Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has amassed the most bog roll?? 17:47 - Mar 14 with 23482 viewssparks

Was in Argos yesterday- and saw a delivery of Ebay Collection point stuff. Someone had seemingly found and ordered (on ebay) 6x9 packs of Andrex...

My outings so far today resulted in a complete failure to secure any flour in Tesco- which was also completely out of Baked Beans, Pitta Bread, Chinese starter snacks, toilet roll, and very very low on large sections of the freezer section. Loads of fresh fruit and veg though.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 09:04 - Mar 15 with 2413 viewsDanTheMan

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 08:33 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

Without counting I have between 60 to 70. When people started panic buying I just picked up one multi pack every time I found myself in a supermarket or local shop. No panic buying. Just one multi pack at a time. Some quilted, some bargain brand. What ever came to hand.

The missus mocked me for it so I hid it away. The house ran out yesterday and she couldn’t get any from our local supermarket so she’s now eating humble pie.

I told her I’ll give my stash to the kids but she can perform handstands in the shower for the next four weeks.

We are a family of 6, 4 of whom are female so they need a wipe for a pee as well as a poo.

I've always wanted a bidet, and now those attachments are looking mighty tempting.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 09:11 - Mar 15 with 2398 viewsMJallday

I just intend to buy copies of the sun newspaper if I run out of bog roll

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 09:18 - Mar 15 with 2383 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 09:11 - Mar 15 by MJallday

I just intend to buy copies of the sun newspaper if I run out of bog roll

The Daily Mail is more absorbent.
The Sun is like sandpaper.
Tht Guardian will leave ink deposits on your cheeks.
The Star is full of sh1t already.

Glad to have been of help.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 10:33 - Mar 15 with 2362 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 00:59 - Mar 15 by footers

J2 is right, dollerz. People just pop this stuff automatically into the trolley. I've just discovered about 10kg of pasta I never needed. Most of it was bought before this crisis so undoubtedly people did it with bog roll too.

We're not talking about people who automatically put stuff in their trolley before this crisis. We're talking about panic buyers now, hoarding vast quantities of stuff and in the process denying others from having any.

It's stupid and selfish.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:07 - Mar 15 with 2353 viewsNewcyBlue

My local Asda opened at 0930 this morning it seems.

I got there for 0950 as we needed some fresh veg.

There toilet roll shelves had been restocked. Plenty of 24 packs about, people picking up one and leaving the rest. No real panic buying.

Pasta was gone. Which is annoying as Seb loves a cheesy pasta and we have one 1kg packet left.

Otherwise it was incredibly busy for a Sunday morning, with lots of men on phones getting instructions and one even shouting “but they haven’t got any! How am I supposed to buy that?” When stood abeam of empty shelves that once contained kitchen roll.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:12 - Mar 15 with 2336 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 10:33 - Mar 15 by BrixtonBlue

We're not talking about people who automatically put stuff in their trolley before this crisis. We're talking about panic buyers now, hoarding vast quantities of stuff and in the process denying others from having any.

It's stupid and selfish.

I have some loo roll you can have for a fiver Dollers. Or a tenner if it has only been used the once.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:15 - Mar 15 with 2340 viewssparks

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:12 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

I have some loo roll you can have for a fiver Dollers. Or a tenner if it has only been used the once.

I am now thinking of getting some more- so that I can send it to my parents when they are suddenly told to quarantine for 4 months...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:20 - Mar 15 with 2336 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:12 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

Cheers. I imagine the postage might be somewhat prohibitive. Then again, the parcel paper will count as a few extra sheets.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:34 - Mar 15 with 2327 viewsjeera

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 00:18 - Mar 15 by BrixtonBlue

Yes I disagree. We weren't talking about a few extra essentials (you know full well you deliberately worded it like that to make it not sound so bad).

We're talking about nearly 13 loo rolls each for a month. That's ridiculous.

Not if you're isolated for a month ill.

Stick a bout of diarrhea in there and a runny nose and you're well on target.

You can blow your nose on loo roll too if they are no tissues you know!

You and matey are over-looking that 'hoarders' on this occasion, were going out the door with trolly loads at a time until shops began capping.

There will be households with 100s of the things, literally, so best save the wrath for those and not worry too much by people who bought a pack more than usual.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 11:44]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:35 - Mar 15 with 2326 viewsLeaky

Also low on Frey Bentos tinned pies & bread flour. However no shortage of condoms, so if we all have self isolate with our family's expect a spike in the birthrate in 9 months time.
Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:40 - Mar 15 with 2319 viewsfooters

Updated list:

Gibbers - 60-70
Newcy - 50+
Bully - 50
Banksy - 45 (90 soon)
Vaporz - 35
pinewoodblueboy - 32
Pecker - 31
j2 - 30
Churchman - 30
Stokie - 27
jeera - 26
azuremerlangus - 24
Brogs - 10
Dollers - 8
Dubbers - 5/6
↓ Dear old footers - 5 (down from 6)
Sarge - 4
strikalite - 4 (assumed)
Ryorry - 2

P.S. If anyone wants to play swapsies/keepsies then please feel free. I have a four-pack of Andrex plus one other roll (brand unknown).
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 12:56]

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:45 - Mar 15 with 2304 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:40 - Mar 15 by footers

Updated list:

Gibbers - 60-70
Newcy - 50+
Bully - 50
Banksy - 45 (90 soon)
Vaporz - 35
pinewoodblueboy - 32
Pecker - 31
j2 - 30
Churchman - 30
Stokie - 27
jeera - 26
azuremerlangus - 24
Brogs - 10
Dollers - 8
Dubbers - 5/6
Sarge - 4
strikalite - 4 (assumed)
Ryorry - 2

P.S. If anyone wants to play swapsies/keepsies then please feel free. I have a four-pack of Andrex plus one other roll (brand unknown).

Anybody want to trade some Calpol for some lovely eco loo roll?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:46 - Mar 15 with 2301 viewsRyorry

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:40 - Mar 15 by footers

Updated list:

Gibbers - 60-70
Newcy - 50+
Bully - 50
Banksy - 45 (90 soon)
Vaporz - 35
pinewoodblueboy - 32
Pecker - 31
j2 - 30
Churchman - 30
Stokie - 27
jeera - 26
azuremerlangus - 24
Brogs - 10
Dollers - 8
Dubbers - 5/6
Sarge - 4
strikalite - 4 (assumed)
Ryorry - 2

Ryorry - 2

Should I be "catching up" or would that be antisocial?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:52 - Mar 15 with 2285 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:46 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

Ryorry - 2

Rhubarb (leaves) ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:55 - Mar 15 with 2278 viewsLeaky

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 19:20 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

For hand-washing you could use gin - having a high alcohol content, should kill the virus. (and better than drinking the stuff).

As a plumber, some things I have to touch are not very pleasant. I always found washing your hands in hot water which as hot as you can bear works.
Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:55 - Mar 15 with 2277 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:34 - Mar 15 by jeera

Not if you're isolated for a month ill.

Stick a bout of diarrhea in there and a runny nose and you're well on target.

You can blow your nose on loo roll too if they are no tissues you know!

You and matey are over-looking that 'hoarders' on this occasion, were going out the door with trolly loads at a time until shops began capping.

There will be households with 100s of the things, literally, so best save the wrath for those and not worry too much by people who bought a pack more than usual.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 11:44]

Haha, you are doing absolute somersaults through hoops to defend this!

Bully, or indeed anyone else in this thread, hasn't said any of their family are isolated or have diarrhoea. And we're talking 50 rolls (after he bemoaned someone in the OP having 54), not "a pack more than usual."

My 'wrath' is for anyone who's bought way more than they need and is depriving others. Stop moving the goalposts and adding caveats to make it sound better!

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:58 - Mar 15 with 2262 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:46 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

Ryorry - 2

Sorry Ryorry.
You are the Norwich City of the loo roll table.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:59 - Mar 15 with 2260 viewsjeera

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:55 - Mar 15 by BrixtonBlue

Bully, or indeed anyone else in this thread, hasn't said any of their family are isolated or have diarrhoea. And we're talking 50 rolls (after he bemoaned someone in the OP having 54), not "a pack more than usual."

My 'wrath' is for anyone who's bought way more than they need and is depriving others. Stop moving the goalposts and adding caveats to make it sound better!

"Doing summersaults"? Is there something wrong with you?

I have literally just pointed out that illness drives people to the bathroom.

You're in full on idiot mode today so I'll leave you to it, cos you're irritating me already.

Give you move fecking goalposts. Tw@t.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:00 - Mar 15 with 2259 viewsJ2BLUE

This new debating style that is gradually creeping ever further on to this forum and into the real world where people have to argue the exact point and all attempts to add context are dismissed is really quite irritating.

With that said, I concede. You win.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:01 - Mar 15 with 2256 viewsjeera

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:00 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

This new debating style that is gradually creeping ever further on to this forum and into the real world where people have to argue the exact point and all attempts to add context are dismissed is really quite irritating.

He's gone full-on prick.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:02 - Mar 15 with 2252 viewssparks

I didn't "bemoan" anything.

Of course- a family of 4, all at home for a prolonged period, with potentially some stomach problems could go through a good many. Though if you read what I have written, you will not have seen me "justifying" anything.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:02 - Mar 15 with 2246 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:59 - Mar 15 by jeera

"Doing summersaults"? Is there something wrong with you?

I have literally just pointed out that illness drives people to the bathroom.

You're in full on idiot mode today so I'll leave you to it, cos you're irritating me already.

Give you move fecking goalposts. Tw@t.

You sound like someone who's lost an argument and is resorting to abuse. Shame.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:05 - Mar 15 with 2238 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:00 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

As is adding in caveats that weren't there in the first place. Bully's family hasn't bought 50 rolls because they have the sh!ts. They've bought them because they're panic buying. Let's not beat around the bush here!

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:06 - Mar 15 with 2232 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:01 - Mar 15 by jeera

He's gone full-on prick.

You're getting angry and abusive because you know I'm right. You hate it when I'm right.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:07 - Mar 15 with 2227 viewsNewcyBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 10:33 - Mar 15 by BrixtonBlue

It's stupid and selfish.

End of the month I do a big shop and buy stuff like that in bulk.

It’s nothing scandalous Dollers.

The shelf label even tells you how much it costs per loo roll. Buying in bulk is cheaper.

Who buys a 4 pack every week when you can buy a 24 pack once a month?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024