Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please deny this... 08:44 - Dec 8 with 5839 viewshampstead_blue

Sunday Times page 1, 6, 7.

I know it's the Sunday Times but are all of these cases and statements lies?

Emporers new clothes.

Edit. Documents were leaked from within Labour and go back to 2018,
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 8:46]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Please deny this... on 09:32 - Dec 9 with 528 viewsWeWereZombies

Please deny this... on 17:57 - Dec 8 by hampstead_blue

I've been out and about.
Didn't see it.

For the record I think that ALL religion should be outlawed. It's just fairytales.
Please can anyone show me the scientific evidence? They can't as it does not and will never exist.

We are creatures of evolution. We are merely passing through. Religion is a toxic and vile syrup that sticks to those needing a home.

What the Jewish religion does to children is wrong. I will never condone that.

That said, I feel that everyone has a right to speak freely of their own thoughts and beliefs. Fill your boots.

Some may think this gives leeway to those who hate the Jewish people. It doesn't. I don't hate them at all. They are people. I think their religious ideas are bunkum. That's ideological.

Peace and love.

Hmmm, you are asking for scientific evidence for something that is not scientific. Science is one of the major, if not the major, bastions of knowledge but it is not the only one. Banning religion because it is not scientific would be like banning Norwich City from playing football because they have never won a significant trophy. It might get you a quick snigger but in the long term you would, in a way, miss them...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Please deny this... on 11:44 - Dec 9 with 497 viewsWeWereZombies

Please deny this... on 12:21 - Dec 8 by footers

"If that is a quick precis please never try and summarise 'Ulysses' for us..."

Young lad strolls around Dublin one day.

So I was fine with this, even smiled to myself and gave you a 'taken in good heart' uppie.

Then, while I was doing the hoovering, it struck me. Ulysses is not that much about the young Stephen Dedalus but more about the older Leopold Bloom. Bit ageist I thought and carried on hoovering. Then stopped!

Bloom is Jewish...you...you...Corbynista, you

Please deny this... on 11:57 - Dec 9 with 486 viewsfooters

Please deny this... on 11:44 - Dec 9 by WeWereZombies

So I was fine with this, even smiled to myself and gave you a 'taken in good heart' uppie.

Then, while I was doing the hoovering, it struck me. Ulysses is not that much about the young Stephen Dedalus but more about the older Leopold Bloom. Bit ageist I thought and carried on hoovering. Then stopped!

Bloom is Jewish...you...you...Corbynista, you

Yes, for some reason I could always relate more to Bloom's feelings of impotence, jealousy and frustration.

IIRC Joyce settled on the name Bloom for that character after a falling out he'd had with a publisher in the States by a similar name. Think there was a court case about it. Can't remember off the top of my head but will read up later today... now where did I leave that moly?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Please deny this... on 12:19 - Dec 9 with 461 viewsWeWereZombies

Please deny this... on 11:57 - Dec 9 by footers

Yes, for some reason I could always relate more to Bloom's feelings of impotence, jealousy and frustration.

IIRC Joyce settled on the name Bloom for that character after a falling out he'd had with a publisher in the States by a similar name. Think there was a court case about it. Can't remember off the top of my head but will read up later today... now where did I leave that moly?

I have thought a bit more about this, yep I hear the virtual groan from the rest of the forum, and have decided to compare characters in the current election and surrounding movements with characters in 'Ulysses':

Blazes Boylan - Boris Johnson
Buck Mulligan - Nigel Farage
Stephen Dedalus - Alan Sked
Garrett Deasy - Aaron Banks
Milly Bloom - Jo Swinson
William Ward - Donald Trump
The Citizen - John Mcdonnell
Bella Cohen - Laura Kuenssberg
Zoe Higgins - Nick Robinson
Yelverton Barry - Andrew Neil
Hon. Mrs. Meryhn Talboys - Fiona Bruce
Private Carr - Mark Francois
Molly Bloom - Diane Abbott
oh hang on, that makes Corbyn, cuckolded by Johnson (just wait till the scandal hits the newspapers on Wednesday), Leopold Bloom...

Looking forward to details of the naming of Bloom court case by the way, had not come across that before. But a search on Wikipedia has just woken me up to Mel Brooks calling the Gene Wilder character Leo Bloom in 'The Producers' as a tip of the hat to Joyce.

Please deny this... on 12:34 - Dec 9 with 450 viewsfooters

Please deny this... on 12:19 - Dec 9 by WeWereZombies

I have thought a bit more about this, yep I hear the virtual groan from the rest of the forum, and have decided to compare characters in the current election and surrounding movements with characters in 'Ulysses':

Blazes Boylan - Boris Johnson
Buck Mulligan - Nigel Farage
Stephen Dedalus - Alan Sked
Garrett Deasy - Aaron Banks
Milly Bloom - Jo Swinson
William Ward - Donald Trump
The Citizen - John Mcdonnell
Bella Cohen - Laura Kuenssberg
Zoe Higgins - Nick Robinson
Yelverton Barry - Andrew Neil
Hon. Mrs. Meryhn Talboys - Fiona Bruce
Private Carr - Mark Francois
Molly Bloom - Diane Abbott
oh hang on, that makes Corbyn, cuckolded by Johnson (just wait till the scandal hits the newspapers on Wednesday), Leopold Bloom...

Looking forward to details of the naming of Bloom court case by the way, had not come across that before. But a search on Wikipedia has just woken me up to Mel Brooks calling the Gene Wilder character Leo Bloom in 'The Producers' as a tip of the hat to Joyce.

Ah! I have myself confused but found the relevant part ('Art of James Joyce', A Litz), which means I'm sort of half correct...

Bloom was inspired by an ongoing court case in Dublin at the time involving a Mr Hunter, who was both jewish and reportedly a cuckold. He was also meant to be a character in Dubliners originally, but this was back in 1906.

Boris Boylan... hah! How droll, Mr Zombers. But I like your cast, and as an added bonus many can be directly attributed to the original Ulysses, if we fancy getting classical.

Edit: And the American publisher thing was actually Beckett in his early years, now that I remember!
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 12:37]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Please deny this... on 12:35 - Dec 9 with 447 viewswkj

Please deny this... on 09:07 - Dec 8 by J2BLUE

I thought of you as I put my cross in the Labour box

I have to say TWTD swung my decision to vote for Labour too, not so much out of spite, but because I have seen very little wrong in how JC has conducted himself in the present day. IMHO Cummings and the Boris rhetoric has been despicable and I hope the wider public show that come the 12th with the voters the polls often forget. That said, I am quite well aware I am backing the losing party this time round and wont be planning my tickets for Zed's victory speech just yet.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024