Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... 11:26 - Aug 1 with 9133 viewsunstableblue

... but when you are a die hard such as ourselves who post on here, its hard to remember that large sections of the Town fan base have disconnected with visiting Portman Road through years of poor performances and results

Hopefully we can get a run going and a buzz back around the club, and get the lapsed blue back into the seats.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:24 - Aug 1 with 1537 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:05 - Aug 1 by LeoMuff

This whole COVID thing is about what if isn’t it, and have you really been inside for 16 months ? I haven’t, been a nearly normal lifestyle since easing of restrictions earlier in the year.

It would be a complete disaster if this mutated into something that puts us back to square one, so while you personally may be minimising your risk, plenty are disregarding any restrictions, and a gathering of 20000 with no distancing, alcohol and a whole load of shouting sounds a step too far to me.

well i was at wembley with 100,000-200,000 around me, took my chances then, and all was ok.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:30 - Aug 1 with 1528 viewsTractorWood

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:24 - Aug 1 by textbackup

well i was at wembley with 100,000-200,000 around me, took my chances then, and all was ok.

I got Covid at the final. As did 3/4 I met up with and a few on here.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:34 - Aug 1 with 1520 viewsSkip_Intro

Personally I'd go if it was just about me but my OH has a suppressed immune system and my dad is in his late 70s and so I can't justify going in case I get covid and pass it onto them despite the fact that I have my ST and am double jabbed.
I cannot and will not risk seriously compromising the health of my loved ones for a football match as much as I would love to be there...
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:36 - Aug 1 with 1497 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:30 - Aug 1 by TractorWood

I got Covid at the final. As did 3/4 I met up with and a few on here.

sounds as tho loads got it, but fortunately the jabs kept away any real serious issues

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:38 - Aug 1 with 1493 viewsLeoMuff

Good for you, it’s not however about wether you are ok or not, it’s about the wider community.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:48 - Aug 1 with 1473 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:38 - Aug 1 by LeoMuff

Good for you, it’s not however about wether you are ok or not, it’s about the wider community.

i know...

however, i'm now (after a long time) of the opinion that i wont be worrying about it anymore. like i say, had my jabs, and now i'm looking forward to life instead of hiding indoors and worrying what's out there.

i will wear a mask in shops or places indoors, if i remember. if i genuinely forget one i wont not enter a shop or go home to get one as i previously done.

if itfc decide to make it law in the ground ill wear one, if they dont i wont be.

respect your opinion on this, and others.

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:48 - Aug 1 with 1470 viewsjaykay

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:39 - Aug 1 by textbackup

i keep reading about covid concerns, which is personal choice... but when do these people expect to ever return to normal? if theyve had the jabs, and wear masks, what more do they need before they'll leave the house.

as i said in my post, some people are waiting to see what the outcome is in the next few weeks. then make their minds up. not they will never leave their houses

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:57 - Aug 1 with 1444 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:48 - Aug 1 by jaykay

as i said in my post, some people are waiting to see what the outcome is in the next few weeks. then make their minds up. not they will never leave their houses

what difference will the next few weeks make? fwiw - im not arguing anyones opinion here

Login to get fewer ads

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 17:56 - Aug 1 with 1354 viewsWD19

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:57 - Aug 1 by textbackup

what difference will the next few weeks make? fwiw - im not arguing anyones opinion here

Well at the moment about 1 in 100 people have COVID. Fingers crossed in a few weeks it will be much fewer. The prevalence will feed into people’s individual assessment of risk.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 18:07 - Aug 1 with 1332 viewsFunge

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:08 - Aug 1 by Illinoisblue

It’s Divison 3. Versus Morecambe. During Covid. Anything approaching the 20k mark would be an excellent crowd.

Yep, agree. 16k or more will be good, to be honest.

Will be the fIrst game for me since the 1-0 defeat at home to Oxford - but, let's face it, all those defeats blurred into one.

Very much looking forward to it, which hasnt been the case with ITFC for a very long time.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 18:09 - Aug 1 with 1331 viewsFunge

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 13:29 - Aug 1 by GeoffSentence

bear in mind Morecambe will bring feck all. If this was a championship game, or a game against one of the bigger teams in league 1 you'd expect 1-2000 away fans bringing it closer to 20K.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 13:32]

Wednesday, Mackems, Pompey and Cambridge will all sell out the away end; Charlton should bring a few too.

Everyone else, not so much.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 18:27 - Aug 1 with 1304 viewsborge

You were lucky then. I went and despite not spending any time hanging around outside and being sat right at the back with relatively few people, I got it. I was single jabbed at the time.

The thing is, now that I have had it, if I was single jabbed and hadn't had it, I would be very hesitant about going on Saturday. But, clearly that's the issue; it's only when you have had it that you can truly make an informed choice as to whether it is worth the risk.

The issue for me is that there are still way too many people who aren't double jabbed and think they don't need to be because they are young and/or fit, totally ignoring it's not just about their health and it's not just about the here and now. When you throw in the context of a football match and a load of people tanked up with drink who really won't give a second thought to those around them, you can guarantee that some people will get COVID at the game. Social responsibility seems to be non-existent for too many people these days....
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 19:13 - Aug 1 with 1257 viewsPrideOfTheEast

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 15:49 - Aug 1 by textbackup

theres a number of what if's in there isnt there.

my personal opinion is be sensible, if in a crowded place stick a mask on if you feel you want to, wash hands, etc.

But after being in for 16months i'm not going to stay inside any longer in fear.

had the jabs, so will now go about life in a sensible manner.

Exactly - and that is effectively the government advice isn’t it (for those double jabbed).
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 19:19 - Aug 1 with 1247 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 18:27 - Aug 1 by borge

You were lucky then. I went and despite not spending any time hanging around outside and being sat right at the back with relatively few people, I got it. I was single jabbed at the time.

The thing is, now that I have had it, if I was single jabbed and hadn't had it, I would be very hesitant about going on Saturday. But, clearly that's the issue; it's only when you have had it that you can truly make an informed choice as to whether it is worth the risk.

The issue for me is that there are still way too many people who aren't double jabbed and think they don't need to be because they are young and/or fit, totally ignoring it's not just about their health and it's not just about the here and now. When you throw in the context of a football match and a load of people tanked up with drink who really won't give a second thought to those around them, you can guarantee that some people will get COVID at the game. Social responsibility seems to be non-existent for too many people these days....

i guess if thats the case, and ends up being proved to be an issue, that you'll need to have the jabs to get in

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 19:43 - Aug 1 with 1207 viewsborge

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 19:19 - Aug 1 by textbackup

i guess if thats the case, and ends up being proved to be an issue, that you'll need to have the jabs to get in

Yes, hopefully, but whether the govt actually bothers to monitor it in some way is questionable.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 21:49 - Aug 1 with 1124 viewsBlue_Moses

I was expecting around 15,000 so 17-18K will be great
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:31 - Aug 2 with 997 viewsBlueBlood90

I think the fact we're playing Morecambe may also factor into the attendance figures.

If we were playing Sheffield Wedneday you know they'd be bringing 2,000+ supporters. However, I doubt Morecambe will sell more than 500+.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 15:09 - Aug 3 with 883 viewsWallingford_Boy

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:01 - Aug 1 by Wallingford_Boy

For Morecambe game?

20k + I’d imagine, considering we have 14k season ticket holders.

20k it is then.

Thought 17k-18k seemed a bit low with all the positivity around the place.

RIP Sir Bobby

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 18:17 - Aug 3 with 780 viewsEireannach_gorm

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:15 - Aug 1 by textbackup

you're waiting for the booster, for something you've been double jabbed on?

FYI

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-first-booster-covid-vaccine-rollout-has-launch
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 18:48 - Aug 3 with 738 viewsVic

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 16:48 - Aug 1 by textbackup

i know...

however, i'm now (after a long time) of the opinion that i wont be worrying about it anymore. like i say, had my jabs, and now i'm looking forward to life instead of hiding indoors and worrying what's out there.

i will wear a mask in shops or places indoors, if i remember. if i genuinely forget one i wont not enter a shop or go home to get one as i previously done.

if itfc decide to make it law in the ground ill wear one, if they dont i wont be.

respect your opinion on this, and others.

I thought the thing with mask wearing is more that they protect other people rather than yourself. Feels a bit selfish for me not to wear one when around others while there’s still a lot of it about.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 20:24 - Aug 3 with 676 viewsistanblue

I know many who aren't bothering due to the ridiculous demand to bring a passport to a football match.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 20:27 - Aug 3 with 661 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 20:24 - Aug 3 by istanblue

I know many who aren't bothering due to the ridiculous demand to bring a passport to a football match.

do they not hold a drivers licence, or at worse, a bank card?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 20:38 - Aug 3 with 640 viewsChurchman

If the team is successful, the crowds will grow. They did under Lyall where I recall an early season game in 91 against Bristol City (4-2) where the crowd was around 9000. It wasn’t by seasons end. Same with Burley’s team and Mick’s in 14/15.

Add in Covid, people out of the habit, small away following and I reckon a crowd of 17-19k is a pretty good effort.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 20:53 - Aug 3 with 618 viewsnoggin

Many?

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 21:11 - Aug 3 with 585 viewsKuqishitsonpukki

Or a drivers license / debit / credit card / any other form of I.D??…seems a pretty reasonable request to me! If having to bring one of these in the order to gain entry to watch a team you supposedly support (after 18 odd months away) is too much hassle then I’d suggest they are the type of moaning negative boring ‘supporters’ we would probably rather stay away anyway! No matter how ‘many’ there are! Get over yourselves and get out and support the club! (Ps completely understand those with Covid worries and shielding issues but for the vast majority there is no reason to keep away anymore) COYB.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024