Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food thread 14:14 - Mar 9 with 4121 viewsSarge

I’ve just come back from being on holiday, I have very little in the cupboards so I’m going shopping but I’ve no idea what to have for dinner. I eat pretty much everything and I can cook. What are you lot having?
Food thread on 14:18 - Mar 9 with 4100 viewsStokieBlue

Last nice I had onglet steak with puy lentils, fried brussel sprouts, onion puree and garlic cavolo nero puree.

Was rather nice - I recommend you give it a whirl. Cheap as well, onglet has an exceptional taste/price ratio in my opinion. If you don't fancy the other stuff just whack it in some bread with English mustard.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Food thread on 14:20 - Mar 9 with 4084 viewsSpruceMoose

Food thread on 14:18 - Mar 9 by StokieBlue

Last nice I had onglet steak with puy lentils, fried brussel sprouts, onion puree and garlic cavolo nero puree.

Was rather nice - I recommend you give it a whirl. Cheap as well, onglet has an exceptional taste/price ratio in my opinion. If you don't fancy the other stuff just whack it in some bread with English mustard.

SB

Stokie, do you ever just think 'feck it, can't be arsed tonight' and whack a couple of potato waffles under the grill while reaching for the Finder's Crispy Pancakes?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Food thread on 14:21 - Mar 9 with 4066 viewshomer_123

PANIC BUY!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Food thread on 14:23 - Mar 9 with 4058 viewsitfcjoe

Think I got some salmon out so will probably be that with a teriyaki style sauce I'll make, noodles, spring onion and peppers

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Food thread on 14:24 - Mar 9 with 4052 viewsJ2BLUE

Chickpea and potato curry.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Food thread on 14:27 - Mar 9 with 4032 viewsStokieBlue

Food thread on 14:20 - Mar 9 by SpruceMoose

Stokie, do you ever just think 'feck it, can't be arsed tonight' and whack a couple of potato waffles under the grill while reaching for the Finder's Crispy Pancakes?

Afternoon Moosemeister.

That actually sounds rather nice but I haven't made a potato waffle/crispy pancake tower since my student days. Beans on toast or baked potato with sour cream, cheese and bacon are nice go-to easy meals. I don't tend to eat ready-meals though - don't see the point.

Pasta is the obvious can't be bothered food. Easy to make a very tasty pasta in no time and with very little outlay.

The thing is I actually enjoy the making of the food, I find it all rather relaxing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Food thread on 14:29 - Mar 9 with 4018 viewsSpruceMoose

Food thread on 14:27 - Mar 9 by StokieBlue

Afternoon Moosemeister.

That actually sounds rather nice but I haven't made a potato waffle/crispy pancake tower since my student days. Beans on toast or baked potato with sour cream, cheese and bacon are nice go-to easy meals. I don't tend to eat ready-meals though - don't see the point.

Pasta is the obvious can't be bothered food. Easy to make a very tasty pasta in no time and with very little outlay.

The thing is I actually enjoy the making of the food, I find it all rather relaxing.

SB

Can't wait to come over for tea!

I'll even splash out on a nice bottle of Blossom Hill Zinfandel for us to enjoy!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Food thread on 15:14 - Mar 9 with 3951 viewsWeWereZombies

I've just had vegemince and chips with French green beans, a pear, an Ecclefechan tart (which tasted just like any other fechan tart) and four squares of Co-op plain chocolate, and two cups of something and ginger herbal tea.

And now I am going to have a nap.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Login to get fewer ads

Food thread on 16:30 - Mar 9 with 3892 viewsGeoffSentence

Wifey is rustling up some spicy beanburgers tonight. I'm not a veghead, but they are just delicious.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Food thread on 16:39 - Mar 9 with 3866 viewsSarge

back from the shop, this week’s menu will be:

A steak sandwich, basted in garlic and herb butter and served pink in a crusty roll with mustard or mustard mayo

A margherita pizza, the dough will be made tonight and used in a few days time, topped with fresh basil

A butternut squash and lentil dhansak

A butterbean and cider stew, I may throw in some Linda McC rosemary sausages and serve with buttery, parsley mash

To round out the week, an interesting recipe for ‘taco pasta’ I found online which looks meaty and cheesy and pasta-ry nd despite the fact it’s an odd fusion I’m going to go for it.

Think I’ve taken bits from your suggestions and worked around what I could get in Tesco, with the exception of you Joe, soz, not a big fan of salmon.
Food thread on 16:55 - Mar 9 with 3834 viewsitfcjoe

Food thread on 16:39 - Mar 9 by Sarge

back from the shop, this week’s menu will be:

A steak sandwich, basted in garlic and herb butter and served pink in a crusty roll with mustard or mustard mayo

A margherita pizza, the dough will be made tonight and used in a few days time, topped with fresh basil

A butternut squash and lentil dhansak

A butterbean and cider stew, I may throw in some Linda McC rosemary sausages and serve with buttery, parsley mash

To round out the week, an interesting recipe for ‘taco pasta’ I found online which looks meaty and cheesy and pasta-ry nd despite the fact it’s an odd fusion I’m going to go for it.

Think I’ve taken bits from your suggestions and worked around what I could get in Tesco, with the exception of you Joe, soz, not a big fan of salmon.

F**k you then!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Food thread on 17:01 - Mar 9 with 3809 viewsMullet

Food thread on 16:55 - Mar 9 by itfcjoe

F**k you then!

Pretty sure you'll get court marshalled for that Joe!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Food thread on 18:44 - Mar 9 with 3732 viewsSarge

Food thread on 17:01 - Mar 9 by Mullet

Pretty sure you'll get court marshalled for that Joe!

Yeah Joe.

If I was real and not a green plastic toy whose bayonet is a choke hazard, but was the star of a cult series of PS1/2 games, then that kind of sailor talk would land you out of this man’s platoon!
Food thread on 19:11 - Mar 9 with 3676 viewsNthQldITFC

I just enjoyed a nice plate of bog roll sauteed in anti-bacterial hand sanitiser. Not my first choice, but I have so much of both and I didn't want them to go to waste.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Food thread on 19:14 - Mar 9 with 3663 viewsPecker

Pork chops with bubble & squeak for us tonight.
Food thread on 19:18 - Mar 9 with 3655 viewsNewcyBlue

Food thread on 18:44 - Mar 9 by Sarge

Yeah Joe.

If I was real and not a green plastic toy whose bayonet is a choke hazard, but was the star of a cult series of PS1/2 games, then that kind of sailor talk would land you out of this man’s platoon!

Don’t worry Joe, the Navy takes anyone.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Food thread on 19:49 - Mar 9 with 3607 viewsGuthrum

No idea. Just got home, looked in the fridge and there is a courgette (slightly shrivelled). So start from there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Food thread on 20:22 - Mar 9 with 3570 viewsBloomBlue

Where did you go on holiday?

#shouldyoubeselfisolating
Food thread on 20:23 - Mar 9 with 3569 viewsHerbivore

Food thread on 19:49 - Mar 9 by Guthrum

No idea. Just got home, looked in the fridge and there is a courgette (slightly shrivelled). So start from there.

That'll fill a hole.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Food thread on 21:05 - Mar 9 with 3527 viewsGuthrum

Food thread on 20:23 - Mar 9 by Herbivore

That'll fill a hole.

Sliced and baked courgette, topped with pseudo-Dauphinoise potatoes (didn't have any cream, but lots of farmhouse cheddar). Couldn't be arsed with meat.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Food thread on 21:08 - Mar 9 with 3522 viewsSarge

Food thread on 19:49 - Mar 9 by Guthrum

I think this old advert was made for you

Food thread on 21:09 - Mar 9 with 3519 viewsSarge

Food thread on 20:22 - Mar 9 by BloomBlue

Where did you go on holiday?

#shouldyoubeselfisolating

Sweden. Worried I picked up kronavirus.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024