Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Posts 18:10 - Jul 12 with 6770 viewsIwasthere

When will all the thicko's on here realise that there are TWO forums, General and Football.
One day they will realise that nobody gives a s*it about their opinions and who the next PM is. Leave it on the GENERAL forum so that you can all agree amongst yourselves and the rest of us can speculate on who the next signing will be.
Football Posts on 19:22 - Jul 12 with 918 viewsMattinLondon

Football Posts on 18:23 - Jul 12 by oldburian

I certainly agree. This a football forum. When those down the road lose I love to visit the pink un forum to share the agony and they have it right, there is a purely football forum. We used to have a really interesting contributor in Old Git who got fed up with the relenting political posts and I guess many other have gone the same way.

If only there was a way someone was able not to click on a political post and then read it.

If only there was a way, that regardless of whether or not a poster placed their post in the wrong section, that someone could tell by the title or first sentence that that post wasn’t for them. If only someone was able to click out of a post and was t obliged to read all of it. If only…
[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 19:26]
Football Posts on 19:26 - Jul 12 with 904 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Football Posts on 19:05 - Jul 12 by Iwasthere

No offence to Hoppy intended,

But offence to me intended? Or just badly worded?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Football Posts on 19:31 - Jul 12 with 878 viewsIwasthere

Football Posts on 19:14 - Jul 12 by jeera

I still cannot even spot all these offending threads.

Apart from the OP's own one which is ironically posted in the wrong fecking section.

I asked if we had signed anyone yet.
And you are so articulate.
Football Posts on 19:36 - Jul 12 with 857 viewsjeera

Football Posts on 19:31 - Jul 12 by Iwasthere

I asked if we had signed anyone yet.
And you are so articulate.

What do you mean you asked if we had signed anyone yet?

What does that have to do with your complaint about people accidentally posting in the wrong section?

As for your other comment. Don't call people thickos bud if you're not too switched on yourself.

I know I'm not the smartest which is why I tend to play it safe and not pretend to be.

Be yourself without slagging off people who have innocently posted something in the wrong section. You can soon flag it up with admin. They won't mind and it's far better than looking for a row with a load of posters over nothing.

Drama over nothing.

I'm more upset there's no stream for tonight's game myself.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Football Posts on 19:41 - Jul 12 with 835 viewsSwansea_Blue

Football Posts on 19:22 - Jul 12 by Fixed_It

'Too' hard. You're welcome...

I've done that already, you thicko's

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Football Posts on 19:42 - Jul 12 with 832 viewsIwasthere

Football Posts on 19:26 - Jul 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

But offence to me intended? Or just badly worded?

Certainly no offence aimed your way.
I feel that the only way the politically motivated posters on here get "air time" is when they intentionally post in the football section.
If one dares to have a different viewpoint, all hell is let loose.
Like an earlier poster remarked, many good people have stopped posting over the years due to the abuse they received.
Football Posts on 19:46 - Jul 12 with 814 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Football Posts on 19:42 - Jul 12 by Iwasthere

I feel that the only way the politically motivated posters on here get "air time" is when they intentionally post in the football section.
Like an earlier poster remarked, many good people have stopped posting over the years due to the abuse they received.

Perhaps,

But I rather feel in this case that you have specifically highlighted, and most others, It is simply a case of accidentally clicking on the wrong link rather than deliberately thinking, 'I'll post it in the football forum for more attention"

Give people a bit more credit, you'll be glad you did, and be happier.

Football Posts on 19:50 - Jul 12 with 799 viewsBogblue

Football Posts on 19:22 - Jul 12 by Fixed_It

'Too' hard. You're welcome...

This thread is sure good for giggles

Not sure the op had them in mind though
Login to get fewer ads

Football Posts on 19:50 - Jul 12 with 782 viewsFrimleyBlue

Football Posts on 19:02 - Jul 12 by Iwasthere

Please educate the offenders, I fully understand, you would be the last one I turned to for advice

Well whilst that may be true. I was offering assistance.

I remove that offer.

Good day sir

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Football Posts on 19:50 - Jul 12 with 795 viewsIwasthere

Football Posts on 19:46 - Jul 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

Perhaps,

But I rather feel in this case that you have specifically highlighted, and most others, It is simply a case of accidentally clicking on the wrong link rather than deliberately thinking, 'I'll post it in the football forum for more attention"

Give people a bit more credit, you'll be glad you did, and be happier.

Actually I am quite content, especially when I upset the Thicko's that are unable to differentiate between Football and General
Football Posts on 19:51 - Jul 12 with 789 viewswkj

Football Posts on 19:50 - Jul 12 by Iwasthere

Actually I am quite content, especially when I upset the Thicko's that are unable to differentiate between Football and General

The thicko's what?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Football Posts on 19:51 - Jul 12 with 788 viewsjeera

"I feel that the only way the politically motivated posters on here get "air time" is when they intentionally post in the football section."

Oh this is just too ridiculous for words.

You're not helping yourself are you?

Football Posts on 19:52 - Jul 12 with 786 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You can be content without resorting to insults.

Football Posts on 19:53 - Jul 12 with 781 viewsjeera

You are so out of your depth.

Football Posts on 19:53 - Jul 12 with 780 viewsKeno

you mean like the "thickos' who post a general post in the football section?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Football Posts on 19:54 - Jul 12 with 773 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think people are just disgusted with the way politics is going in this country and the appalling standard we're now getting. And not just us on here, there are plenty of traditional Tories who are equally disgusted (including former MPs and ministers, and posters on here), so it's not party politics.

And besides, Phil doesn't stand for abuse. There are some pile ons occasionally, but I've never seen one on someone who wasn't trolling or being rude. Anyone posting different views, explaining and making a case for them will normally receive fair treatment.

Football Posts on 19:57 - Jul 12 with 762 viewsOldsmoker

I think it would be best if we let this go.
From past experience, the General posts will cease and we will only get Footy posts the second after we have suffered out first loss of the season.
It will last for about 3 hours and the melting, blubbing and flouncing is quite a spectacle to behold.
Looking forward to it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Football Posts on 20:05 - Jul 12 with 735 viewsSwansea_Blue

Football Posts on 19:57 - Jul 12 by Oldsmoker

I think it would be best if we let this go.
From past experience, the General posts will cease and we will only get Footy posts the second after we have suffered out first loss of the season.
It will last for about 3 hours and the melting, blubbing and flouncing is quite a spectacle to behold.
Looking forward to it.

Quite. Anyone would think that we're in the close season and we've just had one of the largest constitutional crises in modern times, wouldn't they. Crazy, eh?

As you say, there'll soon be 30 identical flouncing posts on the football section to keep the football purists happy.

Football Posts on 20:24 - Jul 12 with 713 viewsGeoffSentence

Football Posts on 18:23 - Jul 12 by oldburian

I certainly agree. This a football forum. When those down the road lose I love to visit the pink un forum to share the agony and they have it right, there is a purely football forum. We used to have a really interesting contributor in Old Git who got fed up with the relenting political posts and I guess many other have gone the same way.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the OP.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Football Posts on 20:47 - Jul 12 with 664 viewsVeggie

Football Posts on 19:51 - Jul 12 by jeera

"I feel that the only way the politically motivated posters on here get "air time" is when they intentionally post in the football section."

Oh this is just too ridiculous for words.

You're not helping yourself are you?

Touched a nerve has he?
Football Posts on 20:56 - Jul 12 with 639 viewsquad

Football Posts on 19:00 - Jul 12 by wkj

I blame Mark Ashton

Nah, I blame the smarmy one
Football Posts on 21:04 - Jul 12 with 623 viewsCoastalblue

This thread is unexpected comedy gold, I love these little gems that come out of nowhere, and sorry OP. it's what TWTD is all about, always has been and hopefully always will be.

Probably the reason (along with Phil's work of course) it's still going strong and getting stronger.

Thicko's

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Football Posts on 21:06 - Jul 12 with 619 viewsjaykay

Football Posts on 19:19 - Jul 12 by jeera

It's bad enough to be pointed out a few times.

In fact, it should be stickied for a month.

In the Football section.

have you noticed its like a relay race with some on here. when one troll gets banned another poster takes over the mantle. its like a alter ego paradise on here sometimes.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Football Posts on 21:07 - Jul 12 with 608 viewsCoastalblue

Football Posts on 21:06 - Jul 12 by jaykay

have you noticed its like a relay race with some on here. when one troll gets banned another poster takes over the mantle. its like a alter ego paradise on here sometimes.

I'm still waiting my turn, I got ticket number 98765.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Football Posts on 21:08 - Jul 12 with 605 viewsMullet

Football Posts on 21:06 - Jul 12 by jaykay

"an"

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024