Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) 11:49 - Apr 19 with 1971 viewsSamWhiteUK

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 11:50 - Apr 19 with 1952 viewsKieran_Knows

For what purpose exactly?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 11:50 - Apr 19 with 1951 viewsclive_baker

What’s the point if he can’t come on?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 11:59 - Apr 19 with 1895 viewsmonty_radio

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 11:50 - Apr 19 by Kieran_Knows

For what purpose exactly?

In case it tips up if someone gets off the other end?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 11:59 - Apr 19 with 1889 viewsPhilTWTD

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 11:50 - Apr 19 by clive_baker

He could, the clause only referred to starts.
Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:01 - Apr 19 with 1876 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 11:50 - Apr 19 by clive_baker

Might be the wording but the article here says he had made 29 starts and one more would trigger the extension, so potentially sub appearances would be ok?

Judge to Play No Further Part as Contract Extension Not Activated 15th Apr 2021 22:21
Midfielder Alan Judge will not feature again this season having been told the Blues will not be taking up the one-year extension on his deal which would have been triggered automatically had he played one more game. 77

Obviously a pretty sh*tty way to handle it though and unlikely to be received well either

EDIT: damn that PhilTWTD chap beating me to it
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 12:02]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:05 - Apr 19 with 1846 viewsmaccyd9

The issue was if he was to get injured then the club have an obligation to support him through his rehab. The club don't want to be tied to a non contracted player.

Makes perfect sense.
Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:06 - Apr 19 with 1835 viewswkj

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:05 - Apr 19 by maccyd9

The issue was if he was to get injured then the club have an obligation to support him through his rehab. The club don't want to be tied to a non contracted player.

Makes perfect sense.

Maybe they could have kept him on to weed the stands or something.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:08 - Apr 19 with 1816 viewsNthQldITFC

I rather think that might be a jest, m'lord?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:15 - Apr 19 with 1790 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:05 - Apr 19 by maccyd9

Makes perfect sense.

That's the case for half the squad.

Looks like its simply a case of Cook not rating him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:25 - Apr 19 with 1758 viewsKeno

I dont think he is big enough for many people to sit on?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:33 - Apr 19 with 1727 viewsGarv

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:01 - Apr 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Might be the wording but the article here says he had made 29 starts and one more would trigger the extension, so potentially sub appearances would be ok?

Judge to Play No Further Part as Contract Extension Not Activated 15th Apr 2021 22:21
Midfielder Alan Judge will not feature again this season having been told the Blues will not be taking up the one-year extension on his deal which would have been triggered automatically had he played one more game. 77

Obviously a pretty sh*tty way to handle it though and unlikely to be received well either

Sounds like an element of it comes down to not wanting Judge to get a bad injury and the club be liable or at least duty bound to look after him after his contract ends. Suits Judge in a way too.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:54 - Apr 19 with 1662 viewsJ2BLUE

Why bother? Cook doesn't want him next season and was being diplomatic. It makes no sense to keep him for the bench.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 13:01 - Apr 19 with 1624 viewsKeaneish

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:01 - Apr 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Thought it was handled well and sends a clear message to the squad. Probably the sort of stern approach we need in the current climate.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 13:06 - Apr 19 with 1615 viewsSwansea_Blue

I must admit I didn't quite understand PC's glowing comments in the context of letting him go. If Judge was prepared to waive the clause, surely the injury point would apply to anyone coming to the end of their contract this season. Judge is also far from one of the worse players.

Presumably this is an implicit admission by PC that they've given up on making the playoffs? Judge's experience would have been valuable to a last gasp push imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 13:12 - Apr 19 with 1586 viewsIpswichKnight

Ipswich fans after Wimbledon defeat - sack them or release them all

Ipswich release a player

Ipswich fans - can’t we keep him.

None of this squad is good enough to get us out of this league the sooner we can bin as many of them as possible the better.
Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 13:42 - Apr 19 with 1520 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 12:33 - Apr 19 by Garv

Sounds like an element of it comes down to not wanting Judge to get a bad injury and the club be liable or at least duty bound to look after him after his contract ends. Suits Judge in a way too.

Maybe but then that logic would apply to anyone outside of plans for next season which would mean 20+ players not being played

Thus suspect it is much more simply the fact that we have no intention of triggering the renewal so rather than mess around with a halfway house of only using him from the bench we’ve just taken the decision to move on

As far as Cook goes I’m very much in the camp that’s disappointed/underwhelmed with his start and somewhat bemused that people once again seem to be w*nking themselves silly over press conferences, but remaining hopeful that his track record shows he’s the right man and will be able to rebuild us in the Summer. And decisive moves like this do at least give credence that there is a plan, unlike say the whole ‘Knudsen won’t be here long term so I’m not going to play him so have instead brought in a short term loanee...oh actually he was sh*t so Knudsen is back in’ shenanigans we had in a similar situation with his predecessor

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 13:43 - Apr 19 with 1511 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 13:01 - Apr 19 by Keaneish

Thought it was handled well and sends a clear message to the squad. Probably the sort of stern approach we need in the current climate.

Yep agreed, as per above response to Garv

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 13:48 - Apr 19 with 1497 viewsclive_baker

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 11:59 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

He could, the clause only referred to starts.

Oh fair enough, yes in that case it does feel a little odd. Might as well have kept him around the place I would've thought. If the season was officially dead that's one thing, but if by some miracle we fluked our way to Wembley then he would've been worth having on the bench surely.

Moot point anyway as that's not happening.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 17:22 - Apr 19 with 1365 viewsBlueBadger

We've already got Harrop if we want to bring on an ineffective 'well, we're settling for 0-0 again' midfielder?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 17:26 - Apr 19 with 1352 viewsPhilTWTD

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 13:48 - Apr 19 by clive_baker

Oh fair enough, yes in that case it does feel a little odd. Might as well have kept him around the place I would've thought. If the season was officially dead that's one thing, but if by some miracle we fluked our way to Wembley then he would've been worth having on the bench surely.

Moot point anyway as that's not happening.

Would have been a bit of an odd state of affairs as well, someone being in the squad but not being able to start as the manager's decided he doesn't have you in his plans.
Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 20:30 - Apr 19 with 1225 viewsGarv

Couldn't we have kept Judge for the bench? (n/t) on 13:42 - Apr 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Maybe but then that logic would apply to anyone outside of plans for next season which would mean 20+ players not being played

Thus suspect it is much more simply the fact that we have no intention of triggering the renewal so rather than mess around with a halfway house of only using him from the bench we’ve just taken the decision to move on

As far as Cook goes I’m very much in the camp that’s disappointed/underwhelmed with his start and somewhat bemused that people once again seem to be w*nking themselves silly over press conferences, but remaining hopeful that his track record shows he’s the right man and will be able to rebuild us in the Summer. And decisive moves like this do at least give credence that there is a plan, unlike say the whole ‘Knudsen won’t be here long term so I’m not going to play him so have instead brought in a short term loanee...oh actually he was sh*t so Knudsen is back in’ shenanigans we had in a similar situation with his predecessor

Maybe the rest of them have all got the chance, albeit slight chance, of earning a contract during the final few games? If no one else has this silly threshold of games started that will trigger a new deal.

While I don't want many of them to stay, there's probably an argument for each of them individually to get another chance. Someone like Huws is another story, because where has he been?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024