Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... 19:27 - Feb 25 with 4297 viewshamburger_sv

get automatic promotion from League one this season with this team? Magilton, Keane, Jewell, McCarthy, and Hurst

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 19:30 - Feb 25 with 4281 viewsPecker

3 if not 4 of them. McCarthy defo. Magic defo. Keane/Jewell prob. Hurst no chance.
Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 19:51 - Feb 25 with 4241 viewsPJH

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 19:30 - Feb 25 by Pecker

3 if not 4 of them. McCarthy defo. Magic defo. Keane/Jewell prob. Hurst no chance.

Although with the first two we would not have been in this division to start with.
Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 23:45 - Feb 25 with 4176 viewsGirthyguy

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 19:30 - Feb 25 by Pecker

All 4 imo. Lamberts too busy telling everyone about his Dortmund days.
Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 08:43 - Feb 26 with 4086 viewsitfcjoe

Mick would

I even think Jewell would as he could get us scoring goals which is a big part of it, he wouldn't be able to turn round a bad run though

Not sure re Jim, his spell is being looked back at with blue tinted specs recently

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 08:51 - Feb 26 with 4075 viewsBigManBlue

Definitely Mick. We'd probably even look quite slick in this league! (Though I still hold that all football suddenly looks a lot better on the eye when you're winning a lot).

Magic probably, Jewell and Keane maybe.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 09:02 - Feb 26 with 4040 viewsHerbivore

Definitely Mick, probably Jewell purely because he'd have got this side on the front foot and we'd have too much for most teams playing that way. Magilton and Keane are maybes for me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 10:42 - Feb 26 with 3971 viewspointofblue

Pretty sure Mick would be able to.
Jewell underachieved with what he had here and in work in the transfer market was poor. I don’t think he’d been able to turn it around.
Keane would have put more and more pressure on players to succeed until they crumbled under the weight.
Jim struggled with expectation and didn’t make the most of the opportunity he had before.
Hurst... couldn’t make a strong Scunthorpe squad competitive in League Two.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 10:49]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 10:46 - Feb 26 with 3962 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yes, probably all except Hurst because with this squad that should be expectation.

I say it again, Wycombe and Fleetwood are above us, they have squads far worse than us.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 12:22 - Feb 26 with 3904 viewsSamWhiteUK

Honestly, there are times when I've thought I could have got us out of this division
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 12:23]
Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 12:32 - Feb 26 with 3879 viewsPecker

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 12:22 - Feb 26 by SamWhiteUK

Honestly, there are times when I've thought I could have got us out of this division
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 12:23]

Your avatar would suggest not.
Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 12:43 - Feb 26 with 3857 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Only Mick. We would almost certainly be worse off with the other three.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 12:58 - Feb 26 with 3823 viewsr2d2

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 10:46 - Feb 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yes, probably all except Hurst because with this squad that should be expectation.

I say it again, Wycombe and Fleetwood are above us, they have squads far worse than us.

Are their squads worse than ours? They are better suited to the football in this league than we are. People are so deluded to keep thinking our squad is great. Its pretty average. Even when we were winning games it was never convincing. We got relegated as probably the worst championship team ever. Most of that team is now failing in league 1. Says it all really
Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 13:02 - Feb 26 with 3820 viewsReuser_is_God

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 09:02 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Definitely Mick, probably Jewell purely because he'd have got this side on the front foot and we'd have too much for most teams playing that way. Magilton and Keane are maybes for me.

I reckon Jim would.

PR was a fortress for an extended period under him & we'd have been good enough to pick up points away from home at a lower level.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 13:09 - Feb 26 with 3802 viewsHerbivore

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 13:02 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

I reckon Jim would.

PR was a fortress for an extended period under him & we'd have been good enough to pick up points away from home at a lower level.

Although in his final season we were crap at home and he didn't seem to deal that well with the level of expectation that season. Those are my niggling doubts about him doing the business.

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 13:13 - Feb 26 with 3795 viewsSwansea_Blue

I need the forearm circumference stats before being able to fully answer that question.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 13:16 - Feb 26 with 3789 viewsclive_baker

I would definitely have backed Mick to get us up. I think he would've addressed the issues defensively and physical threat up front. Ultimately he seems to be a very good man manager, the players respected him and wanted to play for him.

Jewell - We probably would be more like Peterborough, might ultimately fall a little short but would have had a bit more fun along the way.

Keane and Hurst, no. I refuse to admit they would ever have done anything positive here. Time seems to be something of a healer but never forget how shockingly sh1t these 2 were here and the damage they caused.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 13:35 - Feb 26 with 3762 viewsTractorCam

Away from Evans, imagine Joe Royle with this side.

Definitely 100 points, 100 goals.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 14:24 - Feb 26 with 3722 viewsoldburian

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 12:58 - Feb 26 by r2d2

Are their squads worse than ours? They are better suited to the football in this league than we are. People are so deluded to keep thinking our squad is great. Its pretty average. Even when we were winning games it was never convincing. We got relegated as probably the worst championship team ever. Most of that team is now failing in league 1. Says it all really

Exactly right. The disillusionment about our squad being the strongest in the division is laughable.
Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 14:33 - Feb 26 with 3715 viewsHerbivore

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 12:58 - Feb 26 by r2d2

Yes, their squads are worse than ours. And we weren't the worst Championship side in history, not even the worst in recent years in fact. We managed quite a few more points than the Rotherham side that went down in 2017 and came straight back up the following year. Only one of the last six relegated sides has failed to make the play offs and four of those sides went straight back up. Given how we didn't lose players and added to the squad over the summer we should be plenty good enough to be pushing for promotion. Rotherham seem to be managing it okay, again. Let's not let a clueless manager off the hook by pretending we have a middling League 1 squad. Most managers in this division would swap their squad for ours in a heartbeat.

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 14:46 - Feb 26 with 3695 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Would any of our past managers during Evan's ownership be able to... on 14:33 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Yes, their squads are worse than ours. And we weren't the worst Championship side in history, not even the worst in recent years in fact. We managed quite a few more points than the Rotherham side that went down in 2017 and came straight back up the following year. Only one of the last six relegated sides has failed to make the play offs and four of those sides went straight back up. Given how we didn't lose players and added to the squad over the summer we should be plenty good enough to be pushing for promotion. Rotherham seem to be managing it okay, again. Let's not let a clueless manager off the hook by pretending we have a middling League 1 squad. Most managers in this division would swap their squad for ours in a heartbeat.

Thank you !!!!!

People genuinely think Wycombe or Fleetwood have a better squad than us, do me a favour.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024