Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raheem Sterling 20:26 - Jul 8 with 3194 viewshomer_123

I'm not sure he's justified his selection in this England squad.

Thoughts?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Raheem Sterling on 20:28 - Jul 8 with 2782 viewsTractorCam

Agreed, footie idiot who's more interested in showing off his bling house, but then at the same time buying grocies at the corner shop, than focusing on England.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Raheem Sterling on 20:29 - Jul 8 with 2765 viewsSwansea_Blue

On the plus side, we're looking really strong for the diving in the Olympics

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Raheem Sterling on 20:46 - Jul 8 with 2656 viewsBlueBadger

Raheem Sterling on 20:28 - Jul 8 by TractorCam

Agreed, footie idiot who's more interested in showing off his bling house, but then at the same time buying grocies at the corner shop, than focusing on England.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Raheem Sterling on 20:48 - Jul 8 with 2645 viewsLeoMuff

Well this thread has got me confused….

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Raheem Sterling on 20:52 - Jul 8 with 2603 viewsSwansea_Blue

Raheem Sterling on 20:48 - Jul 8 by LeoMuff

Well this thread has got me confused….

Share this with any of your *friends* who have a bit of a nationalism problem by Swansea_Blue 8 Jul 2021 14:37
Oh yeah, it's very easily done. I completely agree.

Raheem Sterling on 06:57 - Jul 9 with 2146 viewsblueconscience

Raheem Sterling on 20:29 - Jul 8 by Swansea_Blue

On the plus side, we're looking really strong for the diving in the Olympics

We will never win gold in diving when competing against the likes of Italy.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Raheem Sterling on 08:25 - Jul 9 with 1997 viewsOldboy

Think Southgate was struggling for numbers.
Raheem Sterling on 08:26 - Jul 9 with 1993 viewswkj

I suspect I am heading for a whoosh - but... absolutely he has.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Raheem Sterling (n/t) on 08:29 - Jul 9 with 1957 viewsGeoffSentence

Raheem Sterling on 08:26 - Jul 9 by wkj

I think you are.

I believe this is a reflecting on the media questioning his inclusion in the first place. What was especially funny was that BBC reported if he thought he had justified his place in the team right after he had scored against Croatia. The look he gave her was priceless. Though I think she was probably just giving him a chance to tell his doubters where to stick it.

[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 8:34]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Raheem Sterling on 08:29 - Jul 9 with 1954 viewsOldboy

Raheem Sterling on 08:26 - Jul 9 by wkj

Why? , Just why?
Raheem Sterling on 08:29 - Jul 9 with 1953 viewsWallingford_Boy

Just doesn’t seem to care.. so frustrating!

RIP Sir Bobby

Raheem Sterling on 09:26 - Jul 9 with 1827 viewsTractorCam

Raheem Sterling on 20:46 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 9:26]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Raheem Sterling on 09:56 - Jul 9 with 1734 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Immediately reminded me of this classic from June that has aged like an over ripe banana.

What on earth is wrong with Southgate? by mylittletown 13 Jun 2021 12:46
A right back at left back, when Shaw has been in storming form. Grealish not picked when Sterling has been hopelessly out of form, two holding midfielders when that system has been proven not to work time after time.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Raheem Sterling on 10:01 - Jul 9 with 1720 viewsSwansea_Blue

Raheem Sterling on 06:57 - Jul 9 by blueconscience

We will never win gold in diving when competing against the likes of Italy.

It’ going to be close isn’t it. They’ve got the Roll Around As Long As Someone Is Looking gold medal in the bag. We’ve got a good chance in the Going Down In Stages Whilst Trying to Find Contact event though.

Raheem Sterling on 10:41 - Jul 9 with 1623 views1RWR

Raheem Sterling on 08:29 - Jul 9 by Oldboy

Why? , Just why?

Have none of you seen him play, integral part of the England team for heavens sake!
Is this national ‘let’s be a lemon day’ or what?

Born'n'bred in Suffolk & damn proud of it!

Raheem Sterling on 11:59 - Jul 9 with 1534 viewsBarcaBlue

Rich man's Bennetts apparently, Drinan would have scored the penalty too without all the faffing around with rebounds.
Raheem Sterling (n/t) on 12:08 - Jul 9 with 1510 viewsSwansea_Blue

Raheem Sterling (n/t) on 08:29 - Jul 9 by GeoffSentence

I think you are.

I believe this is a reflecting on the media questioning his inclusion in the first place. What was especially funny was that BBC reported if he thought he had justified his place in the team right after he had scored against Croatia. The look he gave her was priceless. Though I think she was probably just giving him a chance to tell his doubters where to stick it.

[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 8:34]

He's been great, an exceptionally good player. I'd go as far to say that him, Kane and Walker are our 3 top, top class players. Maybe that's a bit harsh on Mcguire who's not far off that level and has been an absolute beast in both boxes.

Raheem Sterling on 12:11 - Jul 9 with 1496 viewstimothyeo

Comfortably our best player in this tournament.
Raheem Sterling on 12:21 - Jul 9 with 1465 viewsclive_baker

Appreciate your comment was tongue in cheek, but it's mad that his selection in the squad was every being questioned to be honest, and that's not being smart after the event. OK he's not had the best season at City, by his own very high standards, but he still scored 14 goals last season as well as winning the Premier League and reaching a Champions League Final. Not the personal return of prior seasons where he's consistently scored 20+, but still not to be sniffed at.

The blokes in and around his prime at 26 years old, valuable experience with 60 odd England caps under his belt, and rarely let his country down. He's now only a few goals away from breaking into the top 20 England scorers ever, and who would bet against him going even higher in time. All of that amongst adversity and a vocal and unfairly negative press attitude towards the guy, from a very young age.

Good on him. Class player, and has been consistently for years now. Not knocking Grealish, but it's funny how the press are so quick to big him up and mask over his wrongdoings, but Sterling can't ever seem to win, despite achieving far more at a similar age. Wonder why that could be...
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 12:21]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Raheem Sterling on 13:20 - Jul 9 with 1346 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Raheem Sterling on 10:41 - Jul 9 by 1RWR

Have none of you seen him play, integral part of the England team for heavens sake!

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Raheem Sterling on 15:08 - Jul 9 with 1221 viewsOldboy

Raheem Sterling on 10:41 - Jul 9 by 1RWR

Oh dear.
Raheem Sterling on 15:55 - Jul 9 with 1153 viewsfarkenhell

Raheem Sterling on 15:08 - Jul 9 by Oldboy

Oh dear.

To be fair, that was much too good for a whoosh!
Raheem Sterling on 16:08 - Jul 9 with 1126 viewsDarkHorse

Raheem Sterling on 12:21 - Jul 9 by clive_baker

Appreciate your comment was tongue in cheek, but it's mad that his selection in the squad was every being questioned to be honest, and that's not being smart after the event. OK he's not had the best season at City, by his own very high standards, but he still scored 14 goals last season as well as winning the Premier League and reaching a Champions League Final. Not the personal return of prior seasons where he's consistently scored 20+, but still not to be sniffed at.

The blokes in and around his prime at 26 years old, valuable experience with 60 odd England caps under his belt, and rarely let his country down. He's now only a few goals away from breaking into the top 20 England scorers ever, and who would bet against him going even higher in time. All of that amongst adversity and a vocal and unfairly negative press attitude towards the guy, from a very young age.

Good on him. Class player, and has been consistently for years now. Not knocking Grealish, but it's funny how the press are so quick to big him up and mask over his wrongdoings, but Sterling can't ever seem to win, despite achieving far more at a similar age. Wonder why that could be...
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 12:21]

Spot on.

On the subject of Grealish, he's obviously very talented, but if he does get a move to a bigger club he's going to need to move the ball a lot quicker. Although I've wanted Gareth to play a more attacking side, I can see why Jack's had limited time.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 16:09]
Raheem Sterling on 16:10 - Jul 9 with 1111 viewsitfcjoe

Raheem Sterling on 16:08 - Jul 9 by DarkHorse

Spot on.

On the subject of Grealish, he's obviously very talented, but if he does get a move to a bigger club he's going to need to move the ball a lot quicker. Although I've wanted Gareth to play a more attacking side, I can see why Jack's had limited time.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 16:09]

Grealish just not good enough of the ball in certain situations - a move to a top club where he has to learn that would be brilliant for both him and the England side

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Raheem Sterling on 16:24 - Jul 9 with 1068 viewswkj

Raheem Sterling on 16:10 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

Grealish just not good enough of the ball in certain situations - a move to a top club where he has to learn that would be brilliant for both him and the England side

Grealish has vastly outgrown Villa. I see him fitting in at Spurs.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024