Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. 16:34 - Jul 14 with 3907 viewsFrimleyBlue

Right thing to do or over reaction?
My sons fuming as he actually enjoys school. And is fed up with the time he lost during covid.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 16:35]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 19:10 - Jul 14 with 1035 viewsMattinLondon

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 19:08 - Jul 14 by Illinoisblue

Covid or due to the heat ?

I’d imagine it’s heat. Large parts of the country are going to have temperatures in the high 30s.
Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 20:28 - Jul 14 with 981 viewsIllinoisblue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 19:10 - Jul 14 by MattinLondon

I’d imagine it’s heat. Large parts of the country are going to have temperatures in the high 30s.

I’d advise Brits to crank up the air conditioning and enjoy that refreshing ice cool air.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 20:50 - Jul 14 with 963 viewsMattinLondon

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 20:28 - Jul 14 by Illinoisblue

I’d advise Brits to crank up the air conditioning and enjoy that refreshing ice cool air.

Then it’ll be too cold.
Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 21:12 - Jul 14 with 954 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 20:28 - Jul 14 by Illinoisblue

We hardly have any. They’re temperatures you’d be more than familiar with though. You know what it’s like over here - anything not dull, grey and temperate and everyone goes nuts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 21:20 - Jul 14 with 941 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 16:55 - Jul 14 by homer_123

Last place you want to be Monday or Tuesday.

The last place you'd want to be would be 'on the surface of the Sun'.
But, 'The Beach' will be a close second or third.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 21:21]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 04:02 - Jul 15 with 875 viewsIllinoisblue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 21:12 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

We hardly have any. They’re temperatures you’d be more than familiar with though. You know what it’s like over here - anything not dull, grey and temperate and everyone goes nuts.

Have yourself an ice cold whoosh!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 08:19 - Jul 15 with 794 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 04:02 - Jul 15 by Illinoisblue

Have yourself an ice cold whoosh!

I was thinking more something like a Pimms. But a "whoosh" .... mmm. That like a mojito?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 08:27 - Jul 15 with 789 viewsBlueandTruesince82

My OH tells me schools have no legal basis to do this for hot weather and you can tell the school to do one (this from her nursery when she was checking for the kid) sounds to me like the teachers want to get on tbe pi55 a bit early this year

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 08:39 - Jul 15 with 779 viewsJ2BLUE

Can see why the school is protecting itself.

Generally, if old enough or a parent is home, kids will be better off at home.

How many fans do you think schools have? It would be unbearable and then the teachers have to worry about keeping them out of the sun, making sure every kid is hydrated and no one overheats etc.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 08:56 - Jul 15 with 761 viewsStokieBlue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 08:39 - Jul 15 by J2BLUE

Can see why the school is protecting itself.

Generally, if old enough or a parent is home, kids will be better off at home.

How many fans do you think schools have? It would be unbearable and then the teachers have to worry about keeping them out of the sun, making sure every kid is hydrated and no one overheats etc.

The government are going to have to provide funding to get cooling tech and better hydration stations into schools because this isn't going to be a one-off and it's going to increasingly become the norm to get temperatures like this.

Other countries cope and we are going to have to cope, we can't close the schools for half the summer every year - the funding needs to be there to get it sorted though and I have no confidence in the government doing that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 10:14 - Jul 15 with 717 viewsJ2BLUE

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 08:56 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

The government are going to have to provide funding to get cooling tech and better hydration stations into schools because this isn't going to be a one-off and it's going to increasingly become the norm to get temperatures like this.

Other countries cope and we are going to have to cope, we can't close the schools for half the summer every year - the funding needs to be there to get it sorted though and I have no confidence in the government doing that.

SB

I don’t disagree with any of that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 10:20 - Jul 15 with 694 viewsclive_baker

Seems prudent to me. Sitting sweating in a classroom when its 35 degrees outside feels a bit ridiculous, our schools aren't set up to handle that. Not to mention the fact it forces out parents and perhaps grandparents to do the school pick up in the afternoon heat. Feels much more sensible to me to close schools for a day or 2 in extreme weather conditions like these.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 10:23 - Jul 15 with 690 viewsStokieBlue

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 10:20 - Jul 15 by clive_baker

Seems prudent to me. Sitting sweating in a classroom when its 35 degrees outside feels a bit ridiculous, our schools aren't set up to handle that. Not to mention the fact it forces out parents and perhaps grandparents to do the school pick up in the afternoon heat. Feels much more sensible to me to close schools for a day or 2 in extreme weather conditions like these.

Agreed in the current scenario.

The real issue here is that these aren't going to be seen as extreme conditions in 10 years time. It's just going to be seen as summer.

Our infrastructure needs an overhaul to deal with what is coming but I haven't seen any party talking about providing the funding required.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 11:45 - Jul 15 with 631 viewsGeoffSentence

It's gone wild in the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle.

They've decided to shut the schools from next Friday, and are going to keep them closed all through the rest of July and all of August.

Bunch of snowflakes.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 12:17 - Jul 15 with 607 viewsEwan_Oozami

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 11:45 - Jul 15 by GeoffSentence

It's gone wild in the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle.

They've decided to shut the schools from next Friday, and are going to keep them closed all through the rest of July and all of August.

Bunch of snowflakes.

Get them out in the fields picking fruit and harvesting crops -prepare them for post-school employment....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 13:54 - Jul 15 with 545 viewsfloridaboy

Definite overreaction!

Why close down in the last week of term because it is a bit hot! Bad enough when they close because a bit of snow has fallen!

How many of those little darlings will be jetting off with their parents to Orlando where it will be even hotter!!
Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 15:41 - Jul 15 with 494 viewsGeoffSentence

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 13:54 - Jul 15 by floridaboy

Definite overreaction!

Why close down in the last week of term because it is a bit hot! Bad enough when they close because a bit of snow has fallen!

How many of those little darlings will be jetting off with their parents to Orlando where it will be even hotter!!

There's your answer, make the kids go to school in their swimmies and dig an outdoor pool for every class.

Going on holiday somewhere sunny is a very different matter to being in a learning environment.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 16:36 - Jul 15 with 472 viewsMattinLondon

Sons school have cancelled Monday and Tuesday. on 13:54 - Jul 15 by floridaboy

Definite overreaction!

In the south of England, it could reach 40C. In this country we do not have that sort of temperatures. The country isn’t built for that heat.

Anyone who uses the ‘it’s summer’ argument is a prick.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2022 16:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024