Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... 11:26 - Aug 1 with 9132 viewsunstableblue

... but when you are a die hard such as ourselves who post on here, its hard to remember that large sections of the Town fan base have disconnected with visiting Portman Road through years of poor performances and results

Hopefully we can get a run going and a buzz back around the club, and get the lapsed blue back into the seats.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:53 - Aug 1 with 1265 viewsunstableblue

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:51 - Aug 1 by Bobbychase

Cobbold Block A a good choice for anyone wanting to avoid being too close to others

Its a good point, I note a few people saying they won't go due to Covid still being present in society... perhaps even those with a season ticket

But surely a masked dash up into block A of the Cobbold or top of the Churchmans will be empty

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:55 - Aug 1 with 1262 viewsGeomorph

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:27 - Aug 1 by Dubtractor

I'm prob what you'd call a casual fan, usually make about 50% of home games and a couple away each season, but first game of the season is a must see every year.

There's all the hope and anticipation still topped up at that point, new signings, warm weather, the belief that this year is our year etc.

It's lovely whilst the false hope lasts!

Same here. Coming down from south Cumbria with dad and bro and staying in Novotel for the weekend. Dad is 83 so each trip home to see the footy is important for him especially.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:56 - Aug 1 with 1257 viewsgtsb1966

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:52 - Aug 1 by thebooks

Wearing a mask protects other people, not yourself. You’re therefore relying on other people wearing a mask, and when that’s a “personal choice” you can understand why some might be reticent.

Even in Sainsbury’s the number of people wearing masks is dropping day by day. Combine that with a “macho” footbal crowd, and I can see why a lot would be put off.

Incidentally, two work colleagues have contracted Covid in the last month, despite being double jabbed back in April.

Just my opinion but I think we will all get it eventually in some way, shape or form just as most people will get flu at least once in their life. Unfortunately it's something we will all have to accept.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:58 - Aug 1 with 1242 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:52 - Aug 1 by thebooks

Wearing a mask protects other people, not yourself. You’re therefore relying on other people wearing a mask, and when that’s a “personal choice” you can understand why some might be reticent.

Even in Sainsbury’s the number of people wearing masks is dropping day by day. Combine that with a “macho” footbal crowd, and I can see why a lot would be put off.

Incidentally, two work colleagues have contracted Covid in the last month, despite being double jabbed back in April.

were they in a terrible mess with it?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:58 - Aug 1 with 1238 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I have not got round to buying a ticket just yet, as there is no rush.

I suspect there will be people like me.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:05 - Aug 1 with 1212 viewsMerseyBlue

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:43 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

It would be interesting if the club said if you test positive a day or two after a game then inform the club and they could get an idea of the numbers infected after a game.

That would be very interesting, unfortunately I suppose the only way that clubs would sign up to that would be if they were pushed to do so by the authorities

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:08 - Aug 1 with 1194 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s Divison 3. Versus Morecambe. During Covid. Anything approaching the 20k mark would be an excellent crowd.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:08 - Aug 1 with 1189 viewschicoazul

Many on TWTD seem to have forgotten we are in fact in division three.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:10 - Aug 1 with 1190 viewssouthnorfolkblue

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:28 - Aug 1 by gtsb1966

In two weeks time you won't have to isolate at all if you are double jabbed will you. Have I got that right?

That’s my understanding, but won’t be in place for next Saturday, which is why the crowd might be down a bit. I think that the game is all ticket as well

Poll: Our final position

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:10 - Aug 1 with 1186 viewsRyorry

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:37 - Aug 1 by MerseyBlue

Yeah to be honest I think you're probably right about the timings, I suppose it's more about me calculating the numbers in my head which is always going to err on the side of caution. I'm fairly confident I'll be attending within the first couple of months and to be honest, I really want to be there for day one, but I'll stick to the plan for now and hope that everything goes smoother than my pessimism allows to me believe!

It's probably a lower risk for Suffolk residents, as according to this Covid map, cases are lower there than in other areas of the UK.

https://www.covidlive.co.uk/

Unfortunately our areas, NE, NW and Yorkshire, are where the Delta variant is most rife.

I'm sorry to say that I think there might be quite a rise in cases once the football season proper starts & fans are criss-crossing the country to watch games in packed stands.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 13:12]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:15 - Aug 1 with 1163 viewsIllinoisblue

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:01 - Aug 1 by Wallingford_Boy

For Morecambe game?

20k + I’d imagine, considering we have 14k season ticket holders.

Where is that 14k number from?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:16 - Aug 1 with 1168 viewsthebooks

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:58 - Aug 1 by textbackup

were they in a terrible mess with it?

Well, the double jab helps minimise the symptoms, so depends what you mean by “terrible mess”. One was off work for a week and very poorly at one point — I thought she might have to be hospitalised. The other I don’t know about as she’s only just contracted it.

It’s not something you want to take a risk with.

It’s what annoys me about “personal responsibility” (well, one of the many things). If wearing a mask protected yourself then that would be fine, but when you’re relying on others to do that — and make informed judgements about how ill you can make other people, or even to be aware that wearing a mask affects other people, not yourself — it’s dangerous.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:19 - Aug 1 with 1154 viewspennblue

It is summer holidays init

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:24 - Aug 1 with 1140 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:16 - Aug 1 by thebooks

Well, the double jab helps minimise the symptoms, so depends what you mean by “terrible mess”. One was off work for a week and very poorly at one point — I thought she might have to be hospitalised. The other I don’t know about as she’s only just contracted it.

It’s not something you want to take a risk with.

It’s what annoys me about “personal responsibility” (well, one of the many things). If wearing a mask protected yourself then that would be fine, but when you’re relying on others to do that — and make informed judgements about how ill you can make other people, or even to be aware that wearing a mask affects other people, not yourself — it’s dangerous.

terrible mess - hospital.

so fortunately they seem to have got away with the worse of it, which is, like you say, what the jab is for

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:29 - Aug 1 with 1117 viewsGeoffSentence

bear in mind Morecambe will bring feck all. If this was a championship game, or a game against one of the bigger teams in league 1 you'd expect 1-2000 away fans bringing it closer to 20K.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 13:32]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:33 - Aug 1 with 1096 viewsMerseyBlue

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:10 - Aug 1 by Ryorry

It's probably a lower risk for Suffolk residents, as according to this Covid map, cases are lower there than in other areas of the UK.

https://www.covidlive.co.uk/

Unfortunately our areas, NE, NW and Yorkshire, are where the Delta variant is most rife.

I'm sorry to say that I think there might be quite a rise in cases once the football season proper starts & fans are criss-crossing the country to watch games in packed stands.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 13:12]

Yes I'm quite concerned about any kind of social event up here at the moment - I think I've upset my friends' partner by not going over for her birthday today. I'm finding it quite hard work at the moment because I'm not trying to be antisocial, I'm just being cautious for the time-being. As a result, I'm having to send so many more messages than usual so nobody thinks I've slipped into some deep depressive episode.

Trying to convince people that you are mentally well when you're not able to see as much of them and they're easing up a bit on covid is exhausting! Nonetheless, appreciate their concern and I'd be the same in their shoes. Just another strange side effect of the pandemic I suppose.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:54 - Aug 1 with 1046 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Confident of a 20k+
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:58 - Aug 1 with 1028 viewsBobbychase

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:33 - Aug 1 by MerseyBlue

Yes I'm quite concerned about any kind of social event up here at the moment - I think I've upset my friends' partner by not going over for her birthday today. I'm finding it quite hard work at the moment because I'm not trying to be antisocial, I'm just being cautious for the time-being. As a result, I'm having to send so many more messages than usual so nobody thinks I've slipped into some deep depressive episode.

Trying to convince people that you are mentally well when you're not able to see as much of them and they're easing up a bit on covid is exhausting! Nonetheless, appreciate their concern and I'd be the same in their shoes. Just another strange side effect of the pandemic I suppose.

I've had Covid and I've been jabbed twice but I'm also self-employed so have to make a calculated judgement about risk. Very unlikely that I will get the virus a second time but it's not definite that I won't, and if I am off work I don't get sick pay etc.

Going to the Morecambe match but have abandoned my SBR season ticket and opted for a part of the stadium where fewer people will be.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 14:27 - Aug 1 with 985 viewsMerseyBlue

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:58 - Aug 1 by Bobbychase

I've had Covid and I've been jabbed twice but I'm also self-employed so have to make a calculated judgement about risk. Very unlikely that I will get the virus a second time but it's not definite that I won't, and if I am off work I don't get sick pay etc.

Going to the Morecambe match but have abandoned my SBR season ticket and opted for a part of the stadium where fewer people will be.

That's pretty sensible. I work from home so I've been able to really limit my risk of transmission, I haven't had a positive test result at any time so who knows if I've had it but I certainly don't want it. Part of my hesitancy to book a ticket for a quieter part of the ground is the thinking that lots of others might do the same. I'm really hoping everything goes well and wishing all attendees a good day out and good health to boot.

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 14:47 - Aug 1 with 968 viewsTractorWood

I haven't quite got any type of buzz to watch us tbh. Don't know any of the players as I haven't really followed pre season or transfers. Last game I went to was Euros final. Think it will take a while to get the keeness back.

I sense lots of optimism on here, which is great but I've followed Ipswich long enough to know to never get your hopes up.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 15:24 - Aug 1 with 904 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 14:47 - Aug 1 by TractorWood

I haven't quite got any type of buzz to watch us tbh. Don't know any of the players as I haven't really followed pre season or transfers. Last game I went to was Euros final. Think it will take a while to get the keeness back.

I sense lots of optimism on here, which is great but I've followed Ipswich long enough to know to never get your hopes up.

said exactly the same to mate, had i not gone to the euros i'd be gagging for saturday...... as it is, town vs morcambe (no matter what the score) just wont beat us beating the germans, and semi final win, and a euro final

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 15:41 - Aug 1 with 879 viewsLeoMuff

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:39 - Aug 1 by textbackup

i keep reading about covid concerns, which is personal choice... but when do these people expect to ever return to normal? if theyve had the jabs, and wear masks, what more do they need before they'll leave the house.

If COVID is allowed to run completely unchecked in high numbers of daily infections we create the perfect climate for a mutation and possibly one which reduces or even eliminates the effectiveness of the vaccines, then we do have a big problem.

Things still aren’t normal with 30+ thousand infections daily, so why act like it is ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 15:49 - Aug 1 with 862 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 15:41 - Aug 1 by LeoMuff

If COVID is allowed to run completely unchecked in high numbers of daily infections we create the perfect climate for a mutation and possibly one which reduces or even eliminates the effectiveness of the vaccines, then we do have a big problem.

Things still aren’t normal with 30+ thousand infections daily, so why act like it is ?

theres a number of what if's in there isnt there.

my personal opinion is be sensible, if in a crowded place stick a mask on if you feel you want to, wash hands, etc.

But after being in for 16months i'm not going to stay inside any longer in fear.

had the jabs, so will now go about life in a sensible manner.

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:05 - Aug 1 with 831 viewsLeoMuff

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 15:49 - Aug 1 by textbackup

theres a number of what if's in there isnt there.

my personal opinion is be sensible, if in a crowded place stick a mask on if you feel you want to, wash hands, etc.

But after being in for 16months i'm not going to stay inside any longer in fear.

had the jabs, so will now go about life in a sensible manner.

This whole COVID thing is about what if isn’t it, and have you really been inside for 16 months ? I haven’t, been a nearly normal lifestyle since easing of restrictions earlier in the year.

It would be a complete disaster if this mutated into something that puts us back to square one, so while you personally may be minimising your risk, plenty are disregarding any restrictions, and a gathering of 20000 with no distancing, alcohol and a whole load of shouting sounds a step too far to me.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:21 - Aug 1 with 794 viewsgtsb1966

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:05 - Aug 1 by LeoMuff

This whole COVID thing is about what if isn’t it, and have you really been inside for 16 months ? I haven’t, been a nearly normal lifestyle since easing of restrictions earlier in the year.

It would be a complete disaster if this mutated into something that puts us back to square one, so while you personally may be minimising your risk, plenty are disregarding any restrictions, and a gathering of 20000 with no distancing, alcohol and a whole load of shouting sounds a step too far to me.

But when does it stop becoming a step too far if covid is here to stay. Not a dig I might add. We can't go on like this forever. We get vaccinated against flu yet it still kills people unfortunately but nobody thinks about that. It's something we will all have to live with in the future and accept unfortunately, like the flu, people will suffer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024