Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has amassed the most bog roll?? 17:47 - Mar 14 with 23299 viewssparks

Was in Argos yesterday- and saw a delivery of Ebay Collection point stuff. Someone had seemingly found and ordered (on ebay) 6x9 packs of Andrex...

My outings so far today resulted in a complete failure to secure any flour in Tesco- which was also completely out of Baked Beans, Pitta Bread, Chinese starter snacks, toilet roll, and very very low on large sections of the freezer section. Loads of fresh fruit and veg though.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 21:42 - Mar 14 with 3526 viewsvapour_trail

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 21:39 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

How many of those packets of toilet wipes = one roll?

Sorry toilet wipes?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 21:42 - Mar 14 with 3526 viewsJ2BLUE

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 21:41 - Mar 14 by BrixtonBlue

You're not one of these people who fight over the last pack then?

My mum was telling me a story on the phone earlier about a woman picking up the last pack (4 or 6 rolls, can't remember). Another woman nearby muttered "Bit selfish." The first woman said, "What? It's one pack!" then the other woman snatched the pack, ripped it open, took two rolls and walked off, leaving the first woman in tears.

No idea how she was going to get them through the tills; weigh them in the produce aisle as bananas?!

Bloody hell.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 21:45 - Mar 14 with 3522 viewsfooters

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 21:42 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Bloody hell.

Time of the month, innit.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:05 - Mar 14 with 3494 viewsJ2BLUE

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 21:42 - Mar 14 by vapour_trail

Sorry toilet wipes?

Truly impaired.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:08 - Mar 14 with 3481 viewsjeera

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:05 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Christ.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:15 - Mar 14 with 3480 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 19:57 - Mar 14 by sparks

I'm rather ashamed to admit we counted 50 this afternoon.

I bought a 9 pack a few days ago for fear of getting caught by panic buyers.

Since then, the Mrs has bought a pack every time she has seen one...

You’re part of the problem. Change your behaviour.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:18 - Mar 14 with 3468 viewsReuser_is_God

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 18:37 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

30 rolls. Not stockpiling. Seen plenty around in various places.

I wouldn't be surprised if we soon see a run on things like frozen pizzas, ice cream, beer and chocolate as the rumours of lockdown grow over the next week or two. People will be looking to add some luxuries as people look to retain some normality. It's great buying massive bags of basmati rice and endless cans of baked beans but I doubt people will really want to live on such meals for too long.

To the poster above who said paracetamol are in short supply but cold medicines aren't; I made the error of taking cold capsules once when paracetamol alone was probably the right call. If your nose isn't blocked the decongestant makes it run constantly for hours. You end up going through a couple of boxes of tissues and looking like Rudolph.

Surely having stacks of frozen pizzas is essential anyway? I have a dedicated pizza draw in my freezer.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:20 - Mar 14 with 3463 viewsjeera

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:15 - Mar 14 by WestStanderLaLaLa

You’re part of the problem. Change your behaviour.

That's a household, not his alone.

Have you not seen the people coming out of these places with stuff stacked high?

Filling their cars then going back in for more?

There's a world of difference between those and a household that does a monthly shop.

Login to get fewer ads

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:21 - Mar 14 with 3459 viewsNthQldITFC

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:18 - Mar 14 by Reuser_is_God

Surely having stacks of frozen pizzas is essential anyway? I have a dedicated pizza draw in my freezer.

Wrong shape.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:26 - Mar 14 with 3455 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:20 - Mar 14 by jeera

That's a household, not his alone.

Have you not seen the people coming out of these places with stuff stacked high?

Filling their cars then going back in for more?

There's a world of difference between those and a household that does a monthly shop.

I know. I can read. Household of 4. Same as me. We’ve got 5 rolls. I haven’t seen anyone coming out stacked high as the shelves have been bare the last couple of days because people have bought more than they need because they are scared of the panic buyers. Who then continue to buy more.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:29 - Mar 14 with 3445 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:26 - Mar 14 by WestStanderLaLaLa

I know. I can read. Household of 4. Same as me. We’ve got 5 rolls. I haven’t seen anyone coming out stacked high as the shelves have been bare the last couple of days because people have bought more than they need because they are scared of the panic buyers. Who then continue to buy more.

And when I see some, I’ll buy a pack of 4. No more.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:30 - Mar 14 with 3445 viewsjeera

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:26 - Mar 14 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Blimey. Ok, glad you can read. Good for you.

I have also been shopping this week and witnessed bare shelves - we are not alone.

There will however, be toilet rolls to be found in other shops other than large supermarkets.

On a lighter note there's just been a Cushelle toilet roll ad on the TV. If there was ever a time that an ad for those was unnecessary.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:38 - Mar 14 with 3428 viewsvapour_trail

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:05 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Are they wet?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:38 - Mar 14 with 3430 viewsJ2BLUE

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:29 - Mar 14 by WestStanderLaLaLa

And when I see some, I’ll buy a pack of 4. No more.

Fairly irresponsible to have a household of 4 and buy a four pack. I admire your determination not to be part of the problem but obtaining an adequate stock isn't a bad thing, especially when they can be difficult to find.

Truly impaired.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:42 - Mar 14 with 3423 viewsjeera

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:38 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Fairly irresponsible to have a household of 4 and buy a four pack. I admire your determination not to be part of the problem but obtaining an adequate stock isn't a bad thing, especially when they can be difficult to find.

4 per person would make more sense.

And forget the stockpiling, who wants to go shopping for loo rolls every few days?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:44 - Mar 14 with 3417 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Just been into Tesco, it was nuts, they had run out of toilet paper. Reluctantly, i headed for the checkout and asked if they had any, a firm NO was the answer.

Walking back to the toilets with my pants and trousers around my ankles was a walk i never want to do again.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:02 - Mar 14 with 3388 viewssundaze

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:44 - Mar 14 by StochesStotasBlewe

Just been into Tesco, it was nuts, they had run out of toilet paper. Reluctantly, i headed for the checkout and asked if they had any, a firm NO was the answer.

Walking back to the toilets with my pants and trousers around my ankles was a walk i never want to do again.

Brilliant, first time I have laughed all day. Thank you.
Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:03 - Mar 14 with 3386 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 21:26 - Mar 14 by footers

Please feel free to update in the event of a bartering system.

Bully - 50
Banksy - 45 (90 soon)
Vaporz - 35
pinewoodblueboy - 32
Pecker - 31
j2 - 30
Churchman - 30
Stokie - 27
jeera - 26
azuremerlangus - 24
Brogs - 10
Dollers - 8
Dear old footers - 6
Dubbers - 5/6
Sarge - 4
strikalite - 4 (assumed)
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 23:08]

45 with 45 more arriving on Monday.... Eco as well.... in total I think the village has 180 ordered. Read it and weep suckers...this is what resilience looks like.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:05 - Mar 14 with 3381 viewsjeera

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:03 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

45 with 45 more arriving on Monday.... Eco as well.... in total I think the village has 180 ordered. Read it and weep suckers...this is what resilience looks like.

You have ordered a quarter of the village supply?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:07 - Mar 14 with 3369 viewsfooters

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:03 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

Promoted to second on the leaderboard.

Christ, how many bog rolls do you people need?! Never thought about it much before, but I suppose a roll should last 3/4 days per person.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:07 - Mar 14 with 3367 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:05 - Mar 14 by jeera

You have ordered a quarter of the village supply?

These are distributed to the even poorer members of the community....on Tuesday we are commandeering an oil delivery !

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:09 - Mar 14 with 3363 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:07 - Mar 14 by footers

Christ, how many bog rolls do you people need?! Never thought about it much before, but I suppose a roll should last 3/4 days per person.

Still trying to support our investment....which I thought was long you bottler.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:09 - Mar 14 with 3363 viewsjeera

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:07 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

These are distributed to the even poorer members of the community....on Tuesday we are commandeering an oil delivery !

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:11 - Mar 14 with 3358 viewsJ2BLUE

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 22:38 - Mar 14 by vapour_trail

Are they wet?

Yea

Truly impaired.

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:12 - Mar 14 with 3355 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who has amassed the most bog roll?? on 23:07 - Mar 14 by footers

Pre empting a lockdown. This will mean watching lots of "cough" movies in the confines of my home dear boy.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024