Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... 10:13 - Jun 30 with 4057 viewsunbelievablue

...what is your tipple at the moment?

I'm almost exclusively decaf these days but still love it. Currently sipping a beaut of a Macchiato (proper one, not a long one).

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:49 - Jun 30 with 647 viewsDyland

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:47 - Jun 30 by unbelievablue

Thankfully I have never knowingly partaken!

Drugs are bad, kids.

Drugs are great. Don't believe the Man :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:49 - Jun 30 with 647 viewsDyland

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:48 - Jun 30 by DanTheMan

Alcohol absolutely does me in the next day as well. Get incredibly jittery the next day if I've really overdone it.

I have found recently having some food and necking a pint of water with some hydration stuff in it (bloody foul) makes a difference.

You have to eat if you're drinking loads, otherwise it'll do yer.

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:52 - Jun 30 with 628 viewsDubtractor

Alcohol absolutely does me in the next day as well. Get incredibly jittery the next day if I've really overdone it.

I have found recently having some food and necking a pint of water with some hydration stuff in it (bloody foul) makes a difference.

I'm on meds (depressants) that come with the advice to avoid alcohol. As a rule I follow that advice, but when I don't I really know about it and spend the next day in a horrible fog.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:58 - Jun 30 with 621 viewsLord_Lucan

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:48 - Jun 30 by Dyland

Are we the same person?

Even down to this week being a good boy, and having some clarity...

... of course, the clarity includes being crystal clear about wanting a good drink.

I kind of live life to a schedule

Friday - Monday = no drink at all. Tuesday - Thursday two or three pints and 1 to 2 bottles of wine, daily of course. This week has been Tuesday and Wednesday = no beer and just over a bottle of wine. Last night I went down the pub and had a few but not to excess, the staff automatically present me a bill after three ghost ships and three wines.

Edit - I thought last night was Thursday but it was Wednesday wasn't it - in which case I've done better than I thought.

Now and again though something happens and it all goes to sh1t.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 11:35]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:58 - Jun 30 with 617 viewshomer_123

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:40 - Jun 30 by Keno

me, I like a camp coffee

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:03 - Jun 30 with 604 viewshype313

Alcohol ruins me the older I get, I can have a couple of pints these days and wake up feeling like I've spent the weekend at Pacha.

My intake is definitely going down, getting to the point where I wonder is it worth it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:05 - Jun 30 with 603 viewsDyland

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:58 - Jun 30 by Lord_Lucan

Friday - Monday = no drink at all. Tuesday - Thursday two or three pints and 1 to 2 bottles of wine, daily of course. This week has been Tuesday and Wednesday = no beer and just over a bottle of wine. Last night I went down the pub and had a few but not to excess, the staff automatically present me a bill after three ghost ships and three wines.

Edit - I thought last night was Thursday but it was Wednesday wasn't it - in which case I've done better than I thought.

Oh, I just drink all the time until my body (and mind) reminds me I'm an old fart and need three or four days off. I've been seriously contemplating jacking the booze in completely, except the odd bottle/s of decent wine in company, say once a week if that.

Out of interest, what do you do at the weekends, just pills gak and weed? ;)

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:07 - Jun 30 with 596 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:38 - Jun 30 by Lord_Lucan

Power to the people!

Is PrideoftheEast a fellow member?

erm probably not!
Login to get fewer ads

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:09 - Jun 30 with 589 viewsBiGDonnie

Extra hot, skinny, wet latte. Recently moved to two a day 7.30 & 11! Pret every time.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:10 - Jun 30 with 587 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:58 - Jun 30 by Lord_Lucan

I've just had baby no.2 and with work etc have been drinking a lot less than usual over the last 6 months or so.

Had 8 or 9 pints on Tuesday followed by about 4 hours sleep.... amazing that I used to do that about 3 times a week.
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:11 - Jun 30 with 587 viewsLord_Lucan

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:05 - Jun 30 by Dyland

Oh, I just drink all the time until my body (and mind) reminds me I'm an old fart and need three or four days off. I've been seriously contemplating jacking the booze in completely, except the odd bottle/s of decent wine in company, say once a week if that.

Out of interest, what do you do at the weekends, just pills gak and weed? ;)

So, generally - Tuesday morning to Friday afternoon I stay in Norwich and can do whatever I like.

Friday night to Monday night I'm at home in Ipswich and I just do whatever iI'm told.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:11 - Jun 30 with 583 viewsBiGDonnie

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:24 - Jun 30 by mutters

Macchiato as well, though double shot. Illy coffee. 3 or 4 a day (addicted I know!), fortunately for the sake of my wallet none are shop bought

If you have a pret near you (silly question if London based) you can get the subscription which is £25 a month for five coffees a day.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:17 - Jun 30 with 568 viewsChurchman

I generally only have coffee abroad, as they don’t really do tea. If I have it here, a standard latte is fine for me. Anything really.
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:24 - Jun 30 with 551 viewsSwansea_Blue

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:48 - Jun 30 by Dyland

Are we the same person?

Even down to this week being a good boy, and having some clarity...

... of course, the clarity includes being crystal clear about wanting a good drink.

Same here. Triplets separated at birth probably. Although I haven't learnt. It was going so well for a few days and then I decided to 'destress' by opening a couple of jars after I finished at silly o'clock last night.

Not so clear thinking today. Why the feck do I do it?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:26 - Jun 30 with 549 viewsBloomBlue

Latte the full fat version, none of that skinny rubbish.

At home it's beans and currently really enjoying the Hawaiian Kona blend from the coffee bean shop
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:26 - Jun 30 with 547 viewsJ2BLUE

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:09 - Jun 30 by BiGDonnie

Extra hot, skinny, wet latte. Recently moved to two a day 7.30 & 11! Pret every time.

Pervert.

Costa flat white for me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:31 - Jun 30 with 535 viewsLord_Lucan

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:10 - Jun 30 by PrideOfTheEast

I've just had baby no.2 and with work etc have been drinking a lot less than usual over the last 6 months or so.

Had 8 or 9 pints on Tuesday followed by about 4 hours sleep.... amazing that I used to do that about 3 times a week.

Congratulations TK

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:35 - Jun 30 with 535 viewsBLUEBEAT

A mate opened a Vietnamese coffee bar in Belfast a couple of years ago and Covid resulted in an unexpected closing, leaving him with a massive stock of both ground and bean Vietnamese coffee.

So my answer is Vietnamese Coffees 😆 🇻🇳

Poll: W or W

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:40 - Jun 30 with 521 viewsfarkenhell

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 10:20 - Jun 30 by Lord_Lucan

I'm a flat white man with an extra shot

For home use I have one of those bean to cup things (it was recommended by someone on here) but I can't find the perfect bean - and to be honest it's a lot of faffing around.

For instant I am a Cart Noir fan - although I think it's been rebranded to L'or or something like that - however I'm currently drinking Nescafe Azera as L'or wasn't on offer.

Aldi do a reasonably priced but drinkable (in my opinion) bean, grade 3, 4 or 5 - I always buy 5. If this isn't to your taste, speak to a coffee shop, like the one that Dubtractor mentioned (Coffee Link / Ipswich roasters) - they will have a much greater range.

Talking of faffing around, my beloved Delonghi bean to cup machine bit the dust - funnily enough not long after I recommended it to you for its reliability! I can't find anyone to see if it can be repaired (a local repair shop recently opened won't touch anything electrical - what's that all about!) So I've found and dusted off an old filtered coffee machine - now that is a complete faff. Takes about 15 minutes to make a bloody coffee, compared to a minute or so with the Delonghi.
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:40 - Jun 30 with 519 viewsgiant_stow

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:24 - Jun 30 by Swansea_Blue

Same here. Triplets separated at birth probably. Although I haven't learnt. It was going so well for a few days and then I decided to 'destress' by opening a couple of jars after I finished at silly o'clock last night.

Not so clear thinking today. Why the feck do I do it?

You should all just drink Fosters. Nice and weak, but you still get to drink beer. Mind you, 6 cans of it and I'm anyone's.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:43 - Jun 30 with 509 viewsfarkenhell

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:40 - Jun 30 by giant_stow

You should all just drink Fosters. Nice and weak, but you still get to drink beer. Mind you, 6 cans of it and I'm anyone's.

Watch out Delia!
Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:45 - Jun 30 with 504 viewsElephantintheRoom

Kenyan

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:47 - Jun 30 with 503 viewshype313

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:40 - Jun 30 by giant_stow

No thanks, it's like drinking witches p1ss.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:50 - Jun 30 with 501 viewsgiant_stow

Coffee drinkers of TWTD... on 11:47 - Jun 30 by hype313

No thanks, it's like drinking witches p1ss.

If you want to be picky about it, fine: Bud Lite for the high brows

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Knowing this forum as I do.... on 11:51 - Jun 30 with 499 viewsBloots

....I'm surprised nobody has claimed to only drink that stuff made from monkey poo.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024