Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... 10:13 - Jun 30 with 4059 viewsunbelievablue

...what is your tipple at the moment?

I'm almost exclusively decaf these days but still love it. Currently sipping a beaut of a Macchiato (proper one, not a long one).

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:53 - Jun 30 with 1174 viewsLord_Lucan

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:40 - Jun 30 by farkenhell

Aldi do a reasonably priced but drinkable (in my opinion) bean, grade 3, 4 or 5 - I always buy 5. If this isn't to your taste, speak to a coffee shop, like the one that Dubtractor mentioned (Coffee Link / Ipswich roasters) - they will have a much greater range.

Talking of faffing around, my beloved Delonghi bean to cup machine bit the dust - funnily enough not long after I recommended it to you for its reliability! I can't find anyone to see if it can be repaired (a local repair shop recently opened won't touch anything electrical - what's that all about!) So I've found and dusted off an old filtered coffee machine - now that is a complete faff. Takes about 15 minutes to make a bloody coffee, compared to a minute or so with the Delonghi.

I tried the Aldi stuff and it was ok.

Coffee machines - someone recommended one of these to me https://www.cuisinart.co.uk/professional-grind-and-brew-plus-DGB900BCU.html#star

I read the reviews and one bloke said that he was really impressed with the company as his had packed up and was out of warranty but as a valued customer the company offered him a new one at half price.

So, naturally I emailed them and told them that my machine was out of warranty but had packed up and they gave me one half price.

TWTDing at it's best.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:56 - Jun 30 with 1154 viewsDyland

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:24 - Jun 30 by Swansea_Blue

Same here. Triplets separated at birth probably. Although I haven't learnt. It was going so well for a few days and then I decided to 'destress' by opening a couple of jars after I finished at silly o'clock last night.

Not so clear thinking today. Why the feck do I do it?

Some would say you're an alcy :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:57 - Jun 30 with 1154 viewsDyland

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:40 - Jun 30 by giant_stow

You should all just drink Fosters. Nice and weak, but you still get to drink beer. Mind you, 6 cans of it and I'm anyone's.

BAN

Knowing this forum as I do.... on 11:57 - Jun 30 with 1152 viewsFixed_It

Knowing this forum as I do.... on 11:51 - Jun 30 by Bloots

....I'm surprised nobody has claimed to only drink that stuff made from monkey poo.

Does that count as vegan? I get confused...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Knowing this forum as I do.... on 11:58 - Jun 30 with 1151 viewsKeno

Knowing this forum as I do.... on 11:51 - Jun 30 by Bloots

....I'm surprised nobody has claimed to only drink that stuff made from monkey poo.

Haven't had Newcie Brown for years

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 12:12 - Jun 30 with 1138 viewsSkip_Intro

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:25 - Jun 30 by unbelievablue

Flat white was my usual go-to but found a place near my new office which has a really delicious blend, so am able to drink without milk.

if it's flat black coffee you're after you should try Ikea...
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 12:12]
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 12:19 - Jun 30 with 1129 viewsfarkenhell

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:53 - Jun 30 by Lord_Lucan

I tried the Aldi stuff and it was ok.

Coffee machines - someone recommended one of these to me https://www.cuisinart.co.uk/professional-grind-and-brew-plus-DGB900BCU.html#star

I read the reviews and one bloke said that he was really impressed with the company as his had packed up and was out of warranty but as a valued customer the company offered him a new one at half price.

So, naturally I emailed them and told them that my machine was out of warranty but had packed up and they gave me one half price.

TWTDing at it's best.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that and let you know how I get on. In fact, I might even tell him that I bought one recently with a 50% discount, so impressed that I'm looking for another one - see if they'll give me even more off!
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 14:37 - Jun 30 with 1093 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Nescafé "Dolce Gusto" Americano, con un po' di latte freddo.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Login to get fewer ads

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 14:46 - Jun 30 with 1089 viewsDarkHorse

More often than not I get my coffee beans from James Gourmet Coffee, they are excellent value for money. However, I'm currently drinking a light-roasted Rwandan coffee from Pact (filter) and Union Beans Natural Spirit (espresso). Try to stick to beans that have been freshly roasted, but if I forget to order them I'm quite happy with Union/Illy/Lavazza for espresso and French Press

Use a Sage Bambino Plus for espresso/flat whites or a French Press, V60, Drip, Clever Dripper, Aeropress or Moka for filter, depending on my mood. Always freshly grind my beans using a Sage Smart Grinder Pro for espresso/flat white or a Wilfa Svart for filter, and sometimes hand grind using a 1Zpresso JX-pro if I have more time and want to fine-tune/mix things up a bit.

Thought that was quite normal behaviour until I read this thread. I need to get out more.
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 14:54 - Jun 30 with 1081 viewsJohnWarksTash

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:19 - Jun 30 by DanTheMan

Black coffee, usually decaff.

200 degrees is very nice and not far from me but been drinking quite a bit of Lavazza as my sister started working there recently, so end up with lots of random bags of beans every time I see her.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 10:30]

Went to 200 degree in Brum the other weekend. Best coffee I have had in a shop for years. Very nice staff too.
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 15:29 - Jun 30 with 1063 viewshype313

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 14:46 - Jun 30 by DarkHorse

More often than not I get my coffee beans from James Gourmet Coffee, they are excellent value for money. However, I'm currently drinking a light-roasted Rwandan coffee from Pact (filter) and Union Beans Natural Spirit (espresso). Try to stick to beans that have been freshly roasted, but if I forget to order them I'm quite happy with Union/Illy/Lavazza for espresso and French Press

Use a Sage Bambino Plus for espresso/flat whites or a French Press, V60, Drip, Clever Dripper, Aeropress or Moka for filter, depending on my mood. Always freshly grind my beans using a Sage Smart Grinder Pro for espresso/flat white or a Wilfa Svart for filter, and sometimes hand grind using a 1Zpresso JX-pro if I have more time and want to fine-tune/mix things up a bit.

Thought that was quite normal behaviour until I read this thread. I need to get out more.

Christ, that was like reading a Haynes manual for coffee!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 15:41 - Jun 30 with 1050 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Fully immersed in Nespresso

Barista machine for milk frothing/ice coffee/mochas etc - plenty of programs to download onto it via app

Both pod size machines

Flat white from the barista machine onto a double espresso output is beautiful, up there with coffee shop level
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 15:42 - Jun 30 with 1055 viewsDyland

Are you familiar with the new Viz character Foodie Bollix?

;)

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 15:44 - Jun 30 with 1054 viewsDyland

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:26 - Jun 30 by J2BLUE

Pervert.

Costa flat white for me.

Ah, the TWTD doyennes of all things gourmet, Callers and Eggers.

Pret and Costa, arf.

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 15:46 - Jun 30 with 1044 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Nescafé Alta Rica. Black, no sugar.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... (n/t) on 15:58 - Jun 30 with 1039 viewsDarkHorse

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 15:42 - Jun 30 by Dyland

Are you familiar with the new Viz character Foodie Bollix?

;)

I'm flattered
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 15:59]
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 16:46 - Jun 30 with 1011 viewsMullet

Well this has shocked and enraged me at how many people ruin coffee with milk.

Double espresso in the morning.

V60 at work as they took the coffee machine for environmental (cash) reasons.

Had to start having decaff past 2pm because I get little sleep as it is and was developing chest pains and think it might have been the caffeine intake being a bit high. They;ve gone since.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 16:50 - Jun 30 with 1006 viewsLord_Lucan

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 16:46 - Jun 30 by Mullet

Well this has shocked and enraged me at how many people ruin coffee with milk.

Double espresso in the morning.

V60 at work as they took the coffee machine for environmental (cash) reasons.

Had to start having decaff past 2pm because I get little sleep as it is and was developing chest pains and think it might have been the caffeine intake being a bit high. They;ve gone since.

I really want to drink it without milk but I can't - I keep trying.

I don't have milk in tea.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 16:53 - Jun 30 with 1004 viewsMullet

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 16:50 - Jun 30 by Lord_Lucan

I really want to drink it without milk but I can't - I keep trying.

I don't have milk in tea.

It sounds like you want to enjoy your coffee, which is not the point. It needs to be strong, bitter and a bit vicious initially.

You get used to it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 17:05 - Jun 30 with 982 viewsunbelievablue

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 16:53 - Jun 30 by Mullet

It sounds like you want to enjoy your coffee, which is not the point. It needs to be strong, bitter and a bit vicious initially.

You get used to it.

I do find that Macchiato is the happy medium.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 20:39 - Jun 30 with 929 viewsTractorBrew

Spent a lot of time on this over lockdown...

Beans - My go to is Guatemalan from Antigua. Did a bike tour of the various plantations a few years ago and got hooked (mostly sentimental I am sure...)

Grind - my research has found this makes a big difference, so spent money on a decent grinder (not the app, i refuse to pay for the full version)

Brew - keep it cheap with mokka and aeropress. Personally prefer this to high end home machines, and the cost difference is obscene

I am sure I drink way too much caffeine, but I steer clear of alcohol all week, so that's ok right?
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 20:42 - Jun 30 with 927 viewsTractorBrew

Just seen this, glad I am not alone!!
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 22:13 - Jun 30 with 882 viewsJ2BLUE

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 15:44 - Jun 30 by Dyland

Ah, the TWTD doyennes of all things gourmet, Callers and Eggers.

Pret and Costa, arf.

Just being honest.

Every time we get a food or drink thread everyone claims they only do whatever it is that will score them points.

Oh yes, I only purchase the finest fair trade Colombian and Brazilian beans, handpicked by a family who can trace their bloodline back to Jesus himself before it's loaded on to an electric plane which sucks carbon out of the air as it flies towards England. It's then roasted to perfection by the individual bean by Buddhist Monks before it is freshly ground for each cup between the pristine cheeks of a 21 year old Swedish Princess.

F##k off, you drink Aldi's rip off of Nescafe Gold Blend you c###

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 23:22 - Jun 30 with 845 viewseireblue

Hmmmmm…..you don’t buy and then roast green beans yourself.

Bit lazy.
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 23:49 - Jun 30 with 820 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I'm lazy so it's mainly the stronger end of instant - Nescafe's Dark Roast from the Roastery range is a current favourite but only purchased when on offer somewhere.

Taylors of Harrogate, beans or pre-ground, for me (Rich Italian, After Dark or Hot Lava Java), if I can wait for the stove top moka.

Oh and no additives (unless it's more coffee).

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024