mankind.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 21:04]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 20:48 - Aug 4 with 2074 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 20:43 - Aug 4 by BlueBadger

Or indeed, which one is more sentient.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:01 - Aug 4 with 1961 viewsfabian_illness

This I'd bound to be unpopular but I really fancy Liz Truss.
This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:11 - Aug 4 with 1936 viewsMelford

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:01 - Aug 4 by fabian_illness

This I'd bound to be unpopular but I really fancy Liz Truss.

I fancy Priti Patel, I don't like her as a person and despise her politics but I do find her very attractive.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:17 - Aug 4 with 1920 viewsBlueBadger

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:11 - Aug 4 by Melford

I fancy Priti Patel, I don't like her as a person and despise her politics but I do find her very attractive.

The time that Gillian Anderson played Thatcher gave a fair few some rather confusing feelings.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:19 - Aug 4 with 1913 viewsBlueForYou

Thought it was quite well done tonight by Sky. The studio audience looked like they were 75/25 for Sunak on the night. Think both of them are strong on their strengths, would rather see Sunak as Chancellor & Truss as Foreign Secretary. Would Starmer have done any better? If I had to choose it would be Sunak. Neither present themselves as a leader & a Statesman.
This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:23 - Aug 4 with 1884 viewsElderGrizzly

She’s a vacuous flip flopper desperate for power.

Failed at almost every department she has led and left them worse than when she arrived.

How the Tory party has ended up here is a mystery as it guarantees they lose power in the next GE.
This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:23 - Aug 4 with 1879 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'm still trying to understand why charging for a 2nd missed nhs appointment is seen as wrong.

Bout time this country actually got tough on it and if it results in more appointments actually being attended then brilliant.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:24 - Aug 4 with 1888 viewsLord_Lucan

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:11 - Aug 4 by Melford

I agree, but then again I really fancy Asian birds.

My Mrs even bought Asian Babes for me on VHS for Christmas back in 1985

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:25 - Aug 4 with 1865 viewsElderGrizzly

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:23 - Aug 4 by FrimleyBlue

I'm still trying to understand why charging for a 2nd missed nhs appointment is seen as wrong.

Bout time this country actually got tough on it and if it results in more appointments actually being attended then brilliant.

It won’t. It’s a tax on the poor.

It’s pandering to the Dally Mail reader, nothing more
This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:31 - Aug 4 with 1836 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:25 - Aug 4 by ElderGrizzly

It won’t. It’s a tax on the poor.

It’s pandering to the Dally Mail reader, nothing more

Lol how is It a tax.

If there's no penalty to missing appointments no wonder people find a reason not to go.

It's just like these UC appointments. When you actually have a jcp workcoach who follows the rules. You get sanctioned for not attending... amazingly that person keeps to their appointments.

So I think it's a great idea and long overdue.

Waka waka eh eh

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:32 - Aug 4 with 1837 viewsLord_Lucan

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:23 - Aug 4 by FrimleyBlue

Missed appointments are an absolute stain on the freedom we, as a country give people with regards to free (well, nothing is technically free) medical service.

The problem though is that it will cost more money to seek and get any fees than the money that has been incurred by the missed appointment.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 22:33]

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:35 - Aug 4 with 1813 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:32 - Aug 4 by Lord_Lucan

Missed appointments are an absolute stain on the freedom we, as a country give people with regards to free (well, nothing is technically free) medical service.

The problem though is that it will cost more money to seek and get any fees than the money that has been incurred by the missed appointment.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 22:33]

I guess the easiest way is add it to their bill when they actually attend their next appointment. After all they booked an appointment so must need one.

Or if you're on UC. Take it from their next month's payment.

Waka waka eh eh

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:36 - Aug 4 with 1816 viewsElderGrizzly

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:31 - Aug 4 by FrimleyBlue

Lol how is It a tax.

If there's no penalty to missing appointments no wonder people find a reason not to go.

It's just like these UC appointments. When you actually have a jcp workcoach who follows the rules. You get sanctioned for not attending... amazingly that person keeps to their appointments.

This ‘policy’ gets trotted out every few years and is dropped every time.

The research shows it affects the poor most, those without access to last minute childcare etc etc
This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:38 - Aug 4 with 1808 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:36 - Aug 4 by ElderGrizzly

This ‘policy’ gets trotted out every few years and is dropped every time.

The research shows it affects the poor most, those without access to last minute childcare etc etc

Which Is why I agee with it coming into place for the 2nd missed appointment.

Waka waka eh eh

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:38 - Aug 4 with 1812 viewsBlueBadger

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:23 - Aug 4 by ElderGrizzly

Failed at almost every department she has led and left them worse than when she arrived.

How the Tory party has ended up here is a mystery as it guarantees they lose power in the next GE.

It's been a process of refinement from the slick-but-vacuous borderline sociopathy of Cameron to the open lunacy we're now seeing unfold now.

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:44 - Aug 4 with 1802 viewsreusersfreekicks

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:23 - Aug 4 by ElderGrizzly

Pathetic isn't it how the ministers to be flock around someone they must no is hopeless just because they think she will win and they will get a job.
This country is fooked
This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:49 - Aug 4 with 1786 viewsOldsmoker

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:31 - Aug 4 by FrimleyBlue

Lol how is It a tax.

I'm now a pensioner, but the 2 years before retiring I was at the local UC Gulag.
My UC work coach at the DWP was a kind and caring human being.
(Shhhh, don't tell anyone 'cos they'll sack him.)

I said "So your job is to find me a job"
He said "No. I have a spreadsheet that shows you in column A. I have to move you to another column."
I said "What are the other columns?"
He said "I neither know or care. Everyone in column A is a problem and could lose me my job. That's my focus."
So he conned a firm to give me a zero hours contract and I worked for them for a total of zero hours but it meant I wasn't in column A.

The emphasis within the DWP is a*se about face. It is NSFW.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:55 - Aug 4 with 1757 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:49 - Aug 4 by Oldsmoker

I'm now a pensioner, but the 2 years before retiring I was at the local UC Gulag.
My UC work coach at the DWP was a kind and caring human being.
(Shhhh, don't tell anyone 'cos they'll sack him.)

I said "So your job is to find me a job"
He said "No. I have a spreadsheet that shows you in column A. I have to move you to another column."
I said "What are the other columns?"
He said "I neither know or care. Everyone in column A is a problem and could lose me my job. That's my focus."
So he conned a firm to give me a zero hours contract and I worked for them for a total of zero hours but it meant I wasn't in column A.

The emphasis within the DWP is a*se about face. It is NSFW.

Sadly and why the jcps are a farse at the moment is that they give out only 6 month contracts. They move workcoaches across different branches and they don't actually bother to train them properly on how they can help those people who actually want help.

However unfortunately there are still thousands who are incredibly clever at playing the uc game. This is what makes that column A a massive problem for workcoaches like you met. Full of people with 0 intention of working, no desire to but we'll aware of how to play the system. But that's a discussion for another day. Thankfully I left my last job as I was a sub contractor helping those in need to get back into work.. unfortunately that was 1% of my day. The rest was meeting people playing the system and wasting my time.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024