Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 14:20 - Nov 21 with 5569 viewsJakeITFC

Changed both of those games v Lincoln once moved into a deeper central midfield position.

I really think we will improve as a team if we can get him in that role permanently (rather than out wide or in a ten). I get the arguments around physicality and coasting through games, but I really think (as the second half last night shows) that we have plenty of players in this squad who can allow us to just play on the front foot and give him the time and space to make him really effective.
Dozzell on 16:05 - Nov 21 with 1058 viewsTractorCam

Dozzell on 15:53 - Nov 21 by BiGDonnie

Yep, what he said.

Still, let's do the old TWTD and not read something properly in the hope of scoring some internet points. Sigh.

No I see your post. You say Skuse is the position Dozzer needs to be in. That is correct and to me has always been the case. He is indeed hampering his development, however Skuse has been one of our best players this season and to drop him would be crazy. Then again we dropped Holy for Norris so who knows.

Also I don't reckon Dozzell will be here this time next year, maybe even 3 months.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Dozzell on 16:06 - Nov 21 with 1055 viewsMullet

Dozzell on 15:12 - Nov 21 by JakeITFC

Ideally the Skuse role

Dozzell for the reasons mentioned above
Downes for energy and tackling
Huws/Nolan/Bishop for the ball carrying and drive

Mentioned this in the summer. Skuse is coming to and end, and will not play weekly this season let alone next if we go up.

A reconfiguration with two midfielders ahead who can be more all action suits Dozzell. However, that then eradicates Judge as a 10 and the striker partnership.

Lambert really likes 433 and I can see that returning once he can find a 2nd tier calibre big man to play it. You have to wonder how many of our youngsters have the legs and quality to play out wide. Had we had Lankester to use we might have seen it more already.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dozzell on 16:23 - Nov 21 with 1023 viewsJakeITFC

Dozzell on 15:18 - Nov 21 by Hullblue

Agree that would be the best fit for him, but Skuse makes so many important tackles and interceptions. Maybe that wouldn’t be quite so necessary if we could keep hold of the ball a bit better though.

Dozzell, Downes and Bishop would be a dream.

Well that’s just it isn’t it - do we want our pivot to mop up with tackles and interceptions or be the focal point of our play?

I really think that Dozzell for Skuse is a style altering switch.
Dozzell on 17:32 - Nov 21 with 977 viewsHullblue

Dozzell on 16:23 - Nov 21 by JakeITFC

Well that’s just it isn’t it - do we want our pivot to mop up with tackles and interceptions or be the focal point of our play?

It would definitely help, but I’m not sure if it’s enough to turn us into a team that keeps the ball effectively. Is Chambers going to start playing a high line, for example? I admire your optimism but we’ve looked like such a functional team so far - it’s a big leap.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Dozzell on 17:48 - Nov 21 with 951 viewsLankHenners

Dozzell on 16:06 - Nov 21 by Mullet

Mentioned this in the summer. Skuse is coming to and end, and will not play weekly this season let alone next if we go up.

A reconfiguration with two midfielders ahead who can be more all action suits Dozzell. However, that then eradicates Judge as a 10 and the striker partnership.

Lambert really likes 433 and I can see that returning once he can find a 2nd tier calibre big man to play it. You have to wonder how many of our youngsters have the legs and quality to play out wide. Had we had Lankester to use we might have seen it more already.

If Sears and Lankester were fit I reckon we’d have seen a lot more of the 433. Those two, the former in particular, would stop Norwood, say, getting isolated and Jackson so be converted to a wide forward pretty well I think.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Dozzell on 17:57 - Nov 21 with 945 viewslmfcblue

Dozzell on 16:23 - Nov 21 by JakeITFC

Dozzell has showed what’s he’s all about and what the England coaches see in him by starting a couple of games. Let’s hope PL pushes him on now centrally rather than the odd cameo or being played wide.
I’ve said it before if you put the legs and physicality around him we have a player who would dictate our tempo of play.
Skuse has done well this season but he’s more of a stopper and like you say Jake to go to the next level we need more centrally
Dozzell on 18:17 - Nov 21 with 928 viewsmonty_radio

Dozzell on 17:57 - Nov 21 by lmfcblue

Dozzell has showed what’s he’s all about and what the England coaches see in him by starting a couple of games. Let’s hope PL pushes him on now centrally rather than the odd cameo or being played wide.
I’ve said it before if you put the legs and physicality around him we have a player who would dictate our tempo of play.
Skuse has done well this season but he’s more of a stopper and like you say Jake to go to the next level we need more centrally

But having "legs and physicality around him" is eaxctly what he gets in a young mobile England. We need Skuse because he reads the game defensively and covers for our having central defenders who can get caught out.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Dozzell on 18:38 - Nov 21 with 915 viewslmfcblue

Dozzell on 18:17 - Nov 21 by monty_radio

But having "legs and physicality around him" is eaxctly what he gets in a young mobile England. We need Skuse because he reads the game defensively and covers for our having central defenders who can get caught out.

So we need to select Skuse to cover our central defenders?
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 19:18 - Nov 21 with 882 viewsBlueBadger

Dozzell on 16:05 - Nov 21 by TractorCam

No I see your post. You say Skuse is the position Dozzer needs to be in. That is correct and to me has always been the case. He is indeed hampering his development, however Skuse has been one of our best players this season and to drop him would be crazy. Then again we dropped Holy for Norris so who knows.

Also I don't reckon Dozzell will be here this time next year, maybe even 3 months.

Yes, but Mick bought Skuse.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024