Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) 10:49 - Feb 10 with 7046 viewsJackPITFC

[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 10:49]
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:54 - Feb 10 with 843 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:43 - Feb 10 by itfcjoe

I think it'll just come out of nowhere at some point - the sad thing for me is we've become an irrelevance in the 3rd tier.

If you listen to the D3D4 podcast, or NTT20, or Totally Football League Show......we just don't get a mention.....other than every few weeks with an incredulity that nothing has changed here with the managerial position.

But game to game we are an irrelevance in the 3rd tier of English football, with a hugely resourced squad and management team comparatively

Me too. It will probably come after we win or something and are least expecting it
I totally agree (n/t) on 15:55 - Feb 10 with 840 viewsDyland

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:54 - Feb 10 by footers

There's definitely something to be said for not bowing to short-termism, in business and in football. But the problem Evans has is that every manager bar Mick that he's hired is pony and underserving of that time. But I do think giving managers a chance to see their plans through is a good thing to do in the main, even if results don't come instantly.

But this is a far cry from that.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Get Pearson in. That'd ruffle their feathers. (n/t) on 15:57 - Feb 10 with 827 viewsfooters

I totally agree (n/t) on 15:55 - Feb 10 by Dyland

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:58 - Feb 10 with 816 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:54 - Feb 10 by footers

There's definitely something to be said for not bowing to short-termism, in business and in football. But the problem Evans has is that every manager bar Mick that he's hired is pony and underserving of that time. But I do think giving managers a chance to see their plans through is a good thing to do in the main, even if results don't come instantly.

But this is a far cry from that.

Yes, there's a difference between giving a manager time and flogging a dead horse.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 16:05 - Feb 10 with 745 viewshype313

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:58 - Feb 10 by PhilTWTD

Yes, there's a difference between giving a manager time and flogging a dead horse.

Trouble is, this dead horse isn't worthy of ending up in a Tesco Lasagna.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 16:07 - Feb 10 with 728 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:54 - Feb 10 by BlueandTruesince82

Too late then!

Sign the petition for action now! , Phil please let me know If you want the TWTD ref removed.

http://chng.it/vHYVT58Mj6
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 15:55]

That's fine, although it's a press conference ban rather than a wholesale ban.
Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 16:18 - Feb 10 with 665 viewsjayessess

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 15:58 - Feb 10 by PhilTWTD

Not sure there's much evidence for "giving the manager time" as a successful strategy either, tbh. Very rare for a manager to turn around a bad 6 months.

Better rule is probably "demand modest progress or stabilisation, accept some temporary decline if there's already some credit in the bank".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Phil are we any closer to the inevitable (n/t) on 16:58 - Feb 10 with 561 viewsMonkeyAlan

Evans won't be told by the fans after the MM debacle. He is digging his heels in and to hell with STs. Stupid attitude, will cost him big time. But his choice. Evans you muppet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024