Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toto in a nutshell today 19:21 - Nov 13 with 7989 views3_5_2

Big / strong and won most of his battles

Distribution woeful at times.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Toto in a nutshell today on 08:55 - Nov 14 with 1885 viewsquad

Toto in a nutshell today on 07:20 - Nov 14 by textbackup

here we go..... let me guess what you are getting at! pr1ck.

i dont rate him as a footballer. thats all. live with it, and try not to make up something to be offended by

Cook rates him. 99% of the fans rate him. We don't care whether you rate him or not to be honest. That's all, live with it.
Toto in a nutshell today on 08:56 - Nov 14 with 1882 viewsclive_baker

Toto in a nutshell today on 07:20 - Nov 14 by textbackup

here we go..... let me guess what you are getting at! pr1ck.

i dont rate him as a footballer. thats all. live with it, and try not to make up something to be offended by

This user has a habit of this. If you don’t rate Toto as a footballer you’re basically a massive racist.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Toto in a nutshell today on 08:57 - Nov 14 with 1876 viewschicoazul

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:23 - Nov 13 by textbackup

nsiala has a big one in him waiting to drop. and when it does, it'll cost us bad. so yeah, i'd be looking to change that CB partnership asap

Crazy talk.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Toto in a nutshell today on 09:03 - Nov 14 with 1852 viewschicoazul

Toto in a nutshell today on 08:56 - Nov 14 by clive_baker

This user has a habit of this. If you don’t rate Toto as a footballer you’re basically a massive racist.

Toto. Janoi. Titus. Dalian. Danny Haynes. Mings was a bit arrogant. Uhlenbeek. And how old was Finidi anyway hahaha.
TWTD and Portman Road has this significant fringe that will always find fault in POC players. Here we are moving up the table slowly but surely, improving our goals against tally and keeping a clean sheet against a team who score goals, but let’s change the CB partnership and Woolf should be in the team and doesn’t Toto make you nervous?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Toto in a nutshell today on 09:33 - Nov 14 with 1826 viewsclive_baker

Toto in a nutshell today on 09:03 - Nov 14 by chicoazul

Toto. Janoi. Titus. Dalian. Danny Haynes. Mings was a bit arrogant. Uhlenbeek. And how old was Finidi anyway hahaha.
TWTD and Portman Road has this significant fringe that will always find fault in POC players. Here we are moving up the table slowly but surely, improving our goals against tally and keeping a clean sheet against a team who score goals, but let’s change the CB partnership and Woolf should be in the team and doesn’t Toto make you nervous?

You really are putting words into people’s mouths. I don’t doubt for a second that there are fans with racial prejudice that informs their opinions on players, which needless to say is desperately sad, but that doesn’t mean every fan is. There needs to be evidence beyond not rating a player. I don’t think textbackup has evidenced anything other than not rating the bloke as a footballer. Nobody here has said Toto is arrogant. Lazy. Whatever else stereotypes you want to use.

ZX was laying into Hladky after a handful of games, it’s probably because he’s European and over here stealing our jobs or something, right? Wrong, equally as ludicrous an accusation with absolutely no basis other than him not rating him as a footballer which is an opinion everyone is entitled to.

FWIW Woolfenden shouldn’t be in the team, there’s no way I would be changing the back 4 after three consecutive clean sheets, but I do believe we need to upgrade on Toto if we have ambitions to be a top 2 side at this level and play the way we do by building out from the back, I don’t think he has the ball playing ability in his arsenal. But then I don’t think Woolfenden is reliable enough defensively, so on balance it’s Toto over Woolfy, but in an ideal world neither.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Toto in a nutshell today on 09:34 - Nov 14 with 1823 viewswitchdoctor

so…basically you are calling texters a racist?
Toto in a nutshell today on 09:37 - Nov 14 with 1815 viewswitchdoctor

Toto in a nutshell today on 07:17 - Nov 14 by itfcjoe

There can be different game plans when with and without the ball - when they didn’t have it they pressed until the ball ended with him and then set themselves to block his passing lanes and easy out balls which totally stopped us playing.

There were far worse ITFC players out there today - Celina and Burns both very poor - but for me if we want to play from the back you need defenders who can do so or will struggle to use our possession well against well organised sides and that was the case yesterday

agree with your summary of burns and celina…wes has up to now been my favourite player this season but he seems to lack the confidence to take on people at the mo…or maybe he’s been instructed to play the safe ball…🤷‍♂️
Toto in a nutshell today on 09:47 - Nov 14 with 1794 viewsJakeITFC

I don’t disagree with your general point, but I can confidently assure you that my worries about Nsiala are in no way race-related. Oxford clearly targeted (or not as the case may be) as part of their press, and we suffered for it.

I’m also not particularly convinced by the talk of him being a brilliant stopper defender either - he lets the ball bounce in dangerous positions and is rash in the challenge. There were two or three moments of defensive class from him today - one very early on with a defensive header, and one very late on when he robbed their man out wide and then stuck to his task and won a free kick, but I just think the balance of good to bad isn’t right with him.
Login to get fewer ads

Toto in a nutshell today on 11:27 - Nov 14 with 1736 viewsJon_456

What a load of crap.

Donacien got stick the first 2-3years because he was sh*t most of the time for us. He’s now praised pretty much every game he plays and most people would agree he’s been one of our best players this season.

Mings was called a bit arrogant because he came across that way, just like Ronaldo does, and Suarez did.

For every POC player you’ve named, I could probably name at least 5 white players who were heavily criticised / unpopular with fans. Hladky, Douglas, Malarczyk, Priskin, Parkin.

You’re allowed to point fault in players and not have a racist agenda.
Toto in a nutshell today on 12:45 - Nov 14 with 1681 viewsTheBoyBlue

Distribution was woeful by most in the team yesterday, especially in the final third. Bit unfair to highlight Toto.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Toto in a nutshell today on 14:09 - Nov 14 with 1637 views3_5_2

Toto in a nutshell today on 23:01 - Nov 13 by ZXBlue

Not his job. To play short you need midfielders around you making space, and often he is left with no option but the punt.

“Not his job”?

His job is to pass to a blue shirt. If one is not available then with the system we play it could go into the channels behind the full backs. At worst it gets us higher up the pitch, then turned round which enables to press the ball.

Him just lumping it anywhere is “not his job”

Any decent coach could do this.

Toto in a nutshell today on 14:10 - Nov 14 with 1637 views3_5_2

Toto in a nutshell today on 23:47 - Nov 13 by pointofblue

There was a moment which summed up Nsiala perfectly - completely misjudged a flighted ball and let his man goal side but got back and made a crucial challenge to stop the shot.

Agree. At this level he is a tough, no nonsense defender. But his distribution is woeful at times

Toto in a nutshell today on 14:33 - Nov 14 with 1621 viewsWickets

I though he was as good yesterday as he is every likely to be ! always going to be a worry but if he plays well lets just hope it will continue .
Toto in a nutshell today on 17:51 - Nov 14 with 1575 viewsitfcsuth

You know what you get from Toto. Aerially he is dominant, physically he is commanding.

However we know he has an error in him, and it normally is costly.

Woolfenden isn’t good enough to be in the side week in week out either unfortunately.

Edmundson & Burgess is still the long term partnership we should be looking at.
Toto in a nutshell today on 18:14 - Nov 14 with 1546 viewsitfcjoe

Toto in a nutshell today on 17:51 - Nov 14 by itfcsuth

You know what you get from Toto. Aerially he is dominant, physically he is commanding.

Woolfenden isn’t good enough to be in the side week in week out either unfortunately.

Toto is a better defender than Burgess and no worse on the ball

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Toto in a nutshell today on 18:23 - Nov 14 with 1523 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto in a nutshell today on 19:43 - Nov 13 by BloomBlue

To be fair Celina had 3 good chances to play in other players in dangerous positions in the 2nd half and hit the pass so hard even Usain Bolt wouldn't get it.

Never sure why people always single out players like Toto.

Never sure?

Some people need to have s scapegoat and Nsiala is a 'perfect' one as he keeps their darling Woolfenden out of the team. The latter had a very poor season last year but mostly got away with his poor performances.
Toto in a nutshell today on 18:27 - Nov 14 with 1526 viewsZXBlue

Please tell us when he last made a costly error. And then tell us the one before.
Toto in a nutshell today on 18:27 - Nov 14 with 1520 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto in a nutshell today on 19:31 - Nov 13 by TrumptonBlue

Clean sheet. Job done.

We had been shipping goals in the first two months. The defence has considerably improved since Toto returned to the team for the Portsmouth game. The facts are so clear but some people won't admit it.

Last season yet another example. Our defence was fine with the Nsiala-Wilson combo and we didn't concede many goals with them two in the middle of it.

Toto is under the microscope for the number of people. Heavily scrutinized. Other defenders nowhere near as much.

Him and Edmundson are our best CB's by far. By very far.
Toto in a nutshell today on 18:28 - Nov 14 with 1518 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Burgess

Had you been in coma while we were shipping goals with him in the team?
Toto in a nutshell today on 18:48 - Nov 14 with 1502 viewsitfcsuth

Toto in a nutshell today on 18:27 - Nov 14 by ZXBlue

Please tell us when he last made a costly error. And then tell us the one before.

Toto was at fault for the goal at Oldham literally a week ago.
Toto in a nutshell today on 19:04 - Nov 14 with 1489 viewsZXBlue

Toto in a nutshell today on 18:48 - Nov 14 by itfcsuth

Toto was at fault for the goal at Oldham literally a week ago.

And the one before?

Have not seen Oldham, which wasn't a league game anyway ofc.
Toto in a nutshell today on 20:09 - Nov 14 with 1440 viewsKeaneish

Toto in a nutshell today on 18:14 - Nov 14 by itfcjoe

Toto is a better defender than Burgess and no worse on the ball

Toto no worse on the ball than Burgess? Whaaaat? Is this the same Toto who stood on the ball twice and nearly fell over whilst trying to play a first time pass at Fratton Park? The same Toto who is allowed to have the ball by every opposition manager because they know it’s coming straight back?

Burgess has flaws but his passing as epitomised by his range as full back at Adam’s Park is far better than Toto’s. Burgess plays some lovely raking passes at times. It’s his dallying on the ball that lets him down for me.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Toto in a nutshell today on 20:15 - Nov 14 with 1433 viewsStenvict

On EFL on Quest, they highlighted 2 incidents that they believe should have been given as penalties against us, both down to Toto. With the refereeing in this league, this is the worry.

He's a strong, solid defender that will win most aerial duels, but he is also quite erratic when 1v1 with the ball on the ground.

However, the issue yesterday was the forwards.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Toto in a nutshell today on 20:21 - Nov 14 with 1409 viewsitfcjoe

Toto in a nutshell today on 20:09 - Nov 14 by Keaneish

Toto no worse on the ball than Burgess? Whaaaat? Is this the same Toto who stood on the ball twice and nearly fell over whilst trying to play a first time pass at Fratton Park? The same Toto who is allowed to have the ball by every opposition manager because they know it’s coming straight back?

Burgess has flaws but his passing as epitomised by his range as full back at Adam’s Park is far better than Toto’s. Burgess plays some lovely raking passes at times. It’s his dallying on the ball that lets him down for me.

Burgess played a few good passes vs Wycombe, especially into the box - but every manager has been just as happy to let him have the ball as they are Toto. He moves it so slowly when at CB and it’s no coincidence that him, like Toto, is always left as the spare man

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Toto in a nutshell today on 20:40 - Nov 14 with 1378 viewstpsontour

Toto in a nutshell today on 18:27 - Nov 14 by ZXBlue

Since you ask:

Oxford: Quest (regretting that they chose our 0-0 as their main game for extended highlights) went to town with their post-match analysis and concluded, with the benefit of VAR-style replays, that Toto got away with conceding two first half pens, not awarded. Was holding - they said all over - his man, Taylor I think, on one cross (tho I personally think a pen would have been harsh); later let a ball in behind him and had to chase back and make last-ditch lunge, taking Holland down fractionally before following through to get the ball. Karl Robinson booked for his protest at failure to award a pen.

Previous three appearances:
Oldham: Toto misjudged a long ball horribly. Edmundson came across to try and cover his mess-up but Davis curled ball around him for Oldham equaliser

Wycombe: Toto outjumped on deep corner, Wheeler first to second ball gave Wycombe lead

Plymouth: Penney blundered by being blindsided for shot at far post. Walton saved it but Toto had let Jephcott go, who was completely free to tap in the rebound. Second goal, neither Wolf nor Toto read the danger as Plymouth played a clever one-two inside them for Grant to score the winner.

The point is that he's a wholehearted player but Toto makes far too many potentially costly errors and it is then just a question of whether or not the opposition take advantage. He's in the team for now because neither Wolf nor Burgess were better while he was out injured. His partnership with the immense Edmundson, who has moved to the left side and covers for him an awful lot, is the best to date this season but an upgrade is going to be required in January for us to give ourselves a decent chance of promotion this season. 4 clean sheets in 17 games and 25 goals conceded is not promotion standard.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024