Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Priti Patel 19:31 - Apr 11 with 6186 viewstractordownsouth

Surprised she had the nerve to conduct the briefing today after all the people who she called unskilled a few weeks ago are now the people keeping the country together.

Also has an even worse grasp of numbers than Diane Abbott... I'm sure the press will give her as much grief as she got

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Priti Patel on 19:37 - Apr 11 with 4111 viewsMullet

The attempts on twitter to defend her are as bad as the "Yeah well Corbyn would have...." stuff certain right wing types keep wheeling out for some baffling reason.

Patel has been utterly useless during Boris' absence it seems, and the concerted effort to take her out of the news cycle long enough clearly should backfire after today. She has nothing but contempt for us, the people asking her and the very notion she should answer any question no matter how bland.

When this over, I hope there is a chance to hold her and others to account for their notable disappearance at a time as severe as this and her prior comments about the people they are now trying to use for political capital.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Priti Patel on 19:43 - Apr 11 with 4087 viewstractordownsouth

Priti Patel on 19:37 - Apr 11 by Mullet

The attempts on twitter to defend her are as bad as the "Yeah well Corbyn would have...." stuff certain right wing types keep wheeling out for some baffling reason.

Patel has been utterly useless during Boris' absence it seems, and the concerted effort to take her out of the news cycle long enough clearly should backfire after today. She has nothing but contempt for us, the people asking her and the very notion she should answer any question no matter how bland.

When this over, I hope there is a chance to hold her and others to account for their notable disappearance at a time as severe as this and her prior comments about the people they are now trying to use for political capital.

I'm going to be a bit of a hypocrite and do a reverse "yeah but Corbyn"... If he'd been a minister and held secret meetings with a foreign government behind the PM's back (as Patel did in 2017), he'd rightly be called a threat to national security, yet she seemingly gets away scot free. And that's coming from someone who doesn't like either her or JC.

Her entire tenure in the home office seems to have revolved around throwing red meat to the tabloids. Her immigration policy was purely posturing... any sensible government should base it on a sector by sector basis, not just simply excluding people on the basis of earnings, especially as nurses and careworkers are in massively short supply. Of course we should train our own nurses too, but it's the Tories that have cut nursing bursaries and hiked tuition fees for them. The irony is that if they'd funded training for these staff, we wouldn't need so many of the immigrants they love to demonise.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 19:44]

Priti Patel on 20:07 - Apr 11 with 3982 viewsRocky

A "hercoolooan" effort.
Priti Patel on 20:13 - Apr 11 with 3955 viewsSwansea_Blue

Horrible woman, and increasingly obvious not the brightest either. Shouldn't she be focussing on beating couter terrorism measures? [sic]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Priti Patel on 20:18 - Apr 11 with 3940 viewstractordownsouth

Priti Patel on 20:13 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

Horrible woman, and increasingly obvious not the brightest either. Shouldn't she be focussing on beating couter terrorism measures? [sic]

Priti Patel on 20:25 - Apr 11 with 3895 viewsGluedtoBlue

Several people were trying to convince the forum that these morons are underpaid the other day...

I disagreed.

I rest my case.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Priti Patel on 20:38 - Apr 11 with 3843 viewssparks

Priti Patel on 20:25 - Apr 11 by GluedtoBlue

Several people were trying to convince the forum that these morons are underpaid the other day...

I disagreed.

I rest my case.

They are clearly under paid for the job they are supposed to do.

Many are not really qualified for the job they are supposed to do though. The two things are linked.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Priti Patel on 20:53 - Apr 11 with 3784 viewsmonytowbray

Priti Patel on 20:38 - Apr 11 by sparks

They are clearly under paid for the job they are supposed to do.

Many are not really qualified for the job they are supposed to do though. The two things are linked.

What came first? The payrise or the proven ability to do one’s job?

As in almost every job I’ve had I had to earn my right to an improved income via proving my worth or working more. Imagine that’s the same for most on here.

I would imagine if MPs could prove their worth and base salary on that, rather than a blanket payrise, people would be less bothered.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Priti Patel on 20:54 - Apr 11 with 3781 viewsmonytowbray

Priti Patel is a prime example of someone in Government, alongside IDS, who should be forced to test run their own policies for a few months and then tell the public they have no issue implementing them.

TWTD never forgets…

Priti Patel on 20:55 - Apr 11 with 3780 viewsghostofescobar

A horrible human being who has made a career out of bashing migrants (not a career out of humility, compassion, understanding and Common sense) and her party has realised that this country now relies on migrants for virtually all the jobs we now rely on, no less than the NHS. A liar, a smug self congratulating sh1t stain and another Tory who will eventually be completely found out by this crisis, a crisis that can’t be lied about or given a glib, brain dead catchphrase: lets get COVID done.

GhostOfEscobar

Priti Patel on 20:57 - Apr 11 with 3773 viewsmonytowbray

Priti Patel on 20:55 - Apr 11 by ghostofescobar

A horrible human being who has made a career out of bashing migrants (not a career out of humility, compassion, understanding and Common sense) and her party has realised that this country now relies on migrants for virtually all the jobs we now rely on, no less than the NHS. A liar, a smug self congratulating sh1t stain and another Tory who will eventually be completely found out by this crisis, a crisis that can’t be lied about or given a glib, brain dead catchphrase: lets get COVID done.

Good luck. If the last month has taught me anything it’s the “Dear Leader” and “Cult” remarks of the last 5 years were aimed at voters of the wrong party.

TWTD never forgets…

Priti Patel on 21:35 - Apr 11 with 3673 viewsDubtractor

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Priti Patel on 21:59 - Apr 11 with 3610 viewsNthQldITFC

Is she heavily into huntin', shootin' an' fishin', or just some kind of wannabe Regency fop?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Priti Patel on 22:08 - Apr 11 with 3590 viewsNthsuffolkblue

She was at least asked to apologise for the Government letting the NHS workers down.

She couldn't bring herself to do it but did at least say she is sorry some feel that way.

A bit like Hancock's doubling down when he was criticised for blaming the lack of PPE on staff wasting it by saying "I didn't mean to blame them but some are doing so".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Priti Patel on 22:21 - Apr 11 with 3551 viewsbrazil1982

Priti Patel on 19:37 - Apr 11 by Mullet

"Notable disappearance". What would you like her to have done? She appears now and you slag her off.
Priti Patel on 22:33 - Apr 11 with 3527 viewsjeera

Priti Patel on 22:21 - Apr 11 by brazil1982

"Notable disappearance". What would you like her to have done? She appears now and you slag her off.

Do you run a FB page?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Priti Patel on 22:45 - Apr 11 with 3507 viewsEwan_Oozami

I'd like her to show some semblance of humanity, if you're asking.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Priti Patel on 23:09 - Apr 11 with 3474 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

It is perhaps unreasonable to have expected the Prime Minister to have fronted all of the daily briefings and, especially when he fell ill, to be expected that the second in line to that post, Raab, would take over.

Obviously in the briefings one would expect to hear from the Health Secretary at some stage. Similarly, given the announcements on workers' payments and business funding, it should be no surprise that the Chancellor of the Exchequer would make an appearance.

I don't think it is unreasonable, if only looking at the extension of police powers, to have heard from the Home Secretary before now and I don't think people can be blamed for asking why the Business Secretary and a minister without portfolio undertook the daily briefings before the Home Secretary, whomsoever held that position.

Personally I would have liked the Home Secretary to have appeared before now to announce the new powers granted to the police forces, to talk about the civil impact of "lockdown" and exactly what that means for our daily lives; if only to try to ram the message home at the earliest possible stage (let's leave to one side any potential impact of those measures on crime rates - assessments I would have expected the Home Secretary to have well understood but not necessarily talk about in public).

I also don't think one can ignore some of the more unsavoury former actions and comments of the current incumbent of the Home Secretary's post when forming a critique of their "performance" at the daily briefing.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Priti Patel on 23:49 - Apr 11 with 3414 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Priti Patel on 20:13 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

She's a very attractive woman. I have great hopes for her long tenure as Home Secretary.

After Boris has done his two terms as PM I feel she will succeed him as Prime Minister. She's ever so popular with the public.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Priti Patel on 23:51 - Apr 11 with 3414 viewsjeera

Priti Patel on 23:49 - Apr 11 by The_Last_Baron

She's a very attractive woman. I have great hopes for her long tenure as Home Secretary.

After Boris has done his two terms as PM I feel she will succeed him as Prime Minister. She's ever so popular with the public.

"She's a very attractive woman."

That's not shallow at all.

Great attribute to be Home Secretary.

Priti Patel on 23:58 - Apr 11 with 3408 viewsRocky

Priti Patel on 23:49 - Apr 11 by The_Last_Baron

Some of your trolls are fairly low key.
You must have been pissing yourself laughing with this one.
Priti Patel on 23:59 - Apr 11 with 3408 viewsmonytowbray

I want Hamper’s take on this. We all know he seems to hold PoC who also happen to be women in a different regard...

TWTD never forgets…

Priti Patel on 00:05 - Apr 12 with 3400 viewsfactual_blue

Priti Patel on 22:08 - Apr 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

She was at least asked to apologise for the Government letting the NHS workers down.

She couldn't bring herself to do it but did at least say she is sorry some feel that way.

A bit like Hancock's doubling down when he was criticised for blaming the lack of PPE on staff wasting it by saying "I didn't mean to blame them but some are doing so".

Was she asked to apologised for repeatedly bullying* her own staff.

*Allegedly. Although two members of staff being compensated with five figure sums would suggest 'allegedly' isn't needed.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Priti Patel on 00:10 - Apr 12 with 3365 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Priti Patel on 23:51 - Apr 11 by jeera

"She's a very attractive woman."

That's not shallow at all.

Great attribute to be Home Secretary.

But she is, has to be said she's good looking.

Conservatives generally tend to be better looking and more appealing to the opposite sex than lefties. There was a study done on this recently which confirmed this.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Priti Patel on 00:20 - Apr 12 with 3351 viewsjeera

Priti Patel on 00:10 - Apr 12 by The_Last_Baron

But she is, has to be said she's good looking.

Conservatives generally tend to be better looking and more appealing to the opposite sex than lefties. There was a study done on this recently which confirmed this.

What is the point of you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024