Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) 10:49 - Feb 10 with 7047 viewsJackPITFC

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 10:49]
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:52 - Feb 10 with 2032 viewsJ2BLUE

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 11:46 - Feb 10 by J2BLUE

I’m really not sure it is inevitable you know. You haven’t found a friend yet and time is running out...

A downvote jeera? How could you?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:52 - Feb 10 with 2032 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 11:07 - Feb 10 by ITFCBlues

Is it fair to assume that the reason a decision has not been made yet is because there must be a clause somewhere that means we will pay less compensation?

Not sure that situation will change in the short term and I expect an exit relatively soon if things don't improve.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:53 - Feb 10 with 2018 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 11:06 - Feb 10 by abracaDOBRA_

How near Phil? Weeks, months?

Cant help but feel he'll be here for the rest of the season sadly

I'm thinking weeks if things don't improve. I'm guessing Marcus will make a move before things get impossible for the new manager.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:53 - Feb 10 with 2011 viewsjeera

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:52 - Feb 10 by J2BLUE

A downvote jeera? How could you?

You were being mean.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:54 - Feb 10 with 1988 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 11:08 - Feb 10 by JackPITFC

How near though, that's the issue nobody has a bloody clue what's going on.

Complete mess we're in.

P.S keep up the great work Phil

Think that depends on how results progress, obviously the January signings were the last throw of the dice. If an improvement isn't shown sooner rather than later then a change will be made.

PS: Cheers.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:56 - Feb 10 with 1963 viewsJ2BLUE

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:53 - Feb 10 by jeera

You were being mean.

Aww mate, you're my friend

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:56 - Feb 10 with 1963 viewsMrTown

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:52 - Feb 10 by PhilTWTD

Not sure that situation will change in the short term and I expect an exit relatively soon if things don't improve.

It's the hope that kills you.

He ain't going anywhere yet. ST renewals aren't due.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:57 - Feb 10 with 1952 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 11:08 - Feb 10 by Guthrum

Question is, how much further back does every decent result (such as Saturday) push it in comparison?

I think it would need consistent positive results rather than one or two to save PL for the longer term, but agree a couple of decent results put things back to some degree. The next two look winnable as they're not against top teams, but if we don't start beating top teams we'll be drifting further away even after winning games against the strugglers.
Login to get fewer ads

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:58 - Feb 10 with 1935 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:56 - Feb 10 by MrTown

It's the hope that kills you.

He ain't going anywhere yet. ST renewals aren't due.

And they'll wait as long as they can before putting those out, for a variety of reasons.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:59 - Feb 10 with 1911 viewsStokieBlue

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:57 - Feb 10 by PhilTWTD

I think it would need consistent positive results rather than one or two to save PL for the longer term, but agree a couple of decent results put things back to some degree. The next two look winnable as they're not against top teams, but if we don't start beating top teams we'll be drifting further away even after winning games against the strugglers.

Shrewsbury are favourites with the bookies for Saturday.

2.5 vs 3.1

Given their recent record that seems pretty generous.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:03 - Feb 10 with 1863 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 11:08 - Feb 10 by footers

That wouldn't sound out of place in a fortune cookie. Maybe a new sideline for you, Phil.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 11:08]

Surely that would be better in a misfortune cookie.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:07 - Feb 10 with 1822 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:59 - Feb 10 by StokieBlue

Shrewsbury are favourites with the bookies for Saturday.

2.5 vs 3.1

Given their recent record that seems pretty generous.

SB

They did beat Sunderland last night and Peterborough in their previous home match, so perhaps not a surprise. Should be the type of game we ought to win though.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:09 - Feb 10 with 1796 viewsJackSted

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:07 - Feb 10 by PhilTWTD

They did beat Sunderland last night and Peterborough in their previous home match, so perhaps not a surprise. Should be the type of game we ought to win though.

And we probably will, except it'll be a lucky 1-0 win and everyone will think we've turned a corner

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:13 - Feb 10 with 1749 viewshadleighboyblue

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:54 - Feb 10 by PhilTWTD

Think that depends on how results progress, obviously the January signings were the last throw of the dice. If an improvement isn't shown sooner rather than later then a change will be made.

PS: Cheers.

not much point having new signings like Matheson play well and rest them after one good game !

Phil surely ME can see there is no way back for Lambert , if he acts now , we could still save our season .

The manager's attitude stinks , he is doing untold harm to ITFC
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:14 - Feb 10 with 1742 viewslazyblue

If certain people have already been sounded out I guess they don’t want to wait too long.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:32 - Feb 10 with 1672 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 14:53 - Feb 10 by PhilTWTD

I'm thinking weeks if things don't improve. I'm guessing Marcus will make a move before things get impossible for the new manager.

Do you think Marcus is aware of PL refusing to do press? Surely that's a massive decider when a manager is disrespecting one of his main job roles?
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:35 - Feb 10 with 1652 viewsPeteITFC

Marcus Evans must be a bit silly not to realise that things wont improve and never will under lambert. Especially after all the transfer windows he has had as manager too
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:40 - Feb 10 with 1628 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:13 - Feb 10 by hadleighboyblue

not much point having new signings like Matheson play well and rest them after one good game !

Phil surely ME can see there is no way back for Lambert , if he acts now , we could still save our season .

The manager's attitude stinks , he is doing untold harm to ITFC

I actually wasn't surprised that Matheson and Kenlock were rested given their lack of games this season, even if the set-up we used with the width coming from the full-backs would have suited them more than LC and SW.

ME is giving him as long as he possibly can. I think he'll probably act while he still believes there is a chance of saving the season.

I can't disagree with the latter. I thought the piece in Backpass that someone sent me that I put on Twitter was an interesting illustration of how others see us at the moment.

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:42 - Feb 10 with 1608 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:09 - Feb 10 by JackSted

And we probably will, except it'll be a lucky 1-0 win and everyone will think we've turned a corner

I don't think anyone will think we've turned a corner until we beat someone in the upper reaches of the division, and oughtn't to until we've beaten several of them.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:43 - Feb 10 with 1597 viewsitfcjoe

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:40 - Feb 10 by PhilTWTD

I actually wasn't surprised that Matheson and Kenlock were rested given their lack of games this season, even if the set-up we used with the width coming from the full-backs would have suited them more than LC and SW.

ME is giving him as long as he possibly can. I think he'll probably act while he still believes there is a chance of saving the season.

I can't disagree with the latter. I thought the piece in Backpass that someone sent me that I put on Twitter was an interesting illustration of how others see us at the moment.

I think it'll just come out of nowhere at some point - the sad thing for me is we've become an irrelevance in the 3rd tier.

If you listen to the D3D4 podcast, or NTT20, or Totally Football League Show......we just don't get a mention.....other than every few weeks with an incredulity that nothing has changed here with the managerial position.

But game to game we are an irrelevance in the 3rd tier of English football, with a hugely resourced squad and management team comparatively

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:43 - Feb 10 with 1596 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:32 - Feb 10 by abracaDOBRA_

Do you think Marcus is aware of PL refusing to do press? Surely that's a massive decider when a manager is disrespecting one of his main job roles?

I'm sure he is. Certainly doesn't help the club's public image, as per the Backpass piece I posted elsewhere in this thread.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:49 - Feb 10 with 1546 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:43 - Feb 10 by itfcjoe

I think it'll just come out of nowhere at some point - the sad thing for me is we've become an irrelevance in the 3rd tier.

If you listen to the D3D4 podcast, or NTT20, or Totally Football League Show......we just don't get a mention.....other than every few weeks with an incredulity that nothing has changed here with the managerial position.

But game to game we are an irrelevance in the 3rd tier of English football, with a hugely resourced squad and management team comparatively

I think it'll be a few weeks rather than months if things continue as they are. The signings were the last throw of the dice and ME previously cited injuries as the cause of the autumn slump. If form stays the same with the signings and injured players back, then that will spell the end.

And I'm sure ME has already had one eye on a change for a while anyway, as per previous posts, other managers have been sounded out to some degree, Pearson, Harris, the Cowleys and Cook at various points over the last few months.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:51 - Feb 10 with 1530 viewsDyland

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:43 - Feb 10 by itfcjoe

It is abject, and solely in football terms, a disgrace.

Shame on Evans and his lack of action. Lambert went beyond just being Jewellesque i.e. crap at managing, a long time ago. His behaviour stinks. He lost the plot irredeemably ages ago. How the fook is Evans a successful businessman?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:54 - Feb 10 with 1495 viewsfooters

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:51 - Feb 10 by Dyland

It is abject, and solely in football terms, a disgrace.

Shame on Evans and his lack of action. Lambert went beyond just being Jewellesque i.e. crap at managing, a long time ago. His behaviour stinks. He lost the plot irredeemably ages ago. How the fook is Evans a successful businessman?

There's definitely something to be said for not bowing to short-termism, in business and in football. But the problem Evans has is that every manager bar Mick that he's hired is pony and underserving of that time. But I do think giving managers a chance to see their plans through is a good thing to do in the main, even if results don't come instantly.

But this is a far cry from that.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:54 - Feb 10 with 1490 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Too late then!

Sign the petition for action now! , Phil please let me know If you want the TWTD ref removed.

http://chng.it/vHYVT58Mj6
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 15:55]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024