Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More serious warning 22:25 - Nov 6 with 13817 viewsPhilTWTD

Not overly impressed that the earlier message re abuse was essentially ignored. Given that ample warnings have been given re abuse (and I'll add winding-up and stirring up ancient rows to that) no one - whether a long-term poster or otherwise - can have any complaints if they're banned. Not going to have my time wasted by abuse reports and related PMs.

This post has been edited by an administrator
More serious warning on 11:26 - Nov 7 with 3729 viewsBlueBadger

More serious warning on 09:03 - Nov 7 by SitfcB

How about we ban political chat altogether?

Or simply ban the persistent, repeat offenders and stop them from joining up again?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

More serious warning on 11:57 - Nov 7 with 3671 viewsPinewoodblue

More serious warning on 10:56 - Nov 7 by GeoffSentence

The filthiest language I have ever heard at FPR was in the family section.

From the kids.

Was that the time the club decided to experiment by inviting away fans into the family area. For some reason they chose a game against Millwall.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

More serious warning on 15:44 - Nov 7 with 3511 viewsActionMan

Just clear the political posts off the board for good and this headache will stop, football fans will come back and the local Labour contingent will have to have their arguments over on a Labour forum, where it should be.

You'r literally asking for these problems when you allow those political threads to go on, and it's utterly destroyed your reputation with the fan base as a toxic forum by allowing this to continue. Why would you want non-football fans on here arguing over politics all day anyway, makes no sense especially when you have a young generation of fans desperately keen to get into everything Ipswich who won't touch the site at the moment due to old men getting nasty over which of their liars is lying least this week.
More serious warning on 15:45 - Nov 7 with 3508 viewsyesjohn99

More serious warning on 10:04 - Nov 7 by Pinewoodblue

Difficult times for Phil. One well known poster got away with the N word, and the P word yesterday.

Yeah, no one should ever mention Norwich on here.

What was the P? Pompey?

Amazes me how people can get so upset over an Internet forum. Stick and stones.......
More serious warning on 15:48 - Nov 7 with 3503 viewsonlymehere

More serious warning on 15:44 - Nov 7 by ActionMan

Just clear the political posts off the board for good and this headache will stop, football fans will come back and the local Labour contingent will have to have their arguments over on a Labour forum, where it should be.

You'r literally asking for these problems when you allow those political threads to go on, and it's utterly destroyed your reputation with the fan base as a toxic forum by allowing this to continue. Why would you want non-football fans on here arguing over politics all day anyway, makes no sense especially when you have a young generation of fans desperately keen to get into everything Ipswich who won't touch the site at the moment due to old men getting nasty over which of their liars is lying least this week.

A very very good point I agree ban talk of politics from this forum.
More serious warning on 15:49 - Nov 7 with 3499 viewsSouperJim

It's really very simple, you just click the "show Football only posts" button at the top of the forum.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

More serious warning on 15:49 - Nov 7 with 3496 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

More serious warning on 11:07 - Nov 7 by caught-in-limbo

Is that because they have a better view of the game?

Have an uppie....but no they don't.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

More serious warning on 16:20 - Nov 7 with 3455 viewsjeera

Each time this comes up it is pointed out there is a football only tab.

I'm intrigued to know why someone who feels this way doesn't use it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

More serious warning on 16:24 - Nov 7 with 3439 viewsSpruceMoose

More serious warning on 15:48 - Nov 7 by onlymehere

A very very good point I agree ban talk of politics from this forum.

How authoritarian... Almost, Bentleyesque.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More serious warning on 16:25 - Nov 7 with 3437 viewsSpruceMoose

More serious warning on 16:20 - Nov 7 by jeera

Can't flounce if you acknowledge you already have the thing you're flouncing about, can you?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

More serious warning on 16:30 - Nov 7 with 3424 viewsfooters

We need more threads like BDS's fabulous 'Insect of the day' series... Any suggestions?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

More serious warning on 16:41 - Nov 7 with 3398 viewswkj

More serious warning on 16:30 - Nov 7 by footers

We need more threads like BDS's fabulous 'Insect of the day' series... Any suggestions?

Who's lime is it anyway. Where posters email Phil a picture of a lime and we have to guess who owned that lime when he occasionally posts a picture of the lime of the week. Failing that we could play a game of who wore it best. I know that I'd win it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

More serious warning on 16:45 - Nov 7 with 3386 viewsMullet

The only people I've ever seen say that sort of stuff, usually end up spilling the beans about when they said something stupid/racist/offensive and got drummed off of here. Most people who don't like it just stick to what they do like and get on with it.

There's a more serious issue with privacy and honesty but that's down to the type of scum with no morals and boundaries.

If you think kids are the main demographic being put off I'd be keen to know how and why. in my experience their social media tastes and habits are completely alien to places like TWTD. Unless Phil starts snapchatting or making gag reels for TikTok etc. I just don't see that being true either.

There's literally way more football content than anything else anyway.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

More serious warning on 16:49 - Nov 7 with 3370 viewswkj

More serious warning on 16:45 - Nov 7 by Mullet

The only people I've ever seen say that sort of stuff, usually end up spilling the beans about when they said something stupid/racist/offensive and got drummed off of here. Most people who don't like it just stick to what they do like and get on with it.

There's a more serious issue with privacy and honesty but that's down to the type of scum with no morals and boundaries.

If you think kids are the main demographic being put off I'd be keen to know how and why. in my experience their social media tastes and habits are completely alien to places like TWTD. Unless Phil starts snapchatting or making gag reels for TikTok etc. I just don't see that being true either.

There's literally way more football content than anything else anyway.

The missus was educated about TikTok the other day, I couldn't help but think that it sounds like a crap version of vine, which was pretty crap itself.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

More serious warning on 16:56 - Nov 7 with 3360 viewsStokieBlue

There is a football only button at the top if it offends you so much.

The fact you want to restrict peoples online conversation is rather worrying though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

More serious warning on 17:27 - Nov 7 with 3317 viewsJ2BLUE

More serious warning on 11:26 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

Or simply ban the persistent, repeat offenders and stop them from joining up again?

And the repeat offenders are? Non Labour voting, leave supporting, non lefties I reckon.

Am I right?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

More serious warning on 17:30 - Nov 7 with 3308 viewsSpruceMoose

More serious warning on 17:27 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

And the repeat offenders are? Non Labour voting, leave supporting, non lefties I reckon.

Am I right?

I would imagine Phil can see which post types have been pulled most frequently, and which posters have had the most threads pulled or edited over the last few months and weeks.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's something easily quantifiable.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 17:42]

More serious warning on 17:31 - Nov 7 with 3300 viewsJ2BLUE

More serious warning on 17:30 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

I would imagine Phil can see which post types have been pulled most frequently, and which posters have had the most threads pulled or edited over the last few months and weeks.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's something easily quantifiable.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 17:42]

Just interested in Badger's opinion of who it it. Anyway, it's not me, i've been posting much less recently.

Truly impaired.

More serious warning on 17:33 - Nov 7 with 3294 viewsSpruceMoose

More serious warning on 17:31 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

Just interested in Badger's opinion of who it it. Anyway, it's not me, i've been posting much less recently.

Yes, I had noticed your lack of screen time from the comfort of my nest.com app.

More serious warning on 17:33 - Nov 7 with 3293 viewsjeera

More serious warning on 17:31 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

You have, and you have been missed.

To be fair to Badger's post, I would go as far to suggest the people he means wouldn't know or care about the differences you refer to and just pop in to cause as much division as possible.

I might be wrong of course.

More serious warning on 17:37 - Nov 7 with 3280 viewsJ2BLUE

More serious warning on 17:33 - Nov 7 by jeera

You have, and you have been missed.

To be fair to Badger's post, I would go as far to suggest the people he means wouldn't know or care about the differences you refer to and just pop in to cause as much division as possible.

I might be wrong of course.

I doubt that first point mate but thanks

Truly impaired.

More serious warning on 17:38 - Nov 7 with 3276 viewsSpruceMoose

More serious warning on 17:37 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

Maybe he meant to add 'with my gun' to the end of the sentence?

More serious warning on 17:39 - Nov 7 with 3273 viewsjeera

More serious warning on 17:37 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

Well I can only speak for myself then!

Heh.

More serious warning on 17:45 - Nov 7 with 3262 viewshoppy

More serious warning on 16:20 - Nov 7 by jeera

Maybe they do want to see other subjects other than just football... but bored of politics threads.

In that instance though, you can ignore complete threads as well, should you wish to do so. Often useful for things like cricket too.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

More serious warning on 17:46 - Nov 7 with 3255 viewsfooters

More serious warning on 16:41 - Nov 7 by wkj

Who's lime is it anyway. Where posters email Phil a picture of a lime and we have to guess who owned that lime when he occasionally posts a picture of the lime of the week. Failing that we could play a game of who wore it best. I know that I'd win it.

Perhaps a TWTD version of Through the Keyhole? "Who lives in a bedsit like this...?"

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024