Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? 09:31 - Dec 2 with 3825 viewsunstableblue

Large number of posters stating he’s not good enough, never thought he was good enough, bringing out factors such as his inability to keep us up last season, or make a better fight of survival.

Is this a bit harsh? Is it people’s pre-judgement of Lambert coming to the fore and a desire to be proven right?

So many other negative factors referenced - squad rotation; lack of clear system/formation; ‘tippy tappy in midfield but not enough forward momentum; one lone striker unnecessary at this level.

Even recent performances used as a stick to beat him?! And questions of who we would replace him with?!

Personally I think there needs to be some perspective! Whilst I agree we haven’t torn a team apart in a 80mins ruthless display, and I’m still fuming with the lack lustre Rotherham display, we are Second in the League with two games in hand that would take us top!!!!!!

Some other positive factors:

- as a club we had forgotten how to pass and move effectively - in the 1-1 runs last season and continuing into this we simply pass better, and are getting 60% possessions stats. We had seasons of having lowere possession and at home
- the rotation has allowed us to rehab Dozzell, Huws, Keane and other players very effectively. And have a fit and sharp Donacien to fill an injury gap
- we have managed to nurse Norwood through injury and remain second, a player who should be fresh for an extended run over Christmas
- we now have real options and competition - with Judge, Keane, Huws and Dozzel being real option rather than out of form unfit players
- when we have clicked our forward play has been excellent this season, with some great flowing moves
- there have been a number of ‘halves’ where Town have turned in great displays
- the Wolf and Downes have massively progressed under Lambert, and fringe youth such as Dobra and El Mizouni are being given game time
- this league is hard, not as low quality as many lazily protest, and we are second
- Garbutt, Holy, Wilson Norwood are good signings
- the PR element of Paul, who many deride, has the best atmosphere I can remember for a decade and a 19.5k average. And average that suggests not everyone agrees with the dissenters

So is it all really that bad? Is Lambert hopeless as some suggest?

Agree that ‘the performance’ has yet to materialise and don’t think his sub choices are always optimum, but perhaps you have to have faith in Lamberts and his team... it’s a marathon and it’s league position that counts, and where we end up come May. And a bit more credit for turning around a fan base and support that was broken.

Come on chaps - back the guy and the project for now - and hopefully the December games will win over some dissenters.

COYFB
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 9:32]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:17 - Dec 2 with 1063 viewsHerbivore

As is often the case the truth is somewhere in the middle. He's not doing a bad job but nor is he doing a particularly good job. I'd give him a 6 out of 10 overall thus far. Quite a bit of room for improvement but we're a way off getting the bed sheets out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:18 - Dec 2 with 1067 viewswkj

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:10 - Dec 2 by artsbossbeard

I'm kinda surprised by the Comical Ali levels of posts on here and on social media.

Mick was a defensive minded coach, happy to take a point and not concede when playing one up front. At home.

Hardly a whimper on this under PL. And we're playing in a pub league.

I'm far from anti-PL, to clarify.

I wasn't against this with Mick at first, that is exactly what we needed at the time, but what got me was our inability to evolve and improve. Where I started to lose love for Mick was the season we actually started off by playing some good stuff, then reading thumped us at their gaff and that made Mick shut up shop and the type of footy we started out with dried up.

I am not against the criticism of Lambert, but I question the basis of SOME of it and the comparisons to Mick is comparing a manager who had a decade to build and evolve against someone who has been here for about a year having to juggle a swolen squad featuring a number of player who simply never should have been signed in the first place.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:23 - Dec 2 with 1055 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 10:36 - Dec 2 by unstableblue

That blocked shot debacle the other day was ridiculous - the dissenters were negating goal bound efforts - "don't count" - that were stopped via hand ball and being cleared off the line, with little chance the keeper would have reached

I didn’t realise the dissenters now include the BBC, WhoScored, EADT and indeed the club itself, seeing as they all reported no shots on target in that game

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:26 - Dec 2 with 1057 viewsRobTheMonk

It's an odd one at the moment for me. I'm happy we're top 2 for sure, but we're not playing particualy well against teams around us and we lack dynamism especially in midfield when Downes is not playing.

No reason to panic, but I'm not excited about how we play at present.
Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:27 - Dec 2 with 1047 viewswkj

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:26 - Dec 2 by RobTheMonk

It's an odd one at the moment for me. I'm happy we're top 2 for sure, but we're not playing particualy well against teams around us and we lack dynamism especially in midfield when Downes is not playing.

No reason to panic, but I'm not excited about how we play at present.

We need you to get in touch with the club to arange a rousing half time tuba recital to really gee up the fans. I am sure they would cover to costs of getting your camper van through customs and set you a nice little parking spot behind fanzone.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:33 - Dec 2 with 1029 viewsRobTheMonk

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:27 - Dec 2 by wkj

We need you to get in touch with the club to arange a rousing half time tuba recital to really gee up the fans. I am sure they would cover to costs of getting your camper van through customs and set you a nice little parking spot behind fanzone.

I'll bring Madge and Lou with me.
Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:34 - Dec 2 with 1026 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 09:41 - Dec 2 by Steve_M

It's over the top but this is the internet age and fans looking for minor angle to attack a manager doing an ok job is standard.

It would have been possible for Lambert to keep us up but difficult with a squad lacking quality and experience in key areas. Mick managed it but that was an exceptional achievement however some people may have chose to spin it afterwards.

This season there are valid questions to ask, particularly about home form and how we are setting out to play at Portman Road, but the idea that Lambert is failing is ludicrous. As good as the squad is for this division, it's still unbalanced with too many players not properly fit or in form. Some of that may be down to Lambert but not all.

It takes time to turn a team round after relegation. 1995-96 had some awful matches in, losing 5-1 at home to Charlton and watching Barnsley pass round us for fun on a cold December Friday stand out. And are erratic form in the early part of 2003-04 not only saw Burley sacked but enough points dropped under Royle to cost us a play-off place and an immediate return.

Constructive, nuanced criticism is fine, indeed necessary. That's not what a few of the posts yesterday were.

Agree with most of that - and as usual the reality is somewhere in the middle of the extremes

He was poor last season, without doubt. Keeping us up would have been a huge achievement, however it wasn’t unreasonable to expect that we would put up more of a fight than we did, ending up adrift at the bottom and relegated with games to spare. The whole ‘he never had a chance argument’ just doesn’t stack up for me and it seemed some supporters were intent on absolving him from any valid criticism

On the flip side this season has been broadly positive so far, with some valid concerns over recent form and us seemingly still not having settled on a truly effective system. However things then seem to have flipped completely the other way with some supporters completely over-exaggerating how bad things are, when in reality we’re in a very strong position still

Really I think Lambert is on a hiding to nothing this year, as short of blowing away the league the jury will still be out pending how we do next year

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:35 - Dec 2 with 1027 viewsitfcjoe

The problem for me is that most of the stuff Lambert has got right, and desperately needed doing are off the pitch - that is from fan engagement to all the way through to recruitment. We are in a better place than we were in a number of regards and I think Lambert, o'Neill and Evans deserve credit for this.

But on the pitch it just isn't working properly for me, the season is long though and in 3 months hopefully we can be happy with how we are playing as we click and get promoted with 90+ points and a goal difference of +50 (These aren't unrealistic numbers) but it feels a long way off at the moment - and sides like Luton and Barnsley who achieved that have fallen well short for various reasons this season.

The rotation wouldn't overly bother me, if they were being rotated into a preferred pattern and style of play, even a regular formation that could be flexible.

Realistically in the league we play Holy/Norris, KVY (or another RB), Garbutt, Chambers, Woolfenden, Downes, Skuse, Norwood, Jackson - plus another 2 players dictated to by the formation we are playing. It should be a lot more settled than it is, but doesn't feel it at the moment.

We aren't turning teams over, we aren't creating a lot of chances - we are a team that win's 1-0 on the road, but struggles to win at home - there may be a bit more passing but the metrics aren't much different to us under Mick at a higher level - we are outperforming our xG at both ends and that isn't always sustainable.

I still feel our football is so basic, and don't know how/when that will change.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:47 - Dec 2 with 986 viewsartsbossbeard

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:35 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

The problem for me is that most of the stuff Lambert has got right, and desperately needed doing are off the pitch - that is from fan engagement to all the way through to recruitment. We are in a better place than we were in a number of regards and I think Lambert, o'Neill and Evans deserve credit for this.

But on the pitch it just isn't working properly for me, the season is long though and in 3 months hopefully we can be happy with how we are playing as we click and get promoted with 90+ points and a goal difference of +50 (These aren't unrealistic numbers) but it feels a long way off at the moment - and sides like Luton and Barnsley who achieved that have fallen well short for various reasons this season.

The rotation wouldn't overly bother me, if they were being rotated into a preferred pattern and style of play, even a regular formation that could be flexible.

Realistically in the league we play Holy/Norris, KVY (or another RB), Garbutt, Chambers, Woolfenden, Downes, Skuse, Norwood, Jackson - plus another 2 players dictated to by the formation we are playing. It should be a lot more settled than it is, but doesn't feel it at the moment.

We aren't turning teams over, we aren't creating a lot of chances - we are a team that win's 1-0 on the road, but struggles to win at home - there may be a bit more passing but the metrics aren't much different to us under Mick at a higher level - we are outperforming our xG at both ends and that isn't always sustainable.

I still feel our football is so basic, and don't know how/when that will change.

Decent summary that, Joe.

Interesting to watch the Wycombe game the other night and note that the back four are/were "defend first, worry about the pretty football later" types.

I'm presuming this has been a training ground thing and, personally, I've not got a problem with it but, as you say, it does make our footballing offerings quite basic.

I walked into the ground with a couple of Wycombe fans who looked a bit lost around DW Fitness and whilst I guided them in, one of them said "you boys are going to give one team a really good spanking soon, surely? Your squad is immense"

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 12:04 - Dec 2 with 956 viewsitfcjoe

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 11:47 - Dec 2 by artsbossbeard

Decent summary that, Joe.

Interesting to watch the Wycombe game the other night and note that the back four are/were "defend first, worry about the pretty football later" types.

I'm presuming this has been a training ground thing and, personally, I've not got a problem with it but, as you say, it does make our footballing offerings quite basic.

I walked into the ground with a couple of Wycombe fans who looked a bit lost around DW Fitness and whilst I guided them in, one of them said "you boys are going to give one team a really good spanking soon, surely? Your squad is immense"

The midfield are completely bypassed, and we don't press very well from the front. It is all a bit half measures for me and we aren't excelling in any area

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 12:12 - Dec 2 with 942 viewsKieran_Knows

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 12:04 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

The midfield are completely bypassed, and we don't press very well from the front. It is all a bit half measures for me and we aren't excelling in any area

It does tend to have the feel of 'we have a better squad than anyone else in the division, so that alone will win us games', which it has done. Although I did think coming down to this level we may see some sort of identity and pattern of play.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 12:13 - Dec 2 with 940 viewsLankHenners

At the end of the day we're in the automatic promotion places so you can't really say anyone's doing an objectively 'bad' job.

However, not to pick specifically on you but a lot of the 'positives' you mention (and others often sling them around) are the same forensic splitting of hairs people did to criticise Mick but this time to do the opposite with Lambert. "Good halves", come on; "higher possession" against sh!te teams where we don't do a lot with it; bit odd to say we don't have unfit out of form players as alternative options then list Keane, Judge and Huws as examples.

The 'PR Paul' tag was always very cynically applied by some simpletons as he has clearly done a good job of trying to rebuild the club as a whole which had started to dissolve under Evans' lack of attention. He does know (but would never say), like every manger, that football fans as a whole aren't the brightest and are very easily pleased so can fob them off with a 'fans were great' which people seem to accept as an excuse for him not answering tougher questions.

On that note, I'd point out he seems to have got into snappy remarks about perceived criticisms far quicker and more needlessly than a certain previous manager did which people got their knickers in a right twist over.

Personally, I was never that convinced by him and didn't really buy into his character like many did straight away as he could have been a complete d!ckhead for all I cared as we were in desperate need of results which he ultimately failed to deliver.

However, I was happy enough to accept he was given a horrible task and would give him the benefit of a clean slate this season which would act as a good place to build a team in his image and drill in a style of play to give us an identity again after a lot of 'damage limitation' performances.

Transfer window was pretty good, although we could have done with a Daryl Murphy type and a left back, and the blessing in disguise is that the likes of Downes and Woolfenden have a season to really embed themselves in the team and emerge as first names on the team sheet.

Problem is there's not a lot in terms of a style of play and people's fears that, as well as we're doing, this season was going to be about relying on having better players relative to the quality of the league are looking like they're coming true. Not necessarily a problem for getting promoted but all it will do is put us in the same situation we were in last year where we're too toothless going forwards and can get cut open against better teams.

I don't think anyone was really expecting free flowing football where we attack for 90 minutes and score 3 or 4 goals every game but it has to be a concern that Lambert hasn't got a settled side playing in a distinctive way where everyone knows what they're doing, especially with the quality we have.

Whilst the rotation policy may have long term benefits (and we know we've struggled late-season in recent years with fatigue and burn out), the way it should work is that when players come in and out, they know what role they have to fulfill and do it diligently so, even if they're a perceived weaker player, the sum of the parts is not affected. Sheffield Utd are a great example of this. Yes they're in the Premier League but they started what they're doing now in this division, working really hard on the way they wanted to play, coaching the players to do it and bringing extra ones in that suited it which has allowed them to add extra quality each season, getting stronger and stronger at what they wanted to do which has yielded great success. Southampton have lost their way now but they were the same.

The fundamental problem is a lack of a real clue at the top level of this club where there is no long term plan other than a vague list of ideas that should be the set in stone basics of every football club in the country. That is why an 'up and coming' manager was always a doomed project here as they don't have the support. That's why, under the constraints the club is managed, we'll always need a Mick-type manager to even dream of competing at the top end of the league above.

People might well look at the likes of Sheff Utd, Norwich, Preston this season and say 'how have they done that?' but it's because they know what they're doing. There has to be some element of luck (and lord knows the pr!cks up the road have dodged more bullets than Agent Smith) but the groundwork is set in so they can make their own luck.

Back on topic, Lambert is probably going at a 6/10. Ish. Despite a little wobble of late, he's been getting results which is the first step. I do believe that had we the likes of Sears and Lankester at our disposal we'd have seen more of a 433 which would suit us better. However, simply put, the players we have are too good to be playing the way we are. When teams come at us with a clear plan and pattern of play we struggle a little, hence the loss to Rotherham and inability to turn a draw into a win against Blackpool, Doncaster, Wycombe (ref being a tw@t aside).

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 14:43 - Dec 2 with 868 viewslondontractorboy57

only one thing for it bring back Mickma the news site was far more entertaining when he was manager.
Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 14:58 - Dec 2 with 845 viewsHerbivore

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 14:43 - Dec 2 by londontractorboy57

only one thing for it bring back Mickma the news site was far more entertaining when he was manager.

Don't think he'd drop down to the third tier, mate.

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:02 - Dec 2 with 837 viewsITFC_Forever

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 14:58 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

Don't think he'd drop down to the third tier, mate.

I reckon it would have been close.

Quality of squad and football was deteriorating by the season.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:08 - Dec 2 with 828 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:02 - Dec 2 by ITFC_Forever

I reckon it would have been close.

Quality of squad and football was deteriorating by the season.

It wasn’t though was it?

Permanent signings in his last season included Waghorn, Garner and Huws, with Berra and Smith the only noticeable outgoings (the latter was a bit part player at that point)

We also finished in the top half, having finished 16th the season before

The desire to try something new was understandable, but the idea that we were headed for relegation is just a lie

That's all very well, but.... on 15:10 - Dec 2 with 825 viewsGarv

That's all very well, but.... on 11:01 - Dec 2 by Bloots

....I expect that even if we just used "shots" as a metric we'd still look pathetic.

(I'm basing this on nothing other than just my general impression having watched us play)

We don't shoot from outside the box, which doesn't help shooting stats, funnily enough. I would love someone to come up with how many goals we've scored from outside the box in the last 10 years compared to other teams. I'd be astounded if we weren't very low down the list.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:22 - Dec 2 with 806 viewsKieran_Knows

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:08 - Dec 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It wasn’t though was it?

Permanent signings in his last season included Waghorn, Garner and Huws, with Berra and Smith the only noticeable outgoings (the latter was a bit part player at that point)

We also finished in the top half, having finished 16th the season before

The desire to try something new was understandable, but the idea that we were headed for relegation is just a lie

Finished top half yet, yet attendances were dropping like a stone? Obviously, sticking with Mick would've seen us stay in the division, but I dread to think how many would be inside PR these days if he had stayed (13,000 or so recorded at his last game, yet there was never 13,000 there that night).

Before you go off and say 'OH MY GOD, YOU LOVE LAMBERT', that's not what I'm saying. It's an absolute travesty that this clubs finds itself in the third tier, and Lambert has to take some of that blame due to the sh*t show from January on wards last year when it was clear his signings weren't good to keep us up (although I accepted relegation after the Bristol home game), but where would we/this club be with Mick still at the helm now (if that's the angle you was coming from, if it wasn't, then apologies)?

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:31 - Dec 2 with 790 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:22 - Dec 2 by Kieran_Knows

Finished top half yet, yet attendances were dropping like a stone? Obviously, sticking with Mick would've seen us stay in the division, but I dread to think how many would be inside PR these days if he had stayed (13,000 or so recorded at his last game, yet there was never 13,000 there that night).

Before you go off and say 'OH MY GOD, YOU LOVE LAMBERT', that's not what I'm saying. It's an absolute travesty that this clubs finds itself in the third tier, and Lambert has to take some of that blame due to the sh*t show from January on wards last year when it was clear his signings weren't good to keep us up (although I accepted relegation after the Bristol home game), but where would we/this club be with Mick still at the helm now (if that's the angle you was coming from, if it wasn't, then apologies)?

Nothing of the sort, I was just responding to the suggestion that we were headed for relegation anyway, as we obviously weren’t

Plenty of valid reasons why it was time for a change including those that you outline; unfortunately that change has gone horribly for us so far (as much as some may try and claim otherwise)

You must be buzzing that Judgey got another assist yesterday btw? 🙂

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:37 - Dec 2 with 783 viewsHerbivore

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:22 - Dec 2 by Kieran_Knows

Dropping like a stone is a bit of an exaggeration in fairness. In Mick's first full season our average attendance was 16,654 and in his last season at the helm it was 16,272. A loss of just under 400 fans over a 5 year period is hardly disastrous, certainly it's a far smaller loss than we experienced over the preceding 5 year period.

That's not to say it wasn't time for him to go, things had gone stale or sour depending on how much of a melt you were, and it had reached a point of no return. There's not much need for the revisionism I often see around where the club was heading though. Fans were bored, some were throwing tantrums and behaving like particularly nasty school children. It wasn't exactly the end of days but was enough for it to make sense to part ways.

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:39 - Dec 2 with 777 viewsWD19

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 09:49 - Dec 2 by SaleAway

I think its a response to a relative dip in form since the start of the season.

Since we beat Gillingham at the beginning of October, we're W3 D4 L3

Coming from our undefeated start, its not great. But time will tell - if we kick on in the 2nd half of the season, then this will fade away - the squad rotation makes sense given the injury rehab needed, and the number of games we're going to have to play.

But you're right - its not all bad by any means. I think people just want to see more of a developed style. We're keeping the ball better, but as Arsenal fans will tell you - toothless possession is a tad pointless... we still see the same problems we've seen for years... lack of forward thinking central midfield play - meaning the strikers get isolated from the rest. Its been the same for so long - and as fans, we'd like to see an attempt to address it.

For me it is not the relative 'dip'. It is that we were quite fortunate to get some of those results whilst lacking a clear pattern of play/relative goal threat.

The assumption was that it would settle down. We would find out feet and kick on. We haven't.

That's not a reason to panic, but it does merit the question 'why' given the resources available.....
Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:43 - Dec 2 with 777 viewsKieran_Knows

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:31 - Dec 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Nothing of the sort, I was just responding to the suggestion that we were headed for relegation anyway, as we obviously weren’t

Plenty of valid reasons why it was time for a change including those that you outline; unfortunately that change has gone horribly for us so far (as much as some may try and claim otherwise)

You must be buzzing that Judgey got another assist yesterday btw? 🙂

Fair enough, my apologies then (was just a general question anyway).

Indeed, the appointment was a sham.

Any need? Still, lets hope it's the start of upturn in form for him, hey?

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:46 - Dec 2 with 771 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 15:43 - Dec 2 by Kieran_Knows

Fair enough, my apologies then (was just a general question anyway).

Indeed, the appointment was a sham.

Any need? Still, lets hope it's the start of upturn in form for him, hey?

Just thought seeing as I’d got a Lambert bite without trying I may aswell go for a Judgey one too, you didn’t disappoint 🙂

But yes let’s hope so - maybe Lambert might actually play him in the league again at some point

The apathy was just as a result of general..... on 15:59 - Dec 2 with 757 viewsBloots

....."boredom", which was (IMHO) mainly due to the owner and his lack of interest and funding, plus the fact that we'd been in the division for so long.

Wait until the spring of next season and see how the attendances look when we are 9th in the 3rd Division.

I dread to think what the place will be like once we've spent 5 or 6 years in this division.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

hmmmmm.... on 18:06 - Dec 2 with 707 viewsunstableblue

Negativity on board to Lambert yesterday - is it justified? on 12:04 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

...whilst I agree with a lot of what you're saying, I think you may be in glass half empty mode.

I do think we have pressed quite effectively with the strikers and higher midfielders this season, in a few games we have forced errors and it has worked Sunderland, MK Dons, Tranmere.

Also I thought against Blackpool our midfield was really quite dominant and played in some nice shapes. Similarly to slate the midfield against Wycombe is perhaps not paying the visitors enough respect, that was a tough energetic display by Wycombe and we did well to just about hold the balancec.

Totally agree its not all clicking, but there is some merit in the system (short to central midfielder, short to higher mid, or wide for a runner.

Really hope we do see a run of form thought. We need to get out of this league, and changing manager won't help.

Have to have some faith in him.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024