Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More serious warning 22:25 - Nov 6 with 13816 viewsPhilTWTD

Not overly impressed that the earlier message re abuse was essentially ignored. Given that ample warnings have been given re abuse (and I'll add winding-up and stirring up ancient rows to that) no one - whether a long-term poster or otherwise - can have any complaints if they're banned. Not going to have my time wasted by abuse reports and related PMs.

This post has been edited by an administrator
More serious warning on 17:51 - Nov 7 with 1714 viewsjeera

More serious warning on 17:45 - Nov 7 by hoppy

Maybe they do want to see other subjects other than just football... but bored of politics threads.

In that instance though, you can ignore complete threads as well, should you wish to do so. Often useful for things like cricket too.

Ok, yes, that too.

I avoid the cricket ones mostly like you say.

Occasionally I'll have a look in faux interest but don't really concentrate.

As you allude to, I don't then whine that all cricket posts should be banned.*

Good idea though.

*See also rugby, F1

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

More serious warning on 17:55 - Nov 7 with 1708 viewsSpruceMoose

More serious warning on 17:51 - Nov 7 by jeera

Ok, yes, that too.

I avoid the cricket ones mostly like you say.

Occasionally I'll have a look in faux interest but don't really concentrate.

As you allude to, I don't then whine that all cricket posts should be banned.*

Good idea though.

*See also rugby, F1

It's fairly easy to avoid the posts you don't want to read. Gambling posts, politics posts, look how crass and rich I am posts or even posts about your brown bin are all easy to avoid.

Just don't click them, but if you do, don't read them!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More serious warning on 17:56 - Nov 7 with 1701 viewsjeera

More serious warning on 17:55 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

It's fairly easy to avoid the posts you don't want to read. Gambling posts, politics posts, look how crass and rich I am posts or even posts about your brown bin are all easy to avoid.

Damn.

If I'd known that's all you had to say I wouldn't have bothered to open this again.

I feel conned.

More serious warning on 17:58 - Nov 7 with 1699 viewsKBsSocks

Sorry that you have to deal with nonsense, Gav and Phil.

Thanks for doing it.

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

More serious warning on 17:59 - Nov 7 with 1695 viewsfooters

I'd double-downvote this if I could.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

More serious warning on 18:04 - Nov 7 with 1683 viewsSpruceMoose

More serious warning on 17:56 - Nov 7 by jeera

Damn.

If I'd known that's all you had to say I wouldn't have bothered to open this again.

I feel conned.

That's what you get for being a thread mode relic!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

More serious warning on 18:07 - Nov 7 with 1671 viewsjeera

More serious warning on 18:04 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

That's what you get for being a thread mode relic!

Thread mode? How dare you.

If Phil wasn't busy I'd report this misrepresentation and personal attack on my character.

More serious warning on 18:08 - Nov 7 with 1668 viewsSpruceMoose

More serious warning on 18:07 - Nov 7 by jeera

Thread mode? How dare you.

If Phil wasn't busy I'd report this misrepresentation and personal attack on my character.

Gav is probably twiddling his thumbs

Login to get fewer ads

More serious warning on 18:14 - Nov 7 with 1652 viewsjeera

More serious warning on 18:08 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

More serious warning on 18:17 - Nov 7 with 1644 viewsfactual_blue

More serious warning on 17:46 - Nov 7 by footers

Perhaps a TWTD version of Through the Keyhole? "Who lives in a bedsit like this...?"

The answer would always be J2 though.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

More serious warning on 18:18 - Nov 7 with 1637 viewsfactual_blue

More serious warning on 10:04 - Nov 7 by Pinewoodblue

Difficult times for Phil. One well known poster got away with the N word, and the P word yesterday.

You took the time to down vote the post, but not report it to Phil.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

More serious warning on 18:27 - Nov 7 with 1618 viewswkj

More serious warning on 18:08 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

OK, I get 2 of those references in your Av, but what is that thing on the top right?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

More serious warning on 18:27 - Nov 7 with 1617 viewsNewcyBlue

More serious warning on 16:45 - Nov 7 by Mullet

The only people I've ever seen say that sort of stuff, usually end up spilling the beans about when they said something stupid/racist/offensive and got drummed off of here. Most people who don't like it just stick to what they do like and get on with it.

There's a more serious issue with privacy and honesty but that's down to the type of scum with no morals and boundaries.

If you think kids are the main demographic being put off I'd be keen to know how and why. in my experience their social media tastes and habits are completely alien to places like TWTD. Unless Phil starts snapchatting or making gag reels for TikTok etc. I just don't see that being true either.

There's literally way more football content than anything else anyway.

“ There's a more serious issue with privacy and honesty but that's down to the type of scum with no morals and boundaries. ”

I do find it quite baffling that adults will search for other adults social media and then take sly digs at them on an Internet forum, or even send other people their own wedding photos.

It’s this place at its very worst.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

More serious warning on 18:30 - Nov 7 with 1600 viewsSpruceMoose

More serious warning on 18:27 - Nov 7 by wkj

OK, I get 2 of those references in your Av, but what is that thing on the top right?

I dunno, found it online.

More serious warning on 18:31 - Nov 7 with 1597 viewsMullet

More serious warning on 18:27 - Nov 7 by NewcyBlue

“ There's a more serious issue with privacy and honesty but that's down to the type of scum with no morals and boundaries. ”

I do find it quite baffling that adults will search for other adults social media and then take sly digs at them on an Internet forum, or even send other people their own wedding photos.

Definitely. You have to be a special kind of weak to go there in the first place, and to be honest deserve pity, more than whatever else might come back their way even years later etc.

They are very much a minority though and you can tell why.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

More serious warning on 18:31 - Nov 7 with 1599 viewswkj

More serious warning on 18:27 - Nov 7 by NewcyBlue

I don't disagree but after yesterday I am going to speak up and say that false accusations are also in that category too. I come to learn my name has been getting batted around the inner circles of that situation and simply won't be quiet when that game of chinese whispers has become so out of hand that innocent parties are being accused of boblocks they have no part in whatsoever.

Crybaby

More serious warning on 18:33 - Nov 7 with 1586 viewsJ2BLUE

More serious warning on 18:31 - Nov 7 by wkj

I don't disagree but after yesterday I am going to speak up and say that false accusations are also in that category too. I come to learn my name has been getting batted around the inner circles of that situation and simply won't be quiet when that game of chinese whispers has become so out of hand that innocent parties are being accused of boblocks they have no part in whatsoever.

Who is mentioning you?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

More serious warning on 18:34 - Nov 7 with 1576 viewsfooters

More serious warning on 18:33 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

Who is mentioning you?

You did, just then.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

More serious warning on 18:35 - Nov 7 with 1576 viewswkj

More serious warning on 18:33 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

Who is mentioning you?

The thread was pulled. I wont name names in the spirit of the board and this very (edit) post.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 18:35]

Crybaby

More serious warning on 18:36 - Nov 7 with 1558 viewsJ2BLUE

More serious warning on 18:35 - Nov 7 by wkj

The thread was pulled. I wont name names in the spirit of the board and this very (edit) post.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 18:35]

Hmm.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

More serious warning on 18:42 - Nov 7 with 1533 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is that not hypocritical though because you’re often found on my gambling threads during Cheltenham, Ascot and occasionally during the football season if I have one moaning about gambling or horse racing. Surely you just wouldn’t click on them?

But anyway..

But on the whole, I think Phil is going to have a tough time coming up with the usual political threads ramped up a notch or twelve.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 18:45]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

More serious warning on 18:47 - Nov 7 with 1516 viewsRyorry

More serious warning on 18:31 - Nov 7 by wkj

Agree re false accusations; unfortunately it's nothing new & I've been targeted in the past too.

Something else I find beyond the pale, and totally incomprehensible, is the hypocrisy re. mental health. There've been some brilliant threads on here in the past with numerous people being very supportive of those with depression or stress-related illnesses etc - but then, often on the same day, you get some of those previously-supportive-in-theory people actually going on to call others "mental", "stupid", "thick" etc - for simply disagreeing with their own point of view! or even just for voting a different political way to themselves. Some of this name-calling then gets upvoted by others, simply because the author happens to belong to the same political tribe as themselves. And I'm not talking about posts that are obviously jokey or genuine bantz. Really find it objectionable.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

More serious warning on 18:47 - Nov 7 with 1514 viewshoppy

More serious warning on 18:42 - Nov 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Is that not hypocritical though because you’re often found on my gambling threads during Cheltenham, Ascot and occasionally during the football season if I have one moaning about gambling or horse racing. Surely you just wouldn’t click on them?

But anyway..

But on the whole, I think Phil is going to have a tough time coming up with the usual political threads ramped up a notch or twelve.

I've never seen you have one moaning about gambling or horse racing...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

More serious warning on 18:55 - Nov 7 with 1487 viewswkj

More serious warning on 18:47 - Nov 7 by Ryorry

Agree re false accusations; unfortunately it's nothing new & I've been targeted in the past too.

Something else I find beyond the pale, and totally incomprehensible, is the hypocrisy re. mental health. There've been some brilliant threads on here in the past with numerous people being very supportive of those with depression or stress-related illnesses etc - but then, often on the same day, you get some of those previously-supportive-in-theory people actually going on to call others "mental", "stupid", "thick" etc - for simply disagreeing with their own point of view! or even just for voting a different political way to themselves. Some of this name-calling then gets upvoted by others, simply because the author happens to belong to the same political tribe as themselves. And I'm not talking about posts that are obviously jokey or genuine bantz. Really find it objectionable.

Its hard to really know what is worse, the initial accusation or the speed of which it starts to become fact. I've not been perfect on here by any stretch, more so in more distant history, but I have never been anything but courteous to people in one on one discussion, and on the board if I am being a knob I tend to think I am direct about it, and then quick to appologise if a line has been crossed.

It is a very hard line to tread really, defend yourself at the risk of perpetuating discord or remain quiet and risk the accusation gaining traction privately. In light of this I still don't habour animosity toward individuals on here, but the situation itself is pretty frigging rotten all round.

Crybaby

More serious warning on 19:00 - Nov 7 with 1473 viewsSpruceMoose

More serious warning on 18:42 - Nov 7 by The_Romford_Blue

But anyway..

Edit - I appreciated your edit. Much more constructive language. Thank you.

Well Rommers, we all have our faults on here, so maybe you are indeed correct. Perhaps I am guilty of getting sucked into reading posts I think glorify damaging behaviours. I appreciate that that view is my own and not a popular one however.

I shall do my best to avoid reading your threads on gambling again, and should I fail, will genuinely attempt to not post on them.

To be fair though, I don't want to see them banned from here, which is after all what is being called for regarding political posts. If you wish them to be safe space free of critique then that's fair enough, but might I suggest you set up some kind of email distribution list to do this though, as posting on a public forum does tend to invite comments from people who may have a differing opinion to you, and if that isn't something you want to tangle with on these threads it could be a way of avoiding it.

I shall attempt to stick to this, and instead I will stick to commenting on your other posts which you say do invite debate, such as the threads on LGBTQ+ issues you have started, Waggy's departure or those addressing the 'EVANS OUT' phenomena.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 19:04]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024