Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone see OMD last night? 16:51 - Nov 17 with 6046 viewsitfcpaul

What did you think?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Anyone see OMD last night? on 22:49 - Nov 18 with 1778 viewsEly_Blue

Saw them at the regent in the early 90s, I think it was 92 the same year as I also saw Level 42 in our promotion season

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anyone see OMD last night? on 23:00 - Nov 18 with 1773 viewsOldsmoker

Anyone see OMD last night? on 22:33 - Nov 18 by itfcpaul

but Numan was and still is to this day an amazing performer and writer

his live shows have always be awesome

I bought a Roland Juno 60 off Cabaret Voltaire!!

I saw an interview with Phil Oakley where he said all these synth bands had been playing gigs for years and only had a small following and then Gary Numan happened. He said "Are Friends electric" opened the door for synth music to go mainstream. He was a little bit miffed that "Are Friends Electric" was Tubeway Armys first single and it came out of nowhere.
Numan captured the zeitgeist and very few can claim that. No-one can take that away from Numan.
Have you still got the the Roland?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anyone see OMD last night? on 23:13 - Nov 18 with 1760 viewsitfcpaul

Anyone see OMD last night? on 23:00 - Nov 18 by Oldsmoker

I saw an interview with Phil Oakley where he said all these synth bands had been playing gigs for years and only had a small following and then Gary Numan happened. He said "Are Friends electric" opened the door for synth music to go mainstream. He was a little bit miffed that "Are Friends Electric" was Tubeway Armys first single and it came out of nowhere.
Numan captured the zeitgeist and very few can claim that. No-one can take that away from Numan.
Have you still got the the Roland?

No. wish I had though!
basic polyphonic synth but really big sound

also had a sh101

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Anyone see OMD last night? on 23:49 - Nov 18 with 1747 viewsMelford

Anyone see OMD last night? on 23:13 - Nov 18 by itfcpaul

No. wish I had though!
basic polyphonic synth but really big sound

also had a sh101

I had a Casio SK-1, one of the first samplers and a big Bontempi organ when I was a kid. I went to keyboard club at lunchtime at school, we did Oxygene by Jean-Michel Jarre in a big assembly. There was a total whizzkid on piano playing the main theme and I was playing bass on the bottom black notes of the Bontempi.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Anyone see OMD last night? on 11:07 - Nov 19 with 1707 viewsDebsyAngel

Anyone see OMD last night? on 22:02 - Nov 18 by Radlett_blue

Saw OMD a couple of years ago at the Roundhouse & they were good. Was going to see them again last week at Watford Colosseum but it was cancelled at the last minute down to an issue with the venue which needed emergency repair works.

2 of my friends were also going to that. One had travelled from Guernsey and had travel and hotel costs and a VIP package. He was gutted.
Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:13 - Nov 21 with 1642 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone see OMD last night? on 20:46 - Nov 17 by Melford

Same here. Read some really good reviews, should be a cracking night.

What did you think Melford?

Must admit I've seen better Squeeze gigs. The first set I thought contained too many lesser known tracks but what really annoyed me was they tried to be too arty farty at times and completely ruined Slap and Tickle and Tempted by making it a Difford / Tilbrook duet and playing without the band. On Cool for Cats Tilbrook thought he was Dave Gilmour.

Disappointing for me.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:29 - Nov 21 with 1611 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:13 - Nov 21 by Lord_Lucan

Must admit I've seen better Squeeze gigs. The first set I thought contained too many lesser known tracks but what really annoyed me was they tried to be too arty farty at times and completely ruined Slap and Tickle and Tempted by making it a Difford / Tilbrook duet and playing without the band. On Cool for Cats Tilbrook thought he was Dave Gilmour.

Disappointing for me.

I saw Squeeze a couple of years ago and there were lots of extended guitar solos which was disappointing as they were the kings of the 3 minute pop single.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:43 - Nov 21 with 1607 viewsRadlett_blue

Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:29 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

I saw Squeeze a couple of years ago and there were lots of extended guitar solos which was disappointing as they were the kings of the 3 minute pop single.

Interesting. I saw Squeeze at the Forum in Kentish town about 4 years ago and they played pretty much everything you would have wanted to hear, with no self-indulgence.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:46 - Nov 21 with 1604 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:29 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

Yes, Squeeze are Squeeze, in effect they are a pop Chas and Dave.

Although one of my long standing favourite bands I've only seen them three times and the other two gigs were cracking. Saw an old mate there last night and he was a bit deflated afterwards - and he reckons he's seen them over 20 times.

Also, I was in an elevated box at the back and on the first number I spotted a women I know get up for a jig - only to be told by the usher to sit down.

This country!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:47 - Nov 21 with 1601 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:43 - Nov 21 by Radlett_blue

Interesting. I saw Squeeze at the Forum in Kentish town about 4 years ago and they played pretty much everything you would have wanted to hear, with no self-indulgence.

I saw them at Kentish Town around that time and they were on top form then - brilliant gig.

Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:48 - Nov 21 with 1599 viewsRadlett_blue

Disappointing for me.

Some of these bands forget that their old fans turn up to hear the old songs played in the way they remember them, not an acoustic or acapella version with a full orchestra.
I saw Echo & the Bunnymen last year and they played "Killing Moon" with a few women on strings as the sole backing. After a couple of verses a punter stood up and shouted "PLAY IT PROPERLY"! The reply from Ian McCulloch was "F*^k off".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone see OMD last night? on 09:12 - Nov 21 with 1583 viewsDebsyAngel

Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:46 - Nov 21 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, Squeeze are Squeeze, in effect they are a pop Chas and Dave.

Although one of my long standing favourite bands I've only seen them three times and the other two gigs were cracking. Saw an old mate there last night and he was a bit deflated afterwards - and he reckons he's seen them over 20 times.

Also, I was in an elevated box at the back and on the first number I spotted a women I know get up for a jig - only to be told by the usher to sit down.

This country!

Thought Heaven 17 were EXCELLENT and wished they had been on for longer. I was like a freed bird when allowed to go to the front and dance from "Penthouse and Pavement" - why is the dancing at the front disallowed now mostly? Squeeze were very good too, but sometimes found myself getting a bit tired during the numbers I didn;t know so well. Again, nice to get up and dance once "Cool For Cats" started up. The female bass player was excellent. Think the Regent should get rid of a few rows or have moveable seats to allow for people to dance - like it used to. I am at a gig, not a cinema!! (No disrespect to people who want to sit incidentally)
Anyone see OMD last night? on 09:13 - Nov 21 with 1583 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone see OMD last night? on 08:48 - Nov 21 by Radlett_blue

Some of these bands forget that their old fans turn up to hear the old songs played in the way they remember them, not an acoustic or acapella version with a full orchestra.
I saw Echo & the Bunnymen last year and they played "Killing Moon" with a few women on strings as the sole backing. After a couple of verses a punter stood up and shouted "PLAY IT PROPERLY"! The reply from Ian McCulloch was "F*^k off".

Heaven 17 were backing them up last night, they were ok.

Anyone see OMD last night? on 10:12 - Nov 21 with 1546 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone see OMD last night? on 09:12 - Nov 21 by DebsyAngel

Thought Heaven 17 were EXCELLENT and wished they had been on for longer. I was like a freed bird when allowed to go to the front and dance from "Penthouse and Pavement" - why is the dancing at the front disallowed now mostly? Squeeze were very good too, but sometimes found myself getting a bit tired during the numbers I didn;t know so well. Again, nice to get up and dance once "Cool For Cats" started up. The female bass player was excellent. Think the Regent should get rid of a few rows or have moveable seats to allow for people to dance - like it used to. I am at a gig, not a cinema!! (No disrespect to people who want to sit incidentally)

I thought of you while I was there and wondered what you made of it.

I missed the start of Heaven17, did they play Sunset Now?

Anyone see OMD last night? on 12:58 - Nov 21 with 1525 viewsMelford

Disappointing for me.

I really enjoyed but I like arty farty. I agree with Tempted though, the best bit of that song for me is that fat organ sound and there was only about a minute of it at the end. Heaven 17 were good, though i must confess I spent most of their set ogling that hot blonde backing singer they had.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Anyone see OMD last night? on 14:45 - Nov 21 with 1513 viewsDebsyAngel

Anyone see OMD last night? on 10:12 - Nov 21 by Lord_Lucan

I thought of you while I was there and wondered what you made of it.

I missed the start of Heaven17, did they play Sunset Now?

Sadly they didn't play that! That is one of my favourites. No help that they went on stage 7.30- it was a rush to get there and the traffic was bad too. Where were you sitting??
Anyone see OMD last night? on 15:59 - Nov 21 with 1494 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone see OMD last night? on 14:45 - Nov 21 by DebsyAngel

Sadly they didn't play that! That is one of my favourites. No help that they went on stage 7.30- it was a rush to get there and the traffic was bad too. Where were you sitting??

We had one of the boxes at the back of the stalls.

Lucan, Lady Lucan, RKD and my daughter (who's TWTD remains a mystery to me)

It was a bit of a Squeeze!

Anyone see OMD last night? on 19:00 - Nov 21 with 1459 viewsDebsyAngel

Anyone see OMD last night? on 15:59 - Nov 21 by Lord_Lucan

We had one of the boxes at the back of the stalls.

Lucan, Lady Lucan, RKD and my daughter (who's TWTD remains a mystery to me)

It was a bit of a Squeeze!

I was in Row D, Seat 1 - ideal as could run to the front when allowed!
Anyone see OMD last night? on 19:08 - Nov 21 with 1457 viewsgerryitfc

Anyone see OMD last night? on 12:58 - Nov 21 by Melford

I really enjoyed but I like arty farty. I agree with Tempted though, the best bit of that song for me is that fat organ sound and there was only about a minute of it at the end. Heaven 17 were good, though i must confess I spent most of their set ogling that hot blonde backing singer they had.

You and me both. She was gorgeous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024