Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the actual hell 13:09 - Jan 1 with 3163 viewsSitfcB

Crazy crazy

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What the actual hell on 13:33 - Jan 1 with 600 viewsKeaneish

What the actual hell on 13:32 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

Much as a Blubbers meltdown will be hilarious to see, I'm finding it hard to laugh too much about the news overall. Utterly baffling.

It’s staggering. Lose today and I thought he’d be gone. They really are 100% behind him!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What the actual hell on 13:34 - Jan 1 with 593 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What the actual hell on 13:25 - Jan 1 by Bent_double

I think you're right, ME must be persuaded by PLs long term ideas/plans and has bought into them.

PL may well get money to spend in the next few weeks, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we have to lose one or more of Dozy/Woolf/Downes/Huwes/Judge.

I think we need to shed some of our centre mids. We're awash with them, and it's causing problems. Skuse, Huws, Doz, Bishop, Downes, Nolan plus the academy kids coming through, all competing for two spots.

Wouldn't be surprised to see two moved out on permanent deals and two on loans.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 13:35]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What the actual hell on 13:35 - Jan 1 with 594 viewsGuthrum

Long-term project, innit. That's what Evans has been saying for the last year or more, not some sudden change of direction.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What the actual hell on 13:35 - Jan 1 with 589 viewshampstead_blue

What the actual hell on 13:32 - Jan 1 by footers

Wonder if there are any jobs going at ME group? Hire me Marcus lad, I don't have a clue what I'm doing :)

Too late. He's just given the best job to some scottish bloke from the pub.

Sorry Footers. Looks like you're stuck being good in your current job. There is always Margeaux.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

What the actual hell on 13:35 - Jan 1 with 590 viewsSwailsey

Oh.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

What the actual hell on 13:37 - Jan 1 with 565 viewspointofblue

What the actual hell on 13:35 - Jan 1 by Guthrum

Long-term project, innit. That's what Evans has been saying for the last year or more, not some sudden change of direction.

Certainly we’ve been moving in one direction for the last couple of seasons.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What the actual hell on 13:40 - Jan 1 with 529 viewsjeera

You can see the need for long-term planning, sure.

But that sort of decision usually comes off the back of some achievement doesn't it, like maybe if we'd been promoted back to the Championship.

Strange decision to me and it feels as ever that the owner is out of touch.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Unbelievable! on 13:43 - Jan 1 with 507 viewspablovian

An incredibly stupid decision made by an out-of-touch absentee owner.

I'm outta here.
Login to get fewer ads

What the actual hell on 13:44 - Jan 1 with 491 viewsRyorry

Was thinking along similar lines - long-term plan with PL bringing in an assistant soonish & then himself eventually moving "upstairs" in some kind of DoF role would be my guess.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What the actual hell on 13:46 - Jan 1 with 471 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What the actual hell on 13:40 - Jan 1 by jeera

You can see the need for long-term planning, sure.

But that sort of decision usually comes off the back of some achievement doesn't it, like maybe if we'd been promoted back to the Championship.

Strange decision to me and it feels as ever that the owner is out of touch.

I'm certainly no fan of our owner, but this strikes me as a reaction to some of the complaints and grumbles from us lot.

Evans has literally said to us all, "no matter what you think, in my opinion he's doing a good job and he's staying."

Of course, now it has to pan out, else it'll cost Evans a lot of money.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What the actual hell on 13:48 - Jan 1 with 451 viewsNthQldITFC

Cobbold:Robson all over again (kind of, not drawing personal comparisons obviously).

It could turn out well again, nobody but nobody knows, just get behind the whole fkn team and do a bit of old-fashioned unconditional supporting.

COYB.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What the actual hell on 13:49 - Jan 1 with 452 viewsitfcjoe

I’d heard about this being close a few weeks back (16/12) from an irregular poster on here - we’d assumed club waiting for decent time or it had been put on hold as things gone terribly since - evidently not. Crazy and totally needless, still 18 months to run, by which point we’ll either be out of this league or rightly gone

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What the actual hell on 13:49 - Jan 1 with 438 viewsGuthrum

What the actual hell on 13:46 - Jan 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm certainly no fan of our owner, but this strikes me as a reaction to some of the complaints and grumbles from us lot.

Evans has literally said to us all, "no matter what you think, in my opinion he's doing a good job and he's staying."

Of course, now it has to pan out, else it'll cost Evans a lot of money.

There may be conditional clauses in the contract, which we don't know about. Possibly related to gaining promotion in May.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What the actual hell on 13:51 - Jan 1 with 415 viewsDubtractor

WTF.

Only ITFC would give a manager a 5 year contract as a reward for a 10 game run without a win.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What the actual hell on 13:52 - Jan 1 with 399 viewsJDB23

This club is an absolute shambles. Actually speechless at this decision.
What the actual hell on 13:54 - Jan 1 with 388 viewsmonty_radio

What the actual hell on 13:44 - Jan 1 by Ryorry

Was thinking along similar lines - long-term plan with PL bringing in an assistant soonish & then himself eventually moving "upstairs" in some kind of DoF role would be my guess.

Sounds deliberately well-organised, and therefore, improbable.

M.E.'s other businesses obviously function somewhere that the law of supply and demand doesn't.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

What the actual hell on 13:54 - Jan 1 with 384 viewsswede

This is exactly what the Cobbold brothers did back in 1971 for Bobby Robson after that infamous 3-1 defeat by Manchester United where some in the crowd chanted for Robson to be sacked.

That didn't turn out too badly in the end :)
What the actual hell on 13:56 - Jan 1 with 363 viewsPinewoodblue

What the actual hell on 13:49 - Jan 1 by Guthrum

There may be conditional clauses in the contract, which we don't know about. Possibly related to gaining promotion in May.

A new contract gives an opportunity to include a promotion bonus from League One. Would also no doubt have an agreed termination payment included. So length of contract maybe meaningless.

Surprised by the timing though.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What the actual hell on 14:03 - Jan 1 with 332 viewsRyorry

What the actual hell on 13:54 - Jan 1 by monty_radio

Sounds deliberately well-organised, and therefore, improbable.

M.E.'s other businesses obviously function somewhere that the law of supply and demand doesn't.

Bearing in mind some of PL's recent comments, I have a feeling he may well have frced ME's hands along the lines of "you can see recent short-termism and lack of funds mean this club's going nowhere. If you want promotion & to get to where you/the Club wants to be, and do it without spending squillions, you want someone with a long-term plan for the *football*. I have one & can do it".

Well I hope so anyway. It's clear that he cares about the Club (and us fans) since he arrived.

What the actual hell on 14:04 - Jan 1 with 324 viewsHerbivore

What the actual hell on 14:03 - Jan 1 by Ryorry

Bearing in mind some of PL's recent comments, I have a feeling he may well have frced ME's hands along the lines of "you can see recent short-termism and lack of funds mean this club's going nowhere. If you want promotion & to get to where you/the Club wants to be, and do it without spending squillions, you want someone with a long-term plan for the *football*. I have one & can do it".

Well I hope so anyway. It's clear that he cares about the Club (and us fans) since he arrived.

It's also clear he's lacking on the football front as well though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What the actual hell on 14:05 - Jan 1 with 323 viewssoclopath

What the actual hell on 13:21 - Jan 1 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Massive vote of confidence from Evans. Feels a bit like the Torys election victory - I didn’t see that coming.

The certainty of the mangers position could have a positive effect on the players. At least those not playing for him might know their days are numbered unless they decide to accept the situation and get on with it.

Who's happy with this news, we all know players likes old M.M. The terraces ,total dislike.a forth hand tells me now it's just the opposife P.L. Loved by the terraces not by the players.
What the actual hell on 14:08 - Jan 1 with 311 viewsRyorry

What the actual hell on 14:04 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

It's also clear he's lacking on the football front as well though.

I meant in the fundamentals, such as in time drawing out a core squad from the yoofs + judicious signings.

Hence my hint that he might soon bring in an assistant for the right here and now.

Well I hope so anyway ...

What the actual hell on 14:10 - Jan 1 with 302 viewsHerbivore

What the actual hell on 14:08 - Jan 1 by Ryorry

I meant in the fundamentals, such as in time drawing out a core squad from the yoofs + judicious signings.

Hence my hint that he might soon bring in an assistant for the right here and now.

Well I hope so anyway ...

He's already got an assistant though. I can't see any changes to the coaching staff, this is a massive vote of confidence for Lambert's whole set up.

What the actual hell on 14:11 - Jan 1 with 300 viewsRyorry

What the actual hell on 14:10 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

He's already got an assistant though. I can't see any changes to the coaching staff, this is a massive vote of confidence for Lambert's whole set up.

Additional assistant (or even replacement (?)).

What the actual hell on 14:12 - Jan 1 with 294 viewsHerbivore

What the actual hell on 14:11 - Jan 1 by Ryorry

Additional assistant (or even replacement (?)).

I'd be very surprised if that happens.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024