Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) 09:44 - Jan 4 with 7417 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:26 - Jan 4 with 714 viewsHerbivore

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:22 - Jan 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

No I haven't. What I am dealing with is 3 posters for who no proof is possible, and as often as I try to move it on you're all back on it with the; "Show me proof - NOW"

It's all a bit weird really.

All of us would accept proof, assuming it's proof and not something like your previous Acorah example which is proof of nothing. You're not even willing to offer evidence despite claiming you've seen things that have at least partly convinced you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:26 - Jan 4 with 714 viewsRadlett_blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 10:49 - Jan 4 by sparks

I have tried to resist comment.

I don't question people saying that they found him a nice and caring man.

I do question whether someone who takes money from vulnerable people, by claiming to communicate with dead loved ones, can ever really be considered "caring" or "decent".
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 10:52]

Absolutely. A fraudster and con man, who made a living out of preying on the vulnerable and unwary.
As far as I am concerned, he can rot in hell with Max Clifford.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:28 - Jan 4 with 710 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:21 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Proof would be plenty enough for me, but you're not offering any. I'll ask again: what evidence is there that the dead may be able to communicate with us?

Female voices with no female in the room.
Objects moved in a locked room.
Objects thrown from an area with no body in it.
The sound of machinery being operated when the room containing it is locked and the machinery hasn't been operated for 35 years.
Stones being thrown directly at me from a darkened corridor which when the torch came on revealed no-one else in the corridor.

Voices being heard seemingly responding to questions,
The sound of footsteps on wooden flooring when only stone flooring exists in the entire building

But none of that will move you at all.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:28 - Jan 4 with 703 viewsjeera

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:22 - Jan 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

No I haven't. What I am dealing with is 3 posters for who no proof is possible, and as often as I try to move it on you're all back on it with the; "Show me proof - NOW"

It's all a bit weird really.

It's not weird at all.

The idea of ghosts is downright ridiculous.

You're not 12 mate.

Good grief.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:29 - Jan 4 with 700 viewsHerbivore

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:28 - Jan 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

The sound of machinery being operated when the room containing it is locked and the machinery hasn't been operated for 35 years.
Stones being thrown directly at me from a darkened corridor which when the torch came on revealed no-one else in the corridor.

The sound of footsteps on wooden flooring when only stone flooring exists in the entire building

Spooky.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:30 - Jan 4 with 696 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Can I just add, that Ouija Boards, Glass Moving, Table Tipping, Pendulums all bulls hit.

The things I've listed could not be explained at the time, and still can now.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:32 - Jan 4 with 691 viewsHerbivore

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:30 - Jan 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Can I just add, that Ouija Boards, Glass Moving, Table Tipping, Pendulums all bulls hit.

The things I've listed could not be explained at the time, and still can now.

Not being able to explain something doesn't make the positing of an explanation such as ghosts anymore likely to be accurate.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:33 - Jan 4 with 681 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:32 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Not being able to explain something doesn't make the positing of an explanation such as ghosts anymore likely to be accurate.

Like I said, I'm done.

Login to get fewer ads

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:33 - Jan 4 with 678 viewsFunge

I got smashed on THC oil a while back, and my missus had to drive my car home for me.

Explain that, skeptic!
Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:35 - Jan 4 with 670 viewsStokieBlue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:29 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Spooky.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:36 - Jan 4 with 661 viewsStokieBlue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:33 - Jan 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Like I said, I'm done.

Would still like to see you refute the obvious connection in your witchfinder example but fair enough.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:36 - Jan 4 with 659 viewsHerbivore

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:33 - Jan 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Like I said, I'm done.

It all could have been powerful but invisible aliens?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:38 - Jan 4 with 651 viewssparks

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:10 - Jan 4 by jeera

You can't prove something doesn't exist.

You're being difficult for the sake of it.

Feck, this goes against everything you're asserted yourself.

No- I am being logical. It does the argument little good to make a definitive assertion about something that can't be proven.

Of course, there seems to be little difference between something that doesnt exist, and something in respect of which we can demonstrate no actual effect on the world around us...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:39 - Jan 4 with 647 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:45 - Jan 4 by LankHenners

2 things - people will talk about things when it's in the news, his death opens up discussions about him and his practice. Secondly, you earn the respect you have at death in your life. Whilst it's very sad for family members and people who were close to them, you can't expect someone dying to cause people to completely change or forget their held views on that person.

I get that.

I just find it distasteful that a thread titled ‘Derek Acorah RIP’ would have him referrer to as ‘Scum’, etc by some.

Surely a different thread would be better for that.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:42 - Jan 4 with 639 viewsclive_baker

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 16:55 - Jan 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

As I've said before, Thats fine.
You on the other hand seem rather upset that someone might disagree with your point of view.

You're entitled to your's, I'm entitled to mine. If you want to have a grown up chat about it, great.

If you want to get a bit snippy, take it out on Lambert.

It’s what he does best.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:42 - Jan 4 with 639 viewsjeera

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:38 - Jan 4 by sparks

No- I am being logical. It does the argument little good to make a definitive assertion about something that can't be proven.

Of course, there seems to be little difference between something that doesnt exist, and something in respect of which we can demonstrate no actual effect on the world around us...

I'm sure you have made similar assertions when it comes to God.

Prove there's no God.

I can categorically say it's absurd, made-up nonsense.

Proof? Millennia of no proof and knowing I'm not a believer in fairy tales.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:43 - Jan 4 with 633 viewseireblue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:08 - Jan 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Again. I'm getting a bit bored of going round in circles.

I've not said that Derek was genuine, nor did I say he wasn't preying on people. All I said was occasionally he said stuff that was really hard to research.

He wasn't at Guys for a TV Show, it was a private event, with around 25-30 guests. He'd of been paid around £250 to work from 9pm til 2am. Lot of work to research that for 5 hours work I'd say.

Maybe you're more committed than I am.

A skeptic isn’t really someone that sits on a fence.

A skeptic tends to be a person that holds a position, and requires a degree of sufficient evidence to move from that position.

The TV show that Derek worked for had researchers. They did some research specifically into the Witchfinder General.

All I am saying is that people including Derek were motivated by money to research stuff.

You did specifically make the point “I must say that I knew him from his paranormal investigations, not from 1-2-1 readings which are polar opposites really.”

And you used the Guys Cliffe house as an example.

I can’t see the difference, between a “presence” mentioning that some from a few centuries back had popped in for a night, and a ”presence” supposedly trying to talk to a loved one.

I can see a link, and that would be, he was conning people.

I am a skeptic. I hold the position that he was a con man, that made money from grief, and TV people filling schedules.

I haven’t yet heard any evidence to shift me from that position.

I wouldn’t have time or resource to take four weeks off work to investigate a person caught out lying many times. So I am not that committed.
Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:45 - Jan 4 with 629 viewsjeera

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:39 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I get that.

I just find it distasteful that a thread titled ‘Derek Acorah RIP’ would have him referrer to as ‘Scum’, etc by some.

Surely a different thread would be better for that.

Because you view his crimes* to be lesser than others?

I don't want to get too distasteful by listing a few suggestions and will assume you can think of a few yourself.

*conning innocents and lying to the bereaved should be a crime if it isn't already.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:45 - Jan 4 with 630 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Blimey. Having now read thread (most of it) and seeing that people also knew him personally on here, it’s even more despicable that he’s continued to be slagged off.

Not nice to see.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:46 - Jan 4 with 621 viewsjeera

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:45 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Blimey. Having now read thread (most of it) and seeing that people also knew him personally on here, it’s even more despicable that he’s continued to be slagged off.

Not nice to see.

You have read the other stuff too then?

Obviously not.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:47 - Jan 4 with 613 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:45 - Jan 4 by jeera

Because you view his crimes* to be lesser than others?

I don't want to get too distasteful by listing a few suggestions and will assume you can think of a few yourself.

*conning innocents and lying to the bereaved should be a crime if it isn't already.

But the point is, it isn’t a crime. But the guy has died and choosing this thread to slag him off (not aimed at you) is in poor taste.

Whether it’s a con or not isn’t up to me to decide anyway. Plenty of people believe in the paranormal and all that jazz.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:50 - Jan 4 with 598 viewsjeera

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:47 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

But the point is, it isn’t a crime. But the guy has died and choosing this thread to slag him off (not aimed at you) is in poor taste.

Whether it’s a con or not isn’t up to me to decide anyway. Plenty of people believe in the paranormal and all that jazz.

You still haven't read the whole thread despite saying you did.

Otherwise you might be rethinking.

I began fairly polite.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:51 - Jan 4 with 592 viewsJ2BLUE

Not nice to see.

He's being slagged off for being a fraud. There is plenty of evidence that he's a total fraud and has made a career conning people by playing on their emotions.

No one is wishing him any pain in any real or imagined afterlife but they are calling him a fraud. Because he was a fraud.

I think it was Derren Brown who got a reading done for someone who wasn't dead and the medium managed to contact them in the afterlife which is some achievement.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:59 - Jan 4 with 571 viewsRadlett_blue

Not nice to see.

"knew him personally"?
Probably attended one of his shows and fell for his charm. Most fraudsters and con men have plenty of that.
If anyone who has been posting on here was a genuine personal friend of Mr Acorah, I apologise to them.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 18:03 - Jan 4 with 550 viewsHerbivore

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:42 - Jan 4 by clive_baker

It’s what he does best.

Being irrelevant is what you do best.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024