Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone see OMD last night? 16:51 - Nov 17 with 6035 viewsitfcpaul

What did you think?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Anyone see OMD last night? on 17:31 - Nov 17 with 4208 viewsOldsmoker

Any chance you can post the playlist?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anyone see OMD last night? on 17:34 - Nov 17 with 4212 viewsgerryitfc

Anyone see OMD last night? on 17:31 - Nov 17 by Oldsmoker

Any chance you can post the playlist?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/orchestral-manoeuvres-in-the-dark/2019/regent-the
Anyone see OMD last night? on 17:44 - Nov 17 with 4184 viewsOldsmoker

Anyone see OMD last night? on 17:34 - Nov 17 by gerryitfc

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/orchestral-manoeuvres-in-the-dark/2019/regent-the

Many thanks.
All my faves are there.
I would have enjoyed that gig.

Anyone see OMD last night? on 18:00 - Nov 17 with 4159 viewswaveneyblue

Very good.... quite a erm "varied" age group in the audience...
Anyone see OMD last night? on 18:09 - Nov 17 with 4147 viewsgerryitfc

Anyone see OMD last night? on 17:44 - Nov 17 by Oldsmoker

Many thanks.
All my faves are there.
I would have enjoyed that gig.

I'm at the Regent Wednesday to see Squeeze and Heaven 17.
Anyone see OMD last night? on 18:26 - Nov 17 with 4124 viewsOldsmoker

Anyone see OMD last night? on 18:09 - Nov 17 by gerryitfc

I envy you.
Bristol doesn't have a venue that can hold more than 1500 so there's no payday for the bands.
We don't get any big bands here except for the outdoor summer concerts.
An Arena has been mooted for years but all the land has been grabbed by developers. The closest we've come is a disused aircraft hanger at the now-closed Filton Airport. There's been one gig there and the promoters said "Success" and the punters said the sound was sh*t and it was bl**dy freezing.

Anyone see OMD last night? on 19:33 - Nov 17 with 4071 viewsWD19

Definitely one to watch. I predict big things.
Anyone see OMD last night? on 19:40 - Nov 17 with 4065 viewsDebsyAngel

Yes we were there. Glad I could go as been very unwell for 8 months (and still no better) but we booked them a year ago and I have always wanted to see them.

Fantastic performance, and you would not thought Andy McClusky had been ill earlier on! A great and enthused set, they sound exactly the same as in their heyday.

A mention for the support MIG 15, who were excellent. Met them after the show and said best of luck to them - how I wish more modern music sounded as good! Andy McClusky's son, the bassist, a really nice guy.

My only gripe is that I cannot understand why we are not allowed to go to the front of the stage and dance anymore. The same happened at Midge Ure gig. It's hard to dance in a confined seating space without spoiling the view for others who DO want to sit. I hope this isn't going to be the case for the Squeeze/Heaven 17 gig on Wednesday.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone see OMD last night? on 19:49 - Nov 17 with 4043 viewsGaryCooper

Saw them at the Gaumont circa 1984, they were excellent.
Anyone see OMD last night? on 19:55 - Nov 17 with 4032 viewsOsborneOneNil

Anyone see OMD last night? on 18:26 - Nov 17 by Oldsmoker

I envy you.
Bristol doesn't have a venue that can hold more than 1500 so there's no payday for the bands.
An Arena has been mooted for years but all the land has been grabbed by developers. The closest we've come is a disused aircraft hanger at the now-closed Filton Airport. There's been one gig there and the promoters said "Success" and the punters said the sound was sh*t and it was bl**dy freezing.

That was Massive Attack, I went. It was freezing, sound could have been better. Not loud enough.
Anyone see OMD last night? on 20:33 - Nov 17 with 3979 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone see OMD last night? on 17:34 - Nov 17 by gerryitfc

Good set list that. Their new stuff holds up well alongside their 80’s classics.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone see OMD last night? on 20:45 - Nov 17 with 3958 viewsFoD_Blue

Anyone see OMD last night? on 18:26 - Nov 17 by Oldsmoker

I envy you.

The Bristol O2 has a higher capacity than the Regent in Ipswich (1600 v 1500).
I would say that the major problem with the O2 though is that it is a terrible venue when it is busy. I think that the Colson Hall has a capacity of around 2000. I've seen some very good bands in both venues.
Only been to the Regent once, earlier this year to see Thunder. It is a very nice venue and well located.
We do get some very good bands playing in Bristol, and there are some very good smaller venues (The Fleece, Thekla for example). It's not too far to travel to Cardiff for the bigger gigs, which I do regularly. Although I am in the Forest of Dean, so about an hour from both Bristol and Cardiff.
Anyone see OMD last night? on 20:46 - Nov 17 with 3953 viewsMelford

Anyone see OMD last night? on 18:09 - Nov 17 by gerryitfc

Same here. Read some really good reviews, should be a cracking night.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Anyone see OMD last night? on 22:19 - Nov 17 with 3851 viewsitfcpaul

Saw them in Sheffield

Best band ever live to be honest and how they keep selling out is amazing!!

couple of strange track choices though. Statues and Stanliw as opposed to so more well know earlier stuff like She's Leaving and Red Frame White Light but just amazing live
[Post edited 17 Nov 2019 22:33]

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Anyone see OMD last night? on 22:23 - Nov 17 with 3844 viewsitfcpaul

Anyone see OMD last night? on 19:40 - Nov 17 by DebsyAngel

Yes we were there. Glad I could go as been very unwell for 8 months (and still no better) but we booked them a year ago and I have always wanted to see them.

Fantastic performance, and you would not thought Andy McClusky had been ill earlier on! A great and enthused set, they sound exactly the same as in their heyday.

A mention for the support MIG 15, who were excellent. Met them after the show and said best of luck to them - how I wish more modern music sounded as good! Andy McClusky's son, the bassist, a really nice guy.

My only gripe is that I cannot understand why we are not allowed to go to the front of the stage and dance anymore. The same happened at Midge Ure gig. It's hard to dance in a confined seating space without spoiling the view for others who DO want to sit. I hope this isn't going to be the case for the Squeeze/Heaven 17 gig on Wednesday.

Look out for Heaven 17s version of The Human Leagues You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling. it's awesome...

Midge Ure is the best live performer still to this date.

Anyone see OMD last night? on 23:43 - Nov 17 with 3781 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone see OMD last night? on 22:23 - Nov 17 by itfcpaul

Look out for Heaven 17s version of The Human Leagues You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling. it's awesome...

Midge Ure is the best live performer still to this date.

Wn aw them last year Heaven 17 performed Human League’s Crow & a Baby and Being Boiled.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone see OMD last night? on 07:12 - Nov 18 with 3705 viewsitfcpaul

Anyone see OMD last night? on 23:43 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

Wn aw them last year Heaven 17 performed Human League’s Crow & a Baby and Being Boiled.

They are touring next year performing the first two Human League albums

Travelogue and Reproduction

should be interesting

Saw Human Leagure supporting Stranglers in either 77 or 78
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 7:43]

Anyone see OMD last night? on 11:12 - Nov 18 with 3623 viewsDebsyAngel

Anyone see OMD last night? on 07:12 - Nov 18 by itfcpaul

They are touring next year performing the first two Human League albums

Travelogue and Reproduction

should be interesting

Saw Human Leagure supporting Stranglers in either 77 or 78
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 7:43]

Will be looking out for that - 2 of my favourite albums ever!

Just hope I will be well enough to go....
Anyone see OMD last night? on 11:28 - Nov 18 with 3605 viewsitfcpaul

Anyone see OMD last night? on 11:12 - Nov 18 by DebsyAngel

Will be looking out for that - 2 of my favourite albums ever!

Just hope I will be well enough to go....

They certainly were ground-breaking and a bit Avant garde of their time in relation to live shows

Inly After Dark and The Touchables off Travelogue and Circus of Death. YLTLF, Empire State Human and Zero As A Limit ( song about a car crash) were really ahead of their time

Glenn Gregory is a much better singer than Phil Oakey and if only they had stuck with him as vocalist rather than go to Phil Oakey I'm sure they might have had a longer career!!

Anyone see OMD last night? on 15:16 - Nov 18 with 3496 viewsOldsmoker

Anyone see OMD last night? on 11:28 - Nov 18 by itfcpaul

They certainly were ground-breaking and a bit Avant garde of their time in relation to live shows

Inly After Dark and The Touchables off Travelogue and Circus of Death. YLTLF, Empire State Human and Zero As A Limit ( song about a car crash) were really ahead of their time

Glenn Gregory is a much better singer than Phil Oakey and if only they had stuck with him as vocalist rather than go to Phil Oakey I'm sure they might have had a longer career!!

I moved from Ipswich to Sheffield in the mid 70's.
1977 was the year that the pubs were hosting bands like The Future, Human League, Cabaret Voltaire, The Push, Extras etc just as the punk bands from London stopped coming because they got on TOTP and were too big for the likes of us. I saw the last gig of the old Human League line-up before they split to form Heaven 17. I think Being Boiled was down to the guys who formed Heaven 17 which is why they do it live now.
Then some guy from London recorded "Are friends electric" and blew away punk, prog, disco and heavy metal overnight.

Anyone see OMD last night? on 16:12 - Nov 18 with 3456 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone see OMD last night? on 11:28 - Nov 18 by itfcpaul

The Steel City tour of around ten years ago was something special. ABC, Heaven 17 and Human League all in the same bill in small intimate venues.

Martyn Ware still plays the same synth for Being Boiled as he used for the original recording.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone see OMD last night? on 16:20 - Nov 18 with 3445 viewschicoazul

Didn they write a happy go lucky ditty about Hiroshima or something?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone see OMD last night? on 22:02 - Nov 18 with 3347 viewsRadlett_blue

Saw OMD a couple of years ago at the Roundhouse & they were good. Was going to see them again last week at Watford Colosseum but it was cancelled at the last minute down to an issue with the venue which needed emergency repair works.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone see OMD last night? on 22:33 - Nov 18 with 3329 viewsitfcpaul

Anyone see OMD last night? on 15:16 - Nov 18 by Oldsmoker

I moved from Ipswich to Sheffield in the mid 70's.
1977 was the year that the pubs were hosting bands like The Future, Human League, Cabaret Voltaire, The Push, Extras etc just as the punk bands from London stopped coming because they got on TOTP and were too big for the likes of us. I saw the last gig of the old Human League line-up before they split to form Heaven 17. I think Being Boiled was down to the guys who formed Heaven 17 which is why they do it live now.
Then some guy from London recorded "Are friends electric" and blew away punk, prog, disco and heavy metal overnight.

but Numan was and still is to this day an amazing performer and writer

his live shows have always be awesome

I bought a Roland Juno 60 off Cabaret Voltaire!!

Anyone see OMD last night? on 22:45 - Nov 18 with 3322 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone see OMD last night? on 20:46 - Nov 17 by Melford

Same here. Read some really good reviews, should be a cracking night.

I'm at The Regent Wednesday.

I thought it was December and only realised it was Wednesday when I saw this thread.

Missed Pretenders and Micky Flanaghan a couple of years back in quick succession as my memory is shot.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024