Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa 13:40 - Feb 5 with 3960 viewscarlisleaway

40 years ... Mariner, Marshall, Scowcroft, Kuqi, Wickham, Lee, D’Vray

What about Stewart and Bent just thinking of 2

Let us have your top 10
Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:41 - Feb 5 with 3053 viewsOsborneOneNil

Stewart and Bent were strikers, not target men.
Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:43 - Feb 5 with 3030 viewsHerbivore

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:41 - Feb 5 by OsborneOneNil

Stewart and Bent were strikers, not target men.

This.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:43 - Feb 5 with 3036 viewsParsley

I'd have Walters in there, seemed to get on the end of every goal kick
Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:44 - Feb 5 with 3024 viewsHerbivore

Murphy is a staggering omission from that list when you look at some who have been included.

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:46 - Feb 5 with 3019 viewssuffolkpoker

Ian Marshall is still one of my fav signings. Then he went on that run of scoring every game when he first signed. Followed by getting injured with a shopping trolley.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:47 - Feb 5 with 2997 viewsHerbivore

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:46 - Feb 5 by suffolkpoker

Ian Marshall is still one of my fav signings. Then he went on that run of scoring every game when he first signed. Followed by getting injured with a shopping trolley.

It's a shame he's a total berk.

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:48 - Feb 5 with 3003 viewsreusersfreekicks

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:44 - Feb 5 by Herbivore

Murphy is a staggering omission from that list when you look at some who have been included.

Wickham above him for his impact here is bizarre. Plus never really saw Wickham as a target man.
Craig Forrest.... on 13:51 - Feb 5 with 2976 viewsBloots

....smashing it long to Steve Whitton's head was key to our promotion under John Lyall.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:52 - Feb 5 with 2979 viewssuffolkpoker

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:47 - Feb 5 by Herbivore

It's a shame he's a total berk.

I meet him a couple of times when i done my work experince at Megazone. Always seemed nice enough back then.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:58 - Feb 5 with 2960 viewsclive_baker

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:48 - Feb 5 by reusersfreekicks

Wickham above him for his impact here is bizarre. Plus never really saw Wickham as a target man.

Quite right. I can't think of many target men who have contributed more than Murphy in the past 15 years to be honest.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 14:05 - Feb 5 with 2934 viewslazyblue

Stewart and Bent were not target men
Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 14:06 - Feb 5 with 2934 viewsNthQldITFC

Would it be fair to say that Steve Whitton was a wide target man?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 14:14 - Feb 5 with 2905 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 14:06 - Feb 5 by NthQldITFC

He wasn't too bad at the time, but he's put on a bit of weight since.

(Yes, it would).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 14:45 - Feb 5 with 2857 viewsHerbivore

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:52 - Feb 5 by suffolkpoker

I meet him a couple of times when i done my work experince at Megazone. Always seemed nice enough back then.

Whatever you do, don't look at his twitter feed.

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 14:58 - Feb 5 with 2844 viewsDinnernotTea

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:46 - Feb 5 by suffolkpoker

One of the best forwards we've had in the last 30 years. Criminally not talked about. Marshall bagged 5 goals in his first 5 games in the Prem for us, no other player in Prem history has that record.

The M&M partnership was something else, Marshall Mathie. Marshall has such a good footballing brain too.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 14:59 - Feb 5 with 2834 viewsGlasgowBlue

No place for Rory Fallon?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 15:04 - Feb 5 with 2831 viewsPique

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 14:58 - Feb 5 by DinnernotTea

One of the best forwards we've had in the last 30 years. Criminally not talked about. Marshall bagged 5 goals in his first 5 games in the Prem for us, no other player in Prem history has that record.

The M&M partnership was something else, Marshall Mathie. Marshall has such a good footballing brain too.

I also loved the M&M partnership. Mathie one of our most underrated players of the last few decades IMO.

Burley’s first permanent signing, if I remember correctly?
Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 15:18 - Feb 5 with 2789 viewsBlueBadger

Bear in mind he had Carlos Edwards down as one of our best-ever wingers here.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 15:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 15:27 - Feb 5 with 2778 viewsblueislander

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 15:18 - Feb 5 by BlueBadger

Bear in mind he had Carlos Edwards down as one of our best-ever wingers here.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 15:28]

Guess the 40 year barrier rules out Whymark who was the best we ever had, and Rod Belfitt who would be in the top 5. There is an argument that Mariner was not really a target man.
Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 15:37 - Feb 5 with 2757 viewsPJH

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 15:27 - Feb 5 by blueislander

Guess the 40 year barrier rules out Whymark who was the best we ever had, and Rod Belfitt who would be in the top 5. There is an argument that Mariner was not really a target man.

Yes Whymark was certainly the best that I have seen for ITFC.

I liked Belfitt too and it seemed a disaster when he went and we signed the relatively unknown David Johnson. Different sort of player but Johnson was not too bad either.
Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 16:09 - Feb 5 with 2716 viewsHerbivore

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 15:04 - Feb 5 by Pique

I also loved the M&M partnership. Mathie one of our most underrated players of the last few decades IMO.

Burley’s first permanent signing, if I remember correctly?

Mathie was a miraculous player in many ways. He wasn't really very quick, or particularly good in the air. He didn't really look like a professional athlete. And yet he had an uncanny knack of scoring goals, and quite a variety of goals as well. Clearly had excellent movement and a good footballing brain.

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 16:33 - Feb 5 with 2693 viewstextbackup

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 13:44 - Feb 5 by Herbivore

Murphy, that one season, really was Micks special power wasn't he, turned so many aimless hoofs into a chance, and/or goal.... was rather telling how down hill we went when he wasn't on his game.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 19:56 - Feb 5 with 2565 viewsistanblue

Wickham wasn't really a target man. Often played out wide when he was with us. Also where's Leon Best on that list?
Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 22:54 - Feb 5 with 2442 viewsRonFearonsHair

Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 14:06 - Feb 5 by NthQldITFC

Adam Proudlock was the widest.
Anyone read today’s EADT and seen Carl Marstons top 7 target men during the pa on 23:06 - Feb 5 with 2426 viewsN2_Blue

Stewart...a target man.....the guy would be offended!

My favourite Town player of the last 20 years...had everything...but most definitely not a target man!

But seriously....MURPHY...how can this guy not be in the list!?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 23:07]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024