Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos 10:48 - Aug 20 with 6038 viewskizaitfc

I get that it obviously helps the club in these very difficult times.

But where is the thank you to the fans that have supported the club through these tough times particularly the ones that have just last month donated their Season Ticket Refund to the club.

Would we have even charged £10 for the match day ticket of the WestHam friendly?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 10:50 - Aug 20 with 3374 viewsuefacup81

I dare say the WHU friendly would have been £10-£15.

Given that any fee for such things is likely to be split 50/50 between the two clubs, it seems a reasonably fair price.

Nobody's forcing you to pay it.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 10:51 - Aug 20 with 3373 viewsitfcjoe

We'd have probably charged £15 to be fair.

I think it is a tough balance to strike - there is obviously a cost of putting these games on to video and I doubt the £10 per stream for West Ham will even cover the costs unless there is a big take up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 10:57 - Aug 20 with 3304 viewskizaitfc

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 10:51 - Aug 20 by itfcjoe

We'd have probably charged £15 to be fair.

I think it is a tough balance to strike - there is obviously a cost of putting these games on to video and I doubt the £10 per stream for West Ham will even cover the costs unless there is a big take up

I get there are costs, but having looked at other clubs most are charging £5!

Why is the cost pushed to the fans continuously, a lot of fans have been paying their ST despite not knowing what is going on, fans have donated all or part of there 19/20 refund to the club.

As said above if you don't want to pay it you don't have to, but my guess it is predominantly the ones that cant afford to just throw £10 at the club that will not be able tow watch.

It would have been nice to see some sort of gesture but as usual ITFC miss the boat and decide to annoy a lot of fans.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 10:59 - Aug 20 with 3289 viewsMullet

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 10:57 - Aug 20 by kizaitfc

Why is the cost pushed to the fans continuously, a lot of fans have been paying their ST despite not knowing what is going on, fans have donated all or part of there 19/20 refund to the club.

As said above if you don't want to pay it you don't have to, but my guess it is predominantly the ones that cant afford to just throw £10 at the club that will not be able tow watch.

It would have been nice to see some sort of gesture but as usual ITFC miss the boat and decide to annoy a lot of fans.

You seemed to be the only one annoyed in fairness - if the game was open to the public would you expect a free ticket?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 10:59 - Aug 20 with 3287 viewsHerbivore

You do love a moan.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:00 - Aug 20 with 3283 viewskizaitfc

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 10:59 - Aug 20 by Mullet

You seemed to be the only one annoyed in fairness - if the game was open to the public would you expect a free ticket?

Look on Twitter I am far from the only one!

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:00 - Aug 20 with 3277 viewskizaitfc

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 10:59 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

You do love a moan.

What else is there to do on a Thursday morning

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:01 - Aug 20 with 3276 viewshype313

Cheaper than two pints in the Station.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:02 - Aug 20 with 3267 viewsMullet

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:00 - Aug 20 by kizaitfc

Look on Twitter I am far from the only one!

Twitter is full of sheep behaviour though. Lots of people quickly agree or disagree with the most ludicrous of stuff and then move on.

But you didn't answer my question, if you were going would you expect a free ticket based on the same logic?

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:03 - Aug 20 with 3262 viewsCokeIsKey

When was the last time we played a side capable of getting top 6 in the Prem? I'm going to pay the tenner because it will be a good watch and our club needs support through these difficult financial times.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:05 - Aug 20 with 3242 viewskizaitfc

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:02 - Aug 20 by Mullet

Twitter is full of sheep behaviour though. Lots of people quickly agree or disagree with the most ludicrous of stuff and then move on.

But you didn't answer my question, if you were going would you expect a free ticket based on the same logic?

NO of course not, and that is not appropriate logic to take.

Live streams are normally £10 with match day tickets at around £25-£30, so if anything you are strengthening my point that a friendly that would have had tickets at sale for approx £10-£15 shouldn't be charging £10 per stream.

Look I understand both clubs want to make money, I just think some sort of goodwill gesture to the fans would not have gone a miss.

I mean we have already missed our last game of the season free pint from Paul Lambert

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:07 - Aug 20 with 3237 viewskizaitfc

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:03 - Aug 20 by CokeIsKey

When was the last time we played a side capable of getting top 6 in the Prem? I'm going to pay the tenner because it will be a good watch and our club needs support through these difficult financial times.

As will I, but what I am saying is some cannot afford to and the club could have helped those to finally get some ITFC football back in their life (if that's what people want???)

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:07 - Aug 20 with 3237 viewsRyorry

Think you're conflating two moans here - appreciate your feelings about the STs/refunds, but what you're saying there is that the Club failed to acknowledge or appreciate many fans' generous gestures. It'd be better to raise that with them directly.

£10 seems fair enough to me, who wouldn't have otherwise (similar to many others no doubt) have stood a cat in hell's chance of watching the games. It's sad but the curtailment of actually going to watch live for thousands of fans has opened the door to many of us living far away who'd never otherwise have been able to see any games.

Edited for grammar/clarity.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 11:08]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:07 - Aug 20 with 3232 viewsBrixtonBlue

As others have said, there will be plenty of costs involved in putting this on, and they also won't be getting any matchday revenue. I imagine any cheaper and it wouldn't be worth it for either club, which means no-one would get to see the game.

At least this way, people who want to watch it can do.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:08 - Aug 20 with 3229 viewsMullet

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:05 - Aug 20 by kizaitfc

NO of course not, and that is not appropriate logic to take.

Live streams are normally £10 with match day tickets at around £25-£30, so if anything you are strengthening my point that a friendly that would have had tickets at sale for approx £10-£15 shouldn't be charging £10 per stream.

Look I understand both clubs want to make money, I just think some sort of goodwill gesture to the fans would not have gone a miss.

I mean we have already missed our last game of the season free pint from Paul Lambert

Under the club tweet there's barely 15 replies and one of those in the club themselves and a couple of people laughing or saying they'll pay and a few a saying they won't. One person whinging it should be free.

Hardly a tumult of discontent.

I'd love to know what friendly you paid £30 for. Are they really that expensive these days?

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:10 - Aug 20 with 3221 viewsfactual_blue

There's a very simple answer.

Don't buy it then. It isn't compulsory. And it's only a few blokes having a kickabout.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:13 - Aug 20 with 3196 viewsfooters

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:10 - Aug 20 by factual_blue

There's a very simple answer.

Don't buy it then. It isn't compulsory. And it's only a few blokes having a kickabout.

Or invite nine friends round and pay a quid a piece. That's if you're lucky enough to have nine friends.

It would also help build herd immunity. Or so I am told.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:13 - Aug 20 with 3193 viewsJohnWarksTash

Do people actually care enough about friendlies to pay a tenner? I have never understood the excitement of watching a non competitive match...particularly against a Prem team who will undoubtedly field essentially an U23 side.

Have we fallen that far that we get excited about playing Prem team's reserves?? (Yes we have.....)
£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:22 - Aug 20 with 3118 viewsPJH

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:13 - Aug 20 by JohnWarksTash

Do people actually care enough about friendlies to pay a tenner? I have never understood the excitement of watching a non competitive match...particularly against a Prem team who will undoubtedly field essentially an U23 side.

Have we fallen that far that we get excited about playing Prem team's reserves?? (Yes we have.....)

Personally I have no interest in pre-season friendlies or EFL Cup games, in both cases I just hope that nobody picks up an injury.
£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:23 - Aug 20 with 3116 viewsitfcjoe

If you want to spend less, get out of the house and are local there is a U23s game that night against Needham Market which is £5 - would guess there will be some first teamers or fringe players involved

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:26 - Aug 20 with 3098 viewsfactual_blue

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:13 - Aug 20 by footers

Or invite nine friends round and pay a quid a piece. That's if you're lucky enough to have nine friends.

It would also help build herd immunity. Or so I am told.

I'm not sure inviting nine friends round to watch an ITFC friendly is going cement your relationships with them...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:26 - Aug 20 with 3097 viewsuefacup81

As others have suggested, it's only £10 if you watch it on your own.

Say you and three family members choose to watch it together, then it works out at £2.50 a head, as opposed to the £40+ it would cost a family of four to go to said match. And that's before you factor in other ancillary match-day costs.

Suddenly it doesn't seem like such a bum deal, does it?

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:28 - Aug 20 with 3087 viewsVaughan8

If you don't want to watch it for that then don't buy it.

Might have been a nice gesture to let ST holders have it for free but it's not.
£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:35 - Aug 20 with 3049 viewsthatdamgood89

I do feel like a feel-good PR moment was lost.

It's a 2 pm kick-off on a Tuesday afternoon. Most are back to work. You could have simply lost the commentary, provided one camera angle, and given it for free on social media and website, etc.. However, there are of course costs involved so you can see some 'logic' behind the fee.

Sometimes you gotta have what supermarkets call loss leaders this was probably one of those moments.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:44 - Aug 20 with 3015 viewsuefacup81

£10 for the friendly streams is ridiculouos on 11:35 - Aug 20 by thatdamgood89

I do feel like a feel-good PR moment was lost.

It's a 2 pm kick-off on a Tuesday afternoon. Most are back to work. You could have simply lost the commentary, provided one camera angle, and given it for free on social media and website, etc.. However, there are of course costs involved so you can see some 'logic' behind the fee.

Sometimes you gotta have what supermarkets call loss leaders this was probably one of those moments.

I suppose that the issue would potentially be the other team.

Spurs and West Ham will form part of the 'product', and some may argue that they will be a significant part of the reason people will want to tune in to the streams (be honest, you'd be far less interested in watching if we were playing Haverhill, wouldn't you...).

On that basis, they will want recompense for their role in helping ITFC make some money (or even merely allowing ITFC to take cameras with them, in the case of Spurs).

Case in point is that of Arsenal, Barnet, and Junichi Inamoto back in 2001. Back then Arsenal played their reserve matches at Barnet's underhill stadium. The signing of Inamoto, even though he played in their reserves, generated significant interest in the Far East; enough, in fact, for them to be able to sell broadcast rights to their reserve matches.

What they forgot to do, however, was clear this with then Barnet chairman Barry Fry.

They turned up at Underhill, cameras in tow, and Fry refused them access to the ground until they paid an exorbitant fee to Barnet for the privilege of setting up their broadcast apparatus at Underhill, and not being in breach of contract with their Asian broadcast partners.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 11:47]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024