Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could town go bust because of this? 07:58 - Mar 19 with 6043 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is going to be very badly hit given his business focusses on mass public meetings.

He may let the club go into administration. It’s his perfect cover to get out and in any event he may simply not have the money. Lots of clubs could go this way.

Could town go bust because of this? on 15:24 - Mar 19 with 1138 viewsWeWereZombies

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:10 - Mar 19 by homer_123

There's a genuine discussion to be had about what real 'value' we should be placing on things.

Doctors, Nurses, Researchers (as you say), Teachers etc.

Our values, as a society, seem extremely odd. We value vloggers and social influences (both in money terms and what people seem to believe in) more than properly trained and qualified people. I've never understood why those that look after our children get paid so little or why we are even in a situation where we have to pay others to bring our children up.

I hope we take a long hard look at what we value as a people after this.

Your third paragraph is the premise for 'Breaking Bad'.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Could town go bust because of this? on 15:45 - Mar 19 with 1114 viewsArnieM

Given how so many Town fans want Evans out , I would think they would not be in least bit bothered by Evans potentially going bust. They want him out of the Club don't they. So I Expect they are all very happy at the prospect of him going bust. I mean , its not as if having Evans as an owner is important since he "doesn't put any money in" , according to their way of thinking ( certainly not my way of thinking ).

So maybe now the Evans outers may get their wish , and then they will see how important Evans is as an owner to this Club. I hope they are all happy about this potential outcome.

…..."be careful what you wish for!.... as they say!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Could town go bust because of this? on 16:57 - Mar 19 with 1078 viewsPlums

Could town go bust because of this? on 08:10 - Mar 19 by homer_123

There's a genuine discussion to be had about what real 'value' we should be placing on things.

Doctors, Nurses, Researchers (as you say), Teachers etc.

Our values, as a society, seem extremely odd. We value vloggers and social influences (both in money terms and what people seem to believe in) more than properly trained and qualified people. I've never understood why those that look after our children get paid so little or why we are even in a situation where we have to pay others to bring our children up.

I hope we take a long hard look at what we value as a people after this.

Of course we won’t. We’ll be too busy gorging on the ‘post-war’ boom as everything gears back up again.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Could town go bust because of this? on 17:08 - Mar 19 with 1061 viewsNthQldITFC

Could town go bust because of this? on 16:57 - Mar 19 by Plums

Of course we won’t. We’ll be too busy gorging on the ‘post-war’ boom as everything gears back up again.

Humanity will eat itself.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Could town go bust because of this? on 17:48 - Mar 19 with 1050 viewsElephantintheRoom

Obviously

And if the government steps in to ssupport community clubs why would they hand out a bean to a club owned by an offshore tax avoider?

Personally I'm thinking why, in a era when Chambo and Skeuesy are millionaires - perhaps we should consider that for every Skuesy you could have 10? nurses etc.

Perhps this is the Chernobyl moment when sanity prevails.... average footballers earn an average salary.... and we value healthcare and community care a bit more.

Maybe I'm a dreamer.... but I'm not the only one etc

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Could town go bust because of this? on 18:56 - Mar 19 with 1010 viewssparks

Could town go bust because of this? on 17:48 - Mar 19 by ElephantintheRoom

Obviously

And if the government steps in to ssupport community clubs why would they hand out a bean to a club owned by an offshore tax avoider?

Personally I'm thinking why, in a era when Chambo and Skeuesy are millionaires - perhaps we should consider that for every Skuesy you could have 10? nurses etc.

Perhps this is the Chernobyl moment when sanity prevails.... average footballers earn an average salary.... and we value healthcare and community care a bit more.

Maybe I'm a dreamer.... but I'm not the only one etc

Why is this budgie still here?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Could town go bust because of this? on 19:15 - Mar 19 with 1004 viewsOxford_Blue

Could town go bust because of this? on 09:47 - Mar 19 by WeWereZombies

I would suggest to you that doctors preserve life rather than create wealth, and the same goes for nurses. That is why we look at the latter as a vocation. A description that fits teachers as well, they do not create wealth directly but they do enable wealth to be created by, some, of those they teach.

Bankers, lawyers and accountants can also be viewed as not creating wealth but do enable others to create. At best we are satisfactory at distributing wealth.

True wealth creation comes from those who extract resources, grow crops and farm livestock, plus those who manufacture.

But we are now at the point where to continue to create wealth we must mine, forest, farm and manufacture in a sustainable manner. So the enablers and those with a vocation are of equal importance to effectively do that.

Quite where footballers fit in to this I do not know, same category as pole dancers I guess.

Bankers and lawyers are pretty good at creating wealth for themselves
Could town go bust because of this? on 20:25 - Mar 19 with 971 viewsericclacton

Yes and Know, if you no watt eye meen. Seriously tho i thimk this could be the end of lower league football simply down to the fact( no money), most of the lower league clubs including us are just scratching about to stay afloat.
Login to get fewer ads

Could town go bust because of this? on 21:16 - Mar 19 with 942 viewsWeWereZombies

Could town go bust because of this? on 19:15 - Mar 19 by Oxford_Blue

Bankers and lawyers are pretty good at creating wealth for themselves

Glad you left us accountants out of the moneybag of shame. An uppie for wit but in a boringly technical sense I would still regard such service providers as accessories, predicating upon the vital stuff to adjudicate.

Which has me thinking about road builders and transport, gritty roll yer sleeves up and munch on yer Yorkie bar stuff but sitting between those absolutely Maslow's hierarchy of needs base level food, warmth, shelter and water but not perhaps at the next safety and security level.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Could town go bust because of this? on 21:47 - Mar 19 with 933 viewsOxford_Blue

Could town go bust because of this? on 21:16 - Mar 19 by WeWereZombies

Glad you left us accountants out of the moneybag of shame. An uppie for wit but in a boringly technical sense I would still regard such service providers as accessories, predicating upon the vital stuff to adjudicate.

Which has me thinking about road builders and transport, gritty roll yer sleeves up and munch on yer Yorkie bar stuff but sitting between those absolutely Maslow's hierarchy of needs base level food, warmth, shelter and water but not perhaps at the next safety and security level.

Depends how good the lawyer is.

A good idea can take an hour to come up with but save a company tens of millions. That’s wealth creation and adding value in a nutshell.

But I take your point.

Everyone hates lawyers. Except their own.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024