Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave 08:00 - Nov 12 with 2980 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/london-playbook/politico-london-playbook-how-

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:16 - Nov 12 with 2543 viewsPlums

Boris is responsible for Vote Leave; he’ll sink with them. He’s a flag of convenience until the Brexit disaster is done and he’ll be out on his ear. The loss of +50k lives overseen by the worst and most incompetent and corrupt government in living memory will be his epitaph.
Shame on all the sheep who put them in this position of power.

We’re seeing the end of the cult, it’s just going to cost a few more people their lives while they fight it out. Despicable people.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 8:17]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:54 - Nov 12 with 2454 viewsbluelagos

If Cummings were to go, this would go down as a rather amazing week all in. Cant see it though, not with the Brexit deal being negotiated as we speak.

Whether he's still there in 3 months time though...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:01 - Nov 12 with 2437 viewsSteve_M

Two very obvious observations on all that:

1. What a bunch of self-interested coo nts.
2. It's not really surprise that a Vote Leave government, that won the referendum only with egregious lies and spin, is inept at governing.

The country is collateral damage beneath these overgrown public schoolboy egos.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:06 - Nov 12 with 2413 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:16 - Nov 12 by Plums

Boris is responsible for Vote Leave; he’ll sink with them. He’s a flag of convenience until the Brexit disaster is done and he’ll be out on his ear. The loss of +50k lives overseen by the worst and most incompetent and corrupt government in living memory will be his epitaph.

We’re seeing the end of the cult, it’s just going to cost a few more people their lives while they fight it out. Despicable people.

Boris strikes me as someone in a film who has used the mafia to get into a position of power, and now they will always control him - they will always want more, it will never be enough

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:12 - Nov 12 with 2399 viewsGuthrum

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:01 - Nov 12 by Steve_M

2. It's not really surprise that a Vote Leave government, that won the referendum only with egregious lies and spin, is inept at governing.

Like so many revolutionaries, Cummings et al are finding it's much easier to attack from the outside than running them from within.

Johnson at least has experience in a senior leadership role (as Mayor of London) and will naturally quickly tire once he's achieved his objective (becoming PM) and the shenanigans become more destructive than useful. Doubt he feels much geuine loyalty to them, especially as they all sound such prickly and foul-tempered personalities.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:18 - Nov 12 with 2377 viewsDyland

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:12 - Nov 12 by Guthrum

Like so many revolutionaries, Cummings et al are finding it's much easier to attack from the outside than running them from within.

Johnson at least has experience in a senior leadership role (as Mayor of London) and will naturally quickly tire once he's achieved his objective (becoming PM) and the shenanigans become more destructive than useful. Doubt he feels much geuine loyalty to them, especially as they all sound such prickly and foul-tempered personalities.

They all deserve each other innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:24 - Nov 12 with 2353 viewshype313

Tory civil war was always on the cards with someone like Bojo at the helm, it's just been expedited by this years events, not great given Labour are and are about to embark on their own civil war.

I'm actively looking for opportunities abroad, obviously difficult at the moment, but I'm in no doubt my career would be far more stable out of this country rather than in.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:25 - Nov 12 with 2347 viewsGlasgowBlue

You mean Carrie is trying to wrestle back control. Boris is dick lead. Always has been. Always will be.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:25 - Nov 12 with 2347 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:24 - Nov 12 by hype313

Tory civil war was always on the cards with someone like Bojo at the helm, it's just been expedited by this years events, not great given Labour are and are about to embark on their own civil war.

I'm actively looking for opportunities abroad, obviously difficult at the moment, but I'm in no doubt my career would be far more stable out of this country rather than in.

I don't think the civil war will happen in Labour, the left of the party if they continue will just be cut off and go back to the SWP, or CND

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:25 - Nov 12 with 2346 viewsSwansea_Blue

They're like a cancer attacking our governance institutions and systems, destroying all they come into contact with. It's going to be a long road to repair the damage they're making.

I suspect people are getting a bit over excited if they think Cummings will walk.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:26 - Nov 12 with 2344 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:25 - Nov 12 by GlasgowBlue

You mean Carrie is trying to wrestle back control. Boris is dick lead. Always has been. Always will be.

This bit was interesting on that - implying Vote Leave leaked that:

BRIEFING WARS: Right on cue, Kuenssberg tweeted at Wednesday lunchtime that Johnson’s fiancée, former Tory Director of Communications Carrie Symonds, was opposing Cain’s appointment. The remarkable briefing caused a fresh round of suspicion against the Vote Leave faction. One minister told Playbook they were in a state of “disbelief” that someone in government was briefing against Johnson’s partner. And a SpAd claimed: “This is clearly just a last-ditch attempt to embarrass the PM into appointing Lee, by implying that if he doesn’t he’s weak and just does whatever his girlfriend says. Rather sexist if you ask me.”

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:32 - Nov 12 with 2335 viewsDyland

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:16 - Nov 12 by Plums

Agree with this, except I don't think the cult or its support in the electorate is going away anytime soon. Self interest pervades across the population. I include myself of course.

We - and it is "we", and a struggle between "us and them", a struggle to convince them to believe us - must not be complacent. It's naive to think people who vote for Trump or Leave or whatever are just stupid or bigots. Some are, but most are just voting for economic self interest. They may not be right, but the majority are not turkeys voting for Christmas. That view is ignorant and self defeating, being too easy to attack without getting to the heart of the issue.

The heart of the issue is the climate, and the fossil fuel lobby in all its myriad forms and far reaching roots and branches, in banking, arms, and from the most wealthy kleptocrat to the most humble shop worker. Some are legitimate and reasonable, others nefarious and opportunist. We need to engage with the former to defeat the latter.

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:34 - Nov 12 with 2314 viewsgiant_stow

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:01 - Nov 12 by Steve_M

poty

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Let's hope they don't f up the vaccine roll out when ready on 09:50 - Nov 12 with 2275 viewsdavblue

I really wouldn't put it past them if we hear that doses have gone missing, not stored correctly and are wasted.

You almost want someone independent to carry it out. (Not Serco)
Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:52 - Nov 12 with 2267 viewsHerbivore

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:25 - Nov 12 by GlasgowBlue

Think that 'l' should be a 'h'.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 11:47 - Nov 12 with 2178 viewsmonytowbray

Too late to run away now the Trump domino is falling, you can stay in the line and wait your turn Johnson.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 11:58 - Nov 12 with 2159 viewsmr_bean

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:25 - Nov 12 by Swansea_Blue

They're like a cancer attacking our governance institutions and systems, destroying all they come into contact with. It's going to be a long road to repair the damage they're making.

I suspect people are getting a bit over excited if they think Cummings will walk.

Game, set and match to Cummings and the Russians.
Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 11:59 - Nov 12 with 2159 viewsEdwardStone

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:52 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

Think that 'l' should be a 'h'.

I thought Mr Glasgow's insult was pretty good in the original form....as in "lead in yer pencil"

Meaning something like " Johnson is a jizz stain on the fair face of our society"
Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:31 - Nov 13 with 1963 viewsbluelagos

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:54 - Nov 12 by bluelagos

If Cummings were to go, this would go down as a rather amazing week all in. Cant see it though, not with the Brexit deal being negotiated as we speak.

Whether he's still there in 3 months time though...

Reckon that counts as an accurate prediction. ;-)

The damage he has done in little over year is quite staggering. The Tory party is largely stripped of many of it's moderate/rational voices, we are left with a poorly prepared Brexit and all a time when the country is facing the economic consequences of the lockdowns.

His actions did untold damage undermining public messsaging and undoubtedly led to additional deaths from the virus.

I doubt there will be many mourning his imminent departure.

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:43 - Nov 13 with 1935 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:31 - Nov 13 by bluelagos

Reckon that counts as an accurate prediction. ;-)

The damage he has done in little over year is quite staggering. The Tory party is largely stripped of many of it's moderate/rational voices, we are left with a poorly prepared Brexit and all a time when the country is facing the economic consequences of the lockdowns.

His actions did untold damage undermining public messsaging and undoubtedly led to additional deaths from the virus.

I doubt there will be many mourning his imminent departure.

Was all the political capital spent to protect him after Barnard Castle worth it?

Gave up the public health messaging and made themselves look stupid, for a few more months of him seemingly trying to manoeuvre behind the scenes to take control.

Be interesting to see how the next year his handled, hopefully the vile Gove moves away from the levers of power as well

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:49 - Nov 13 with 1920 viewsbluelagos

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:43 - Nov 13 by itfcjoe

Was all the political capital spent to protect him after Barnard Castle worth it?

Gave up the public health messaging and made themselves look stupid, for a few more months of him seemingly trying to manoeuvre behind the scenes to take control.

Be interesting to see how the next year his handled, hopefully the vile Gove moves away from the levers of power as well

The undermining of the public health messaging is undeniable. Boris made the decision to stand by him and the consequnces of that are being seen now.

The most accurate description I have seen is that Cummings and his cabal proved themselves brilliant campaigners. But governing is not the same.

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:04 - Nov 13 with 1904 viewsHerbivore

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:49 - Nov 13 by bluelagos

The undermining of the public health messaging is undeniable. Boris made the decision to stand by him and the consequnces of that are being seen now.

The most accurate description I have seen is that Cummings and his cabal proved themselves brilliant campaigners. But governing is not the same.

They were only brilliant campaigners because they had zero scruples and were quite happy to lie, manipulate, and play fast and loose with electoral law. When you flout the rules it's much easier to win the game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:13 - Nov 13 with 1889 viewsbluelagos

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:04 - Nov 13 by Herbivore

They were only brilliant campaigners because they had zero scruples and were quite happy to lie, manipulate, and play fast and loose with electoral law. When you flout the rules it's much easier to win the game.

No argument from me. Perhaps highly effective campaigners would be a better description. Especially given how they lied constantly playing on the worst of people to win a referndum.

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:39 - Nov 13 with 1871 viewsDubtractor

Who are Kuennsberg (sp?) and Peston going to have as a "Downing Street" source from now on? They must be pretty worried.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 10:16 - Nov 13 with 1847 viewsDyland

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:04 - Nov 13 by Herbivore

Indeed. That can still be classed as brilliant campaigning though.

I often disagree with you and the way you present stuff, but I do like how you view things though unmurky lights, and with consistency, fair play :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024