Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watch England last night? 08:26 - Nov 13 with 1073 viewsJackPITFC

I know it was only against a fairly weak Republic of Ireland team, but i really enjoyed seeing the way that England played, in Particular James, Grealish, Mount, Mings, Pope all have played in the championship in recent times and too see the development to where they are now is remarkable.

Grealish really is a special player and a joy to watch, Southgate has to play him surely.
Anyone watch England last night? on 08:47 - Nov 13 with 1016 viewsMonkeyAlan

He will put all the old guard back in for Belgium. We wont look half as good.
Anyone watch England last night? on 09:00 - Nov 13 with 992 viewsOldsmoker

What came across to me was that England weren't scared of the ROI and wanted to 'ave a go.
Our usual game is to 'respect' the opposition, which looks like we're too scared to try anything, ending up being predictable and there for the taking.
I've no doubt England will revert to the usual boring style against Belgium.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anyone watch England last night? on 09:05 - Nov 13 with 970 viewsitfcjoe

Grealish went off relatively early, and Rashford isn't available for next 2 so think he may get a deserved start

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone watch England last night? on 09:25 - Nov 13 with 925 viewsFtnfwest

Saw most of it and Ireland certainly seem to have picked up a mass defence approach from somewhere.... Wasn't vintage from England at all but 2 or 3 short periods had you thinking they could really get a hatful if they wanted to. Grealish off far too early although maybe that means he'll play him at the weekend. Isn't it Belgium away? Good opportunity as its a competitive game but only Nations League.
Anyone watch England last night? on 09:40 - Nov 13 with 899 viewsmikeybloo88

Anyone watch England last night? on 09:25 - Nov 13 by Ftnfwest

Saw most of it and Ireland certainly seem to have picked up a mass defence approach from somewhere.... Wasn't vintage from England at all but 2 or 3 short periods had you thinking they could really get a hatful if they wanted to. Grealish off far too early although maybe that means he'll play him at the weekend. Isn't it Belgium away? Good opportunity as its a competitive game but only Nations League.

Remind me again of when Ireland didn't have a mass defence approach...
Anyone watch England last night? on 09:51 - Nov 13 with 860 viewshoppy

4 players on the pitch in that game had been at Town as well...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone watch England last night? on 09:57 - Nov 13 with 835 viewsclive_baker

Definitely worth remembering that Ireland are pony, as you say.

But yes, very dominant performance and you felt we could've scored 7 or 8 if we needed to. The pool of young talent we have is remarkable really. Big job for Southgate to find the right blend, but bodes relatively well for the Euros.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone watch England last night? on 10:19 - Nov 13 with 782 viewsWickets

Yes Grealish is great unless he is playing against you . He has become one of those players that always makes himself available .
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone watch England last night? on 12:34 - Nov 13 with 699 viewsIpswichKnight

Still think Southgate is worried about our defending, we let Ireland in behind our full backs a bit to often and better teams would have been 2 up before we scored. I still think a 4-2-3 would work best for England however don’t think Southgate trusts his defence enough to play just 2 centre halves.

I really hope we play Grealish it does give us a different option from midfield.
Anyone watch England last night? on 12:48 - Nov 13 with 657 viewsnoggin

Anyone watch England last night? on 12:34 - Nov 13 by IpswichKnight

Still think Southgate is worried about our defending, we let Ireland in behind our full backs a bit to often and better teams would have been 2 up before we scored. I still think a 4-2-3 would work best for England however don’t think Southgate trusts his defence enough to play just 2 centre halves.

I really hope we play Grealish it does give us a different option from midfield.

You'd rather play with 10 men?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone watch England last night? on 12:49 - Nov 13 with 646 viewsMetal_Hacker

Yeah I said to my youngest lad who's a Chelsea supporter I really liked the look of James when I first saw him. Also seems Mount is turning into a quality player after seemingly going a little flat perhaps imo

Poll: If it were one or the other

Anyone watch England last night? on 12:51 - Nov 13 with 638 viewsIpswichKnight

Anyone watch England last night? on 12:48 - Nov 13 by noggin

You'd rather play with 10 men?

Oops fat fingers strike! Meant 4-2-1-3
Anyone watch England last night? on 13:46 - Nov 13 with 551 viewsjayessess

Different team with Grealish on, I thought. Has got that Zidane-like quality where he looks like he has a tonne of time and space even when surrounded by opposition defenders.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Anyone watch England last night? on 14:09 - Nov 13 with 497 viewstractordownsouth

This is what I'd start with if the Euros were tomorrow

Pope

TAA
Mings
Maguire
Chiwell

Henderson
Foden
Grealish

Sancho
Kane
Sterling

Harsh on Calvert-Lewin and Rashford to miss out but there's some good competition up front. Don't see how we can play 3 at the back against good sides because our CBs aren't suited to it.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024