Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's 13:15 - Apr 23 with 4220 viewsYallop

Overrated?
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 18:31 - Apr 23 with 1235 viewsr2d2

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 14:04 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

Royle was enormously over rated. People liked the football because he had a phenomenal squad for the level and was then blessed with some great talent like Bent. He utterly wasted the chance and then destroyed us. His signings were Jewellesque and he left with us in free fall. Mick was miles better all in all for expectation vs achievement

What utter oblox!
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 21:54 - Apr 23 with 1200 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 14:35 - Apr 23 by Swansea_Blue

Chris Bart Williams was a another midfield flop at that time.

Chris Bart-Williams was good for the season he was with us. His job was to sit in front of the back four, mop up and give the ball to Magilton. Also scored a fine goal at Cardiff.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 21:56 - Apr 23 with 1198 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 15:58 - Apr 23 by JDB23

He was solely responsible for our failure of securing automatic promotion in 04/05 imo. I remember we had a crucial away game v Wolves and for some reason unknown to man he changed the team/formation. We lost, our form dipped and we slipped to 3rd.

We were already third favourite by the time we lost at Wolves.

The thing that cost is was Kuqi getting injured and us losing all three matches he missed. Scowcroft came in and wasn't up to speed. We lost at home to Watford and QPR, then went to Wigan and lost 1-0. A six point lead turned into the 3 point deficit and we never got back into the top two. We should have went up, this was out best side since 2001.

As for Royle, I thought he was magnificent, as was Reuser.

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 22:32 - Apr 23 with 1178 viewsbraveblue

No. Sheer class. Just did not get enough starts.
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 22:50 - Apr 23 with 1170 viewsbournemouthblue

Royle was enormously over rated. People liked the football because he had a phenomenal squad for the level and was then blessed with some great talent like Bent. He utterly wasted the chance and then destroyed us. His signings were Jewellesque and he left with us in free fall. Mick was miles better all in all for expectation vs achievement

In fairness to Royle, he had barely any budget to work with and generally seemed to sort us out at half time

It seemed to be fairly rare that Royle would name a side you'd be disappointed with

I do agree, Reuser should have played more under him but at the same time, there may have been clauses in his contract which prevented us playing him more often, I don't know. We had no money following the Stadium Redevelopment and the collapse of ITV Digital. You didn't get massive parachute payments then.

We still had Finidi at the start of Championship season but I believe we couldn't play him because we had no money and his appearance fee was very expensive. I'm sure he'd have ripped the Championship up.

I imagine he has gone before Royle came in

Royle was unlucky in the fact we had a very good Wigan side and a very good Sunderland who pipped us to promotion at the end

Shefki's injury for a month killed us that season. Kuqi was arguably more important to us than Bent.

Missing out on Promotion that season has to be the most significant event for Town in the last 20 years. Even if we'd only stayed there a season, we'd have been setup for the next couple.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 23:07]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 22:57 - Apr 23 with 1166 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think he was a bit of luxury player. Great footballer.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 23:10 - Apr 23 with 1162 viewsbournemouthblue

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 16:05 - Apr 23 by Garv

I was fairly young at the time but I remember Bart-Williams, along with Alan Mahon, being a relatively successful loan player at the time. Trouble is, at the time watching us was a joy so I don't remember disliking many players!

Alan Mahon, what a player

Not signing him was probably the difference between us and Wigan that season sadly. He had also been interested in Huckerby I believe before he went to Norwich.

That Wigan team under Jewell was awesome and they then went to the Premier League and did pretty well?

If only Royle had had some money for a defence

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 23:21 - Apr 23 with 1155 viewsBLUEBEAT

Perhaps we’re forgetting that it is Reuser’s colleagues that are picking the teams here?

Perhaps he wasn’t particularly popular amongst his contemporaries?

Perhaps there was an issue between him and another team’mate’?

Perhaps he’d been a bit naughty, or something?

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 00:11 - Apr 24 with 1148 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 23:10 - Apr 23 by bournemouthblue

Not signing him was probably the difference between us and Wigan that season sadly. He had also been interested in Huckerby I believe before he went to Norwich.

That Wigan team under Jewell was awesome and they then went to the Premier League and did pretty well?

That Wigan side was good but I believe we were better. Sunderland were nothing special.

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 15:11 - Apr 24 with 1077 viewsRobTheMonk

I'm pleasantly surprised to see lots of people putting Pablo in their team!
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 15:15 - Apr 24 with 1074 viewsBluefish

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 15:11 - Apr 24 by RobTheMonk

Why? He was different class. Being a striker is more about scoring goals and his team mates will recognise his hold up play, same with others picking scowy.

Pablo at his best was unplayable at our level

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 15:25 - Apr 24 with 1065 viewspatrickswell

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 23:10 - Apr 23 by bournemouthblue

Mahon played for us in 2003-04, not 2004-05.
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 15:27 - Apr 24 with 1067 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Make your head check ! Although it might not help you.

Your post....what a fookin lunacy !

How on earth Royle 'destroyed' us? He had lost 4 key players after 2004/05 therefore we could have easily ended up in the relegation battle. But 14th place was a respectable one given the circumstances.

Royle was miles better than mccarthy. The latter lost Murphy in 2017/18 (only 1 key player in compare to Royle's 4) and we finished only 4 points off the relegation. We could have got relegated but for the Bart's incredible saves.

You defying facts and logic is nothing new. It's only your prejudice by which you talk badly about Royle. You dislike him for your own weird reasons but him departing was probably a biggest mistake towards the end of pre-Evans era. And we ended up with the cheap option Magilton who himself wasted loads of cash when he got money.

Joe Royle was by far the best manager we've had since 2002.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 15:37]
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 15:30 - Apr 24 with 1060 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 14:33 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

Proudlock, Fish and to top it off the budget blown on Sammy Parkin FML

Imagine budget being blown on Emyr Huws ! That's a way above anything else. Emyr '56 setbacks' Huws and still can't shine as a footballer even in League One.

Not only him. Imagine budget being blown on Tom Adeyemi and other sicknotes !

And also we offered contracts to Stephen Gleeson and Giles Coke !

That list can go on and on.
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 17:41 - Apr 24 with 1038 viewspatrickswell

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 15:27 - Apr 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

Make your head check ! Although it might not help you.

Your post....what a fookin lunacy !

How on earth Royle 'destroyed' us? He had lost 4 key players after 2004/05 therefore we could have easily ended up in the relegation battle. But 14th place was a respectable one given the circumstances.

Royle was miles better than mccarthy. The latter lost Murphy in 2017/18 (only 1 key player in compare to Royle's 4) and we finished only 4 points off the relegation. We could have got relegated but for the Bart's incredible saves.

You defying facts and logic is nothing new. It's only your prejudice by which you talk badly about Royle. You dislike him for your own weird reasons but him departing was probably a biggest mistake towards the end of pre-Evans era. And we ended up with the cheap option Magilton who himself wasted loads of cash when he got money.

Joe Royle was by far the best manager we've had since 2002.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 15:37]

Sorry folks, but another edit job. Murphy left in 2016/17 and we were 15th in Joe’s last season.

In terms of content, I agree with you, but would also give a shout out to Tom Lawrence for services rendered in 16/17.
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 18:58 - Apr 24 with 1023 viewsBluefish

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 15:30 - Apr 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

Imagine budget being blown on Emyr Huws ! That's a way above anything else. Emyr '56 setbacks' Huws and still can't shine as a footballer even in League One.

Not only him. Imagine budget being blown on Tom Adeyemi and other sicknotes !

And also we offered contracts to Stephen Gleeson and Giles Coke !

That list can go on and on.

Just to confirm what I manage to take in from one of your mad rants. Mick only lost one player (murphy) but he wasted his budget on players that then got injured. Piece those things together for me if you can.

BFJ was terrible and mick is in our top 5 managers of all time. Cheers

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 19:02 - Apr 24 with 1021 viewsTrequartista

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 15:11 - Apr 24 by RobTheMonk

Kuqi has selected Pablo as the best centre-forward so that argument is now settled.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 19:28 - Apr 24 with 1014 viewsMoisha

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 22:50 - Apr 23 by bournemouthblue

In fairness to Royle, he had barely any budget to work with and generally seemed to sort us out at half time

It seemed to be fairly rare that Royle would name a side you'd be disappointed with

I do agree, Reuser should have played more under him but at the same time, there may have been clauses in his contract which prevented us playing him more often, I don't know. We had no money following the Stadium Redevelopment and the collapse of ITV Digital. You didn't get massive parachute payments then.

We still had Finidi at the start of Championship season but I believe we couldn't play him because we had no money and his appearance fee was very expensive. I'm sure he'd have ripped the Championship up.

Royle was unlucky in the fact we had a very good Wigan side and a very good Sunderland who pipped us to promotion at the end

Shefki's injury for a month killed us that season. Kuqi was arguably more important to us than Bent.

Missing out on Promotion that season has to be the most significant event for Town in the last 20 years. Even if we'd only stayed there a season, we'd have been setup for the next couple.

Absolutely spot on.... I also felt Scowcroft was the wrong signing and we should have got Hulse from Crewe on loan.

Conceding in injury time just after going in front was criminal at Reading, and then those two home defeats in a week against Watford and QPR was the icing.

Loved that season for excitement and nothing has really been close since.

And yes, if we’d have won promotion that season it’s very unlikely Marcus Evans would have come in.... love hindsight
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 20:03 - Apr 24 with 1004 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 18:58 - Apr 24 by Bluefish

Just to confirm what I manage to take in from one of your mad rants. Mick only lost one player (murphy) but he wasted his budget on players that then got injured. Piece those things together for me if you can.

BFJ was terrible and mick is in our top 5 managers of all time. Cheers

You're talking s**t as always.

And you're unable to offer an answer as to how Royle 'destroyed' us because you don't know what to say. You just dislike him for your own, weird reasons.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 20:11]
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 20:16 - Apr 24 with 989 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 22:50 - Apr 23 by bournemouthblue

Royle had to sort Burleys mess and still managed to finish just outside top 6. Things would have been better if Sheepshanks hadn't sold Ambrose and Hreidarsson.
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 23:04 - Apr 24 with 960 viewsBluefish

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 20:03 - Apr 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

You're talking s**t as always.

And you're unable to offer an answer as to how Royle 'destroyed' us because you don't know what to say. You just dislike him for your own, weird reasons.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 20:11]

BFJ inherited a goldmine and left behind an empty cave. Mick inherited a lunatic asylum and left behind a football club.

Super
Super Mick
Super
Super Mick
Super
Super Mick
Super Mick McCarthy

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 09:29 - Apr 25 with 913 viewsBlueastheycome

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 23:04 - Apr 24 by Bluefish

BFJ inherited a goldmine and left behind an empty cave. Mick inherited a lunatic asylum and left behind a football club.

Super
Super Mick
Super
Super Mick
Super
Super Mick
Super Mick McCarthy

You’re lack of football knowledge and insight is genuinely astounding
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 09:42 - Apr 25 with 910 viewsBluefish

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 09:29 - Apr 25 by Blueastheycome

You’re lack of football knowledge and insight is genuinely astounding

I've never been shy of giving an opinion and I've never been wrong yet

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 09:43 - Apr 25 with 908 viewsBlueastheycome

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 09:42 - Apr 25 by Bluefish

I've never been shy of giving an opinion and I've never been wrong yet

Says who? You? The Nazi’s didn’t think they were wrong either
I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 09:49 - Apr 25 with 900 viewsBluefish

I've not seen Reuser in any of these best 11's on 09:43 - Apr 25 by Blueastheycome

Says who? You? The Nazi’s didn’t think they were wrong either

Says everyone in the world. Saying if a player or manager is brilliant or hopeless and sticking to it is very different to the Nazis but it was a nice try

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024