Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has amassed the most bog roll?? 17:47 - Mar 14 with 23481 viewssparks

Was in Argos yesterday- and saw a delivery of Ebay Collection point stuff. Someone had seemingly found and ordered (on ebay) 6x9 packs of Andrex...

My outings so far today resulted in a complete failure to secure any flour in Tesco- which was also completely out of Baked Beans, Pitta Bread, Chinese starter snacks, toilet roll, and very very low on large sections of the freezer section. Loads of fresh fruit and veg though.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:07 - Mar 15 with 970 viewssparks

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:05 - Mar 15 by BrixtonBlue

As is adding in caveats that weren't there in the first place. Bully's family hasn't bought 50 rolls because they have the sh!ts. They've bought them because they're panic buying. Let's not beat around the bush here!

What are you on about? Read what people write, rather than ploughing, head down, along a furrow only you are interested in.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:11 - Mar 15 with 963 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:02 - Mar 15 by sparks

I didn't "bemoan" anything.

Of course- a family of 4, all at home for a prolonged period, with potentially some stomach problems could go through a good many. Though if you read what I have written, you will not have seen me "justifying" anything.

Not sure what the point was then, in the first part of your OP, when you tell us someone had bought 54 loo rolls.

I also don't know why you've said "justify" here and put it in quotes. I haven't said you have justified it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:13 - Mar 15 with 958 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:07 - Mar 15 by NewcyBlue

End of the month I do a big shop and buy stuff like that in bulk.

It’s nothing scandalous Dollers.

The shelf label even tells you how much it costs per loo roll. Buying in bulk is cheaper.

Who buys a 4 pack every week when you can buy a 24 pack once a month?

Where have I said doing a bulk shop at the end of the month is a problem? Where have I said buying a 24 pack is a problem?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:13 - Mar 15 with 959 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:05 - Mar 15 by BrixtonBlue

As is adding in caveats that weren't there in the first place. Bully's family hasn't bought 50 rolls because they have the sh!ts. They've bought them because they're panic buying. Let's not beat around the bush here!

I think the difference between where you are coming from and where Bully and I are coming from is that you only really have yourself to worry about.

Whereas those of us with children have a responsibility to ensure that should the worst happen, our kids have all the essentials that they will need over a period of isolation.

That's not having a pop at you. I just think you'd think and react differently if you had a family to look after.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:14 - Mar 15 with 950 viewssparks

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:11 - Mar 15 by BrixtonBlue

Not sure what the point was then, in the first part of your OP, when you tell us someone had bought 54 loo rolls.

I also don't know why you've said "justify" here and put it in quotes. I haven't said you have justified it.

You are the one inferring all sorts that is not there from other posts- you appear to have tunnel vision in this thread.

I didnt "bemoan" anyone. I noticed something and commented on it.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:15 - Mar 15 with 946 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:07 - Mar 15 by sparks

What are you on about? Read what people write, rather than ploughing, head down, along a furrow only you are interested in.

I've read what people have written. What have I got wrong in the post you're replying to?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:17 - Mar 15 with 942 viewssparks

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:15 - Mar 15 by BrixtonBlue

I've read what people have written. What have I got wrong in the post you're replying to?

You have suggested that I bemoaned something. Then you accused others of doing somersaults to justify things- when they were simply making observations. Remove head from arse Dolly.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:17 - Mar 15 with 941 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:13 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

I think the difference between where you are coming from and where Bully and I are coming from is that you only really have yourself to worry about.

Whereas those of us with children have a responsibility to ensure that should the worst happen, our kids have all the essentials that they will need over a period of isolation.

That's not having a pop at you. I just think you'd think and react differently if you had a family to look after.

Yep these are fair points. But I haven't said anything about your purchase. I think it's reasonable given you have a family of 6. I'm just asking people to be sensible.

Login to get fewer ads

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:18 - Mar 15 with 936 viewsvapour_trail

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:07 - Mar 15 by NewcyBlue

End of the month I do a big shop and buy stuff like that in bulk.

It’s nothing scandalous Dollers.

The shelf label even tells you how much it costs per loo roll. Buying in bulk is cheaper.

Who buys a 4 pack every week when you can buy a 24 pack once a month?

Hmm, not sure about the multiplication there.

See me.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:23 - Mar 15 with 923 viewsfooters

Peak TWTD. Toilet paper thread turns into mass brawl.

Please keep it going. Almost finished Sunday roast prep so will want something to read on return.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:24 - Mar 15 with 922 viewsNewcyBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:18 - Mar 15 by vapour_trail

Hmm, not sure about the multiplication there.

See me.

We do have surplus, which comes in handy at times like these.

Also comes in handy for after I have been out for an Indian!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:26 - Mar 15 with 913 viewssparks

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:24 - Mar 15 by NewcyBlue

We do have surplus, which comes in handy at times like these.

Also comes in handy for after I have been out for an Indian!

Im off down the co-op for a couple of 9 packs, just to spite Dolly.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:33 - Mar 15 with 895 viewsStokieBlue

Crouch End doesn't look like a good place to go to get bog roll:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:34 - Mar 15 with 892 viewsChurchman

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:46 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

Ryorry - 2

Should I be "catching up" or would that be antisocial?

I seem to be sliding down the league table as fast as ITFC! Still this is one occasion when I don’t want to ‘get into Europe’.
Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:38 - Mar 15 with 878 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:17 - Mar 15 by sparks

You have suggested that I bemoaned something. Then you accused others of doing somersaults to justify things- when they were simply making observations. Remove head from arse Dolly.

As I've explained, the somersaults are the caveats added to justify 50 loo rolls.

The funny thing is, Bullers, you'd normally be the first on here criticising the public for something like this.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:40 - Mar 15 with 876 viewssparks

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:38 - Mar 15 by BrixtonBlue

As I've explained, the somersaults are the caveats added to justify 50 loo rolls.

The funny thing is, Bullers, you'd normally be the first on here criticising the public for something like this.

I am not sure what you think I have said which is in opposition to that.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:50 - Mar 15 with 870 viewsNewcyBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:26 - Mar 15 by sparks

Im off down the co-op for a couple of 9 packs, just to spite Dolly.

I did buy a 24 pack today. Which has taken us up to over 50 bog rolls.

If it’s going to be such a pain to get it’s no bother to have it sitting there. Plus we have some elderly neighbours that I look out for and help them when they have problems. I’ll think nothing of giving them some.

I don’t need to put these through the neighbours doors as they know where I am, but I will do it anyway just in case they aren’t sure.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 13:04 - Mar 15 with 858 viewsbluelagos

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:07 - Mar 15 by NewcyBlue

My local Asda opened at 0930 this morning it seems.

I got there for 0950 as we needed some fresh veg.

There toilet roll shelves had been restocked. Plenty of 24 packs about, people picking up one and leaving the rest. No real panic buying.

Pasta was gone. Which is annoying as Seb loves a cheesy pasta and we have one 1kg packet left.

Otherwise it was incredibly busy for a Sunday morning, with lots of men on phones getting instructions and one even shouting “but they haven’t got any! How am I supposed to buy that?” When stood abeam of empty shelves that once contained kitchen roll.

Friday afternoon I went to Asda for my fortnightly shop and they were out of loo roll.

I asked at customer services and was told them have a daily delivery and that mornings are better, but they sell out before the afternoon. I enquired if they were rationing and they said they werent.

Seems to me a max of 1 multipack should be more than enough for anyone...

Co-op had some, so my bum will remain wiped for a while yet :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 13:10 - Mar 15 with 848 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:33 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

Crouch End doesn't look like a good place to go to get bog roll:

SB

Somebody needs to tell them about nettle leaf pesto.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 13:34 - Mar 15 with 825 viewsKBsSocks

Updated list:

Gibbers - 60-70
Newcy - 50+
Bully - 50
Banksy - 45 (90 soon)
Vaporz - 35
pinewoodblueboy - 32
Pecker - 31
j2 - 30
Churchman - 30
Stokie - 27
jeera - 26
azuremerlangus - 24
KBsUnderpants - 15
Brogs - 10
Dollers - 8
Dubbers - 5/6
↓ Dear old footers - 5 (down from 6)
Sarge - 4
strikalite - 4 (assumed)
Ryorry - 2
KBsSocks - 1 (plus about 2/3 of the one "in use")

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 13:37 - Mar 15 with 816 viewsKBsSocks

(^ that's an average of 37.000 rolls for 21 names - maybe 60 people ?)

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 13:39 - Mar 15 with 809 viewsRyorry

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 11:58 - Mar 15 by StochesStotasBlewe

Sorry Ryorry.
You are the Norwich City of the loo roll table.

Well, I say, I have never been so insulted in all my life - good mind to report that as abuse!!

You can take your N***** Sh1tty loo rooll & stick it up yer jaxi!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 13:41 - Mar 15 with 801 viewsKBsSocks

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 13:39 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

Well, I say, I have never been so insulted in all my life - good mind to report that as abuse!!

You can take your N***** Sh1tty loo rooll & stick it up yer jaxi!

Yer Aston Villa now, sorry Ryorry XXX

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 13:46 - Mar 15 with 783 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 12:50 - Mar 15 by NewcyBlue

I did buy a 24 pack today. Which has taken us up to over 50 bog rolls.

If it’s going to be such a pain to get it’s no bother to have it sitting there. Plus we have some elderly neighbours that I look out for and help them when they have problems. I’ll think nothing of giving them some.

I don’t need to put these through the neighbours doors as they know where I am, but I will do it anyway just in case they aren’t sure.

Excellent idea Newcy.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 13:56 - Mar 15 with 759 viewsNewcyBlue

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 13:46 - Mar 15 by BrixtonBlue

Excellent idea Newcy.

The older neighbours usually start off with

“I hate to be a bother” or “sorry to bother you”

And it’s normally for stuff like electric fuse has tripped, pipe leaking, smoke alarm sounding, or something such as that.

I always tell them it is no bother at all and they need just knock.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024