Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day 09:16 - Dec 2 with 4070 viewsKeno

What is your oddest, possibly trivial achievement that you are really proud of

Me - I walked round the end of Worthing Pier at low tide one day a few summers ago

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:17 - Dec 2 with 1896 viewshype313

I tried battenburg once.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:18 - Dec 2 with 1902 viewsartsbossbeard

Rubik's Cube: 21 Seconds

1984, year fans.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:19 - Dec 2 with 1891 viewsChondzoresk

In 1994 I was part of a team who sold a pair of Vases to the Sultan of Brunai...for a serious amount of money. Is that trivial?
Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:20 - Dec 2 with 1882 viewsSwansea_Blue

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:18 - Dec 2 by artsbossbeard

Rubik's Cube: 21 Seconds

1984, year fans.

Pah, I think it only took me 15 seconds to buy mine.

Still never completed it though. I did start learning it with my lada few years ago, but a lack of concentration and patience soon put an end to that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:21 - Dec 2 with 1874 viewsChondzoresk

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:20 - Dec 2 by Swansea_Blue

Pah, I think it only took me 15 seconds to buy mine.

Still never completed it though. I did start learning it with my lada few years ago, but a lack of concentration and patience soon put an end to that.

Took me even less with a sledgehammer
Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:24 - Dec 2 with 1868 viewsitfcpaul

I played keyboards for A Flock Of Seagulls at Salford University when their keyboard player was late, only 3 songs but hey...

Also supported OMD with my band in 1979 at Sheffield Limit Club and Big Country at the Bierkeller in Sheffield

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:26 - Dec 2 with 1847 viewsGeoffSentence

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:19 - Dec 2 by Chondzoresk

In 1994 I was part of a team who sold a pair of Vases to the Sultan of Brunai...for a serious amount of money. Is that trivial?

I have a friend of a friend story related to the Sultan of Brunei.

My best man's sister crashed into the Sultan's sister's entourage as it emerged from the palace in Brunei. Not serious, but enough for her to be jailed and for my best man to have to 'bail'* her out.

*bribe the police.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:26 - Dec 2 with 1847 viewsKeno

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:24 - Dec 2 by itfcpaul

I played keyboards for A Flock Of Seagulls at Salford University when their keyboard player was late, only 3 songs but hey...

Also supported OMD with my band in 1979 at Sheffield Limit Club and Big Country at the Bierkeller in Sheffield

woah!!

Annoying, cos I bottled think thinking my work mates would take the p1ss, I gave up the chance to play cornet on evening in the Ray NcVey Band at a big dinner dance thing

Login to get fewer ads

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:27 - Dec 2 with 1837 viewsNthQldITFC

14 (fourteen) consecutive fart-steps.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:28 - Dec 2 with 1832 viewsWD19

I won a district quiz when I was in the boy scouts.

....and scored the winning penalty in a 5-a-side.

....and pulled the district commanders daughter.

Combined these must sum to almost 1 achievement point.
Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:29 - Dec 2 with 1820 viewsKeno

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:28 - Dec 2 by WD19

I won a district quiz when I was in the boy scouts.

....and scored the winning penalty in a 5-a-side.

....and pulled the district commanders daughter.

Combined these must sum to almost 1 achievement point.

depends on what the district commanders daughter was like?

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:31 - Dec 2 with 1811 viewsfactual_blue

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:17 - Dec 2 by hype313

I tried battenburg once.

That explains a lot about you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:34 - Dec 2 with 1804 viewsKTBlue

I have two quite low grade celeb "achievements". Kissed Michaela Strachan, and in an unrelated incident, i somehow got in a fight with blue peter presenter Tim Vincent, only for John Leslie to break it up.
Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:34 - Dec 2 with 1801 viewsWD19

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:29 - Dec 2 by Keno

depends on what the district commanders daughter was like?

The only girl on the campsite.

Probably best I leave it there.
Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:36 - Dec 2 with 1785 viewsKeno

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:34 - Dec 2 by KTBlue

I have two quite low grade celeb "achievements". Kissed Michaela Strachan, and in an unrelated incident, i somehow got in a fight with blue peter presenter Tim Vincent, only for John Leslie to break it up.

I am sure there is a Netflix series in there somewhere

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:43 - Dec 2 with 1776 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I became manager of a Primary School football team that hadn't won a match in living memory. Two of the kids (my sons, one of them playing three years up) played for teams in the local kids league, the others didn't. One boy played rugby. I put him in goal, and banned anyone from criticising him, ever. Immediate substitution if anyone moaned at him.

I put the two hardest kids in the school at centre half and centre midfield. I told them that all these posh kids from the other schools would be scared of them.

I found out that one of the boys could throw-in almost the length of the (6 a-side kids) pitch. There were no offsides. Whenever we got a throw-in in our half he was to throw it behind their defence so our striker could run onto it.

Basically, I turned them into a mini-Wise and Fashanu era Wimbledon dogs of war.

Ended the season with 4 wins, 3 defeats and 4 draws.

Best of all, in one match, the goalkeeper made a save and punted the ball upfield, it bounced high, went over the opposition goalkeeper and in! The whole team piled on him, and then all the subs ran onto the pitch and jumped on, too.

Such an expression of team spirit, and I was so proud that I had created it.
Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:44 - Dec 2 with 1763 viewshomer_123

I can type at over 100 wods pr minte, a hck of a skl

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:45 - Dec 2 with 1755 viewsKTBlue

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:36 - Dec 2 by Keno

I am sure there is a Netflix series in there somewhere

ha, yes, though probably britbox or whatever it's called. Which is also probably the name of a twitter account featuring people like the aforementioned Michaela Strachan.
Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:45 - Dec 2 with 1751 viewsDubtractor

As part of a summer job in the early 90s I helped load boxes of french beans onto Roger Osborne's truck.

More a crap claim to fame than an achievement, but its all I've got.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:46 - Dec 2 with 1740 viewsKeno

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:43 - Dec 2 by ArnoldMoorhen

I became manager of a Primary School football team that hadn't won a match in living memory. Two of the kids (my sons, one of them playing three years up) played for teams in the local kids league, the others didn't. One boy played rugby. I put him in goal, and banned anyone from criticising him, ever. Immediate substitution if anyone moaned at him.

I put the two hardest kids in the school at centre half and centre midfield. I told them that all these posh kids from the other schools would be scared of them.

I found out that one of the boys could throw-in almost the length of the (6 a-side kids) pitch. There were no offsides. Whenever we got a throw-in in our half he was to throw it behind their defence so our striker could run onto it.

Basically, I turned them into a mini-Wise and Fashanu era Wimbledon dogs of war.

Ended the season with 4 wins, 3 defeats and 4 draws.

Best of all, in one match, the goalkeeper made a save and punted the ball upfield, it bounced high, went over the opposition goalkeeper and in! The whole team piled on him, and then all the subs ran onto the pitch and jumped on, too.

Such an expression of team spirit, and I was so proud that I had created it.

do you fancy a new job?

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:50 - Dec 2 with 1719 viewsandytown

Got 180 once playing darts in the local.
Also cricket bowling figures of 9-9-0-4
The opposition weren’t very good.
Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:57 - Dec 2 with 1693 viewsHerbivore

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:50 - Dec 2 by andytown

Got 180 once playing darts in the local.
Also cricket bowling figures of 9-9-0-4
The opposition weren’t very good.

I've also managed to hit a 180 once. Never replicated it. It was a really spawny 180 as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 10:02 - Dec 2 with 1697 viewsNthQldITFC

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 09:57 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

I've also managed to hit a 180 once. Never replicated it. It was a really spawny 180 as well.

One off the ceiling.
One off the barmaid's earring.
And the last one by mistake, going for the bull for a 170 check out?

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 10:08 - Dec 2 with 1677 viewsfabian_illness

I won the Pontins donkey derby in June 1981.
Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 10:09 - Dec 2 with 1668 viewsNthQldITFC

Come on forget Lamberk and Lee Hancock, lets lighten the day on 10:08 - Dec 2 by fabian_illness

I won the Pontins donkey derby in June 1981.

Who was the jockey?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024