Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you 17:25 - Feb 22 with 17721 viewsartsbossbeard

Those who were "offended" by being "sworn at" by mick - this is on you.

Those of you who called mick a child molester at Brentford - this is on you.

This isn't what I wished for.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 11:07 - Feb 23 with 2492 viewsDarth_Koont

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 11:00 - Feb 23 by Mullet

Of course we wouldn't, and it was said at the time but the manner in which people wanted to dismiss it was the point.

Had we had these people backing the team though, who knows where we'd have got to?

There's retreading it and there's those so keen to rewrite it rather than learn from it. Evans is killing us, how and why is debatable, but it's very clear people still won't own their mistakes either.

Mick did in more in his first six months here to unite the fanbase than Lambert ever has, but that is tellingly forgotten too easily too. I guess that's because they're still so invested in their view of him and how wrong they got it.

Exactly.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 11:10 - Feb 23 with 2487 viewsNewcyBlue

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:14 - Feb 23 by textbackup

I reckon you should go and follow ROI full time, it’s not the club of IPSWICH you love, it’s the ex ex manager.

Literally every post you refer to him.

He got Sht, he gave sht, we often played sht, sometimes won playing sht, supporting us at the end of his time was sht. Obvious he held the place together more than many knew, or will admit. But you and others aren’t going to get him back. You didn’t even try and save him. His name wasn’t sung for 2 seasons, by anyone.

ME let MM down by not giving him funds. If he had, even I can admit that MM would have better used them than anyone we’ve had since Burley, and would have possibly taken us up. ME fcked it up again.

Him going was right, the appointments since have been the problem.

“ME let MM down by not giving him funds. If he had, even I can admit that MM would have better used them than anyone we’ve had since Burley, and would have possibly taken us up. ME fcked it up again.“

It’s all rather sorry isn’t it? Mick’s time here was up, due to the unhappy supporters. The football had gotten boring to watch, grinding out results isn't pretty.

Unfortunately he was the glue that held the place together.

We need to move on, but seem to be stuck. We need Mick from 2012 to come in and sort us out.

Lambert seems to be trying, but he just can’t get the team firing on the pitch, at least not in any consistent basis. I’ve never been convinced by Lambert, he’s quickly undoing the good work he did in uniting the supporters and bringing them back to Portman Road.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 11:19 - Feb 23 with 2467 viewspointofblue

Of course we wouldn't, and it was said at the time but the manner in which people wanted to dismiss it was the point.

Had we had these people backing the team though, who knows where we'd have got to?

There's retreading it and there's those so keen to rewrite it rather than learn from it. Evans is killing us, how and why is debatable, but it's very clear people still won't own their mistakes either.

Mick did in more in his first six months here to unite the fanbase than Lambert ever has, but that is tellingly forgotten too easily too. I guess that's because they're still so invested in their view of him and how wrong they got it.

Those who don’t want to learn will never do so, no matter how many times the point may be made or the hypocrisy displayed.

I’ll be honest, I was bored at the end of Mick’s run. Going to Portman Road was a chore rather than a pleasure. It was hard to back the team when more often than not I was trying to keep myself awake.

Is it better now? Dear oh dear, no. Does that mean Mick’s time wasn’t up? No. Do I think he could have done more to placate the fans? Yes. Do I think the fans, including myself in hindsight, could have done more to support Mick and the team? Yes. Should we be doing more now to support the team? Not sure - the fans were certainly brilliant last year but is this the time to turn? Is Lambert the right man for the job? Not for me but I do have a clear replacement in mind... then again, Hurst was my number one pick after Mick’s departure so I’m probably the wrong person to ask.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 13:14 - Feb 24 with 2358 viewsmarchy

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 19:21 - Feb 22 by Mullet

Rewrite history and the trajectory of this thread I presume. I'm not bold enough to pretend I can read your mind then lay it out here to suit myself.

Pretty much everything in your first post is a bad faith take of what I said laced with completely made up examples. As I asked before. I wonder why?

Because in amongst all the verbosity and floridity there's continual reference to a "they" which does a swathe of our fanbase a disservice. I haven't put any words in your mouth - you've agreed with the OP laying the blame at the feet of those who "baited" or abused Mick, then gone on to suggest that they were an influential enough proportion of the crowd to have "forced Evans' hand" in getting rid of him because he was inclined to "panic about ST sales and listen to them".

They weren't. They were a disproportionately vocal minority of w*nkers, who were and are rightly derided as such. If there was any panic about season ticket sales it will have arisen from the proportion who weren't going to games any more, not those who were and embarrassed themselves. I haven't rewritten anything - you've either got the maths wrong, got the cause/effect wrong, or are too blinded by your admiration for Mick to look at things objectively.

Me? I'm in the former group. Some time shortly after we sold our talisman Murphy and replaced him with Leon f*cking Best, I stopped caring. Games weren't enjoyable, signs of progress and ambition were disappearing, and erstwhile nobodies like Huddersfield and Brentford were leaving us in the dust. I'd had enough of all other teams' fans seemingly having a lot more fun than I was, spending my hard-earned on something I wasn't getting much out of anymore, and hearing Mick, in his inexplicable willingness to play lightning rod and draw fire away from our ridiculously inept owner, essentially scoffing at anyone who dared hope for anything better. I never once booed. But I stopped going regularly. I stopped caring, and I hate that that happened. Not all Mick's fault per se - but neither are the droves fans who seem to have had the same response to blame for what's happened. Yet by your definition, we are.

As for changing the trajectory of the thread, yes, fair cop, because I would love to see any shred of reason to believe that Mick would have stuck around and turned down the Ireland job mere months after he left, and still been with us for any influential further period of time if fans hadn't wanted him out. But there won't be any. There'll just be another "BCWYWF" thread which imagines he'd have stayed with us forever.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 13:17]
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 13:18 - Feb 24 with 2349 viewsPJH

"These people" did back the team, it was just that the team they backed was Hull or Rotherham or Barnsley...
No it's not..... on 13:20 - Feb 24 with 2353 viewsBloots

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:17 - Feb 23 by Superblue95

This times a million.

The fact that people can’t see that we didn’t just get relegated only because Mick left is a staggering show of stubbornness.

....Evans has effectively only made one correct decision of any type during his tenure and that was to appoint Mick.

Every other decision has been a load of plop. Whether that's appointing managers, sacking them too late, season tickets prices, appointing "MDs", removing ticket concessions, communicating with the fans, 5 point plans, etc, etc.

It was plainly obvious he was going to get yet another decision wrong when Mick left.

Therefore we were effectively relegated the moment Mick walked out of the door.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 13:27 - Feb 24 with 2335 viewsMrTown

Tough sh*t, put your dummy back in and get on with it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:30 - Feb 24 with 2319 viewsBloots

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 13:27 - Feb 24 by MrTown

Tough sh*t, put your dummy back in and get on with it.

....and that's what you came up with?

What's the point?

Login to get fewer ads

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:35 - Feb 24 with 2301 viewsartsbossbeard

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:30 - Feb 24 by Bloots

What's the point?

I think he's still drooling over Andre's pre season "on another plateau" performance v Braintree in a 2-0 loss.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:37 - Feb 24 with 2290 viewsMrTown

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:30 - Feb 24 by Bloots

What's the point?

To. Get. On. With. It.

The man left two years ago. He was a great manager for Town, but he is gone, this type of thread has been repeated and repeated and repeated once again with no purpose.

If you want to s*ck Mick off, get yourself a nice Irish top, drink a sh*t ton of Guinness and watch their European Qualifiers against Slovakia.

Otherwise, please shut the f*ck and change the record.

Last month he was calling out.... on 13:39 - Feb 24 with 2274 viewsBloots

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:35 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

I think he's still drooling over Andre's pre season "on another plateau" performance v Braintree in a 2-0 loss.

....by name, anyone who dared to criticise Lambert and saying that he was doing a great job.

He's a very odd character, I've been saying it for a long time.

What a strange boy you are. (n/t) on 13:41 - Feb 24 with 2261 viewsBloots

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:37 - Feb 24 by MrTown

To. Get. On. With. It.

The man left two years ago. He was a great manager for Town, but he is gone, this type of thread has been repeated and repeated and repeated once again with no purpose.

If you want to s*ck Mick off, get yourself a nice Irish top, drink a sh*t ton of Guinness and watch their European Qualifiers against Slovakia.

Otherwise, please shut the f*ck and change the record.

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 13:42 - Feb 24 with 2252 viewsKieran_Knows

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:31 - Feb 23 by Mullet

Definitely some of it did, but the outlay of millions on Nolan, Toto, Jackson, Edwards etc. wasn't covered by sales alone. Hurst after he was sacked went on record complaining that Evans hid McGoldrick's wages from the budgets before he got there, for example alongside what we would have paid to get CVV, Connelly etc. in.

However, it's pretty clear Evans as he does with all new managers opened up the chequebook and the club to a needless churn, to allow Hurst's vanity project and put his stamp on everything.

We went back up to 11th above Norwich and Leeds though, so that doesn't stack up either. As I said when we had that crazy start to the season people on here were chomping at the bit to point out "it won't last" because they were desperate to be vindicated. The longer that went on the more noxious they became.

The decisions made were because of the manner of the split. There wasn't some weird divorce of eras. Hurst came in and was so overawed he decided to play the big man and it backfired massively. People were on here defending him right up until his last game or two, it's just not true to suggest anything else.

I've said it before, but I was told Dave Bowman had lined up permanent deals for Connolly and CCV (both players interested in signing also), only for Hurst to want to bring his own players in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:42 - Feb 24 with 2250 viewsMrTown

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:35 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

Wasn't that 2 years ago...?

Is it my fault I am drooling over a talented footballer, whilst you drool over Mick McCarthy bent over spreading his butt cheeks.

Don't be angry at me for that?

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 13:42 - Feb 24 with 2248 viewsKieran_Knows

This thread is comedy gold. Knew it would get Sitters going as well, the boy absolutely loves to see it.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 13:45]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What a strange boy you are. (n/t) on 13:43 - Feb 24 with 2239 viewsMrTown

What a strange boy you are. (n/t) on 13:41 - Feb 24 by Bloots

That's the symbolic language of "f*ck, I've got nothing left to say".

I take that as a big compliment, a winning compliment.

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:44 - Feb 24 with 2226 viewsartsbossbeard

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:42 - Feb 24 by MrTown

Is it my fault I am drooling over a talented footballer, whilst you drool over Mick McCarthy bent over spreading his butt cheeks.

It's not anger, it's agog-ness.

Still.

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 13:46 - Feb 24 with 2215 viewsartsbossbeard

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 13:42 - Feb 24 by Kieran_Knows

I've said it before, but I was told Dave Bowman had lined up permanent deals for Connolly and CCV (both players interested in signing also), only for Hurst to want to bring his own players in.

Connolly is very true. Can't confirm the CCV one as I'd not heard that but it wouldn't surprise me.

That's an interesting stance to take..... on 13:46 - Feb 24 with 2216 viewsBloots

What a strange boy you are. (n/t) on 13:43 - Feb 24 by MrTown

That's the symbolic language of "f*ck, I've got nothing left to say".

I take that as a big compliment, a winning compliment.

....totally incorrect but interesting.

Personally I always know that someone has run out of things to say when they have to start chucking expletives into every sentence.

As I said, you're a strange little fella.

Take that as a compliment if you need one.

Are you having some sort of breakdown? (n/t) on 13:47 - Feb 24 with 2209 viewsBloots

You waited two days to respond.... on 13:42 - Feb 24 by MrTown

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 13:48 - Feb 24 with 2196 viewsmarchy

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 13:42 - Feb 24 by Kieran_Knows

Christ.
No it's not..... on 13:54 - Feb 24 with 2174 viewsSuperblue95

No it's not..... on 13:20 - Feb 24 by Bloots

....Evans has effectively only made one correct decision of any type during his tenure and that was to appoint Mick.

Every other decision has been a load of plop. Whether that's appointing managers, sacking them too late, season tickets prices, appointing "MDs", removing ticket concessions, communicating with the fans, 5 point plans, etc, etc.

It was plainly obvious he was going to get yet another decision wrong when Mick left.

Therefore we were effectively relegated the moment Mick walked out of the door.

Keeping Mick would have been another mistake in my opinion. We obviously aren’t going to agree on this though so I’ll leave it at that.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Fair enough, opinions and all that. (n/t) on 13:55 - Feb 24 with 2164 viewsBloots

No it's not..... on 13:54 - Feb 24 by Superblue95

Keeping Mick would have been another mistake in my opinion. We obviously aren’t going to agree on this though so I’ll leave it at that.

What a strange boy you are. (n/t) on 13:56 - Feb 24 with 2162 viewsSuperblue95

What a strange boy you are. (n/t) on 13:41 - Feb 24 by Bloots

I can agree with your thoughts on this though

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 13:57 - Feb 24 with 2158 viewssotd78

I've read most of this trail.
I wrote to MM towards the end saying I thought he should stay and ignore the vocal minority. I did that because I feared that Evans would simply carry on under-funding the club.
i also however, disliked the boorish behaviour that McCarthy showed . The F-off to the fans was not the first. Two years before he turned on the Family Enclosure (draw breath and think about that for a second - that's kids who really don't need to see or hear it) and told us in there to F-off - all because we were suggesting 442 might be good idea with Sears sitting on the bench gagging to get on.
So whilst McCarthy was a very good manager, very able to make us competitive on a lower half budget, he was however well past his sell-by date.

The club has stagnated for ten years. Patched up. Now it seems that we have a five year commitment; we'll not have any better budget, but we will have structure, infrastructure, and coaches all working towards the SAME end. That's the Lambert situation. Evens has bought into it. Without a vast amount of bedsheets and a mass walk away from season ticket renewals we will carry on.

And the majority of the very stoic fan base will put up with it. Me included.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024