Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. 16:34 - Jul 14 with 3899 viewsFrimleyBlue

Right thing to do or over reaction?
My sons fuming as he actually enjoys school. And is fed up with the time he lost during covid.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 16:35]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 16:37 - Jul 14 with 2815 viewsWD19

Mine have booked a coach and are taking them to the seaside.
Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 16:55 - Jul 14 with 2703 viewshomer_123

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 16:37 - Jul 14 by WD19

Mine have booked a coach and are taking them to the seaside.

Last place you want to be Monday or Tuesday.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:04 - Jul 14 with 2651 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 16:55 - Jul 14 by homer_123

think he meant the teachers.
Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:10 - Jul 14 with 2623 viewsKeno

so does that mean I'll go to sleep Sunday night and then wake up on Wednesday?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:13 - Jul 14 with 2594 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:10 - Jul 14 by Keno

Depends how many drinks you have on Sunday:)

Waka waka eh eh

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:14 - Jul 14 with 2585 viewspointofblue

I didn’t realise schools had that much power.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:16 - Jul 14 with 2571 viewsZx1988

Given that it's the last week of the year, and based on just how much learning I used to get done in those final days, I can't see the issue with it.

It'll be far too hot to be sat in stuffy classrooms, so why not give the kids the chance to enjoy the weather and choose for themselves what they want to do (or not).

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:25 - Jul 14 with 2515 viewsMattinLondon

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:16 - Jul 14 by Zx1988

Given that it's the last week of the year, and based on just how much learning I used to get done in those final days, I can't see the issue with it.

It'll be far too hot to be sat in stuffy classrooms, so why not give the kids the chance to enjoy the weather and choose for themselves what they want to do (or not).

The issue being, at this short notice, that child care might have to be rearranged in order for parents to go to work on that day.
Login to get fewer ads

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:27 - Jul 14 with 2499 viewsZx1988

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:25 - Jul 14 by MattinLondon

The issue being, at this short notice, that child care might have to be rearranged in order for parents to go to work on that day.

Good point - hadn't considered that!

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:31 - Jul 14 with 2491 viewsEJP

Head teacher of daughter’s primary school has said she’s not allowed to close the school or move to remote learning for Mon/Tues, so instead the school day will be 07:30 to 13:30.
Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:35 - Jul 14 with 2465 viewsgtsb1966

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 16:55 - Jul 14 by homer_123

I've got to drive from Sudbury to Newquay on Monday in that heat to do a delivery. Schools breaking up, everyone heading to the beach. What could go wrong
Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:36 - Jul 14 with 2461 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:31 - Jul 14 by EJP

Head teacher of daughter’s primary school has said she’s not allowed to close the school or move to remote learning for Mon/Tues, so instead the school day will be 07:30 to 13:30.

We've had all sorts this week

Firstly. Wear trousers. PE top but Blazer is still mandatory.

Then. No blazer mandatory.

Shorts not allowed to be worn due to increased risk of boys touching girls legs who were able to continue to wear skirts. ( not sure how moving from trousers to shorts suddenly makes a child a predator mind you, but apparently that was a risk)

Then back to school shirts must be worn not PE shirts.

To suddenly 2 days working from home.
But if weather changes tomorrow then they may go in Monday.

As matt in London says.. Good of them to think about childcare at short notice. ( doesn't effect us but know others it does)

Waka waka eh eh

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:37 - Jul 14 with 2444 viewssuffolkpoker

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:36 - Jul 14 by FrimleyBlue

We've had all sorts this week

Firstly. Wear trousers. PE top but Blazer is still mandatory.

Then. No blazer mandatory.

Shorts not allowed to be worn due to increased risk of boys touching girls legs who were able to continue to wear skirts. ( not sure how moving from trousers to shorts suddenly makes a child a predator mind you, but apparently that was a risk)

Then back to school shirts must be worn not PE shirts.

To suddenly 2 days working from home.
But if weather changes tomorrow then they may go in Monday.

As matt in London says.. Good of them to think about childcare at short notice. ( doesn't effect us but know others it does)

The world has gone bonkers!

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:47 - Jul 14 with 2381 viewsjeera

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:35 - Jul 14 by gtsb1966

I've got to drive from Sudbury to Newquay on Monday in that heat to do a delivery. Schools breaking up, everyone heading to the beach. What could go wrong

What on earth is the delivery?

Can't it be done during the night?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:48 - Jul 14 with 2379 viewsfactual_blue

Yes. Your normal week in fact.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 18:03 - Jul 14 with 2281 viewsKeno

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:48 - Jul 14 by factual_blue

Yes. Your normal week in fact.

excuse me, I resent that

actually I usually wake on Thursday
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 18:03]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 18:08 - Jul 14 with 2251 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 18:03 - Jul 14 by Keno

excuse me, I resent that

actually I usually wake on Thursday
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 18:03]

Am or Evening.

Waka waka eh eh

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 18:17 - Jul 14 with 2189 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seems like an overreaction to me. How many parents will be taking their kids on holiday somewhere much hotter just a week later? Kids are pretty resilient - slather them with sunscreen, limit time in the sun during breaks, open the windows, close blinds or tack up sheets on any south-facing windows. Job done.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 18:26 - Jul 14 with 2141 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:35 - Jul 14 by gtsb1966

People can say what they want about the quality, but credit where it’s due. That’s brilliant customer service from McDonalds.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 18:28 - Jul 14 with 2124 viewsgtsb1966

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 17:47 - Jul 14 by jeera

What on earth is the delivery?

Can't it be done during the night?

Could do but that would mean going to bed Sunday afternoon. The cab is air con so not all bad. Just the traffic might be heavy. The plus side is I get to stay overnight.
Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 18:42 - Jul 14 with 2069 viewsFtnfwest

Did Monday and Tuesday own slaves historically or something?
Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 18:56 - Jul 14 with 2014 viewsGeoffSentence

It does look like it is going to get fwcking hot down your way. BBC weather says 36/37 degrees in your neck of the woods.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 19:03 - Jul 14 with 1977 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 18:56 - Jul 14 by GeoffSentence

It does look like it is going to get fwcking hot down your way. BBC weather says 36/37 degrees in your neck of the woods.

Can't say I'm looking forward to it. Man tits haven't enjoyed this week's temperatures let alone next weeks.

Waka waka eh eh

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 19:08 - Jul 14 with 1905 viewsIllinoisblue

Covid or due to the heat ?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 19:10 - Jul 14 with 1894 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 19:08 - Jul 14 by Illinoisblue

Covid or due to the heat ?

Heat

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024