Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) 09:44 - Jan 4 with 7422 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 18:05 - Jan 4 with 957 viewsjeera

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:59 - Jan 4 by Radlett_blue

"knew him personally"?
Probably attended one of his shows and fell for his charm. Most fraudsters and con men have plenty of that.
If anyone who has been posting on here was a genuine personal friend of Mr Acorah, I apologise to them.

You and others could answer him honestly down-voters.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 18:05 - Jan 4 with 953 viewsLankHenners

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:39 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I get that.

I just find it distasteful that a thread titled ‘Derek Acorah RIP’ would have him referrer to as ‘Scum’, etc by some.

Surely a different thread would be better for that.

I won't make specific examples to avoid being accused of a false equivalence but that logic doesn't really stack up if you follow it through does it?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 18:06 - Jan 4 with 947 viewseireblue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:51 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

He's being slagged off for being a fraud. There is plenty of evidence that he's a total fraud and has made a career conning people by playing on their emotions.

No one is wishing him any pain in any real or imagined afterlife but they are calling him a fraud. Because he was a fraud.

I think it was Derren Brown who got a reading done for someone who wasn't dead and the medium managed to contact them in the afterlife which is some achievement.

Well that will be because that consciousness and memory doesn’t actually reside in the physical brain. Someone mentioned that on here before.

So the “afterlife” is not really about where we go after death. Death is just about giving up the physical body and reverting to the natural state of consciousness.

In the natural state of pure consciousness, passing of time is not really a concept that physical beings can process, the pure consciousness can adopt and be in many different states.

This is what the ancients understood and hence why Buddhists and Native American shamans were able to tap into this pure consciousness and interpret this as re-incarnation.

See what happened there is the medium was simply attuned to the pure consciousness of a living being. This is what psychics and mind readers are able to grasp. In this case the medium had tuned into the pure consciousness, and the pure consciousness doesn’t always relay what state it is in. This is why sometimes a human medium finds it hard to communicate a pure message into something that is relevant to a specific point in physical space and time.

God lord this sh*t is easy to make up, and a lot easier than my real job.

Hmmm...
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 18:09]
Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 18:09 - Jan 4 with 934 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 18:05 - Jan 4 by jeera

You and others could answer him honestly down-voters.

Answer him honestly? How so?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 18:10 - Jan 4 with 928 viewsJ2BLUE

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 18:06 - Jan 4 by eireblue

Well that will be because that consciousness and memory doesn’t actually reside in the physical brain. Someone mentioned that on here before.

So the “afterlife” is not really about where we go after death. Death is just about giving up the physical body and reverting to the natural state of consciousness.

In the natural state of pure consciousness, passing of time is not really a concept that physical beings can process, the pure consciousness can adopt and be in many different states.

This is what the ancients understood and hence why Buddhists and Native American shamans were able to tap into this pure consciousness and interpret this as re-incarnation.

See what happened there is the medium was simply attuned to the pure consciousness of a living being. This is what psychics and mind readers are able to grasp. In this case the medium had tuned into the pure consciousness, and the pure consciousness doesn’t always relay what state it is in. This is why sometimes a human medium finds it hard to communicate a pure message into something that is relevant to a specific point in physical space and time.

God lord this sh*t is easy to make up, and a lot easier than my real job.

Hmmm...
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 18:09]

I never thought of it that way...

I'm off to get a medium to contact someone for me so I can tell them they're a c unit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 18:20 - Jan 4 with 907 viewsBogblue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:22 - Jan 4 by footers

That's an interesting point.

Girl I went to school with also does this (charging up to £20 p/h for readings!) and she genuinely believes that she can talk with the spirit world through tarot etc. But on the other hand there are thousands of books on cold reading which are essentially instructions manuals on deception.

Interesting how people can convince themselves of things like that, no matter how rational a person they are. Still a load of bllocks either way, in my v humble onion :)

yeah but, politicians seem to manage it all the time!
Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 18:27 - Jan 4 with 883 viewseireblue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 18:10 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

I never thought of it that way...

I'm off to get a medium to contact someone for me so I can tell them they're a c unit.

Hmmm....let me know what they charge, I’ll give you a 10% discount and chuck a couple of extra F words into the ethereal realm of pure consciousness for you.
Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 19:08 - Jan 4 with 853 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:29 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Spooky.

It’s a bit unfair this.

You asked for some examples, were given a list of personal examples from someone who’s been in the field for 10 years and then reply with a one word provocative response.

I don’t have much opinion either way on ghosts and the like but to be so dismissive of Cheltneham_Blue here seems totally unfair.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 19:11 - Jan 4 with 852 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:50 - Jan 4 by jeera

You still haven't read the whole thread despite saying you did.

Otherwise you might be rethinking.

I began fairly polite.

I had read all but the last few posts when replying to that.

I’ve now read the whole thread.

I’m not rethinking anything.

It’s all very TWTD in so many ways this thread and I’ll leave you all to it

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 19:15 - Jan 4 with 833 viewsHerbivore

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 19:08 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s a bit unfair this.

You asked for some examples, were given a list of personal examples from someone who’s been in the field for 10 years and then reply with a one word provocative response.

I don’t have much opinion either way on ghosts and the like but to be so dismissive of Cheltneham_Blue here seems totally unfair.

I asked for evidence.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 4 with 821 viewsStokieBlue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 17:45 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Blimey. Having now read thread (most of it) and seeing that people also knew him personally on here, it’s even more despicable that he’s continued to be slagged off.

Not nice to see.

He literally wrote in a newspaper that he had been in touch with Madeline McCann in the afterlife.

Everything in this thread is accurate. Obituaries aren't just for covering the nice things in peoples lives, that's not the purpose of them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 20:44 - Jan 4 with 784 viewsjeera

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 19:11 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I had read all but the last few posts when replying to that.

I’ve now read the whole thread.

I’m not rethinking anything.

It’s all very TWTD in so many ways this thread and I’ll leave you all to it

Which part of the man robbed innocent people and went to the extremes of claiming to have contacted the McCann child are you ok with?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 20:47 - Jan 4 with 780 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 20:44 - Jan 4 by jeera

Which part of the man robbed innocent people and went to the extremes of claiming to have contacted the McCann child are you ok with?

I did say I’m not engaging in the thread any more as I’m leaving you lads to it. As you asked a question, just thought I’d show that I’ve read it but aren’t ignoring you.

Not my thread, not my row. This’ll be a 10 pager by tomorrow I suspect

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 20:53 - Jan 4 with 767 viewsSwailsey

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 20:44 - Jan 4 by jeera

Agreed. Total fraud, disrespectful, offensive, manipulative, coercive etc etc.

If he did it all for free I may think differently of him.

I’m sorry he has passed and I’m sorry if any on here knew him personally, but as other’s have said - mediums ALL take advantage of people who are mourning and profit from it. It is despicable and shouldn’t be legal.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 22:19 - Jan 4 with 718 viewsjeera

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 20:47 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I did say I’m not engaging in the thread any more as I’m leaving you lads to it. As you asked a question, just thought I’d show that I’ve read it but aren’t ignoring you.

Not my thread, not my row. This’ll be a 10 pager by tomorrow I suspect

You expressed some amount of judgemental indignation, refuse to back it up and leave in a snot.

Don't comment if your only input is to be rude to your friends.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 07:48 - Jan 5 with 663 viewsChondzoresk

In 2005 my property appeared on a television programme which Mr Acorah was involved with. I was with Mr Acorah' during the filming. All I can say is that he was a very nice bloke, however a complete charlatan and fraud.
Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:11 - Jan 5 with 614 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 22:19 - Jan 4 by jeera

You expressed some amount of judgemental indignation, refuse to back it up and leave in a snot.

Don't comment if your only input is to be rude to your friends.

On an Internet forum, I can reply if and when I choose to be fair Jeera.

I actually clicked the thread to mention that I’d watched him on CBB 2017. It was only upon clicking the thread did I see yet ANOTHER RIP thread was basically just a way for some people to slag off the deceased. No matter who it is (obviously someone like Jimmy Saville doesn’t apply here), I always feel like an RIP thread should be respectful. Perhaps that’s just me.

And there’s a difference between having better things to do on a Saturday night than argue on the Internet and ‘leaving in a snot’. Seems like the only one being rude there is yourself. Now.. move on shall we.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:23 - Jan 5 with 586 viewsSwailsey

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:11 - Jan 5 by The_Romford_Blue

I actually clicked the thread to mention that I’d watched him on CBB 2017. It was only upon clicking the thread did I see yet ANOTHER RIP thread was basically just a way for some people to slag off the deceased. No matter who it is (obviously someone like Jimmy Saville doesn’t apply here), I always feel like an RIP thread should be respectful. Perhaps that’s just me.

And there’s a difference between having better things to do on a Saturday night than argue on the Internet and ‘leaving in a snot’. Seems like the only one being rude there is yourself. Now.. move on shall we.

There’s that indignation again!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:38 - Jan 5 with 578 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:23 - Jan 5 by Swailsey

There’s that indignation again!

I don’t know what that means in all honesty.

Edit - Google is my friend here - ‘anger or annoyance provoked by what is perceived as unfair treatment.’

Why would I be angry? And why would you think I think I’m being treated unfairly. I’m treated on here no better or worse than anyone else. Everyone is the same. We’re all town fans here. I’d have a drink in real life before a game with anyone off here. And often have (at least 15 people off here have met me in person - yourself included). Back in the day, who’d have thought I’d share a pint with Benters and Taxi? The point is, it’s the internet. I’m not trying to provoke anyone nor do I feel provoked.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 11:41]

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:45 - Jan 5 with 567 viewseireblue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:38 - Jan 5 by The_Romford_Blue

I don’t know what that means in all honesty.

Edit - Google is my friend here - ‘anger or annoyance provoked by what is perceived as unfair treatment.’

Why would I be angry? And why would you think I think I’m being treated unfairly. I’m treated on here no better or worse than anyone else. Everyone is the same. We’re all town fans here. I’d have a drink in real life before a game with anyone off here. And often have (at least 15 people off here have met me in person - yourself included). Back in the day, who’d have thought I’d share a pint with Benters and Taxi? The point is, it’s the internet. I’m not trying to provoke anyone nor do I feel provoked.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 11:41]

“ obviously someone like Jimmy Saville doesn’t apply here”

Well, obviously.

So a line can be crossed, for some people that line will be different.

You seem to think, other peoples standards do not meet yours.
Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:47 - Jan 5 with 565 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:45 - Jan 5 by eireblue

“ obviously someone like Jimmy Saville doesn’t apply here”

Well, obviously.

So a line can be crossed, for some people that line will be different.

You seem to think, other peoples standards do not meet yours.

One of them is something that is followed and enjoyed by millions of people worldwide and is perfectly legal, the other is the rape of hundreds of children from a paedophile. There’s quite clearly a difference.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 12:06 - Jan 5 with 544 viewseireblue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:47 - Jan 5 by The_Romford_Blue

One of them is something that is followed and enjoyed by millions of people worldwide and is perfectly legal, the other is the rape of hundreds of children from a paedophile. There’s quite clearly a difference.

Well, done. You understood the point.

People have different views on what is moral.

There are obviously bad things.

There are other things that people find reprehensible.

Mediums are covered by the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations Act.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7354089.stm

Of course that is part of the con, the people that believe they have been put in contact with a loved one don’t complain.
Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 12:28 - Jan 5 with 530 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 12:06 - Jan 5 by eireblue

Well, done. You understood the point.

People have different views on what is moral.

There are obviously bad things.

There are other things that people find reprehensible.

Mediums are covered by the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations Act.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7354089.stm

Of course that is part of the con, the people that believe they have been put in contact with a loved one don’t complain.

I’m not going to engage any further because your first line is just plain rude. You’re better than that.

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 12:45 - Jan 5 with 514 viewsJ2BLUE

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 11:11 - Jan 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Derek is fine with it mate, we got someone to ask him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 13:08 - Jan 5 with 489 viewseireblue

Derek Acorah RIP (n/t) on 12:28 - Jan 5 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m not going to engage any further because your first line is just plain rude. You’re better than that.

You were trying to make a point on what you think is acceptable, and by so doing, stating that what others are doing is un-acceptable.

I took your posting, and use of the Jimmy Saville example, to try and make a moral point, e.g. you have standards on RIP posts, that others do not, as distasteful.

JS is an obvious example.

The only counter example you given is based on ignorance, “perfectly legal” is incorrect.

In effect, you are being critical of other posters, based on a position of ignorance.

I could have been much ruder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024