Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could town go bust because of this? 07:58 - Mar 19 with 5991 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is going to be very badly hit given his business focusses on mass public meetings.

He may let the club go into administration. It’s his perfect cover to get out and in any event he may simply not have the money. Lots of clubs could go this way.

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:01 - Mar 19 with 4833 viewsgeg1992

I was thinking the same. People say he would never leave due to the bad impact on his business record, but this is the perfect excuse.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:02 - Mar 19 with 4822 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not just Town but football itself. Which might not be a bad thing.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:04 - Mar 19 with 4794 viewsOxford_Blue

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:01 - Mar 19 by geg1992

I was thinking the same. People say he would never leave due to the bad impact on his business record, but this is the perfect excuse.

Indeed. And he won’t have a business to worry about.

He’s not going to have a spare £6m a year lying around so the club will go into administration.
Could town go bust because of this? on 08:06 - Mar 19 with 4784 viewsDanTheMan

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:02 - Mar 19 by BrixtonBlue

Not just Town but football itself. Which might not be a bad thing.

It's funny really.

Footballers get paid vast sums and the usual argument is "well, they're very good at what they do and there's not a lot of them.".

It's a fair enough argument really.

But now, thinking about it, I wonder how much we should be paying epidemiologists, virologists etc. after the global economy had just absolutely tanked. You'd think, right now, they have the most important job on the entire planet.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:07 - Mar 19 with 4768 viewsOxford_Blue

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:06 - Mar 19 by DanTheMan

It's funny really.

Footballers get paid vast sums and the usual argument is "well, they're very good at what they do and there's not a lot of them.".

But now, thinking about it, I wonder how much we should be paying epidemiologists, virologists etc. after the global economy had just absolutely tanked. You'd think, right now, they have the most important job on the entire planet.

Yep.

And linked to the survival of the economy too, so their economic value soars.
Could town go bust because of this? on 08:07 - Mar 19 with 4764 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's funny really.

Yeah. We might as well eat footballers, they're no use to anyone now.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:10 - Mar 19 with 4745 viewshomer_123

It's funny really.

There's a genuine discussion to be had about what real 'value' we should be placing on things.

Doctors, Nurses, Researchers (as you say), Teachers etc.

Our values, as a society, seem extremely odd. We value vloggers and social influences (both in money terms and what people seem to believe in) more than properly trained and qualified people. I've never understood why those that look after our children get paid so little or why we are even in a situation where we have to pay others to bring our children up.

I hope we take a long hard look at what we value as a people after this.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:11 - Mar 19 with 4739 viewsmonytowbray

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:07 - Mar 19 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah. We might as well eat footballers, they're no use to anyone now.

Shotgun Chambo’s delicious fist.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:15 - Mar 19 with 4721 viewsOxford_Blue

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:10 - Mar 19 by homer_123

There's a genuine discussion to be had about what real 'value' we should be placing on things.

Our values, as a society, seem extremely odd. We value vloggers and social influences (both in money terms and what people seem to believe in) more than properly trained and qualified people. I've never understood why those that look after our children get paid so little or why we are even in a situation where we have to pay others to bring our children up.

If value is linked to economic output only and supply and demand then teachers and nurses will earn less than bankers, doctors and lawyers because they create less wealth and there are fewer people capable of doing the latter.

I agree if it comes down to other forms of value then this system doesn’t and shouldn’t apply.

But our capitalist free market economy is based on the former. For as long as it lasts that is .....
Could town go bust because of this? on 08:29 - Mar 19 with 4680 viewsChrisd

It's funny really.

The elite are extremely good and talented, but lets not forget there is also a lot of mediocre throughout the game that earn vast sums. Certainly, when you look at what we are going through currently with this Coronavirus, it just goes to show how skewed society's values really are.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 8:53]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:30 - Mar 19 with 4671 viewsmonytowbray

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:29 - Mar 19 by Chrisd

The elite are extremely good and talented, but lets not forget there is also a lot of mediocre throughout the game that earn vast sums. Certainly, when you look at what we are going through currently with this Coronavirus, it just goes to show how skewed society's values really are.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 8:53]

Jordan Spence is worse than billionaires.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Could town go bust because of this? on 09:31 - Mar 19 with 4539 viewsfergalsharkey

It's funny really.

Very good at what they do?

We havent had a player who is very good at what he does for years.
If I was being paid to produce what our lot turn out I would be embarrassed, I mean let's say chambers is on 8k a week, 8k to produce that level of ineptness ,lack of pace,constant mistakes.
Not saying he doesnt care but he just isn't good enough to play professional al football anymore.

Poll: Cook out?

Could town go bust because of this? on 09:33 - Mar 19 with 4544 viewsPrideOfTheEast

"His perfect way out"... I've heard it all.

Perhaps it might give people some perspective.
Could town go bust because of this? on 09:35 - Mar 19 with 4526 viewsPinewoodblue

Could town go bust because of this? on 09:31 - Mar 19 by fergalsharkey

Very good at what they do?

We havent had a player who is very good at what he does for years.
If I was being paid to produce what our lot turn out I would be embarrassed, I mean let's say chambers is on 8k a week, 8k to produce that level of ineptness ,lack of pace,constant mistakes.
Not saying he doesnt care but he just isn't good enough to play professional al football anymore.

Footballers are paid the going rate.

Looking ahead the going rate for a third tier footballer is going to be significantly less than it is now.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Could town go bust because of this? on 09:47 - Mar 19 with 4503 viewsWeWereZombies

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:15 - Mar 19 by Oxford_Blue

If value is linked to economic output only and supply and demand then teachers and nurses will earn less than bankers, doctors and lawyers because they create less wealth and there are fewer people capable of doing the latter.

I agree if it comes down to other forms of value then this system doesn’t and shouldn’t apply.

But our capitalist free market economy is based on the former. For as long as it lasts that is .....

I would suggest to you that doctors preserve life rather than create wealth, and the same goes for nurses. That is why we look at the latter as a vocation. A description that fits teachers as well, they do not create wealth directly but they do enable wealth to be created by, some, of those they teach.

Bankers, lawyers and accountants can also be viewed as not creating wealth but do enable others to create. At best we are satisfactory at distributing wealth.

True wealth creation comes from those who extract resources, grow crops and farm livestock, plus those who manufacture.

But we are now at the point where to continue to create wealth we must mine, forest, farm and manufacture in a sustainable manner. So the enablers and those with a vocation are of equal importance to effectively do that.

Quite where footballers fit in to this I do not know, same category as pole dancers I guess.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Could town go bust because of this? on 10:17 - Mar 19 with 4430 viewspatrickswell

It's funny really.

“They’re very good at what they do” - has anyone saying this actually seen Jon Nolan’s performances for us?
Could town go bust because of this? on 10:18 - Mar 19 with 4424 viewsDanTheMan

Could town go bust because of this? on 10:17 - Mar 19 by patrickswell

“They’re very good at what they do” - has anyone saying this actually seen Jon Nolan’s performances for us?

I wasn't specifically talking about us.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Could town go bust because of this? on 10:56 - Mar 19 with 4359 viewsOldsmoker

Our council have told us our bins will still be emptied and the recycling will still be collected.
Imagine if these guys stopped working.
I believe everyone will have a rethink on what actually matters and what doesn't and we might be a better society for it.
But then again, once it's all over most people will revert to type cos they're basically ar*eh*les.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Could town go bust because of this? on 11:21 - Mar 19 with 4289 viewshampstead_blue

Can we add the Armed Forces to that list as well.

They will be the only group NOT getting overtime for extra work they are having to do.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Could town go bust because of this? on 12:12 - Mar 19 with 4238 viewsBlueNomad

Could town go bust because of this? on 11:21 - Mar 19 by hampstead_blue

They will be the only group NOT getting overtime for extra work they are having to do.

I think you will find there are many people, in all walks of life, who are doing extra without additional reward.
Could town go bust because of this? on 12:59 - Mar 19 with 4126 viewsJ2BLUE

Could town go bust because of this? on 11:21 - Mar 19 by hampstead_blue

We certainly can. We are lucky to have them on standby.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Could town go bust because of this? on 13:12 - Mar 19 with 4090 viewsRyorry

Could town go bust because of this? on 10:56 - Mar 19 by Oldsmoker

Our council have told us our bins will still be emptied and the recycling will still be collected.
Imagine if these guys stopped working.
I believe everyone will have a rethink on what actually matters and what doesn't and we might be a better society for it.
But then again, once it's all over most people will revert to type cos they're basically ar*eh*les.

Yes. I recommend living on a small island if people really want to find out how interdependent we all are. I lived on Orkney for best part of 3 years in the 90s, and the MVPs (most valuable people) are, you quickly discover, mechanics, road-menders, bin-people, farmers & growers medics etc. You get to know a lot of them personally & they become friends. Without any of them, modern society would break down.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Could town go bust because of this? on 13:15 - Mar 19 with 4082 viewsFreddies_Ears

Could town go bust because of this? on 13:12 - Mar 19 by Ryorry

Yes. I recommend living on a small island if people really want to find out how interdependent we all are. I lived on Orkney for best part of 3 years in the 90s, and the MVPs (most valuable people) are, you quickly discover, mechanics, road-menders, bin-people, farmers & growers medics etc. You get to know a lot of them personally & they become friends. Without any of them, modern society would break down.

This reminds me of the wonderful Monty Python sketch, Mr Bicycle Repairman. A world of superheroes, but none of them could fix a bike, so Mr Bicycle Repairman was their own superhero.
Could town go bust because of this? on 14:53 - Mar 19 with 3956 viewsChateauWines

Very thought provoking. A crazy world where couples have a child, then both go to work with one parent working to pay for somebody else to look after child. I fully accept that for the last two generations in particular, house prices and rents have moved ahead of wages, but couples now dont seem prepared to sacrifice "things" to spend more time with their children

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Could town go bust because of this? on 15:01 - Mar 19 with 3921 viewsTheonlywayisup

It's funny really.

It should not have taken this to realise such people are so underpaid and that money was not going to the right places. They had been warned.....

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates_the_next_outbreak_we_re_not_ready?language=
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024