Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you 17:25 - Feb 22 with 17716 viewsartsbossbeard

Those who were "offended" by being "sworn at" by mick - this is on you.

Those of you who called mick a child molester at Brentford - this is on you.

This isn't what I wished for.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 20:14 - Feb 22 with 1740 viewsbluejacko

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 19:37 - Feb 22 by 44_not_out

Hah.... got to love a numbskull

Here’s an idea, instead of a community champion bringing the match ball out, we could have a match day numbskull do it!

You really must let it go you know!
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 20:18 - Feb 22 with 1729 viewsKeaneish

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 19:16 - Feb 22 by agentp

Why was it in Mick's hands to save himself? He didn't need to, he was always going to walk into something else with enough of a salary to sit back, sip his favourite wine and watch the demise that most knew would come.

When he left it was no coincidence that we instantly became relegation favourites and almost every pundit thought we would struggle. Rarely are so many pundits proved right.

Yeah, his football was at times dire, but some games I have sat through this season is far worse and were against fcking Wimbledon and Accrington, not Derby and Scum. Our current form just as Mick's was, Mid-table. The only difference is it's the fcking 3rd division.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:18]

He could easily have eaten some humble pie or backed down from his him versus others stance and ceased being so belligerent. He became a PR disaster toward the end and I did a lot of his good work in the eyes of many.

No more Mick chat for me. Done it to death.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 21:11 - Feb 22 with 1692 viewsagentp

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 20:18 - Feb 22 by Keaneish

He could easily have eaten some humble pie or backed down from his him versus others stance and ceased being so belligerent. He became a PR disaster toward the end and I did a lot of his good work in the eyes of many.

No more Mick chat for me. Done it to death.

But he didn't and he didn't need to. Why anyone should be expected to eat humble pie for being the victim of chants that merged football with kiddy fiddling I will never know. It does ask some serious questions about the morality of some. FWIW, I see the same frustrations in Lambert.

I won't mention MM again either. I'll just look at the league table and take stock. I'm pleased he can look at it too, it must be the perfect pick-me-up for him, for being subjected to the sh1te of paragraph 1.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 21:20 - Feb 22 with 1666 viewsjas0999

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 17:26 - Feb 22 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Oh f*** off.

Mick had to go.

The fact we’ve recruited poor replacements doesn’t change that.

This is on Evans. Not us.

Idiot.

Indeed - this is on Evans. Terrible decisions.
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 21:31 - Feb 22 with 1637 viewsDoctor_Earman

You're making a lot of assumptions here.

What's to say that Mick would've wanted to stay another x amount of years anyway? Don't forget, he was the one that left the club of his own volition. What if Ireland or a better club job came calling?

It's plain for most to see that MM's time was up here. Not only did he tell the fans to ''f*** off'', he made a point of deliberately baiting supporters during press conferences and interviews. The football was turgid most of the time, there was little excitement, almost no connection with the fans, cup games were a joke etc. Mick did do a good job on the whole though, especially in the transfer market and man management. Evans probably would have loved Mick to stay but the relationship between MM and the fans had soured so much that he rightly feared that season tickets sales would plummet.

The issue wasn't Mick leaving but Hurst (both his terrible recruitment and man management skills). Evans of course signed off on all of this. The fans throughout last season were brilliant and backed the team to such an extent that the players were saying they got away with murder. We in turn rightly expected a positive response this season as a way of the players/management repaying that support and loyalty - it's not happening.

The situation we're in now is on three people: Marcus Evans, Paul Hurst, and Paul Lambert. NOT the fans!
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 01:25 - Feb 23 with 1556 viewstextbackup

what if we done none of those things mentioned, but were bored shtless watching his team? and, you know, maybe felt a change was needed as fans of this club? its all so very easy pretending to be too cool to care that its sht.... but you yourself questioned if you'd get a season ticket next year, so you are in the boat I was in when MM was here.

as we don't directly appoint a manager, can we be blamed for the poor appointment/s?

no didn't think so

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 01:32 - Feb 23 with 1549 viewstextbackup

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 18:49 - Feb 22 by Mullet

You're spot on. There's a lot of guilt and blood on many hands, they were after all the rightful (and entitled) majority, as they were keen to revel in once he had gone.

However, expecting them to admit they've fcuked up is fruitless, let alone the chance to take responsibility for it. As there is also the fact that Evans was gutless enough to panic about ST sales and listen to them, both in getting rid and getting behind Hurst without the checks and balances until it was too late.

They will be keen to as ever, blame someone else, and it certainly isn't the lion's share on the bedsheets, but they were the ones who forced Evans' hand time and again. The lack of outrage since, tells us everything.

didnt ME offer MM a contract, MM turned it down? so whats this utter rubbish about forcing evans? MM left off his own back

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 06:27 - Feb 23 with 1516 viewsyesjohn99

I wasn’t offended by Micks potty mouth. Nor did I label him a child molester. Those ‘fans’ are nobs. I was just fed up watching the most boring football week in week out.

It was never a choice of Mick or relegation. I’m sure there was someone out there who could have done the same job as mick but slightly prettier (we can all speculate on who, but no point, the moment has long gone). Evans just got it wrong. Really wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:41 - Feb 23 with 1448 viewsagentp

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 06:27 - Feb 23 by yesjohn99

I wasn’t offended by Micks potty mouth. Nor did I label him a child molester. Those ‘fans’ are nobs. I was just fed up watching the most boring football week in week out.

It was never a choice of Mick or relegation. I’m sure there was someone out there who could have done the same job as mick but slightly prettier (we can all speculate on who, but no point, the moment has long gone). Evans just got it wrong. Really wrong.

You have control of the board. Name them.......
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 9:50]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:44 - Feb 23 with 1444 viewsr2d2

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 17:26 - Feb 22 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Oh f*** off.

Mick had to go.

The fact we’ve recruited poor replacements doesn’t change that.

This is on Evans. Not us.

Idiot.

How did Mick have to go? Only because of idiots who baited him every week. We were in the championship. We wouldnt be in this mess now. Some people on here really are ridiculous.
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:47 - Feb 23 with 1442 viewsr2d2

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 17:46 - Feb 22 by Mr_Ipswich

What a load of cr@p.

Mick did nothing.

His time was up.

It’s all Evans, end of

Mick did nothing? Well, if you base that on not getting relegated and keeping us in the championship, then you must be right!
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:48 - Feb 23 with 1440 viewsSitfcB

It’s really annoying because the Mick haters were, in reality, only a small minority.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:51 - Feb 23 with 1431 viewspointofblue

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:44 - Feb 23 by r2d2

How did Mick have to go? Only because of idiots who baited him every week. We were in the championship. We wouldnt be in this mess now. Some people on here really are ridiculous.

The relationship between Mick and the fans was poisonous by the end of his time here. Him staying would have dragged the club down further through infighting and division, maybe not as quick as we have fallen but in the same direction. Yes, the fans played a part but Mick responded. The football was dire, dull, attritional and one-dimensional for the most part. In his final season Rotherham picked up their only away point of the campaign here (and should have really got a win), we were hit for three by a Hull side looking downwards and were outplayed by Burton, being lucky to get away with a draw. These are not the exceptions to the rule either.

Mick did a lot for the club on the pitch but there was very little to aspire to or look forward to going to Portman Road. The decisions since have hurt the club further but that doesn’t mean Mick leaving was a mistake.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:52 - Feb 23 with 1427 viewsr2d2

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 19:13 - Feb 22 by marchy

And there's a lot of broader and broader brushstrokes being painted in depicting the rosy halcyon days of 2017, like how you now appear to be suggesting that everyone who wasn't going to renew their season ticket was responsible for hounding Mick out, rather than just the Neanderthals that abused him.

Being bored sh*tless to the point of no longer considering it worthwhile paying a substantial sum to watch increasingly boring football whilst so many teams formerly inferior to us got their acts together in the meantime is not the same as behaving like that bunch of pricks at Brentford did.

But we are, as ever, back on the Escher staircase of dodgy logic where nobody seems to entertain the possibility that plummeting crowd numbers was going to make staying in the Championship harder and harder, and that some time or other (very, very likely late 2017 when Ireland came calling), Mick was going to leave us, regardless of why. Whose fault was it going to be then?

It's Evans. It has always been, is, and for goodness knows how long will be, Evans.

You speak of plummeting crowds. Wait until next season, then you will see plummeting crowds. Bet the numbskulls who wanted Mick out wont be there in their droves next season.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 10:00]
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:56 - Feb 23 with 1417 viewsMullet

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:51 - Feb 23 by pointofblue

The relationship between Mick and the fans was poisonous by the end of his time here. Him staying would have dragged the club down further through infighting and division, maybe not as quick as we have fallen but in the same direction. Yes, the fans played a part but Mick responded. The football was dire, dull, attritional and one-dimensional for the most part. In his final season Rotherham picked up their only away point of the campaign here (and should have really got a win), we were hit for three by a Hull side looking downwards and were outplayed by Burton, being lucky to get away with a draw. These are not the exceptions to the rule either.

Mick did a lot for the club on the pitch but there was very little to aspire to or look forward to going to Portman Road. The decisions since have hurt the club further but that doesn’t mean Mick leaving was a mistake.

The second he started winning they shut up. Had Evans given him half of what he gave Hurst we'd have had another decent season.

It's easy to cherry pick terrible games over six years as evidence, but they were "bettered" consistently after he went and nigh on weekly without much of a peep let alone the venom or blinkered self-delusion Mick has had since.

We all know why, but it's pretty obvious now as then, that Mick was keeping everything together. The fact people wanted and demanded more, then haven't held the club and his successors to that scrutiny is telling.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:58 - Feb 23 with 1404 viewsr2d2

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:51 - Feb 23 by pointofblue

People keep saying the relationship between Mick and the fans had become toxic. The guy was given dogs abuse by a section of the support, week in, week out. When he gave it back they cried like big girls blouses. There were an awful lot who didnt give him abuse, but those who did got what they deserved. Numbskulls was a very apt word for them.
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:02 - Feb 23 with 1392 viewstomo

Surely there can’t still be people who think getting rid of Mick was the right thing to do? Surely?
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:14 - Feb 23 with 1360 viewstextbackup

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:56 - Feb 23 by Mullet

The second he started winning they shut up. Had Evans given him half of what he gave Hurst we'd have had another decent season.

It's easy to cherry pick terrible games over six years as evidence, but they were "bettered" consistently after he went and nigh on weekly without much of a peep let alone the venom or blinkered self-delusion Mick has had since.

We all know why, but it's pretty obvious now as then, that Mick was keeping everything together. The fact people wanted and demanded more, then haven't held the club and his successors to that scrutiny is telling.

I reckon you should go and follow ROI full time, it’s not the club of IPSWICH you love, it’s the ex ex manager.

Literally every post you refer to him.

He got Sht, he gave sht, we often played sht, sometimes won playing sht, supporting us at the end of his time was sht. Obvious he held the place together more than many knew, or will admit. But you and others aren’t going to get him back. You didn’t even try and save him. His name wasn’t sung for 2 seasons, by anyone.

ME let MM down by not giving him funds. If he had, even I can admit that MM would have better used them than anyone we’ve had since Burley, and would have possibly taken us up. ME fcked it up again.

Him going was right, the appointments since have been the problem.

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:17 - Feb 23 with 1349 viewsSuperblue95

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 06:27 - Feb 23 by yesjohn99

This times a million.

The fact that people can’t see that we didn’t just get relegated only because Mick left is a staggering show of stubbornness.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:17 - Feb 23 with 1346 viewsr2d2

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:14 - Feb 23 by textbackup

I reckon you should go and follow ROI full time, it’s not the club of IPSWICH you love, it’s the ex ex manager.

Literally every post you refer to him.

He got Sht, he gave sht, we often played sht, sometimes won playing sht, supporting us at the end of his time was sht. Obvious he held the place together more than many knew, or will admit. But you and others aren’t going to get him back. You didn’t even try and save him. His name wasn’t sung for 2 seasons, by anyone.

ME let MM down by not giving him funds. If he had, even I can admit that MM would have better used them than anyone we’ve had since Burley, and would have possibly taken us up. ME fcked it up again.

Him going was right, the appointments since have been the problem.

Supporting us now is better then is it? Tell me why, lm all ears?
Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:21 - Feb 23 with 1332 viewstextbackup

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:17 - Feb 23 by r2d2

Supporting us now is better then is it? Tell me why, lm all ears?

If you could highlight where I’ve said that I’d be grateful. Ta

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:26 - Feb 23 with 1320 viewspointofblue

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 09:56 - Feb 23 by Mullet

Didn’t the money Hurst spent come from flogging Waghorn, Webster, Garner, saving on McGoldrick’s wages etc. rather than from Evans himself? He then decided to take the approach of taking punts on lower division players rather than working the free and loan market.

The issue is it isn’t cherry picking - using Lambert’s adage the blip slowly became the norm as we developed into a side which ground out results and went rapidly backwards; we fell from 6th to 7th to 16th. As a side we looked tired and clueless in an attacking sense over and over again, co scantly looking to grind out a result and bring deathly dull to watch in the process. Now, fair enough, against the top sides that was our best bet but not when watching us follow those teams struggling to make their mark on the division; this is where the frustration for many came from.

I’m not trying to belittle Mick’s achievements here; he did a good job on what was a tight budget. But when the fans turned he turned against them rather than placate. He may have had good reason but what’s the good of going round in circles about it now? I’d say because of the actions of both it let to a horrible divorce, one which I’d freely admit the club has never recovered from. But that’s because of the decisions since, rather than the original choice to split.

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:31 - Feb 23 with 1303 viewsMullet

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:26 - Feb 23 by pointofblue

Didn’t the money Hurst spent come from flogging Waghorn, Webster, Garner, saving on McGoldrick’s wages etc. rather than from Evans himself? He then decided to take the approach of taking punts on lower division players rather than working the free and loan market.

The issue is it isn’t cherry picking - using Lambert’s adage the blip slowly became the norm as we developed into a side which ground out results and went rapidly backwards; we fell from 6th to 7th to 16th. As a side we looked tired and clueless in an attacking sense over and over again, co scantly looking to grind out a result and bring deathly dull to watch in the process. Now, fair enough, against the top sides that was our best bet but not when watching us follow those teams struggling to make their mark on the division; this is where the frustration for many came from.

I’m not trying to belittle Mick’s achievements here; he did a good job on what was a tight budget. But when the fans turned he turned against them rather than placate. He may have had good reason but what’s the good of going round in circles about it now? I’d say because of the actions of both it let to a horrible divorce, one which I’d freely admit the club has never recovered from. But that’s because of the decisions since, rather than the original choice to split.

Definitely some of it did, but the outlay of millions on Nolan, Toto, Jackson, Edwards etc. wasn't covered by sales alone. Hurst after he was sacked went on record complaining that Evans hid McGoldrick's wages from the budgets before he got there, for example alongside what we would have paid to get CVV, Connelly etc. in.

However, it's pretty clear Evans as he does with all new managers opened up the chequebook and the club to a needless churn, to allow Hurst's vanity project and put his stamp on everything.

We went back up to 11th above Norwich and Leeds though, so that doesn't stack up either. As I said when we had that crazy start to the season people on here were chomping at the bit to point out "it won't last" because they were desperate to be vindicated. The longer that went on the more noxious they became.

The decisions made were because of the manner of the split. There wasn't some weird divorce of eras. Hurst came in and was so overawed he decided to play the big man and it backfired massively. People were on here defending him right up until his last game or two, it's just not true to suggest anything else.

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:53 - Feb 23 with 1275 viewspointofblue

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:31 - Feb 23 by Mullet

Definitely some of it did, but the outlay of millions on Nolan, Toto, Jackson, Edwards etc. wasn't covered by sales alone. Hurst after he was sacked went on record complaining that Evans hid McGoldrick's wages from the budgets before he got there, for example alongside what we would have paid to get CVV, Connelly etc. in.

However, it's pretty clear Evans as he does with all new managers opened up the chequebook and the club to a needless churn, to allow Hurst's vanity project and put his stamp on everything.

We went back up to 11th above Norwich and Leeds though, so that doesn't stack up either. As I said when we had that crazy start to the season people on here were chomping at the bit to point out "it won't last" because they were desperate to be vindicated. The longer that went on the more noxious they became.

The decisions made were because of the manner of the split. There wasn't some weird divorce of eras. Hurst came in and was so overawed he decided to play the big man and it backfired massively. People were on here defending him right up until his last game or two, it's just not true to suggest anything else.

Yes, I’m not denying mistakes were made after Mick left - horrifically dangerous mistakes. And it did stem from Evans giving Hurst carte blanche to do what he wanted but can you imagine the response if Hurst revealed his hands were tied over the summer? He had the upper hand at that point.

To be fair, we never were going to maintain that crazy start because it was a case of every strike going in. It wasn’t being cynical or willing defeats; it was being realistic. We were playing no better than the end of the previous year, we were just getting the breaks which soon dried up and were nit creating enough to score the goals required (sound familiar?)

Rather than balancing the tension between the fans and the players - the one thing Lambert is trying to do - Hurst decided to put his lot in with the fans in response to the end of Mick’s time, where he took the opposite approach.

But the fact is Mick has gone; is re-treading old ground really the right thing for the club moving forward?

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 11:00 - Feb 23 with 1261 viewsMullet

Those of you who baited mick - this is on you on 10:53 - Feb 23 by pointofblue

Yes, I’m not denying mistakes were made after Mick left - horrifically dangerous mistakes. And it did stem from Evans giving Hurst carte blanche to do what he wanted but can you imagine the response if Hurst revealed his hands were tied over the summer? He had the upper hand at that point.

To be fair, we never were going to maintain that crazy start because it was a case of every strike going in. It wasn’t being cynical or willing defeats; it was being realistic. We were playing no better than the end of the previous year, we were just getting the breaks which soon dried up and were nit creating enough to score the goals required (sound familiar?)

Rather than balancing the tension between the fans and the players - the one thing Lambert is trying to do - Hurst decided to put his lot in with the fans in response to the end of Mick’s time, where he took the opposite approach.

But the fact is Mick has gone; is re-treading old ground really the right thing for the club moving forward?

Of course we wouldn't, and it was said at the time but the manner in which people wanted to dismiss it was the point.

Had we had these people backing the team though, who knows where we'd have got to?

There's retreading it and there's those so keen to rewrite it rather than learn from it. Evans is killing us, how and why is debatable, but it's very clear people still won't own their mistakes either.

Mick did in more in his first six months here to unite the fanbase than Lambert ever has, but that is tellingly forgotten too easily too. I guess that's because they're still so invested in their view of him and how wrong they got it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024